Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911653 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by datola: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
nurey:

Let him cross check the job he did also did you scan car before he worked on it?

What caused the issue of technician working in the Engine in the first place cause I don't believe the codes weren't there in the first place.

The car only had a code of misfire before the work but was working so smoothly. He was checking if we needed to change plugs when he raise the car on idle and it went off, not starting again with sign of timing change jumped. At that time, I did not scan again. So he just parked the car, started working on the timing chain, etc the next day.

Thanks!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lavisha(f): 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

yep
Good pm, Oga Gazz.
Yesterday, I drove my Honda Accord 07(4plugs) from Lagos to Abuja and the ride wasn't so smooth.
From Lagos everything was perfect until I get to Osun, I discovered the car wasn't accelerating as normal i.e it's taking time before it select gears and as things get worse, small noticeable sound like blop-blop was coming from the engine chamber so I stopped and get a road mechanic to check, to my surprise: the mech guy told me to change the gear, I just told him thanks and zoomed off!
I discoverd each time the problem above problem starts, I just park; switch off the ignition and switch on again and lo, everything will be perfect for another 70km before I repeat and that was how I get to Abuja.
I called my mech back in Lagos, he said I should change the transmission oil and everything will be fine.
Prior to the journey, the Lagos mech serviced the car and told me to change the transaction oil, also change the plugs at next service but I didn't change the oil due to his antics of ripping me off.
My bad tho, now in the city, the car seem to be normal again but I know inside of me- it's not 100% okay.
What could be the problem pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nonhuman(m): 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
Lavisha:

Good pm, Oga Gazz.
Yesterday, I drove my Honda Accord 07(4plugs) from Lagos to Abuja and the ride wasn't so smooth.
From Lagos everything was perfect until I get to Osun, I discovered the car wasn't accelerating as normal i.e it's taking time before it select gears and as things get worse, small noticeable sound like blop-blop was coming from the engine chamber so I stopped and get a road mechanic to check, to my surprise: the mech guy told me to change the gear, I just told him thanks and zoomed off!
I discoverd each time the problem above problem starts, I just park; switch off the ignition and switch on again and lo, everything will be perfect for another 70km before I repeat and that was how I get to Abuja.
I called my mech back in Lagos, he said I should change the transmission oil and everything will be fine.
Prior to the journey, the Lagos mech serviced the car and told me to change the transaction oil, also change the plugs at next service but I didn't change the oil due to his antics of ripping me off.
My bad tho, now in the city, the car seem to be normal again but I know inside of me- it's not 100% okay.
it happens to me and I just changed transmission oil to hot gauge car become normal again
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lifeoflolade: 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
Hi guys, I need a good and reliable mechanic in Ibadan to repair a Toyota avensis 1999.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
Lavisha:

Good pm, Oga Gazz.

Did it throw a CEL the first time it happened?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lavisha(f): 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
rationalmind:

Did it throw a CEL the first time it happened?
Pls make is simpler, I dunno what a CEL is.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ablesolomo: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2020
ablesolomo:
Please gurus in the house, my ABS light just comes up and remain ON yesterday when i was driving. Please what can I do to correct it. The vehicle is Nissan Almera Tino
GAZZUZZ
Nurey
Etc
Your help is need

Please can "Autel Maxiscan 509 Car Diagnostic Tool" identify and solve my problem. Planing to buy it. Please help

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tainot2002(m): 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
tainot2002:
Hello Gazzuzz and other gurus ,

I scanned my car .This is the code it displayed.

P0773

What could be the solution to the fault code

Toyota Camry 2001

Thanks

GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
ablesolomo:

Please can "Autel Maxiscan 509 Car Diagnostic Tool" identify and solve my problem. Planing to buy it. Please help

Scanning to retrieve information is one thing

Using the information for prognosis and diagnosis is another then

Actually fixing the problem is another.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ablesolomo: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
nurey:

Scanning to retrieve information is one thing

Using the information for prognosis and diagnosis is another then

Actually fixing the problem is another.

But can this Autel Maxiscan 509 scan ABS issues?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
ablesolomo:

I can't say never used it before. from what I gathered the 609 can scan ABS codes probably for a TINO it should be able to pick ABS codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
Lavisha:

Pls make is simpler, I dunno what a CEL is.

Check engine light
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
ablesolomo:

It will not scan abs

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrford(m): 5:06am On Jan 11, 2020
ablesolomo:

Check the discription. It's likely not going to.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lavisha(f): 6:35am On Jan 11, 2020
rationalmind:

Check engine light
Oh I see, the CEL is always on.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lavisha(f): 6:36am On Jan 11, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

It will not scan abs
Oga pls reply my previous post.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20am On Jan 11, 2020
Lavisha:

Good pm, Oga Gazz.

replace complete fuel assy. Fuel pump
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ablesolomo: 10:24am On Jan 11, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

It will not scan abs

Which model of scan can i go for? Full name with model number is necessary. Please help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lavisha(f): 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

replace complete fuel assy. Fuel pump
Thanks for your response sir.
I just left the workshop now, after test driving, the mech check the fluids and said transmission was too much.
So, he reduced it and flush the nozzles then we went for a drive again and everything seem normal again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lavisha:

Thanks for your response sir.
I just left the workshop now, after test driving, the mech check the fluids and said transmission was too much.
So, he reduced it and flush the nozzles then we went for a drive again and everything seem normal again.

did you drive 70km steady? If no work done was academic exercise. Dirty injectors will not slow you down after long distance driving neither will excessive transmission oil. Work done =0
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lavisha(f): 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

did you drive 70km steady? If no work done was academic exercise. Dirty injectors will not slow you down after long distance driving neither will excessive transmission oil. Work done =0
He drove for 10km only.
I thot as much too cos the problem started after Ibadan and that about after 120km away from Lagos
I will take it back later in the day to change the fuel assy.
like how much will it cost sir?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ifebazz(m): 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
Dear OP, please how safe is it to wash my engine, that is steam wash? Plus what precautions should I observe when doing it first time for tokunbo cars?
Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 1:17am On Jan 12, 2020
Ifebazz:
Dear OP, please how safe is it to wash my engine, that is steam wash? Plus what precautions should I observe when doing it first time for tokunbo cars?
Thank you.
If done by an amature, ur likely to land into lots of electrical problems. Just ensure all electrical related components are properly covered. As for me, I use rag and Soapy warm water;I cannot shout grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAmaechi(m): 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
Where do I do a scan in nnewi. I have a malfunction check light since Tuesday last week
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
MrAmaechi:
Where do I do a scan in nnewi. I have a malfunction check light since Tuesday last week

+2348039522424

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rbox(m): 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
My Honda Acccord. EOD 05. Bolt joint pull without any noticed or sound. Pls how much does it cost to get bolt joint and how much is the workmanship for the mechanic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by micos: 10:29am On Jan 13, 2020
Please how can I check transmission fluid on Toyota 2004
? is it when hot or cool.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Phylergy(m): 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
Good day Auto Gurus in the house. Pls I scanned my Camry 2003 and got the errors in the image, please can I get a breakdown of what and what to fix (in layman's language cos I'm less than a year first time car owner), or do you think my regular car mechanic should understand and know what to do??

cc GAZZUZZ, Nurey etc..

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
Phylergy:
Good day Auto Gurus in the house. Pls I scanned my Camry 2003 and got the errors in the image, please can I get a breakdown of what and what to fix (in layman's language cos I'm less than a year first time car owner), or do you think my regular car mechanic should understand and know what to do??

c..

P1135 Air/Fuel Sensor Heater Circuit Response (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

p1656

Faulty Oil Control Valve (OCV)
Oil Control Valve (OCV) harness is open or shorted
Oil Control Valve (OCV) circuit poor electrical connection
Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

The missfire codes, you can start from the plugs and then check the coil wires
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:56pm On Jan 13, 2020
micos:
Please how can I check transmission fluid on Toyota 2004
? is it when hot or cool.

with engine running there is hot and cold marks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
Hi. Pls anyone, whats the price for hyundai elantra AC COMPRESSOR. I want to know and compare. Tnks

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: goodnewscliff(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.