Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912485 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by meshzhi(m): 6:59pm On May 01, 2022
Sir , I have an issue on my car that I have tried all possible best to solve but to no avail.
I drive a Toyota Corolla 2009 , toks.
Never had an issue since 2019 ... Not until last month I discovered a hum noise... At first I the mechanic told me it was my bearings... So far... I have changed all my bearings and the noise still persists.
When I speed more that 40mph d noise starts
Secondly, yesterday I discovered a new problem, when I'm in motion and I apply brakes , my steering and the brake pedal shakes vigorously
@ GAZZUZZ BIKO HELP YOUR SON
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10pm On May 01, 2022
meshzhi:
Sir , I have an issue on my car that I have tried all possible best to solve but to no avail.
Never had an issue since 2019 ... Not until last month I discovered a hum noise... At first I the mechanic told me it was my bearings... So far... I have changed all my bearings and the noise still persists.
Secondly, yesterday I discovered a new problem, when I'm in motion and I apply brakes , my steering and the brake pedal shakes vigorously

It's a corolla, easiest car to fix.

Change mechanic .

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by juniorrate: 9:50pm On May 01, 2022
melviniyke2002:
u hv a leak smwhere

did u think there’s a leak in Radiator or just to remove the thermostat
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 3:01am On May 02, 2022
juniorrate:

don’t remove your thermostat for any reason whatsoever. Check for leaks as stated

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 7:43am On May 02, 2022
juniorrate:

Hian.
Wetin concern exhaust leak with thermostat?

No go use your hand buy gbese oo.

Something is rubbing somewhere.
Either your exhaust is rubbing somewhere or your heat shield is loose or sand protector is rubbing on your tire (it should have rubbed through by now though)

Nothing concern thermostat.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by murshid09(m): 4:56pm On May 02, 2022
Pls bosses in the house
Does Honda City Manual also CVT
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by famto4luv2004(m): 10:22pm On May 02, 2022
Please my Toyota Camry 2006 with Toyota 2.4L 2azengine has been grounded for weeks due to oil shortage and spark plug soaking oil, I need a good mechanic In Lagos (mainland )who can either fix or ring the engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 11:29pm On May 02, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mashnino(m): 11:31pm On May 02, 2022
meshzhi:

for steering and pedal vibration check your break discs... it's the common culprit here

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sammyhans(m): 8:23am On May 03, 2022
Contact us to help you install a tracker on your car , bus ,bike or truck, WhatsApp or call , 08102330181
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haslaw(m): 8:49am On May 03, 2022
Good morning GAZZUZZ and other car gurus in the house,

I have a Toyota Corolla 2010 and the check engine light came up. I used my OBD2 scanner (pictured bellow) to scan it and the following error codes came up
P0201
P3806
P0700

I once read somewhere that error codes should first be cleared and the car driven but if they returnm you would have to carry out the maintenance required.
I cleared the errors (without doing any maintenance work) and the check engine light went off. I have driven the care for 3 days without the the light coming back on. My mind is somehow not settled. Am I doing the right thing?

cc: dru23

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mashnino(m): 11:39am On May 03, 2022
haslaw:

I have a Toyota Corolla 2010 and the check engine light came up. I used my OBD2 scanner (pictured bellow) to scan it and the following error codes came up
P0201
P3806
P0700

I once read somewhere that error codes should first be cleared and the car driven but if they returnm you would have to carry out the maintenance required.
I cleared the errors (without doing any maintenance work) and the check engine light went off. I have driven the care for 3 days without the the light coming back on. My mind is somehow not settled. Am I doing the right thing?

Yes, if the light comes back on, then do a check again for the codes that come up.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by meshzhi(m): 6:10pm On May 03, 2022
mashnino:

for steering and pedal vibration check your break discs... it's the common culprit here
Thanks chief...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dahreformer2666: 12:46am On May 04, 2022
Dear GAZZUZZ and other car enthusiast, please I need your opinion, I got hit by a bike yesterday and the car was pretty damaged , but I noticed when I tried to start the car, it not starting or responding to the key, but it start by trying alternatives starting method, I was advised to remove the battery which I did , still the car hasn't start with normal push to start button , the car model is kia optima 2013 , please which did you suggest I do
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 8:35pm On May 04, 2022
Good day car gurus in the house.

I noticed of recent that when I first start my Corolla 2009 every morning, it struggles to start or will I say it makes a cranky start. But after that first time, it balances and becomes ok, until I park it for hours or the next morning again.

Pls what could be the problem of that cranky start

Cc: Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by johnsurvive: 8:51pm On May 04, 2022
Oga Gazzuz, pls help me, I am using corrola 2006 model,
1). The car vibrate on idle running, and work normal after about some minutes of driving around.
2). The ideling running rpm is high ( slightly above 1), and engine sound is also high due to this but when I shift the gear to drive, the rpm come low to 1 or slightly below 1 and the engine sound ok as well.
3) I am in Abeokuta, you can pls recommend someone for me if you have one.thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 1:40pm On May 05, 2022
Please car gurus here I need your input here, my Car 206 check engine light has been blinking for days now from Tuesday precisely, though I don't feel any changes from the car making me surprise what could be wrong. I call my mechanic to explain he said since the car is still moving fine, I should manage to weekend when he returns from Sallah break.

I hope there's no danger in still moving with the car though i don't do long distance, just office and work? from experience Car gurus here please Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hypernikao(m): 3:00pm On May 05, 2022
Good day bosses in the house, I am remodeling my house to a commercial apartment as I am no longer in the same state and I intend to sell of this jacuzzi. They are in Port Harcourt and I want to sell the jacuzzi for 300k.

Kindly call me on o9o353I4o5I

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mashnino(m): 7:14pm On May 05, 2022
Nafizzey:
Please car gurus here I need your input here, my Car 206 check engine light has been blinking for days now from Tuesday precisely, though I don't feel any changes from the car making me surprise what could be wrong. I call my mechanic to explain he said since the car is still moving fine, I should manage to weekend when he returns from Sallah break.

I hope there's no danger in still moving with the car though i don't do long distance, just office and work? from experience Car gurus here please Gazzuzz

So you are waiting for the car to mess you up first before you take the car for scanning?

because i don't understand
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2022
haslaw:

P0201
P3806
P0700

I cleared the errors (without doing any maintenance work) and the check engine light went off. I have driven the care for 3 days without the the light coming back on. My mind is somehow not settled. Am I doing the right thing? How much does something like this cost?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2022
haslaw:

P0201
P3806
P0700
How much does something like this cost?
I cleared the errors (without doing any maintenance work) and the check engine light went off. I have driven the care for 3 days without the the light coming back on. My mind is somehow not settled. Am I doing the right thing? How much does something like this cost?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 10:47am On May 06, 2022
jinka:
Good day car gurus in the house.

I noticed of recent that when I first start my Corolla 2009 every morning, it struggles to start or will I say it makes a cranky start. But after that first time, it balances and becomes ok, until I park it for hours or the next morning again.

Pls what could be the problem of that cranky start

Cc: Gazzuzz

Someone should assist me with this pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2022
mashnino:

So you are waiting for the car to mess you up first before you take the car for scanning?

because i don't understand

Last week I noticed that check engine light and another light on my 2009 Corolla dashboard, I went for scanning and they said it's tire pressure and bad fuel. They erased the lights. Then after 2days the lights returned again.

What should I do about this issue now pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 4:42am On May 07, 2022
jinka:

Last week I noticed that check engine light and another light on my 2009 Corolla dashboard, I went for scanning and they said it's tire pressure and bad fuel. They erased the lights. Then after 2days the lights returned again.

Re-scan and post codes here
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:32am On May 07, 2022
jinka:

post the exact codes

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Genius5: 8:14pm On May 07, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

post the exact codes
good day sir. Pls my Honda accord 2006 smoke at high rpm & also short oil at high rpm. I bought it Nigerian used last year. Hope my engine is not going bad already embarassed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 8:44pm On May 07, 2022
Genius5:
good day sir. Pls my Honda accord 2006 smoke at high rpm & also short oil at high rpm. I bought it Nigerian used last year. Hope my engine is not going bad already embarassed

Your rings are worn out.

Buy another engine

Or

Rebuild
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mashnino(m): 10:21pm On May 07, 2022
jinka:

Go back and scab again. this time make sure to put the code here so that others can help you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HooxJnr(m): 10:42pm On May 07, 2022
Good day people. Please Honda Accord 2001 is throwing up this code: P0113. Please help.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Amypriti(f): 5:25am On May 08, 2022
Goodmorning and Happy Sunday

Can anybody suggest best transmission oil and engine oil for ACURA MDX 2008
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Genius5: 6:56am On May 08, 2022
adubam:

Your rings are worn out.

Buy another engine

Or

Rebuild
cry do rebuilding of engine last longer cus i don't have money for another engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 8:58am On May 08, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.