Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,496 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922142 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:47am On Sep 16, 2015
siralos135:
Hello.oga GAZZUZZ, Please What are a general maintenance tip you would suggest for a first time car user.what do I look out for before moving out every morning. Any specific tip for maintaining an opel vectra car

Check oil and coolant levels

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:56am On Sep 16, 2015
Ngutor:
Abeg where person fit source OEM shock absorbers for Toyota Tundra 2001? I want

Kyb (made in japan)

Contact me if interested
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obitryce(m): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
Good day Sir/Oga Gazzuzz and a big thanks for the good work you have been doing. Please i drive a lexus RX330 and my check engine light came up sometime ago and i had the vehicle scanned and was told that my O2 sensor (the one under the car) was bad but since the car seems to be moving well i shouldn't bother changing it. Kindly advice me if this is a wise suggestion or not and how much would it cost to get it replaced thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2015
obitryce:
Good day Sir/Oga Gazzuzz and a big thanks for the good work you have been doing. Please i drive a lexus RX330 and my check engine light came up sometime ago and i had the vehicle scanned and was told that my O2 sensor (the one under the car) was bad but since the car seems to be moving well i shouldn't bother changing it. Kindly advice me if this is a wise suggestion or not and how much would it cost to get it replaced thanks.
Change it bro.... Oyinbo put am for reason.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by predatorX: 4:27pm On Sep 30, 2015
oga Gazzuzzzzzz, i dey hail thee for thy great works and thy testimonies of healed vehicles. cheesy cheesy cheesy

i have this issue with my camry tiny light 98.

When i drive for long, like 30minutes or 7kilometers thereabout, the gear starts slipping and when that happens, it shuts down the SPEEDOMETER and ODOMETER. then after another 30minutes in the traffic the ODOMETER and SPEEDOMETER comes back on automatically and the gear stops slipping.

In summary, whenever the ODOmeter and SPEEDOmeter goes offline the gear slips especially from 1st changing to 2nd gear.

what do you think sire!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
predatorX:
oga Gazzuzzzzzz, i dey hail thee for thy great works and thy testimonies of healed vehicles. cheesy cheesy cheesy

i have this issue with my camry tiny light 98.

When i drive for long, like 30minutes or 7kilometers thereabout, the gear starts slipping and when that happens, it shuts down the SPEEDOMETER and ODOMETER. then after another 30minutes in the traffic the ODOMETER and SPEEDOMETER comes back on automatically and the gear stops slipping.

In summary, whenever the ODOmeter and SPEEDOmeter goes offline the gear slips especially from 1st changing to 2nd gear.

what do you think sire!!

Electrical issue. Scan vehicle.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rinw: 1:15am On Oct 02, 2015
Hello house... Please I need ur candid advice. Wch is d best choice to buy between 2004 VW JETA(VR6 Engine) and 2005 Toyota Solara (4 cylinda). Taking fuel consumption and cost of maintenance into consideration. *ignoring d fact that solara is two door*
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by predatorX: 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

GAZZUZZ:

did scan it, had these error codes P0500, P0141 and P1780
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
predatorX:

did scan it, had these error codes P0500, P0141 and P1780

P0500 speed sensor

P0141 o2 sensor under the car

P1780 park neutral switch malfunction

The p500 looks like the culprit, but you mentioned the odometer going off too, so I guess it is a little more complicated.

There's an intermittent problem, like a partial contact, could be ground or 5v that causes th e problem you mentioned.

I can't give you a straight forward answer. What's your location?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by conyema12(m): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
Pls i need a good Toyota auto-mechanic in a owerri. Am tired of traveling to Ph just to fix my car.

Pls what is the best brand of break pad for toyota cars.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:11am On Oct 04, 2015
conyema12:
Pls i need a good Toyota auto-mechanic in a owerri. Am tired of traveling to Ph just to fix my car.

Pls what is the best brand of break pad for toyota cars.

Thanks

Original toyota brake pads.(12-18k depending on vehicle type)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by conyema12(m): 11:11am On Oct 04, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Original toyota brake pads.(12-18k depending on vehicle type)

Master Gazuzz is it for the 4 wheels?

I need the pad for Toyota Rav 4 2006 model.
And the break fluid SAE J1703
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
conyema12:

Master Gazuzz is it for the 4 wheels?

I need the pad for Toyota Rav 4 2006 model.
And the break fluid SAE J1703

Sorry 2wheels in front.

Call 08023251039
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by conyema12(m): 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Sorry 2wheels in front.

Call 08023251039

Thanx you are always the best
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by predatorX: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

P0500 speed sensor

P0141 o2 sensor under the car

P1780 park neutral switch malfunction

The p500 looks like the culprit, but you mentioned the odometer going off too, so I guess it is a little more complicated.

There's an intermittent problem, like a partial contact, could be ground or 5v that causes th e problem you mentioned.

I can't give you a straight forward answer. What's your location?

please oga gazzuzz, where is the location of the speed sensor so i can monitor and tell the mechanic exactly what he is to change? i have tried googling it but coming up short. And i dont know which one is Vehicle speed sensor, clutch speed sensor and wheel speed sensor.

help!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
predatorX:

please oga gazzuzz, where is the location of the speed sensor so i can monitor and tell the mechanic exactly what he is to change? i have tried googling it but coming up short. And i dont know which one is Vehicle speed sensor, clutch speed sensor and wheel speed sensor.

help!!!

Show this to your kazeem

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm8itxn--rbaYjsWbDn7g2A9DFO8TnAqe4QbNd4ar4gBKTZraY0g[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by khloeee: 6:42am On Oct 10, 2015
Oga gazzuzz,

pls I have a problem with my Nissan almera 1998 ,built the Ac,cos it didn't come with it and for sometimes when I on the ac in a go slow and I suddenly apply the break my car goes off.
so I have to off the Ac to restart the car.this is risky cos I can easily jam someone with the way the car suddenly goes off.
pls what can I do.

would have brought my car to ur shop,but it presently in PH.

also I noticed the Ac isn't so cold and it only works well at nite and it consumes fuel so much.

kindly help or recommend any good Ac technician here in pH.
thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00am On Oct 10, 2015
khloeee:
Oga gazzuzz,

pls I have a problem with my Nissan almera 1998 ,built the Ac,cos it didn't come with it and for sometimes when I on the ac in a go slow and I suddenly apply the break my car goes off.
so I have to off the Ac to restart the car.this is risky cos I can easily jam someone with the way the car suddenly goes off.
pls what can I do.

would have brought my car to ur shop,but it presently in PH.

also I noticed the Ac isn't so cold and it only works well at nite and it consumes fuel so much.

kindly help or recommend any good Ac technician here in pH.
thanks.

Digital Carsolutions Ltd. 36 Eze Gbakagbaka Avenue Woji off Woji Elelenwo road by Chelsea filling station

+234 803 312 3865
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jboixxx: 7:57am On Oct 11, 2015
Good morning, oga gazzuzz.
Pls, my Toyota Camry tiny light flashes the Oil indicator whenever the car is about to stop, move and when the AC is swtiched ON. But if put in P, it won't flash. This happens irrespective of the oil guage level.
2. It hesitates before moving after a stop. This is noticeable mostly when the AC is ON.

Scan not yet done though!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:12am On Oct 11, 2015
jboixxx:
Good morning, oga gazzuzz.
Pls, my Toyota Camry tiny light flashes the Oil indicator whenever the car is about to stop, move and when the AC is swtiched ON. But if put in P, it won't flash. This happens irrespective of the oil guage level.
2. It hesitates before moving after a stop. This is noticeable mostly when the AC is ON.

Scan not yet done though!

You don't need a scan for that. The indicator is a warning for low oil pressure.

Possible causes.

Possible oil pump failure.
Worn crankshaft bearings.
Sludge buildup
Blocked strainer.
Bad oil filter

Stop using the vehicle until you get it fixed.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:17am On Oct 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You don't need a scan for that. The indicator is a warning for low oil pressure.

Possible causes.

Possible oil pump failure.
Work crankshaft bearings.
Sludge buildup
Blocked strainer.
Bad oil filter

Stop using the vehicle until you get it fixed.

Don't even start that engine again! Tow it to your mechanic or to the poster I just quoted, if you don't have money to repair it, better tow it home, or get ready for a new engine!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jboixxx: 10:40am On Oct 11, 2015
IdaraCHODB:

Don't even start that engine again! Tow it to your mechanic or to the poster I just quoted, if you don't have money to repair it, better tow it home, or get ready for a new engine!

Would av loved to but I reside far away from Lag, Taraba to be precise.

Will do as u both advised. Thanks to you both.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
@Gazzuzz and guys please help out.
I foun this switch inside the fuse compartment of my Honda accord 1998 i4.
When I flick it from 'off' to 'on' my head lamp comes on after some few interval

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2015
ukata16:
@Gazzuzz and guys please help out.
I foun this switch inside the fuse compartment of my Honda accord 1998 i4.
When I flick it from 'off' to 'on' my head lamp comes on after some few interval

Have you tried starting the car in off or on position? Did the car start or not?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inze(m): 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
adanny01:

Have you tried starting the car in off or on position? Did the car start or not?

. . . you must be thinking what am thinking, look like one of those fuel-cut aftermarket 'security' installation
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ukata16(m): 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
I flicked it 'off' but the car started. Even when it was in 'off' position and I flicked it on, the headlamp still flicked twice
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by IdaraCHODB(m): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
jboixxx:

Would av loved to but I reside far away from Lag, Taraba to be precise.

Will do as u both advised. Thanks to you both.

http [] ://www. [] aa1car. [] com [] /library [] /problem_engine_oil.htm

Close up the spaces and remove the [], it might give you an idea what you are facing and the possible direction the repairs should take!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by croxx86: 11:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
Good day Gauzzman!!

Please my toyota camry 07 used to vibrate when even am in traffic and put d AC ON. Especially when d tranny is in Drive.

I hav replaced 2 engine mounts, d big one in front of d engine and another on top. But i discovered it seems d vibration became worse though d engine stopped shaking unlike before when i change d gear or start d car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by croxx86: 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2015
Good day GAZZUZZ!!

Please my toyota camry 07 used to vibrate when even am in traffic and put d AC ON. Especially when d tranny is in Drive.

I hav replaced 2 engine mounts, d big one in front of d engine and another on top. But i discovered it seems d vibration became worse though d engine stopped shaking unlike before when i change d gear or start d car.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by opomulerobanga: 6:43am On Oct 12, 2015
Pls oga, my check engine light just came on and I av no idea what's wrong. I serviced the car(camry 08,tiny light) 6weeks ago and I also checked d oil gages. I dnt see anything wrong. Pls what cud be d problem sir?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:07am On Oct 12, 2015
opomulerobanga:
Pls oga, my check engine light just came on and I av no idea what's wrong. I serviced the car(camry 08,tiny light) 6weeks ago and I also checked d oil gages. I dnt see anything wrong. Pls what cud be d problem sir?

Come for a free scan.

Free scan for opomulero...m expires on Friday this week.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:15am On Oct 12, 2015
croxx86:
Good day GAZZUZZ!!

Engine vibration can be caused by erratic or low RPM, engine misfire, or in our Nigerian situation substandard engine mounts that are too siff and sometimes even brittle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: providencia(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.