Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,372 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (917145 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arduino: 7:46am On May 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

very good car, ensure you have it inspected. It has no reoccurring faults I know of.
Thanks, I will have the car inspected today. But do you think 2Million is a good price for am still insisting on 1.8Milla.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:13am On May 08, 2019
arduino:

Thanks, I will have the car inspected today. But do you think 2Million is a good price for am still insisting on 1.8Milla.

how can I tell from my bedroom?

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Debosneh31(m): 9:57am On May 08, 2019
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=78204049]

Please how much can I get a 04 Honda Civic steering pump and shaft
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by RosaBerry(f): 10:19am On May 08, 2019
please how much can I get an avalon 02 back shock and fuel pump?

Secondly how do I fix the rpm problem on my avalon. When i turn on the ignition, the car highs on its own then later stabilizes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:03pm On May 08, 2019
RosaBerry:
When i turn on the ignition, the car highs on its own then later stabilizes

That's normal for cars starting cold...... just means your engine is trying to pump oil faster to lubricate parts.

Not usually a problem unless it lasts for too long and there's other things wrong with the car

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arduino: 4:20pm On May 08, 2019
Gurus, your comments. Pls

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 5:07pm On May 08, 2019
kcbaba007:

clean ur fuel filters, if very dirty, buy another one, also, check if ur fuel pump is pumping fuel at d required PSI.

I'll look into the fuel pump, I noticed the car jerks when I try to accelerate and when I down shift to overtake.

But where do I get quality pumps, I don buy 2 pumps in the space of 6 months.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by RosaBerry(f): 9:08pm On May 08, 2019
4llerbuntu:

normal for cars starting cold...... just means your engine is trying to pump oil faster to lubricate parts.

not usually a problem unless it lasts for too long and there's other things worrying the car

Been happening for a while now. It highs for 2 mins then when i touch the accelerator, it normalize
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by habeeb246(m): 9:24pm On May 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

very good car, ensure you have it inspected. It has no reoccurring faults I know of.
what about 08 camry sport 4 cylinder?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ibadanchief(m): 10:50pm On May 08, 2019
Good Evening all,I have a Kia Rio,2014,this morning,I was trying to park with Reverse,I was suppose to climb just a small hill,which on a normal day,a little touch on the accelerator should push ,but today,I had to go forward like twice,den came back with force. Its embarrassing. I also noticed,while driving, if I should either step on the brake to a stop,before it picks up,it takes time,if I make a turn at a T junction,before it picks up,it takes time. I have to press hard before it moves. Please what can I do ? No check light on my Dashboard yet.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:12pm On May 08, 2019
RosaBerry:

Been happening for a while now. It highs for 2 mins then when i touch the accelerator, it normalize

You should scan your car. That's too long.

Then again are you using proper oil grade? and when was your last service?.

Also factors.......

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 11:25pm On May 08, 2019
jceesquare:

I'll look into the fuel pump, I noticed the car jerks when I try to accelerate and when I down shift to overtake.

But where do I get quality pumps, I don buy 2 pumps in the space of 6 months.

i think u should just clean d filters and probably ur nuzzles, that will do

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 8:01am On May 09, 2019
kcbaba007:

i think u should just clean d filters and probably ur nuzzles, that will do

Thanks would do that over the weekend.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 7:58pm On May 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Baba and savage replies enhhh grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sacx: 1:27pm On May 10, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Demeanor grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ifebazz(m): 3:27am On May 11, 2019
Chief Gaxuz, all these imported vehicles that use gasoline as fuel, can it be converted to pms engine for local use?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:16am On May 11, 2019
Ifebazz:
Chief Gaxuz, all these imported vehicles that use gasoline as fuel, can it be converted to pms engine for local use?

12 and a dozen sir.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:36am On May 11, 2019
Ibadanchief:
Good Evening all,I have a Kia Rio,2014,this morning,I was trying to park with Reverse,I was suppose to climb just a small hill,which on a normal day,a little touch on the accelerator should push ,but today,I had to go forward like twice,den came back with force. Its embarrassing. I also noticed,while driving, if I should either step on the brake to a stop,before it picks up,it takes time,if I make a turn at a T junction,before it picks up,it takes time. I have to press hard before it moves. Please what can I do ? No check light on my Dashboard yet.

sounds like a blocked catalytic converter. decreased performance, other things can also cause it but should throw up a code!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DrWhizy(m): 7:09am On May 11, 2019
Hello all, I need help as to the most effective method of lifting a vehicle.

My car is quite low and I’ve had to visit the exhaust repair shop regularly.

I’ve been told all sorts from a change of tyre rims to padding the springs with foam and the rest.

I’d really appreciate some help. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32am On May 11, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

sounds like a blocked catalytic converter. decreased performance, other things can also cause it but should throw up a code!

2014 rio is Dana, Dana is unmonitored O2 sensor system
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32am On May 11, 2019
DrWhizy:

I’ve been told all sorts from a change of tyre rims to padding the springs with foam and the rest.

Normal with suzuki vehicles
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:36am On May 11, 2019
Ibadanchief:

complain is very delicate. First of all forget that check engine light in all Dana produced kia/hyundai, it's a bloody scam, better to scan vehicle for errors.

Possible misfire
Possible Variable timing issues
Possible loss of engine compression.

Did car overheat of recent?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DrWhizy(m): 7:46am On May 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Normal with suzuki vehicles

The vehicle in question sire is a pencil light Camry.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:04am On May 11, 2019
DrWhizy:

with your strut and coil spring setup, you can adjust height with stiffer coil springs, you will get extra height at the expense of comfort.

You can also use tyres with larger diameter.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ifebazz(m): 9:01am On May 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

12 and a dozen sir.

I really don't get the idiom sir. In simple terms please. Thanks boss.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:31am On May 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

2014 rio is Dana, Dana is unmonitored O2 sensor system

OK boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 9:41am On May 11, 2019
Ifebazz:

I really don't get the idiom sir. In simple terms please. Thanks boss.

Gasoline is another word for petrol which is another word for premium motor spirit (PMS) which is a form of fuel. so his idom means 12 is same as a dozen

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 10:33am On May 11, 2019
Good day Great Minds please how do I clean scratches ony Car

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sonsynas: 2:37pm On May 11, 2019
Hi everyone.
Just imported Lexus Gs300 2006 from Japan.

Can anyone recommend where one can get it scanned/ maintenance within Lagos.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 3:22pm On May 11, 2019
Sonsynas:
Hi everyone.
Just imported Lexus Gs300 2006 from Japan.

Can anyone recommend where one can get it scanned/ maintenance within Lagos.

Cc Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
Motorguru
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 4:36pm On May 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

intake side, the IMRP harness is disconnected. Never seen IMRP that died, but there's always a first time cheesy
update. Vehicle doesn't have the intake manifold runner valve sensor. Learnt not all Camry have it. I later found out the ECU was changed. Also discovered ECU currently in the vehicle isn't the correct Camry ECU with respect to part number. So I believe the vehicle that originally owned that ECU had IMRP. So the ECU is expecting input which it isn't getting. Hence throwing up the code. Correct ECU has been ordered. Thanks boss.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 4:44pm On May 11, 2019
Ibadanchief:
I think it's the fuel pump

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.