Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919504 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bigsteveg(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Just top it up
Okay boss.
How about servicing?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:15pm On May 02, 2019
Monlo:

Good morning.I use Toyota Camry 2007,I observed that my traficators are no longer working(all 4),I called my repairer to fix it,he said it was the flasher,he changed it,and it was working again.The following day,in the morning I started the car,lol and behold it was not working again even till I got " to and fro " where I went that morning.Later in the afternoon,I started the car again to use,it was working. The following morning,I started the car again it was not working,I had to call my repairer back again,he had to change the flasher again,and it was working.This morning again it did not work while going out,even while returning it did not work.On getting home,with vexation I had to call my repairer to come fix it again,only for him to come,start the car,it started working again.

Intact am getting tired with this ,traficcators problem.I have observed that it doesn't work most often in the morning when I start the car to use,but often in the afternoon,it will work.
Please what could be the cause of this?
Also do you know the price of this " Flasher", new and Belgium?
Cos my repairer says,new one would not work for my car,and he has been using Belgium for my car.

Thanks.

Change the repairer.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Akobi83: 12:15pm On May 02, 2019
Hello, somebody should help me here. what is the price of fx35 engine and transmission in Lagos? I need your help urgently.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 12:38pm On May 02, 2019
Honda Gurus, my EOD was giving AC issues, then changed the condenser and evaporator, cleaned up the system and charged it with gas, when i put in d 1st bottle of gas, the thermostat was cutting as it should do, but when i put in d second bottle, it stopped cutting, i felt i had overcharged it, i reduced it and made sure there is no air in d system, yet, the thermostat refused to cut, i checked d harness, nothing wrong, the ac is chilling fine,

Now, i noticed that the engine has started loosing compression when the ac is on, i would have to switch the account off before it can pickacceleration, if i throttle, it hesitates before picking, it sometimes looks like it's Not changing gear as it should, even to climb hill, e go kind of dey crawl, if i come to a near stop, and throttle to move, it won't respond immediately, i would have to press d throttle liketwice or thrice before it will move, d gear 1 sometimes can't climb a small culvet, pls, what could be happening and what can i do?

Scanned, all i got was ECT P2185 and ABS, this are codes that were there before this issue, i am yet to deal with this codes

cc Gazzuzz
luvinhubby
nurey
adanny01
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ahijo1990(m): 5:10pm On May 02, 2019
Good day my bosses in the lodge,

My EOD is showing this "maintenance required" light on the dashboard.

Just changed engine oil and power steering oil last week.

What could be the cause pls? And possible remedies.

Tuaale bosses

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:15pm On May 02, 2019
Ahijo1990:

Tuaale bosses

watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbW7SWvYoyE

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:17pm On May 02, 2019
kcbaba007:
Honda Gurus, my EOD was giving AC issues, then changed the condenser and evaporator, cleaned up the system and charged it with gas, when i put in d 1st bottle of gas, the thermostat was cutting as it should do, but when i put in d second bottle, it stopped cutting, i felt i had overcharged it, i reduced it and made sure there is no air in d system, yet, the thermostat refused to cut, i checked d harness, nothing wrong, the ac is chilling fine,

Now, i noticed that the engine has started loosing compression when the ac is on, i would have to switch the account off before it can pickacceleration, if i throttle, it hesitates before picking, it sometimes looks like it's Not changing gear as it should, even to climb hill, e go kind of dey crawl, if i come to a near stop, and throttle to move, it won't respond immediately, i would have to press d throttle liketwice or thrice before it will move, d gear 1 sometimes can't climb a small culvet, pls, what could be happening and what can i do?

Scanned, all i got was ECT P2185 and ABS, this are codes that were there before this issue, i am yet to deal with this codes

cc Gazzuzz
luvinhubby
nurey
adanny01

how long have you owned the car? How long have you used the car WITH the a/c working?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaz4sure2015: 8:34pm On May 02, 2019
Dear Gurus In the house

Please can someone help me with the likely solution to the below error codes on my Lexus rx300 2000

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 10:05am On May 03, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

how long have you owned the car? How long have you used the car WITH the a/c working?

over a year, i always use AC

I have taken care of d AC thermostat malfunction, i reduced d gas to the extent where d thermostat started cutting, but, it still vibrates when it's in gear and break is depressed with d AC on, if i put the gear in neutral, it will stop vibrating
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by phemolala07(m): 12:51pm On May 03, 2019
kcbaba007:

over a year, i always use AC

I have taken care of d AC thermostat malfunction, i reduced d gas to the extent where d thermostat started cutting, but, it still vibrates when it's in gear and break is depressed with d AC on, if i put the gear in neutral, it will stop vibrating

Pls wat are the symptoms of AC thermostat malfunction because I think my car is having the issue. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 4:53pm On May 03, 2019
phemolala07:

Pls wat are the symptoms of AC thermostat malfunction because I think my car is having the issue. Thanks

how is ur ac thermostat behaving?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by phemolala07(m): 8:12pm On May 03, 2019
kcbaba007:

how is ur ac thermostat behaving?

Yes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ck100: 12:48am On May 04, 2019
You need a car scanner to check your car Fault codes bro..
I have one that you can connect to your Android phone and read your car statistics and diagnosis from the phone.
Ahijo1990:

Tuaale bosses
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 6:30am On May 04, 2019
Ck100:
You need a car scanner to check your car Fault codes bro..
I have one that you can connect to your Android phone and read your car statistics and diagnosis from the phone.
jeez. Scanner to check for codes for maintenance required light?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 6:32am On May 04, 2019
How do I tackle P2017, Toyota Camry 2008. No drivability issues. Just mild vibration. Every other thing is perfect. Gazzuzz, kingreign, opusdei, timifakay et al. Come o
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:53am On May 04, 2019
chukel:
How do I tackle P2017, Toyota Camry 2008. No drivability issues. Just mild vibration. Every other thing is perfect. Gazzuzz, kingreign, opusdei, timifakay et al. Come o

intake side, the IMRP harness is disconnected. Never seen IMRP that died, but there's always a first time cheesy

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 7:14am On May 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

intake side, the IMRP harness is disconnected. Never seen IMRP that died, but there's always a first time cheesy
I have seen this pic. Looked at it several times, but I don't understand it. Please what does the IMRP look like
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:50pm On May 04, 2019
chukel:
I have seen this pic. Looked at it several times, but I don't understand it. Please what does the IMRP look like

here you go

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 7:17pm On May 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

here you go
Thanks a lot. I guess it's this. Pls where is the harness

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:42pm On May 04, 2019
chukel:
Thanks a lot. I guess it's this. Pls where is the harness

under grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 5:05am On May 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

under grin
ok. Thanks again
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 7:33am On May 05, 2019
Pls I need 3rd row seats for Lexus GX470. Cream/beige color
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 8:51am On May 05, 2019
chukel:

You have the option of getting any available colour & changing the leather
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:07am On May 05, 2019
chukel:

0803 768 9211 as usual apply due diligence.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Debosneh31(m): 3:50pm On May 05, 2019
Please how much can I get a 04 Honda Civic steering pump and shaft
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 7:30pm On May 05, 2019
ik121:
I have a well maintained 04 Highlander at 178k miles, for 3 years nw oil change has bn Mobil1 at 3k miles. Sometimes less. But the thing is i'v never changed the transmission fluid since i bought it toks 3 years ago. My mech checks my fluid regularly nd comfirms all fluid ok. Even the power steering fluid, brake fluid dat came wit d vehicle is wat i'm still using. The engine is 1MZ. Plz anything to worry about? Cos my vehicle has a good maintainance culture far from abuse. Tnx. GAZZUZ, Radautoworks

Are you sure it's 04 Highlander because 1MZ are for 01 to 03 models. I think from the 04 it was 3MZ. I use a 02 myself, but when you say you use Mobil 1 for 3k miles, is that Mobil 1 Synthetic? Or the 20w50s
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 8:10pm On May 05, 2019
eagleeye2:

If I had known what I know now, I would have been using synthetic when I bought the car. But I only got to know about synthetic from Nairaland after I had used it for 4years or more.
My Kazeem said, finding direct Belgium is the problem. That what they have in the market these days are rebuilt engines washed clean and put on sale as tokunbo.
Thanks.

I don't know why people believe only Belgium has quality parts, you may reach Gazzuz to help you secure a good engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 9:20am On May 07, 2019
Ogas in the house I have issues with my car A/C.
It's a Nissan Almera 1998 with the Sr20 engine.
I noticed each time I turn on the A/C, the car would find it difficult to rev hard. The RPM is slightly above 800 with A/C on and does not seem low but when you try to rev the engine it responds slowly as if the engine is under immerse load and accelerate as if it's towing something heavy.
I also noticed the A/C works or cools fine when the car is in motion or when you rev it up, but doesn't really work fine when stationary.
The car has manual transmission and runs perfect without A/C.
Pls I need help as my A/C guy does not know what to do again and is confused.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Debosneh31(m): 5:20pm On May 07, 2019
Debosneh31:
Please how much can I get a 04 Honda Civic steering pump and shaft

Please oooo.. Help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 12:49am On May 08, 2019
jceesquare:
Ogas in the house I have issues with my car A/C.
It's a Nissan Almera 1998 with the Sr20 engine.
I noticed each time I turn on the A/C, the car would find it difficult to rev hard. The RPM is slightly above 800 with A/C on and does not seem low but when you try to rev the engine it responds slowly as if the engine is under immerse load and accelerate as if it's towing something heavy.
I also noticed the A/C works or cools fine when the car is in motion or when you rev it up, but doesn't really work fine when stationary.
The car has manual transmission and runs perfect without A/C.
Pls I need help as my A/C guy does not know what to do again and is confused.

clean ur fuel filters, if very dirty, buy another one, also, check if ur fuel pump is pumping fuel at d required PSI.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by arduino: 7:06am On May 08, 2019
Oga Gazzuzz and other gurus of this thread, a friend of mine who is relocating to Canada is offering me his 2years Abuja driven 2010 Toyota Camry(4cylinders) for 2Million naira only. Do you think this is a good buy and are there any known default/reoccurring faults associated with this model of Camry?
Is this car also easy to maintain? Parts availability nko?
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On May 08, 2019
arduino:
Oga Gazzuzz and other gurus of this thread, a friend of mine who is relocating to Canada is offering me his 2years Abuja driven 2010 Toyota Camry(4cylinders) for 2Million naira only. Do you think this is a good buy and are there any known default/reoccurring faults associated with this model of Camry?
Is this car also easy to maintain? Parts availability nko?
Thanks

very good car, ensure you have it inspected. It has no reoccurring faults I know of.

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.