Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922153 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by azat: 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
azat:
Boss, see the number on it, written as

DU1
DENSO
192400-1000
12T1741

around it again, another number "100" was written.

Abeg help me o
Oga I still dey wait o. Any hope for me?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by croxx86: 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2015
Good day Mr Gazzuzz!!! My toyota camry 07 steering vibrates when i accelerate up to 100kmh - 120kmh. Please what could be the cause
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by colossus2: 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
croxx86:
Good day Mr Gazzuzz!!! My toyota camry 07 steering vibrates when i accelerate up to 100kmh - 120kmh. Please what could be the cause
Go for wheel balancing.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
colossus2:

Go for wheel balancing.
croxx86:

Solved
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by azat: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Solved
I asked of help regarding airfuel ratio sensor for an 99 accord, ULev, 4 plugs. U asked me to check d part number n send, I did. U said let you check. I have beeen asking you for any update, but you have ignored me instead. Did I offend, boss?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
azat:
I asked of help regarding airfuel ratio sensor for an 99 accord, ULev, 4 plugs. U asked me to check d part number n send, I did. U said let you check. I have beeen asking you for any update, but you have ignored me instead. Did I offend, boss?

Toks not possible, you will have to get it online. Try amazon.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by azat: 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Toks not possible, you will have to get it online. Try amazon.
thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dinyelutochukwu: 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
Boss Gazzuzz, Compliments of the day.
I noticed that my 2009 toyota corolla (auto transmission)gear jerks when it gets btw 30-40km/hr,
then revs itself and jerks when it gets to 60km/hr.
I've serviced the gearbox using the recommended toyota WS transmission oil, but the situation continued.
I went ahead to scan the car, and the error codes were interpreted to be cylinder misfires which i have solved by changing the plugs and servicing the injectors, but the problem still persists.

Kindly aid me on what next to do.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
dinyelutochukwu:
Boss Gazzuzz, Compliments of the day.
I noticed that my 2009 toyota corolla (auto transmission)gear jerks when it gets btw 30-40km/hr,
then revs itself and jerks when it gets to 60km/hr.
I've serviced the gearbox using the recommended toyota WS transmission oil, but the situation continued.
I went ahead to scan the car, and the error codes were interpreted to be cylinder misfires which i have solved by changing the plugs and servicing the injectors, but the problem still persists.

Kindly aid me on what next to do.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Sorry not much I can do, physical inspection required

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fernado56: 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
Good evening , Please @ Gazzuzz, I want you to please advise me , I have a 2008 honda accord 2.4 ,4 plug , being using over 1 year and half , the engine seized when driving , and i was advised to replace crankshaft , after replacing crankshaft , the car started but was giving a very bad sound , i had to buy new oil pum , the car worked for 3 days and that sound came back, it was aloud grinding sound , The mech now advised me to buy half engine or borale , that the top engine is still good , please what can you advise , and whats the cost of complete engine and half engine?/ because i am not really buoyant with the price quote have gotten in ibadan today
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:39am On Nov 10, 2015
fernado56:
Good evening , Please @ Gazzuzz, I want you to please advise me , I have a 2008 honda accord 2.4 ,4 plug , being using over 1 year and half , the engine seized when driving , and i was advised to replace crankshaft , after replacing crankshaft , the car started but was giving a very bad sound , i had to buy new oil pum , the car worked for 3 days and that sound came back, it was aloud grinding sound , The mech now advised me to buy half engine or borale , that the top engine is still good , please what can you advise , and whats the cost of complete engine and half engine?/ because i am not really buoyant with the price quote have gotten in ibadan today

Don't buy half, buy the top and bottom (head cylinder and block) if you can't afford it, kindly park the car. There are a lot of engine tales on car talk about engine failures as a result of trying to be economical, but at the end they still go and get the whole engine again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fernado56: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Don't buy half, buy the top and bottom (head cylinder and block) if you can't afford it, kindly park the car. There are a lot of engine tales on car talk about engine failures as a result of trying to be economical, but at the end they still go and get the whole engine again.

Thanks at gazzuzz can you give a close budget for top and bottom? and is it the same with whole engine??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
fernado56:

Thanks at gazzuzz can you give a close budget for top and bottom? and is it the same with whole engine??

From my checks, no one will want to sell a top and bottom for that particular engine Unless he's selling at the price of the engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by igbsam(m): 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
Oga Gazzuzz, do u do body work and painting ? What's d cost ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
igbsam:
Oga Gazzuzz, do u do body work and painting ? What's d cost ?

Yess call 08023251039
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dinyelutochukwu: 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Sorry not much I can do, physical inspection required

Thank you for your kind and sincere response.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by alexhak75: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
I have a problem with my RAV 4 2007 model, automatic steering. Just in morning when I started up, I noticed unusual lights on in the car dashboard. I went to see my tech to scan the problem with his MaxiCheck.
Results are below in the image attached. Can you help on this? Because the tech said he cannot do anything.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
alexhak75:
I have a problem with my RAV 4 2007 model, automatic steering. Just in morning when I started up, I noticed unusual lights on in the car dashboard. I went to see my tech to scan the problem with his MaxiCheck.
Results are below in the image attached. Can you help on this? Because the tech said he cannot do anything.

I use a crappy phone and cannot see the displayed result, please copy and paste here.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by croxx86: 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
Good day Mr Gazzuzz! Please I need your advice....My car a toyota spider had been having suspension issues. The driving isn't smooth as I always hear a sound especially when on rough roads and I feel every little bump on the road. I have replaced my shocks and stabilizer linkages but it still persists.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
croxx86:
Good day Mr Gazzuzz! Please I need your advice....My car a toyota spider had been having suspension issues. The driving isn't smooth as I always hear a sound especially when on rough roads and I feel every little bump on the road. I have replaced my shocks and stabilizer linkages but it still persists.

I know toyota but what is toyota spider? grin

Check tyre pressures and reduce to 32psi max, check the brakepad clips, and the shockabsorber again. Also check sway bar bushings.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TwoEyedMan: 11:30am On Nov 27, 2015
Hello Gazzuz. You're an example to us all. Integrity and demonstrable experience are key. Thank you.

Now, let's say I'm inexperienced with the nitty-gritty of cars. But I drive this 2001 Highlander that stalls on idle and surges sometimes when moving from idle. It was serviced recently. The alternator died on me but it's back alive now - something with the serpentine belt and another repair my brother supervised because I had travelled.

I tend to be penny wise and pound foolish. I'm usually a bottom-half-of-the-fuel-gauge fuel user, which I suppose can breed fuel pump issues.

Last time I drove it, the engine actually went off a few times after I started and was reversing. Overcame this by going HAM on the accelerator. And when I ran into traffic later, it rough-idled if I didn't put it in drive or park. I have a mechanic (calls himself an engineer and all that, but forgive my skepticism; a multimeter sounded alien to him) who's been good to me but whose wits I can't 100% guarantee.

In short, what do you advise sir? I'd really appreciate your intervention.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by colossus2: 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2015
TwoEyedMan:
Hello Gazzuz. You're an example to us all. Integrity and demonstrable experience are key. Thank you.

Now, let's say I'm inexperienced with the nitty-gritty of cars. But I drive this 2001 Highlander that stalls on idle and surges sometimes when moving from idle. It was serviced recently. The alternator died on me but it's back alive now - something with the serpentine belt and another repair my brother supervised because I had travelled.

I tend to be penny wise and pound foolish. I'm usually a bottom-half-of-the-fuel-gauge fuel user, which I suppose can breed fuel pump issues.

Last time I drove it, the engine actually went off a few times after I started and was reversing. Overcame this by going HAM on the accelerator. And when I ran into traffic later, it rough-idled if I didn't put it in drive or park. I have a mechanic (calls himself an engineer and all that, but forgive my skepticism; a multimeter sounded alien to him) who's been good to me but whose wits I can't 100% guarantee.

I enjoyed your poem bro. If you are in Lagos, just locate his workshop sir.
Check his profile for his contact smiley

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Pyroclast(m): 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
colossus2:

I enjoyed your poem bro. If you are in Lagos, just locate his workshop sir.
Check his profile for his contact smiley

Holds laugh
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blazetitov: 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
Oga sir, please your insight and advice needed. A 2007 toyota camry came up with the following codes;
P0016- crankshaft position, crankshaft position, correlation bank 1 sensor A

P0138- 02 sensor circuit, high voltage bank 1 Sensor 2.

P0606 - ECM/PCM Processor.

Thanks boss.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
blazetitov:
Oga sir, please your insight and advice needed. A 2007 toyota camry came up with the following codes;
P0016- crankshaft position, crankshaft position, correlation bank 1 sensor A

P0138- 02 sensor circuit, high voltage bank 1 Sensor 2.

P0606 - ECM/PCM Processor.

Thanks boss.

Timing seems to be off by a few degrees, or harness of cam sensor disconnected.

Oxygen sensor bank one sensor 2 (if it's a 4cylinder it's the second sensor in the middle of the exhaust pipe)

ECM/PCM error, possible "brainbox" ecm/pcm bad.

Fix all the other errors first and hope the ecm/pcm errors goes away.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
TwoEyedMan:

Boss where's your location? 08023251039.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blazetitov: 11:25am On Nov 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Timing seems to be off by a few degrees, or harness of cam sensor disconnected.

Oxygen sensor bank one sensor 2 (if it's a 4cylinder it's the second sensor in the middle of the exhaust pipe)

ECM/PCM error, possible "brainbox" ecm/pcm bad.

Fix all the other errors first and hope the ecm/pcm errors goes away.

Thanks Boss. God bless you and your work.

I cleared the codes and did a re-scan, only code P0016- crankshaft position, crankshaft position, correlation bank 1 sensor A came up and the check engine light went off but came up again this morning.

**Modified: Boss, i gave your number to my friend. He should get in contact soon.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ozee1kinobi: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hi Gazzuzz. Thank you for the time you put in to answer our enquiries for free. God bless you.

I have a small issue with my 2013 Kia Rio 1.4L. Coolant doesn't flow back to the radiator from the overflow tank after the vehicle cools down.

After driving for a while and park i noticed the overflow tank has more coolant than when i set off and the coolant in the radiator is low. When i drain the excess from the tank and pour it back into the radiator it fills it up. I guess that means there is no leak.

I read that the following could cause it;
Bad radiator cap
Loose hose (between radiator and overflow tank)
Top gasket

What i did
I changed the radiotor cap with a new one and then tokunbo but that didn't work. Then i thought maybe they didnt work because it wasn't OEM. So i switched my cap with my colleague who uses the exact same model. Same issue

I change the hose that connect the radiator to the tank and even added clips.

There is no water in my oil and no oil in my water (I guess that might rule out the top gasket)

I even took out the plugs to examine them cause they said if the top gasket was leaking it would show on the plugs (Attached pics of the plugs). I didn't put them back in though cause i ordered new ones months ago.

I really don't know what else to try and i don't want to take the KIA cause that Apapa Oshodi road is hell's highway and the wait period is not convenient. And i don't trust anyone else that is why i have come to you.

I read that the radiator is sucking in air from somewhere that why the coolant isn't going back in.

Brother Gazzuzz i need your help

Thank you.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2015
ozee1kinobi:
Hi Gazzuzz. Thank you for the time you put in to answer our enquiries for free. God bless you.

I have a small issue with my 2013 Kia Rio 1.4L. Coolant doesn't flow back to the radiator from the overflow tank after the vehicle cools down.

After driving for a while and park i noticed the overflow tank has more coolant than when i set off and the coolant in the radiator is low. When i drain the excess from the tank and pour it back into the radiator it fills it up. I guess that means there is no leak.

I read that the following could cause it;
Bad radiator cap
Loose hose (between radiator and overflow tank)
Top gasket

What i did
I changed the radiotor cap with a new one and then tokunbo but that didn't work. Then i thought maybe they didnt work because it wasn't OEM. So i switched my cap with my colleague who uses the exact same model. Same issue

I change the hose that connect the radiator to the tank and even added clips.

There is no water in my oil and no oil in my water (I guess that might rule out the top gasket)

I even took out the plugs to examine them cause they said if the top gasket was leaking it would show on the plugs (Attached pics of the plugs). I didn't put them back in though cause i ordered new ones months ago.

I really don't know what else to try and i don't want to take the KIA cause that Apapa Oshodi road is hell's highway and the wait period is not convenient. And i don't trust anyone else that is why i have come to you.

I read that the radiator is sucking in air from somewhere that why the coolant isn't going back in.

Brother Gazzuzz i need your help

Thank you.

Seen, return your sparkplugs back.

Take pics of the radiator and expansion tank.
Take pics of the pipe connected to radiator.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ozee1kinobi: 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Seen, return your sparkplugs back.

Take pics of the radiator and expansion tank.
Take pics of the pipe connected to radiator.

Thanks for responding. Will take the pics this night and upload

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ozee1kinobi: 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hi Gazzuzz, please see pictures below

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:36am On Dec 02, 2015
ozee1kinobi:
Hi Gazzuzz, please see pictures below

Now open expansion tank and let me see if the straw from cover is installed properly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.