Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919284 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by raphieMontella: 8:14am On Sep 24, 2021
kingreign:

Where is your location?
What type of car do you drive?
These things require a competent technician to handle. Also, require your pocket sha.
Also...
I do have check engine light constantly on
And a yellow triangular caution light that blinks whenever I'm driving but stops when I hit the brakes and the car comes To a stop...

I read it's likely from malfunctioning airbags control module ..

How accurate is the above?

Thanks. ...

Cc gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2021
raphieMontella:

Owerri
2011 toyota camry v6.

Can you take a trip to Uyo or Umiahia this weekend?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by raphieMontella: 8:32am On Sep 24, 2021
kingreign:

Can you take a trip to Uyo or Umiahia this weekend?
No ..

That wouldn't be possible...

Very tight schedule...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:33am On Sep 24, 2021
raphieMontella:

No ..

That wouldn't be possible...

Very tight schedule...

Was passing thru to Uyo that's why I asked.
It's alright then.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nexttpage(m): 8:34am On Sep 24, 2021
Smart ass grin
olumzzz:

shocked

Look out for an engine in the engine bay area. Some don't come with it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:34am On Sep 24, 2021
raphieMontella:

Also...
And a yellow triangular caution light that blinks whenever I'm driving but stops when I hit the brakes and the car comes To a stop...

Thanks. ...

Cc gazzuzz

You need a complete system diagnosis and then you can take up repairs from there. Some things may trigger other faults codes anyways.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by raphieMontella: 8:35am On Sep 24, 2021
kingreign:

Was passing thru to Uyo that's why I asked.
It's alright then.
okay thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by raphieMontella: 8:37am On Sep 24, 2021
kingreign:

You need a complete system diagnosis and then you can take up repairs from there. Some things may trigger other faults codes anyways.
Okay because the performance of the car isn't bad to the best of my knowledge (I'm new in the auto world sha)
But that's a whole lot of engine codes/faults..

And it only started misfiring a few days back....
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2021
raphieMontella:
okay thanks
07034581213, when you're less busy, I'd refer you to a competent technician to fix it for you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by raphieMontella: 8:48am On Sep 24, 2021
kingreign:

07034581213, when you're less busy, I'd refer you to a competent technician to fix it for you.
thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by greatstephenho(m): 10:18am On Sep 24, 2021
We have you covered,Don't drive around with a faulty car.

For all your Volkswagen spare parts Ranging from engine, underneaths, and body parts.

Call or WhatsApp 08034783992
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emy77: 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2021
Fedrams:
Good evening. I just bought a Nigerian use Corolla 2005. I observed I used 30liters for 314 I'm in the city. Is tge fuel consumption ok

The reply to your question was wrong. You need to check yr odometer to know if it's calibrated in miles or kilometers.

If it's 314miles, and you achieved that with 30litres (8.1gallons), then your mpg is 38.7, which I can almost say is impossible for city driving even for a corolla.

If it's 314km (196miles), then your mpg is 24.2 which is just fair for a corolla.

So recheck and be sure.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Fedrams: 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
It was an error. I wanted to write 214.km for city

quote author=emy77 post=106127202]

The reply to your question was wrong. You need to check yr odometer to know if it's calibrated in miles or kilometers.

If it's 314miles, and you achieved that with 30litres (8.1gallons), then your mpg is 38.7, which I can almost say is impossible for city driving even for a corolla.

If it's 314km (196miles), then your mpg is 24.2 which is just fair for a corolla.

So recheck and be sure. [/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nexttpage(m): 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
My audio system in my car pauses music or radio for like 2 secs n get normal and does again continuously, what could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2021
Nexttpage:
My audio system in my car pauses music or radio for like 2 secs n get normal and does again continuously, what could be the problem?
village people most likely.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Plethereal: 3:41am On Sep 25, 2021
Hello Gazzuzz, please I need this part number (14310-R5A-305) and rear brake discs for an 08 2.4l accord
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43am On Sep 25, 2021
Plethereal:
Hello Gazzuzz, please I need this part number (14310-R5A-305) and rear brake discs for an 08 2.4l accord

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Itsrm(m): 6:58am On Sep 25, 2021
Teeders:
Please where can I get this part in this car Acura TL 2005? It was taken off in a flood today after the downpour and how much will it cost

Contact luvinghubby. Can't remember the exact amount but it was quite expensive
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by juniorrate: 10:47am On Sep 25, 2021
plz best recommended engine oil for Toyota Camry 09 4plug and got it as toks!! someone suggesting stallion 1 and plz what the price for the Oil
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 11:08am On Sep 25, 2021
juniorrate:
plz best recommended engine oil for Toyota Camry 09 4plug and got it as toks!! someone suggesting stallion 1 and plz what the price for the Oil

Congrats on your new tokunbo car ... Since your car is a TOKUNBO .. You want to start off the right way to avoid premium tears.. The cost of parts and engine has gone up ........

I will not recommend that engine oil .. I will advice you to use well known brand.. The correct viscosity is 5w30 .. It will say it on the engine oil cap.. Pic below is an example were to find the oil cap

Toyota Camry 4plugs from 2007 to 2009 are known to short oil . Those engine had a recall few years back .. Some of them were fix and hopefully yours is among the fix ones.

Check my signature for updates....

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by juniorrate: 11:39am On Sep 25, 2021
dru23:

Congrats on your new tokunbo car ... Since your car is a TOKUNBO .. You want to start off the right way to avoid premium tears.. The cost of parts and engine has gone up ........

I will not recommend that engine oil .. I will advice you to use well known brand.. The correct viscosity is 5w30 .. It will say it on the engine oil cap.. Pic below is an example were to find the oil cap

Toyota Camry 4plugs from 2007 to 2009 are known to short oil . Those engine had a recall few years back .. Some of them were fix and hopefully yours is among the fix ones.

Check my signature for updates....

what price for the oil 5w30
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2021
juniorrate:

Expensive engine oil. VS. New Engine Replacement

Once the goods are cleared we will know the final price........this is Xmas season ports are bit congested. Continue to check for updates.......

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
juniorrate:

Contact this number 08033910382
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nexttpage(m): 4:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
Abeg which oil is good for Tokunbo solara 2008 V6 engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ATPx: 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2021
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2021
ATPx:
Good evening Gurus in the house. I am about to make payment for a Nigerian used car. Please someone assist me with a VIN check to confirm if it is accidented/salvaged vehicle.

VIN: 1NXBU40E99Z014531

Thanks in anticipation.

Okay
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by harley88(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2021
Hi guys, want to change the three engine seats of my Honda Civic 06, any idea how much it costs??
Also can the steering rack be repaired Cos it’s leaking out Oil and my steering is super hard
My dashboard doesn’t show well, like it’s faded on the inside, what can be done about that?? Can it be cleaned or I’d need to buy a new one
Also for the suspensions, how Much does it cost for the two back legs??

Pls I need urgent answers Honda gurus
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Hallenjay: 10:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
raphieMontella:

Also...

Thanks. ...

Cc gazzuzz
hello all.
Is security light on my corral 2010 supposed be flashing. I mean the red light close to the stereo.
Why am asking is that, prior to now it's always come on fully after I locked the car and take my exit... today after I put back the battery head because I have not drive it for almost a week. I was not around.
I notice the security light (red) now flashes instead of the way it use to stay, I go around chk my neighbours lexus e330. His own is flashing too.
Which one is right and what could have gone wrong if any
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Teeders(m): 7:58am On Sep 27, 2021
Itsrm:

Contact luvinghubby. Can't remember the exact amount but it was quite expensive
contact please because I need to do it ASAP today
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 8:02am On Sep 27, 2021
Fedrams:
It was an error. I wanted to write 214.km for city

quote author=emy77 post=106127202]

So recheck and be sure.

214km is very poor for a 1.8L engine. You’re supposed to be doing nothing less than 9km per litter but you’re getting 7.1L. My wife’s 2.4L engine is doing 7.3Km per liter in the city
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Itsrm(m): 8:16am On Sep 27, 2021
Teeders:
contact please because I need to do it ASAP today

https://www.nairaland.com/luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Olonisakinibile(f): 8:53am On Sep 27, 2021
Dear Guys. Please i need a good advice on this.
Which should i choose in terms of fuel economy, durability and overall maintenance between these SUVs

RAV 4 09 vs Honda Pilot 09 vs Acura MDX 09.

I want the best regardless of the cost toks. Just want to know which is best to go for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.