Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914944 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 9:10am On May 08, 2022
Genius5:
cry do rebuilding of engine last longer cus i don't have money for another engine

Available parts and competent of your Mech would determine how long.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KolaShangOne(m): 10:50am On May 08, 2022
I have a 2005 Camry that I just got back from who I lent it to..

The car jacks violently when I change gears. From Drive to Reverse, it gives a loud thud.

Ive changed engine seats and it's still same.

Car moves smoothly though

Is the gear spoilt?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haslaw(m): 2:18pm On May 08, 2022
Good afternoon GAZZUZZ and other care gurus

3 years ago, I bought a Tokumbo Toyota Corrola 2010 .

Sometimes when I drive into a filling station to fuel, some of these fuel attendants guys try to market the "fuel injector cleaners". I have never bought it because I am a bit skeptical about their efficiency/efficacy but I decided to snap one of the empty cans. my question is this, Are these injector cleaners good or does anyone knows a very good one?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 9:59pm On May 08, 2022
Dear car enthusiasts,

I have a Toyota matrix 2006, at 80km/hr & above, there is this humming sound from under d hood, very distinct at d persengers side, i already replaced the suspected damaged hub (complete unit with bearing).

Humming sound has reduced but still being heard at high speed, i am thinking it's from the power steering, the oil seems dirty & contaminated.

I am planning to flush with the attached atf.
Please i need advice, are these atf recommended?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 10:02pm On May 08, 2022
Dez10:
Dear car enthusiasts,

I have a Toyota matrix 2006, at 80km/hr & above, there is this humming sound from under d hood, very distinct at d persengers side, i already replaced the suspected damaged hub (complete unit with bearing).

Humming sound has reduced but still being heard at high speed, i am thinking it's from the power steering, the oil seems dirty & contaminated.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 10:06pm On May 08, 2022
[quote author=Dez10 post=112649258][/quote]

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 6:21am On May 09, 2022
[
Dez10:
Dear car enthusiasts,

Oando pls, don't put that Holts in your car abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10am On May 09, 2022
Dez10:
Dear car enthusiasts,

Tyre types do matter.

Some tyre threads are naturally built to be noisy for better grip in subzero conditions (which we don't have)

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 8:16am On May 09, 2022
Good day car gurus in the house.

I noticed of recent that when I first start my Corolla 2009 every morning, it struggles to start or will I say it makes a cranky start. But after that first time, it balances and becomes ok, until I park it for hours or the next morning again.

Pls what could be the problem of that cranky start

Cc: Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 9:23am On May 09, 2022
jinka:
Good day car gurus in the house.

I noticed of recent that when I first start my Corolla 2009 every morning, it struggles to start or will I say it makes a cranky start. But after that first time, it balances and becomes ok, until I park it for hours or the next morning again.

Pls what could be the problem of that cranky start

Sounds like a battery problem. To test, disconnect the battery in the evening and observe the car the following morning.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 9:39am On May 09, 2022
Dez10:
Dear car enthusiasts,

How did you come to the conclusion that the humming sound may be as a result of the contaminated ATF?

How long have you been using the car before you plan ATF change?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KolaShangOne(m): 10:29am On May 09, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Tyre types do matter.

Some tyre threads are naturally built to be noisy for better grip in subzero conditions (which we don't have)

True.

I used to wonder why my Lexus tyres make alot of noise on high speed.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by OlujobaSamuel: 12:22pm On May 09, 2022
Hello guys, Rx330 steering has been having constant issues for about 6months now, changed the power steering pump about 5times now but still no solution, the most recent repair was on Thursday, tested and it was ok, however, it took a different dimension on Saturday, the noise was excessive whenever the Steering is turned.
What needs to be done pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 1:17pm On May 09, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Tyre types do matter.

Thanks GAZZUZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 1:18pm On May 09, 2022
Ok. Will need to go swarp that 1litre with Oando
frebor:
[
Oando pls, don't put that Holts in your car abeg.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oride: 5:09pm On May 09, 2022
Dez10:
Ok. Will need to go swarp that 1litre with Oando

Don't do that. Check your tyres as mentioned before.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by smestudio: 10:12pm On May 09, 2022
Good evening Auto genius,

Kindly advice on what to do with these issues.
1. My neighbors Honda Civic 2010 leaks Power Steering fluid. I Have to top it about once a week, else it will empty and Steering wheel becomes hard to turn. What might be the issue?

2. Honda Accord 2009, after long distance say another 90mins plus drive in hot sun, water in Radiator reserve start to boil heavily. If I drive less than 90mins, I can also fear the Engine Heat under the Steering wheel. What might the issue be? Fans works well. Radiator not leaking. Car has Thermostat
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dez10(m): 10:13pm On May 09, 2022
oride:

Don't do that. Check your tyres as mentioned before.

OK
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:39am On May 10, 2022
smestudio:
Good evening Auto genius,

Kindly advice on what to do with these issues.
1. My neighbors Honda Civic 2010 leaks Power Steering fluid. I Have to top it about once a week, else it will empty and Steering wheel becomes hard to turn. What might be the issue?

2. Honda Accord 2009, after long distance say another 90mins plus drive in hot sun, water in Radiator reserve start to boil heavily. If I drive less than 90mins, I can also fear the Engine Heat under the Steering wheel. What might the issue be? Fans works well. Radiator not leaking. Car has Thermostat

1. Replace all leaking parts.

2. Remote diagnosis unavailable
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Structuralman: 11:43am On May 10, 2022
Good morning Gurus in the house. I have changed the power steering pump up to 5 times now. Even the one I recently changed worked only for a short while and has gone bad now. Please help.
Car is Toyota Avalon 2006 model

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 9:24pm On May 10, 2022
My car Peugeot 206 recently started flashing the check Engine light, although I didn't not feel any changes in the car response, so I took it to mechanic after checking my plugs, he said I should replace all my plugs which I did. But the check Engine light continues flashing, the mechanic said I should not worry since the Car is moving fine I should continue using it.

Please is this normal from the car gurus.. Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On May 11, 2022
Nafizzey:
My car Peugeot 206 recently started flashing the check Engine light, although I didn't not feel any changes in the car response, so I took it to mechanic after checking my plugs, he said I should replace all my plugs which I did. But the check Engine light continues flashing, the mechanic said I should not worry since the Car is moving fine I should continue using it.

Please is this normal from the car gurus.. Gazzuzz

it is not normal. You should have the car scanned
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by molybdenum0012: 10:17am On May 11, 2022
Please what should I tell my mechanic to fix based on this report . Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godsown0: 3:25pm On May 11, 2022
What gear oil can i use for my hyundai accent 2012, my gear refuses to shift again and hardly moving while on stil, u recently use Martex ATF gear oil which i was told its not the right oil to ise that it has affected my car system. Gazzuzz i nid a reply pls sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godsown0: 3:26pm On May 11, 2022
molybdenum0012:
Are you sure your alternator is fine?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by molybdenum0012: 4:41pm On May 11, 2022
Godsown0:

Are you sure your alternator is fine?

Honestly, I don’t think so. We the sign have been seeing. Got a new battery and it seems not charging. ‘Cos each time I start the car the Battery sign shows temporarily on the dash board
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 4:46pm On May 11, 2022
haslaw:
Good afternoon GAZZUZZ and other care gurus

3 years ago, I bought a Tokumbo Toyota Corrola 2010 .

Sometimes when I drive into a filling station to fuel, some of these fuel attendants guys try to market the "fuel injector cleaners". I have never bought it because I am a bit skeptical about their efficiency/efficacy but I decided to snap one of the empty cans. my question is this, Are these injector cleaners good or does anyone knows a very good one?

I bought from Mobil Filing Station for N3,000. I must confess black sooth when you dip your hand inside the pipe has vanished . I was wondering why foreign used cars don't have black sooth and now mine is exactly like that.

My car runs quietly and I have experience increased in acceleration and power.

And above all for the first time I bought my car (Naija used) This is the first time using my car for almost 5 days without the pin dropping from the full gauge (Improve fuel efficiency)

My own experience sha.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:24pm On May 11, 2022
Godsown0:
What gear oil can i use for my hyundai accent 2012, my gear refuses to shift again and hardly moving while on stil, u recently use Martex ATF gear oil which i was told its not the right oil to ise that it has affected my car system. Gazzuzz i nid a reply pls sir

problem is not oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:32pm On May 11, 2022
adubam:

I bought from Mobil Filing Station for N3,000. I must confess black sooth when you dip your hand inside the pipe has vanished . I was wondering why foreign used cars don't have black sooth and now mine is exactly like that.

My car runs quietly and I have experience increased in acceleration and power.

And above all for the first time I bought my car (Naija used) This is the first time using my car for almost 5 days without the pin dropping from the full gauge (Improve fuel efficiency)

My own experience sha.

all the vehicles I have , have never used cleaners and my tailpipe is not dark and oily or dark at all. It is a product of your emission system.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:34pm On May 11, 2022
molybdenum0012:

What vehicle is it? It is dangerous to have excessive braking in the rear, especially if abs is disabled.

More info and I can tell you why you failed exam

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by molybdenum0012: 5:39pm On May 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

What vehicle is it? It is dangerous to have excessive braking in the rear, especially if abs is disabled.

More info and I can tell you why you failed exam

Thanks for your reply GAZZUZZ. It’s 2005 Toyota Corolla.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 5:50pm On May 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

all the vehicles I have , have never used cleaners and my tailpipe is not dark and oily or dark at all. It is a product of your emission system.

Boss. I no go school of mechanic ooo . My mechanic advised I used one because of my concern of black sooth in the "trailpipe"

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.