Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913825 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Oga Gazuzz and other comrades I need advice on the right shocks for my Camry 1999. Mech said Lexus shocks which I bought brand new but only lasted three months. I heard Belgium doesn't last. Please what's your advice on this -thanks.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
nymphomaniac:
are you buying original? That’s the thing. Original should last you more than a year.
OK thank you, Pls how do I differentiate fake and original?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:27am On Apr 24, 2022
Nafizzey:
OK thank you, Pls how do I differentiate fake and original?

5k VS 35k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:27am On Apr 24, 2022
adubam:
Oga Gazuzz and other comrades I need advice on the right shocks for my Camry 1999. Mech said Lexus shocks which I bought brand new but only lasted three months. I heard Belgium doesn't last. Please what's your advice on this -thanks.

18k VS 90k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by funlover1(m): 5:59am On Apr 24, 2022
Hello all, I need help .

My wife's Honda Accord 2007 ( Discussion Continues) has a nagging issue. The first thing I noticed was the car suddenly jerking and hesitating on top speed like two months ago, it hesitates,jerks ,then picks up. Also,sometimes when entering the house,because it's somehow hilly,the car would refuse to climb except you apply a lot more force to the acccelerator ,with this ,sometimes it climbs and sometimes,it still refuses, you would have to reverse, switch off the AC, put off the car ,then start again so one can climb. I got a mechanic who said he needed to clean the injector, he did and the problem seemed to stop.
After some time, the car would hesitate a lot of time in traffic, but doesn't get to stop, driving wasn't smooth,then shifting gears comes with a lot of jerking ( moving from Park to Reverse or to Drive), the jerking was almost scary. The mechanic who checked said it was throttle body, he replaced it and the jerking when shifting gears was addressed significantly but the car hesitation still continued, it behaves like the fuel supply gets cut off intermittently.

This is how the car behaves, it suddenly hesitates like it won't move, then suddenly forcefully surges forward and continues moving. This happens intermittently and is quite annoying.

The mechanic again said it was something that had to do with the transmission, he claimed he changed some parts, topped up the transmission oil, changed the filter etc. The car seemed to be okay when I drove for some kilometers then the same symptoms showed up again.

The car was scanned like 2 months ago when the symptoms started showing up and I have attached the scan results here. Someone,kindly advise on what I should do next .

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by amordi: 9:43am On Apr 24, 2022
amordi:
I have this code P0016 after scanning my 2011 Camry. The top gasket was changed in January and since then the check engine refused to clear. The car sounds well, it's just that it jerks a bit while on neutral position or packed. Mechanics hv checked and they advised me to keep driving it like that. Timing and sensors were confirmed okay.

Please can anyone recommend a good mechanic in Awka and a possible solution.?
@GAZZUZZ pls help me out
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:55am On Apr 24, 2022
amordi:
I have this code P0016 after scanning my 2011 Camry. The top gasket was changed in January and since then the check engine refused to clear. The car sounds well, it's just that it jerks a bit while on neutral position or packed. Mechanics hv checked and they advised me to keep driving it like that. Timing and sensors were confirmed okay.

Please can anyone recommend a good mechanic in Awka and a possible solution.?

The P0016 basically means the engine ECU has noticed the camshaft and crankshaft positions are out of sync.

Specifically the camshaft on the exhaust cam of bank1.

The OCV oil passages might be blocked with RTV silicone (I see that a lot)

O rings not installed in oil passages for camshaft actuators

Faulty OCV (exhausts bank1)

Faulty actuator (exhausts bank1)

Did you try fixing 3 sec cold start rattle?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:59am On Apr 24, 2022
funlover1:
Hello all, I need help .

My wife's Honda Accord 2007 ( Discussion Continues) has a nagging issue. The first thing I noticed was the car suddenly jerking and hesitating on top speed like two months ago, it hesitates,jerks ,then picks up. Also,sometimes when entering the house,because it's somehow hilly,the car would refuse to climb except you apply a lot more force to the acccelerator ,with this ,sometimes it climbs and sometimes,it still refuses, you would have to reverse, switch off the AC, put off the car ,then start again so one can climb. I got a mechanic who said he needed to clean the injector, he did and the problem seemed to stop.
After some time, the car would hesitate a lot of time in traffic, but doesn't get to stop, driving wasn't smooth,then shifting gears comes with a lot of jerking ( moving from Park to Reverse or to Drive), the jerking was almost scary. The mechanic who checked said it was throttle body, he replaced it and the jerking when shifting gears was addressed significantly but the car hesitation still continued, it behaves like the fuel supply gets cut off intermittently.

This is how the car behaves, it suddenly hesitates like it won't move, then suddenly forcefully surges forward and continues moving. This happens intermittently and is quite annoying.

The mechanic again said it was something that had to do with the transmission, he claimed he changed some parts, topped up the transmission oil, changed the filter etc. The car seemed to be okay when I drove for some kilometers then the same symptoms showed up again.

The car was scanned like 2 months ago when the symptoms started showing up and I have attached the scan results here. Someone,kindly advise on what I should do next .

The 2 month old scan needs to be updated
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

5k VS 35k
which one is 5k and which one is 35k? Please elaborate Sir. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaz4sure: 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
Great Gazzuzz

Noticed check engine light on my Acura MDX and the error code after scanning is P0159

Please advise on possible solution to clear this code
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

18k VS 90k

I no understand you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2022
kaz4sure:
Great Gazzuzz

Noticed check engine light on my Acura MDX and the error code after scanning is P0159

Please advise on possible solution to clear this code

Slow response on O2 sensor B2S2.

It's either a failing O2 sensor or a leaking exhaust gasket .

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2022
adubam:

How much did you get the brand new pair
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 2:06pm On Apr 24, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

How much did you get the brand new pair

Boss na @20k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Conner44: 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
adubam:

Boss na @20k

At that price what you bought was a brand new china, chi-chi, chinkolysis shocks, after 3 months of use it has given you your moneys worth.

Oem is life (good soup na money kee am)

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2022
Conner44:

At that price what you bought was a brand new china, chi-chi, chinkolysis shocks, after 3 months of use it has given you your moneys worth.

cheesy oga Conner. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
Conner44:

You get the point now wink
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
adubam:

cheesy oga Conner. Thanks.

Go and sin no more.

Avoid toks , there is no such thing for this age of vehicle.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by insure1: 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2022
Conner44:

I bought front pair of KYB shocks 85K. And I have been enjoying it. I’ve been to Owode Ogun state from Lagos and I can see the difference with the China product.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

You get the point now wink

Will come for the kyb rear shocks soon.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Go and sin no more.

Avoid toks , there is no such thing for this age of vehicle.

Boss. Thanks so much.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Goodday family

I'm in need of 2006/2007 corolla sports( few months 9ja used )

Cc Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gokecont(m): 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hello my people, we dey install tracker for una wey want secure una moving asset be it truck, bus, car even dispatch bikes gan self we full ground our number dey my signature \|/
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2022
Activity77:

Try this guy...he is very good..08076575608 kelechi by name,he stays at airport road,he is the official mechanic for Toyota center in enugu

PLS ANY ACCREDITED TOYOTA MECH IN OWERRI
CAR IS COROLLA 2010
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Manuella4ace: 5:19am On Apr 26, 2022
drmuchin:

PLS ANY ACCREDITED TOYOTA MECH IN OWERRI
CAR IS COROLLA 2010
Pamtech, via hospital road
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drmuchin: 8:23am On Apr 26, 2022
Manuella4ace:

Pamtech, via hospital road

U mean Owerri general hospital?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Manuella4ace: 7:27pm On Apr 26, 2022
drmuchin:

U mean Owerri general hospital?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by welzyj2(m): 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
Oga GAZZUZZ. Kindly advise as regards the option you would recommend when changing the AC compressor of a Toyota Matrix 06- a new one or tokunbo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2022
I just started seeing this sign on my dashboard recently. What could it mean and how can I remove it pls

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2022
jinka:
I just started seeing this sign on my dashboard recently. What could it mean and how can I remove it pls
check engine light. Scan your vehicle and post codes. If you don’t have a scan tool, contact gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Amypriti(f): 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2022
Goodevening

Pls do you know where one can buy a 1st grade Gear box for ACURA MDX 2008 and how much will it cost?

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.