Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,736 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911001 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by myrax7(m): 5:25am On Jun 21, 2022
Good Morning Comrades,I need your help with a possible solution, I just noticed that anytime I engage my gear to reverse it makes a sharp kick noise but when I engage it on drive,it doesn't make such sound.. what could possibly be the cause?
The Vehicle is a RAV4, Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ONNYX: 8:18am On Jun 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

there was never a Mobil1/2.

Mobil1 sold for 12k last in 2015.

Your engines have been running mineral oil over the years. Rebuild or buy low mileage engines and monitor your oil changes religiously.

Thanks Sir, your response is quite appreciated. But in the interim what oil do you recommend for use?

We need to keep the car running before embarking on that expensive exercise.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:52am On Jun 21, 2022
ONNYX:

Thanks Sir, your response is quite appreciated. But in the interim what oil do you recommend for use?

We need to keep the car running before embarking on that expensive exercise.

Technically you have been running on 20w50. Remain with it, calculate the oil drop in L/Km top as required oil change every 3000-5000km
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ONNYX: 9:31am On Jun 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Technically you have been running on 20w50. Remain with it, calculate the oil drop in L/Km top as required oil change every 3000-5000km

Many thanks Bro...for your time and inclination to share your knowledge and experience so generously.

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ixodes(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
as a newbie did you go with a mech or car person to check before you bought the car?
question not necessary just profer solution if you don't have stay quiet and wait for Gazzuz to respond

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dan18(m): 4:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
EndiaSami:

Cc. Mosbus

Thanks alot, I've fixed an appointment with him.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rohteem03(m): 7:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
Pls could someone help me with the meaning of this chart on my dashboard... Thanks.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
rohteem03:
Pls could someone help me with the meaning of this chart on my dashboard... Thanks.

The green one
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aieromon(m): 10:05am On Jun 22, 2022
rohteem03:

Look at the attached screenshot and compare with your headlight lever to the left of the steering wheel.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
Good morning all.

Pls I need glue recommendations for covering points on my car floor when water is entering the car whenever I enter water filled pot holes. Panel beater has covered the spots but water still enters from some of the welded places. The bold

Also what's the best way to tackle water entering from the car seat bolts even with the bolts there. (Pic 1) The 2 open holes are for hand brake covers. I discovered it was rusty and tried to fix it but the nuts under got broken. After welding it, water still comes through it.

I don't mind recommendation for a good body shop in Port Harcourt.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
If you reside here in PH, i can recommend a panel who can do a good perfect job.
The mechanic shop is opposite REDBUFF SUPERMARKET at Rumigbo/Nkpolu road( if you are driving towards ECKANKAR TEMPLE)

debeey87:
Good morning all.

Pls I need glue recommendations for covering points on my car floor when water is entering the car whenever I enter water filled pot holes. Panel beater has covered the spots but water still enters from some of the welded places. The bold

Also what's the best way to tackle water entering from the car seat bolts even with the bolts there. (Pic 1)

I don't mind recommendation for a good body shop in Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
Kanshi1:
If you reside here in PH, i can recommend a panel who can do a good perfect job.
The mechanic shop is opposite REDBUFF SUPERMARKET at Rumigbo/Nkpolu road( if you are driving towards ECKANKAR TEMPLE)

How do I get there from Rumuodara pls
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by easytig(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
JerkyChan:

Greetings to the house and everybody. You're all doing a great job here.

I have some issues with my car. It's a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe. I bought it Nigerian used last November.

Prior to buying the car, I have no knowledge of cars...heck, I didnt even know how to drive.

Lately, I've come to notice some problems with the car:
1. Whenever I change gear to reverse, it comes with an abrupt jerk and unpleasantly loud sound. I know cars jerk alittle when shifted to reverse, but this one is too much.

My mechanic had initially said it was engine seats, to which I have replaced them, all to no avail.

2. When driving, I periodically hear this sound underneath like the gear is trying/struggling to change. Something a bit similar to the reverse sound, but not too loud and doesnt jerk.

To this one, somebody said something about changing a gear sensor, but I'm not so keen yet; as I dont want anything that will involve me tempering with the gearbox.

3. Sometimes when cruising/accelerating, it comes to a point when the stops responding to throttle, rather it justs revvs high without corresponding acceleration. Until you allow it for a while, then gradually and slowly picks up speed.

All helpful inputs will be highly appreciated.
Buy obd2 scanner,the Bluetooth own,it is cheap o,less than 5k,get torque pro app from playstore, connect to your obd2 port under the steering then scan for codes,then do your research for solution before meeting local mechanics,or else na trial and error go shele and you go even spend on top dis trial and error.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rohteem03(m): 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2022
temi4fash:

The green one

No... I meant the the bars displayed below 6:03 at the right side of the screen. Not the headlamp indicator.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olamilarks(m): 9:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
Good evening everyone!
Pls what could make a car keep blowing out fuses? Vehicle got flooded in May!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 6:49am On Jun 23, 2022
olamilarks:
Good evening everyone!
you answered your question sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by JerkyChan(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2022
easytig:

Buy obd2 scanner,the Bluetooth own,it is cheap o,less than 5k,get torque pro app from playstore, connect to your obd2 port under the steering then scan for codes,then do your research for solution before meeting local mechanics,or else na trial and error go shele and you go even spend on top dis trial and error.

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olamilarks(m): 9:23am On Jun 23, 2022
nymphomaniac:
you answered your question sir
How do I stop constantly blowing fuses?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 9:28am On Jun 23, 2022
olamilarks:
How do I stop constantly blowing fuses?
depends on if your fuse box was soaked in salt water. You may have to change it. Elder Gazzuzz will answer better
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:32am On Jun 23, 2022
olamilarks:
Good evening everyone!

blown fuses control what vehicle accessories?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olamilarks(m): 12:00pm On Jun 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

blown fuses control what vehicle accessories?
fuel gauge, temperature gauge and AC.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:13pm On Jun 23, 2022
olamilarks:
fuel gauge, temperature gauge and AC.

The fuel and temp gauges when shorted will only result in wrong values, however AC solenoids and clutches can cause fuses to blow.

What car is this? What's the condition of the AC system?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olamilarks(m): 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

The fuel and temp gauges when shorted will only result in wrong values, however AC solenoids and clutches can cause fuses to blow.

What car is this? What's the condition of the AC system?
Toyota Corolla 2005, AC was working fine the last time I used the car. Because of the flood, the ECU was recently replaced.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2022
olamilarks:
Toyota Corolla 2005, AC was working fine the last time I used the car. Because of the flood, the ECU was recently replaced.

check AC amplifier , it's near blower motor.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ixodes(m): 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
Boss Gazzuz abeg recommend best affordable tire brand to buy right now ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olamilarks(m): 5:16pm On Jun 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks boss!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tobintin(m): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2022
Hallos Gazzuzz,

Good evening.

I have a Toyota Camry 2009 LE 4-plugs which has been in use for about 3-years. At purchase, I noticed there was no catalyst and I always have Code 1 and 2 when scanned even after replacing the catalyst . Recently, I noticed an increase in fuel consumption and decided to scan the car, I have the below 7 codes. I have cleaned the MAF sensor and cleared the codes but it still comes back after some drive cycles. Please help with troubleshooting of the following codes.

1. P0606
2. P0420
3. P0101
4. P0102
5. P0113
6. P0138
7. P0172

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aieromon(m): 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2022
rohteem03:

No... I meant the the bars displayed below 6:03 at the right side of the screen. Not the headlamp indicator.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 8:42am On Jun 24, 2022
Is it normal to perceive anything outside the car while AC is on and you wind up all windows

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:57am On Jun 24, 2022
Etizz:
Is it normal to perceive anything outside the car while AC is on and you wind up all windows

With first pic, it's cabin air only

2nd pic fresh air from outside only .

If it does not work under those conditions, the flap is either leaking , electronic motor for flap defective, or stuck open.

Also door seals and rubber seal plugs on vehicle frame might be missing or defective.

Finally if your car don too old, nor just worry yasef and my sef.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

With first pic, it's cabin air only

2nd pic fresh air from outside only .

If it does not work under those conditions, the flap is either leaking , electronic motor for flap defective, or stuck open.

Also door seals and rubber seal plugs on vehicle frame might be missing or defective.

Finally if your car don too old, nor just worry yasef and my sef.

Lol..... thanks a lot Sir, it's mostly on second pics, now I get it.....I really appreciate your response.....make I nor disturb ourselves.... thanks again Sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mejai(m): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2022
rohteem03:

5G GSM network ooooo grin
Na ur display brightness be that! Steady press the knob it goes from dim to bright. It works only ur car headlights are on. Worry not.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.