Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911487 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by White04: 11:34am On Jan 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Lexus Es330 Uses a 3mz engine which requires 4.7liters of 5w30 engine oil.

Please buy a good brand and the recommended weight.

OK bro. Please should I leak the oil now and replace it with the recommended? Or wait till it's due for servicing and do it once.

Also GAZZUZZ, please recommend a good brand of 5w30 engine oil. Pardon my many questions, it's my first car and I have little to no experience.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:43am On Jan 17, 2020
White04:

OK bro. Please should I leak the oil now and replace it with the recommended? Or wait till it's due for servicing and do it once.

Also GAZZUZZ, please recommend a good brand of 5w30 engine oil. Pardon my many questions, it's my first car and I have little to no experience.

Thanks.

Throw the oil out as soon as possible. I recommend mobil1 5w30. If you click my signature i can point you in the direction where you can find it.

https://www.nairaland.com/5497866/how-insert-signature-profile
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by White04: 11:51am On Jan 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Throw the oil out as soon as possible. I recommend mobil1 5w30. If you click my signature i can point you in the direction where you can find it.

Thanks a lot bro, I will do as advised.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by henryutd(m): 11:52am On Jan 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

you will a workshop, as the you wi not have answers to the next set of questions.

Okay. Till I get there.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3Tsss: 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Anti lock braking system .

For a car that old, you have a long road to recovery.

What do you advice sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
3Tsss:

What do you advice sir

scan abs, let us see the number of errors
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

You bought a problem. No one in their right minds should buy a 2003-2007 accord V6.

You might be lucky to get off with an improperly connected counter shaft speed sensor harness.

GAZZUZZ:

Short true story.

I had a client who bought a V6 accord toks, the car came with a bad transmission, so we replaced it with a toks, 6months later it started misbehaving, this time around when i went to buy a replacement part , i found a transmission that had been rebuilt recently in the USA (less than 6months with the tag still ok the converter)

I paid for it. Client sold the car because of fear, but 3years later that car is still running perfectly with new owner.

The life span of the V6 transmission is about 180,000miles and after that it will need a rebuild or replacement.

cool

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 9:03am On Jan 18, 2020
Anyone with ideas on current tire price for Maxxis in port harcourt for a rim 15 and a good place to do alignment and wheel balancing. I saw about two workshop on stadium road but not sure about their service quality
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Yohh: 9:22am On Jan 18, 2020
I'd like to know, will the VAT increase to 7.5% affect custom and clearance duty of vehicles?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tainot2002(m): 10:15am On Jan 18, 2020
I scanned my car .This is the code it displayed.

P0773

What could be the solution to the fault code

Toyota Camry 2001

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwealth(m): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2020
Pls help me out
My 2004 Toyota Avensis gear selection is giving me problem.
When I take off & the gear start selection at the point the gear suppose shift to 3 it will return to 1, until I stopped & return the gear to park, off the engine and start again luckily sometime it will select fine y another same problem occurs.
My gear rewire advice my to change the gear which I did. After 2weeks, the Tokunbo gear I just bought as started doing like the previous gear.
Pls what can I do to solve this problem?
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nanagom: 9:52am On Jan 19, 2020
Lokiguardup:
Please house I drive a Honda Accord EOD don’t know the year I just bought the car recently,hope I did not make a mistake it is a v6 and it was all good until recently when I notice it started jerking when the engine is too hot and the D light on gear keeps blinking so I went to scan the car and got this codes

Po723-output shaft (counter shaft)speed sensor intermittent

83-01 ECM/PCM relation failure

86-01Can relation failure

112-01 internal power source failure

Please help I beg you o

Fixed the blinking D light yet?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:40am On Jan 19, 2020
oluwealth:
Pls help me out
My 2004 Toyota Avensis gear selection is giving me problem.
When I take off & the gear start selection at the point the gear suppose shift to 3 it will return to 1, until I stopped & return the gear to park, off the engine and start again luckily sometime it will select fine y another same problem occurs.
My gear rewire advice my to change the gear which I did. After 2weeks, the Tokunbo gear I just bought as started doing like the previous gear.
Pls what can I do to solve this problem?
Thanks

Replace engine ecu
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Solotobee: 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
Please come to my aid. I just fixed my Toyota Camry 03 big daddy steering cover and afterwards I tried to start the car but no response. Same key was used just 5mins prior n afterwards no response. Confused and don't know why. Please response and don't ignore
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:48am On Jan 20, 2020
Solotobee:
Please come to my aid. I just fixed my Toyota Camry 03 big daddy steering cover and afterwards I tried to start the car but no response. Same key was used just 5mins prior n afterwards no response. Confused and don't know why. Please response and don't ignore

ordinarily, there is no relationship between the 2. But if u insist, work back word and take down the steering cover again, you will see what you did wrong
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwealth(m): 5:57am On Jan 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine ecu

Thanks so much
Pls can you recommend a seller for me in Lagos or Ibadan
Thanks once again
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cjeriia: 8:18am On Jan 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.

Gazzuzz I need help. I drive a Honda Accord 2007. Recently removed the dextron IIID gear oil inside the car and replaced it with HONDA ATF DW-1. With the dextron, the car was running and selecting fine. Drove it for a lil more than a year. The day I changed to Honda ATF, car started groaning. Transmission after running for like 10mins starts to hesitate in movement. At a point in time, car will refuse to even shift. Initially I saw smoke emanate from the wheel side while perceiving a burning odor. Left the engine to cool and it ran normal. I went home with the car. This morning, it repeated the same thing. I opened the hood, checked the gear oil guage and saw it didn't reach d guage limit. Engine compartment was smelling slightly as if something for fried. I wanna know if my gear box is fried and what next to do. Abeg I need help urgently as I had to leave the car on d roadside
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 8:59am On Jan 20, 2020
Hmmmm car issues undecided God help car owners, it is well
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00am On Jan 20, 2020
cjeriia:

Gazzuzz I need help. I drive a Honda Accord 2007. Recently removed the dextron IIID gear oil inside the car and replaced it with HONDA ATF DW-1. With the dextron, the car was running and selecting fine. Drove it for a lil more than a year. The day I changed to Honda ATF, car started groaning. Transmission after running for like 10mins starts to hesitate in movement. At a point in time, car will refuse to even shift. Initially I saw smoke emanate from the wheel side while perceiving a burning odor. Left the engine to cool and it ran normal. I went home with the car. This morning, it repeated the same thing. I opened the hood, checked the gear oil guage and saw it didn't reach d guage limit. Engine compartment was smelling slightly as if something for fried. I wanna know if my gear box is fried and what next to do. Abeg I need help urgently as I had to leave the car on d roadside

you have a leak or over filled transmission oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00am On Jan 20, 2020
oluwealth:

Thanks so much
Pls can you recommend a seller for me in Lagos or Ibadan
Thanks once again

click signature

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cjeriia: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

you have a leak or over filled transmission oil.
I checked the oil while the engine was running this morning and it was below the hot tag of the dipstick
Pls just tell me my transmission is not yet fried. I am so so scared of transmission issues
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:17am On Jan 20, 2020
cjeriia:

not sure any more
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cjeriia: 9:27am On Jan 20, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

not sure any more

Oh my
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2020
Good afternoon Gazzuzz

I recently got a Honda City 200. I noticed the oil has dropped a little.. What could be the cause??

Can you recommend the ideal battery size for the car and oil for servicing?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MRBODMAS(m): 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hello GAZZUZZ,

Please can I use this oil for Toyota Camry (Muscle)? GULF 15w-40 5litres.
What litres of oil can I use for service if i'm changing/not changing the filter?
Can you recommend up to 3 alternative engine oil I can use?

Thank you.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shina101(m): 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hello @GAZZUZZ, my corolla car with auto transmission makes a KA sound when in motion during automatic gear shift. what could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
MRBODMAS:
Hello GAZZUZZ,

Please can I use this oil for Toyota Camry (Muscle)? GULF 15w-40 5litres.
What litres of oil can I use for service if i'm changing/not changing the filter?
Can you recommend up to 3 alternative engine oil I can use?

Thank you.

click my signature
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
shina101:
Hello @GAZZUZZ, my corolla car with auto transmission makes a KA sound when in motion during automatic gear shift. what could be the problem?

inner side CV joints . Or engine mounts or both
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Range63: 6:19pm On Jan 20, 2020
You probably locked the steering, put key in ignition and try to turn the steering left and right till it unlocks

Solotobee:
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cumlord(m): 11:12am On Jan 21, 2020
Good day everyone. Please I recently bought a Honda accord 95. I want to change the ATF fluid but don't know which to use. The former owner and mechanic advised that I can use abro Dextron ATF but I'm a bit scared. Please would appreciate your help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by makarios911: 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
Good afternoon Gazzuzz.
My car (Ford Edge 2007 SEL) won’t start on first try. It will only start after 3 or 4 tries. I noticed this about a year ago when I had my fuel pump changed. You advised to get another fuel pump sometime ago but I’ve been unable to get the exact pump (casing and all) as the “follow come”. 2days ago while trying to replace it with a new pump I ordered, my mechanic stumbled into a “solution” for this chronic protracted problem. Note that we couldn’t even use the new pump cos it wasn’t exactly the same as the one for my ford too. Anyway he removed a certain component from the pump and viola car now starts on first crank. The supposed “faulty” pump now works perfectly. My worry is that, the said component removed wasn’t replaced, I’m wondering what the short/long term effects are on my engine. My mechanic swears on his father’s life that the absence of said component isn’t deleterious to the car. However I don’t believe him becos he doesn’t even know the name of the component let alone it’s use. I’ll upload a pic here. Pls I need to know if I should leave it the way it is or get another pump again(it’s being an uphill task getting the exact one I need tho, so I’m tempted to just leave it now that the car starts on first try for the first time in a lonnnnnggg time). Pls what’s the name of this part?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
makarios911:
Good afternoon Gazzuzz.
My car (Ford Edge 2007 SEL) won’t start on first try. It will only start after 3 or 4 tries. I noticed this about a year ago when I had my fuel pump changed. You advised to get another fuel pump sometime ago but I’ve been unable to get the exact pump (casing and all) as the “follow come”. 2days ago while trying to replace it with a new pump I ordered, my mechanic stumbled into a “solution” for this chronic protracted problem. Note that we couldn’t even use the new pump cos it wasn’t exactly the same as the one for my ford too. Anyway he removed a certain component from the pump and viola car now starts on first crank. The supposed “faulty” pump now works perfectly. My worry is that, the said component removed wasn’t replaced, I’m wondering what the short/long term effects are on my engine. My mechanic swears on his father’s life that the absence of said component isn’t deleterious to the car. However I don’t believe him becos he doesn’t even know the name of the component let alone it’s use. I’ll upload a pic here. Pls I need to know if I should leave it the way it is or get another pump again(it’s being an uphill task getting the exact one I need tho, so I’m tempted to just leave it now that the car starts on first try for the first time in a lonnnnnggg time). Pls what’s the name of this part?

Pressure regulator. I am certain it has been blocked because car should not start without it.

Contact radautoworks for a complete unit

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.