Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915904 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lavisha(f): 8:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

5quarts engine oil, and 4quarts transmission oil
God bless Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

5quarts engine oil, and 4quarts transmission oil

Can a leaking exhaust pull up code P0420? 06 Camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:34am On Jan 07, 2020
seanfer:

Can a leaking exhaust pull up code P0420? 06 Camry

yep
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 9:04am On Jan 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

yep

Boss, my oil drain plug is leaking oil. Do I change the whole pan or just the drain plug. It’s a Nissan Altima. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19am On Jan 07, 2020
DukeNija:

Boss, my oil drain plug is leaking oil. Do I change the whole pan or just the drain plug. It’s a Nissan Altima. Thanks

If the threading is worn you can replace the pan
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 9:20am On Jan 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 11:07am On Jan 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Filled my Tank up yesterday and i noticed fuel dripping under the car for some time... but it stopped later... I am worried is there any danger in this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
seanfer:

Filled my Tank up yesterday and i noticed fuel dripping under the car for some time... but it stopped later... I am worried is there any danger in this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flammable_liquid

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2020

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2020
seanfer:

I need solution.

Find the source of leak . Then solutions will be provided
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Find the source of leak . Then solutions will be provided

I know Once i get to Mr Chucks all problems will be solved.... He will be my PH Gazzuzz... grin grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by suerex: 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hello Gazzuz, a friend scanned my 2010 Corolla and it came with the code P2770..
Should I be worried..?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
Lavisha:

God bless Gazzuzz

We need a Gazzuzz appreciation thread. Lol. Mans not perfect but he’s so invaluable here.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
suerex:
Hello Gazzuz, a friend scanned my 2010 Corolla and it came with the code P2770..
Should I be worried..?

You should. What is the repair history?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ajbf: 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2020
Gazzuzz and other great gurus, kindly help out.

Honda stream car is having its key light brinking and the car engine is not starting at all.
What can be the causes and the likely solutions to this problem?
Also, like how much will it cost to resolve this problem?
The car is in Ilesa, Osun State where it has been abandoned in one "rewire workshop" since Sunday. The last time I called the guy was yesterday, he told he has not resolved the problem yet.
If you know another competent place within that vicinity where I can take the vehicle to and what it will cost, please kindly help out.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
ajbf:
Gazzuzz and other great gurus, kindly help out.

onda stream car is having its key light brinking and the car engine is not starting at all.
What can be the causes and the likely solutions to this problem?
Also, like how much will it cost to resolve this problem?
The car is in Ilesa, Osun State where it has been abandoned in one "rewire workshop" since Sunday. The last time I called the guy was yesterday, he told he has not resolved the problem yet.
If you know another competent place within that vicinity where I can take the vehicle to and what it will cost, please kindly help out.

proper description of vehicle required.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ajbf: 4:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

proper description of vehicle required.
Honda stream.
The vehicle is now is top shape again.
Imagine the workshop I took the vehicle since Sunday said that they would not be able to scan the vehicle till today because of so many cars that were line up for repair there.
The car was scanned this afternoon and they discovered that the transponder needed to be changed.
The key transponder has been programmed by the machine into the
car and the vehicle is working again
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by suerex: 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

You should. What is the repair history?

Not much not until last two weeks, Had a broken flywheel on my way from work at night.
A mech assisted me to push/park in his workshop.
Next-day he removed the engine and replaced the flywheel.
-Sound of my exhaust has change and the car sometimes stall in movement.
So a friend scanned and got the code from his machine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:25am On Jan 09, 2020
suerex:

Not much not until last two weeks, Had a broken flywheel on my way from work at night.
A mech assisted me to push/park in his workshop.
Next-day he removed the engine and replaced the flywheel.
-Sound of my exhaust has change and the car sometimes stall in movement.
So a friend scanned and got the code from his machine

like when u put it in drive?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by suerex: 11:56am On Jan 09, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

like when u put it in drive?

When I start moving... Sound get louder.
When there is pressure applied to the gas pedal to take off,(like moving after a traffic light stop) it start stuttering.. but when I take it easy on the gas pedal it can gradually accelerated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Skinnienigga(m): 6:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello, I don’t know what if I’m in the right place but I know there are experts here sha.

I’m about to get a 2010 VW Tiguan with the option of getting a 2005 Honda Pilot for the same price and I need advice please. Which one to go for in terms of maintenance and fuel efficiency?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Skinnienigga:
Hello, I don’t know what if I’m in the right place but I know there are experts here sha.

I’m about to get a 2010 VW Tiguan with the option of getting a 2005 Honda Pilot for the same price and I need advice please. Which one to go for in terms of maintenance and fuel efficiency?

Thanks

Cc boss nurey
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
Skinnienigga:

Thanks

The pilot would truly be more reliable than the Tiguan but in terms of fuel efficiency Tiguan gets it, VW parts aren't that expensive for an average earner and they don't break easily also parts are always readily available in their original form.

The major complaint of the Tiguan which is a uplifted Passat B6 is most interior aspect and gadgets failing the 2010 model year incorporated a DSG transmission in US, I would prefer you focus on 08-09 with the 6speed automatic or manual transmission. Stay away from DSG for now.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
suerex:

When I start moving... Sound get louder.
When there is pressure applied to the gas pedal to take off,(like moving after a traffic light stop) it start stuttering.. but when I take it easy on the gas pedal it can gradually accelerated.

Your complains are consistent with transmission slip. Confirm all electrical connections are firm.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayo2008: 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello sir, have issues with my Honda civic automatic 2003 model. I discover that the D light on the dashboard blinks and due to this whenever the car finds it difficult to accelerate on hilly place and taking off when there is need for me to stop seems difficult as u have to accelerate hard.
Wnt to scan the car and the rewire man who is good too said from the readings, the TPS (Throttle position sensor) has gone bad. I just wondered if the reason for the D blinking was due to fault in TPS?
Try reading on TPS online and its faulty symptoms but know saw D blinking as part of the D light blinking as part of the symptoms of faulty TPS . pls need advice
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by datola: 5:37am On Jan 10, 2020
Hello sir,

My 09 Sienna is giving me errors P0018 and P0021. This happened after the mechanic worked on the timing chain after he said it jumped.

The car RPM is above 1 and is not working smoothly unlike before.

Please what do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 8:17am On Jan 10, 2020
ayo2008:
Hello sir, have issues with my Honda civic automatic 2003 model. I discover that the D light on the dashboard blinks and due to this whenever the car finds it difficult to accelerate on hilly place and taking off when there is need for me to stop seems difficult as u have to accelerate hard.
Wnt to scan the car and the rewire man who is good too said from the readings, the TPS (Throttle position sensor) has gone bad. I just wondered if the reason for the D blinking was due to fault in TPS?
Try reading on TPS online and its faulty symptoms but know saw D blinking as part of the D light blinking as part of the symptoms of faulty TPS . pls need advice

Scan the vehicle first, then with the error code you can know whether to drain and refill ATF or change gear switch sensor which the automatic of this said car is known to fail or what next. Don't meddle with TPS for now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 8:23am On Jan 10, 2020
datola:
Hello sir,

My 09 Sienna is giving me errors P0018 and P0021. This happened after the mechanic worked on the timing chain after he said it jumped.

The car RPM is above 1 and is not working smoothly unlike before.

Please what do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks.

P0018 camshaft and crankshaft position sensor faulty. Let him recheck the timing and confirm the CKP and CMP weren't damaged or wrongly installed

the second has to do with ECM actuator control for the OCV.

The bone of contention is if those codes were absent before the job then, it's possible somethings were not fit right
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tainot2002(m): 11:22am On Jan 10, 2020
Hello Gazzuzz and other gurus ,

I scanned my car .This is the code it displayed.

P0773

What could be the solution to the fault code

Toyota Camry 2001

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by datola: 11:39am On Jan 10, 2020
nurey:

P0018 camshaft and crankshaft position sensor faulty. Let him recheck the timing and confirm the CKP and CMP weren't damaged or wrongly installed

the second has to do with ECM actuator control for the OCV.

The bone of contention is if those codes were absent before the job then, it's possible somethings were not fit right

Yes, the codes were not there before the fix.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 11:47am On Jan 10, 2020
datola:

Yes, the codes were not there before the fix.

Let him cross check the job he did also did you scan car before he worked on it?

What caused the issue of technician working in the Engine in the first place cause I don't believe the codes weren't there in the first place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.