Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914327 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 12:16am On Aug 15, 2020
mimicue:

Sorry I mean turned on ignition and not running the engine
Its normal then for those dash indicators to display...ur car is pretty normal no cause for alarm.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Jaguarspaw: 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
Good day house

Whenever I start my car and shift my gear to drive, I do experience delayed gear shifting, especially the low gears. Engine keeps revving but the car does not accelerate appropriately.

Please what could be the cause.
Camry 2001, auto.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by odewole16: 7:12am On Aug 16, 2020
Goodmorning, pls what’s the best oil to use and service Honda Civic 08.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 12:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hello, plz i need advice on honda civic from model 03 to 08 model. which one is good to buy .
his d car rugged,
fuel economy
his d part cheap.
also, d ground clearance, how can someone cope with .

Can d car be use for Uber /Bolt.
His d car rugged for ehailing.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
Don't know the fluid specs for your car? Use our online tool and don't let a kazeem tell you otherwise again.

Visit weblink.carquest.com/

username cust498
password Password1

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by martyns200(m): 7:48am On Aug 17, 2020
Good morning, I jus changed my radiator from single to a new double cell due to leakage from the single cell radiator.
Thermostat is still intact and single fan inclusive(not connected directly) After driving the car on Saturday, Sunday morning I checked the water level in the radiator and saw the water is low, so I opened the coolant plastic and saw that the water there has overfilled more than the FULL level its meant to attain, which means that the excess of the water in the coolant plastic is meant to go back into the radiator when engine is cool and it didn't. Does that mean the car would likely overheat. Would love to hear your advise pls....When I called the mech, he said I would need to remove thermostat and connect far directly which am against.The car is a year old and it's a corolla 05 model..would love your inputs so as to take necessary precaution against the unforseen.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 8:51am On Aug 17, 2020
fizcoo20:
Hello, plz i need advice on honda civic from model 03 to 08 model. which one is good to buy .
his d car rugged,
fuel economy
his d part cheap.
also, d ground clearance, how can someone cope with .

Can d car be use for Uber /Bolt.
His d car rugged for ehailing.

Thanks in anticipation.

Start from 06 to 08

No significance difference from 06 to 08 tho.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2020
Besto:

Start from 06 to 08

No significance difference from 06 to 08 tho.

kk. thanks . what of d ground clearance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
fizcoo20:

kk. thanks . what of d ground clearance.

Never seen any stock civic with good ground clearance.
If you aiming ground clearance jejely shop for crv.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Roofingpro(m): 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
Cool
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by David50: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
martyns200:
Good morning, I jus changed my radiator from single to a new double cell due to leakage from the single cell radiator.
Thermostat is still intact and single fan inclusive(not connected directly) After driving the car on Saturday, Sunday morning I checked the water level in the radiator and saw the water is low, so I opened the coolant plastic and saw that the water there has overfilled more than the FULL level its meant to attain, which means that the excess of the water in the coolant plastic is meant to go back into the radiator when engine is cool and it didn't. Does that mean the car would likely overheat. Would love to hear your advise pls....When I called the mech, he said I would need to remove thermostat and connect far directly which am against.The car is a year old and it's a corolla 05 model..would love your inputs so as to take necessary precaution against the unforseen.

It's very likely your radiator cap.
Just change it.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slowshow: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hello house,
pls advise on these two vehicles 2010 Acura mdx vs 2012 Toyota venza. Both are direct belgium.

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
slowshow:
Hello house,
pls advise on these two vehicles 2010 Acura mdx vs 2012 Toyota venza. Both are direct belgium.

Thanks.
venza
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
martyns200:

Change your radiator cap
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 12:52am On Aug 18, 2020
How much can one get a good Golf 3 or 4 Car need for a second vehicle?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nonhuman(m): 2:24am On Aug 18, 2020
My Honda civic just throw a check engine light and it was scanned and the scanner said knock sensor malfuntiond what should I do, is it something to worry about
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by martyns200(m): 5:11am On Aug 18, 2020
seanfer:

Change your radiator cap

Pls how can I reach u out of here, wanna put a call through
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 7:04am On Aug 18, 2020
martyns200:

Pls how can I reach u out of here, wanna put a call through

If you’re in PH contact Mrford. If you’re in Lagos search for Gazzuzz logistics they will help you get it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by themonk(m): 9:11am On Aug 18, 2020
Please where can I find the engine number of 2011 Toyota Camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nonhuman(m): 9:13am On Aug 18, 2020
2007 Honda civic just throw a check engine light and it was scanned and the scanner said knock sensor malfuntiond what should I do, is it something to worry about
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
nonhuman:
2007 Honda civic just throw a check engine light and it was scanned and the scanner said knock sensor malfuntiond what should I do, is it something to worry about

Replace the knock sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
Gazzuzz and other heroes in this forum.... I greet o.

I need you guy's opinion on this issue.
2001 QX4
3.5L VQ35

Fuel consumption increased significantly since last week. Black exhaust smoke at start up (both warm and cold start).
car idles erratically but drives perfectly in motion.
This minute it's normal, the next second, the RPM will drop as low as 300 and goes back to 750 after like 3-5 seconds and the cycle continues.
Car drives very fine but idles poorly and erratically (up and down) especially in traffic.
Spark plug inspection showed black smoke on plug 1.
Car was scanned. I didn't quite note down the DTC but the interpretation is Oxygen sensor Sensor 2 bank 1.

Live data brought up the following (pic attached)
Auto elect said I should come for change of oxygen sensor tomorrow.
I will appreciate your inputs before I go ahead and spend

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
Gallass:
Gazzuzz and other heroes in this forum.... I greet o.

I need you guy's opinion on this issue.
2001 QX4
3.5L VQ35

Fuel consumption increased significantly since last week. Black exhaust smoke at start up (both warm and cold start).
car idles erratically but drives perfectly in motion.
This minute it's normal, the next second, the RPM will drop as low as 300 and goes back to 750 after like 3-5 seconds and the cycle continues.
Car drives very fine but idles poorly and erratically (up and down) especially in traffic.
Spark plug inspection showed black smoke on plug 1.
Car was scanned. I didn't quite note down the DTC but the interpretation is Oxygen sensor Sensor 2 bank 1.

Live data brought up the following (pic attached)
Auto elect said I should come for change of oxygen sensor tomorrow.
I will appreciate your inputs before I go ahead and spend

More information required.

Repair history also required. What did you fix last?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
themonk:
Please where can I find the engine number of 2011 Toyota Camry

2engines.

One is very clear I4 (2ar)

The other is hiding V6 (2GR)

Which one
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by themonk(m): 6:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

2engines.

One is very clear I4 (2ar)

The other is hiding V6 (2GR)

Which one
Thanks, it’s the V4, I was able to see pictures online and find it. Thank you very much.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

More information required.
Repair history also required. What did you fix last?
I changed my throttle body last week due to the same issue. Idle RPM was unstable that necessitated the changed. Prior to the throttle body change, MPG was okay. No black smoke.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
Gallass:

I changed my throttle body last week due to the same issue.
Idle RPM was unstable that necessitated the changed.
Prior to the throttle body change, MPG was okay. No black smoke.

Any work done prior to this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Any work done prior to this?
Absolutely none.
MAF was changed last year.
It has been okay all these while.
Just started erratic idle in January. Have changed throttle body thrice... all to no avail.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
Gallass:

Absolutely none.
MAF was changed last year.
It has been okay all these while.
Just started erratic idle in January. Have changed throttle body thrice... all to no avail.

Possible vacuum leak. Start from scratch, check intake, injector seals and every channel that uses the vacuum lines.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Possible vacuum leak. Start from scratch, check intake, injector seals and every channel that uses the vacuum lines.

okay.
My evaporative cannister box at the rear quarter panel is broken though. I do not know (I don't think anyway) if it can be a possible cause because it was broken when it was shipped from the US and it ran fine then
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
Gallass:

okay.
My evaporative cannister box at the rear quarter panel is broken though. I do not know (I don't think anyway) if it can be a possible cause because it was broken when it was shipped from the US and it ran fine then

it will only be a problem if your evap purge valve is stuck open.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
nymphomaniac:
venza

I go comot ya teeth just now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.