Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912048 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by xanie: 10:01am On Oct 06, 2021
I noticed rough idling on my Corolla 2003. Got it scanned and it threw up the P0300; Multiple Engine misfire.
I changed all four plugs, had the injectors cleaned out...
The vehicle was rescanned and the codes cleared. The check engine goes off
After driving for about 10 minutes the check engine lights again and the rough idling resurfaces.

Now the mechanic is suggesting so many things; timing chain, leaks and even dropping the engine. I'm not comfortable with his guess work...
I bought it toks August last year...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 10:04am On Oct 06, 2021
xanie:
I noticed rough idling on my Corolla 2003. Got it scanned and it threw up the P0300; Multiple Engine misfire.
After driving for about 10 minutes the check engine lights again and the rough idling resurfaces.

Now the mechanic is suggesting so many things; timing chain, leaks and even dropping the engine. I'm not comfortable with his guess work...

Did you rescan? What codes did it throw after the rough idling resurfaced?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:48am On Oct 06, 2021
xanie:

Call me on video call with engine bay open, you will fix it your self

7 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 11:53am On Oct 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Call me on video call with engine bay open, you will fix it your self

Wowwww
Guru!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mendy31: 2:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gazzuz, good day

Please is Acura MDX 2010 a good SUV to drive on Lagos road ?

My bro is saying Acura is a problematic car, but i personally love the car body built

I dey open to other MDX users experience
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
Mendy31:
Gazzuz, good day

My bro is saying Acura is a problematic car, but i personally love the car body built

MDX, don't buy a rusted one with high mileage.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
Structuralman:

Wowwww
Guru!!!

I really need to know how it goes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 3:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
xanie:

Have u call GAZZUZ? How did it go? I need to know pls
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
Etizz:

Have u call him?? How did it go?? Pls I need to know..

Xanie is the person than needs to call gazzuzz by video call and not me. I only commented on Gazzuzz's response.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
Mendy31:
Gazzuz, good day

Yes. I drive one.
Avoid rusted ones. Mine is currently at 193k miles and still going strong. No smoke. No oil shortage. No error lights.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2021
Structuralman:

Xanie is the person than needs to call gazzuzz by video call and not me. I only commented on Gazzuzz's response.

Thank, I just edited it....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mendy31: 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

MDX, don't buy a rusted one with high mileage.

By Rusted u mean ?? and what milage should I checkout for

It's from copart I want to purchase
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kelechiodo(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
@gazzuzz please I've 2000 Camry. The coolant in radiator reduces always but I can't detect any leak but my mechanic asked me to change to double cell. Is that a good advice. I refill the radiator after a short distance. What else may be causing the constant shortage.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
kelechiodo:
@gazzuzz please I've 2000 Camry. The coolant in radiator reduces always but I can't detect any leak but my mechanic asked me to change to double cell. Is that a good advice. I refill the radiator after a short distance. What else may be causing the constant shortage.

A leak, or water is entering the combustion chamber and exiting the exhaust.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kelechiodo(m): 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

A leak, or water is entering the combustion chamber and exiting the exhaust.
thanks so much. You are right because I noticed white smoke this morning. Please what's the solution. I need to advise my mechanic. I stay in Enugu.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
kelechiodo:

thanks so much. You are right because I noticed white smoke this morning. Please what's the solution. I need to advise my mechanic. I stay in Enugu.

Do you also notice the white smoke when you are driving?

That white smoke you saw in the morning may be as a result of condensation. Just saying. Let's wait for the ogas.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Yktv: 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gazzuz Goodday.

I use a 2007 Lexus es 350. I noticed that when I start the car and shift the gear to Drive, the car Jerks forward with force after which I start driving normally.
My mechanic immediately suggested it was the oxygen sensor and it was serviced but to no avail.
I've been on the issue for weeks now, I scanned twice and the results show that gear and gearbox are both okay, the only issue was with the "park neutral switch" which we have replaced but the issue persists.

I stay in Enugu state, what seems to be the issue? please can you kindly advise me?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mbahjohnpaul: 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

V setup engine with defective catalytic converter Bank1 (back of engine) and faulty O2 sensor Bank2 sensor 2 (front lower sensor)

Thanks boss. Please is the solution to replace the catalyst?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kookny(m): 9:48am On Oct 07, 2021
kelechiodo:

similar issue here, but a higher version of Camry. I don't usually use coolant. I just need to keep refilling water max 3days. No over-heating yet.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kookny:

similar issue here, but a higher version of Camry. I don't usually use coolant. I just need to keep refilling water max 3days. No over-heating yet.

perhaps a blown head gasket, do you notice any misfire? when idling or driving?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kookny:

Also check your radiator cover to ensure the leakage is not from there.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aluluwan(m): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
please i want to change my ac compressor on my 2006 toyota solara any idea on how much it cost the former one just got blown and it was smoking from the hood i had to park for awhile cause i was scared my car was going to catch fire��
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
Yktv:
Gazzuz Goodday.

I use a 2007 Lexus es 350. I noticed that when I start the car and shift the gear to Drive, the car Jerks forward with force after which I start driving normally.
My mechanic immediately suggested it was the oxygen sensor and it was serviced but to no avail.
I've been on the issue for weeks now, I scanned twice and the results show that gear and gearbox are both okay, the only issue was with the "park neutral switch" which we have replaced but the issue persists.

I stay in Enugu state, what seems to be the issue? please can you kindly advise me?

Start by changing your mechanic.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:04pm On Oct 07, 2021
aluluwan:
please i want to change my ac compressor on my 2006 toyota solara any idea on how much it cost the former one just got blown and it was smoking from the hood i had to park for awhile cause i was scared my car was going to catch fire��

I don't think you should just give up on your old compressor.

The coil in the clutch could be the culprit, a blocked system could receive relief from a valve on the compressor .

Have it investigated
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
Yktv:
Gazzuz Goodday.

With a scan tool check charging voltage 13.5-14v, also replace rage switch if faulty
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Yktv: 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

With a scan tool check charging voltage 13.5-14v, also replace rage switch if faulty

Thanks for replying sir. I'm a total noob with cars so it's not clear enough. If you have the time, can you explain better?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shanktang(m): 7:16am On Oct 09, 2021
Please between 99 and 2000 models of the Toyota Sienna car which one of them is more reliable, maintenance, fuel economy and performance.
Please urgent
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 7:27am On Oct 09, 2021
shanktang:
Please between 99 and 2000 models of the Toyota Sienna car which one of them is more reliable, maintenance, fuel economy and performance.
Please urgent
They are both the same.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aluluwan(m): 8:11am On Oct 09, 2021
technician said it couldn’t be salvaged so he got a new compressor and condenser now it cools like brand new sir

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by checkmatez: 8:20am On Oct 09, 2021
Good day,
Please what causes a rear windshield in a car to get a bit swollen by the top left corner? Is it heat and is there any solution to make it become normal??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 2:51am On Oct 10, 2021
aluluwan:
technician said it couldn’t be salvaged so he got a new compressor and condenser now it cools like brand new sir
how much for each?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aluluwan(m): 8:24am On Oct 10, 2021
compressor 55k
condenser 19k

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.