Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912982 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03pm On Jun 28, 2022
Damscole:
Pls I need help my Honda Accord 03 is consuming fuel 6500 naira fuel cannot last me a week my home to office is just 7km to and fro my fuel gauge reduces like a speedometer pls help and it's a 4 plug engine

Take a pic of your temp gauge with engine running.

Scan the engine and transmission and post codes

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by David50: 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by David50: 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
tobintin:
Hallos Gazzuzz,

Good evening.

I have a Toyota Camry 2009 LE 4-plugs which has been in use for about 3-years. At purchase, I noticed there was no catalyst and I always have Code 1 and 2 when scanned even after replacing the catalyst . Recently, I noticed an increase in fuel consumption and decided to scan the car, I have the below 7 codes. I have cleaned the MAF sensor and cleared the codes but it still comes back after some drive cycles. Please help with troubleshooting of the following codes.

1. P0606
2. P0420
3. P0101
4. P0102
5. P0113
6. P0138
7. P0172

I would start by changing the MAF sensor.

Clear the codes and drive a few kms..

Then scan again
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MostWanted007(m): 10:03am On Jun 29, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Two possibilities.

The engine ecu is not aware of the new load.

The engine is weak and low on compression.

Wow!!! And it’s fuel consumption is on the very higher side right now, yet it’s plugs are not black, dey fire so well
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nymphomaniac(m): 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2022
Hi guys. For suspension parts ie bushings and linkages, engine seats etc, is it best to buy new or Chinese new. OEM parts take forever to land.

Car is a Toyota Camry.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
Good day awesome people.

Fuel of 3k lasts for just 100m in my Corolla 2009, while driving around town without AC

Pls is this normal?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayswagga5: 2:46am On Jul 01, 2022
Please can someone recommend a good mechanic for my is 250, the issue started when I got sick for like 2days and I didn’t start the car atall, the third day I noticed the battery hav run down and couldn’t power/start the car, I bought a new alternator and a new battery still the same, once I park for like 3 hours, the battery won’t be able to start the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:08am On Jul 01, 2022
jinka:
Good day awesome people.

Fuel of 3k lasts for just 100m in my Corolla 2009, while driving around town without AC

Pls is this normal?

Not even 1km shocked

Sadly this is not possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jinka(m): 9:34am On Jul 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Not even 1km shocked

Sadly this is not possible.

I mean 100miles, 3k fuel lasts for just 100miles without AC
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2022
jinka:

166km on 18litres in town.

Unless you are on the highway where you should expect a minimum 10Km/L, I think this is decent .

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 11:49am On Jul 01, 2022
jinka:

20mpg.
Not bad
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2022
ayswagga5:
Please can someone recommend a good mechanic for my is 250, the issue started when I got sick for like 2days and I didn’t start the car atall, the third day I noticed the battery hav run down and couldn’t power/start the car, I bought a new alternator and a new battery still the same, once I park for like 3 hours, the battery won’t be able to start the car
Why did you buy a new alternator?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayswagga5: 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2022
olumzzz:

Why did you buy a new alternator?
I been think say na alternator spoil
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
Kanshi1:
Frm Rumuodara- Rumuokoro-Rumuigbo junction(obi wali) drive through as if you re heading to Tuscany club) you will see RED BUFF SUPERMARKET by the road side.
Directly opposite RED BUFF supermarket is the Mechanic shop

NB: Haruk junction is a landmark, Tuscany club is a landmark, Eckankar temple is a landmark on the same road

Thanks. Got it sorted at the same shop with closer monitoring of what he was doing.

What could cause a car to Rev very high on cold start above 2000rpm. Was always that high before my last servicing. I remember seeing the mechanic removing the air filter compactment during the servicing. Car is 09 Corolla
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 9:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
ayswagga5:
I been think say na alternator spoil
Go change ya mechanic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jjcena(m): 8:40am On Jul 02, 2022
Dracoe:
Please who can recommend a very good Lexus auto repair shop. My RX350 got into an accident and the front is badly damaged. I am thinking of using Briscoe motors but I heard it’s quite expensive.
Can anyone please recommend an autorepair shop for me.
I would really appreciate
I am in Lagos

Where in lagos are you?? Is your car still driveable or needs flat bed? I sell brand new spare parts in Trader fair.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jjcena(m): 8:44am On Jul 02, 2022
nymphomaniac:
Hi guys. For suspension parts ie bushings and linkages, engine seats etc, is it best to buy new or Chinese new. OEM parts take forever to land.

Car is a Toyota Camry.
You must not use OEM parts. There are still high quality brands that can do the job of same OEM parts, if you can get those ones then you are good to go. By the way, I sell brand new parts, shop is located at auto parts international trade fair lagos
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Elboki109: 10:17am On Jul 02, 2022
Good morning to the Oga's in here. I'm confused as to what to do. I just bought a tokunbo Toyota Camry 2008 Feb. And I started noticing some Christmas light on my dashboard. I don't know what it means ... Will appreciate if anyone can point me to the right direction

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Elboki109: 10:19am On Jul 02, 2022
jjcena:
You must not use OEM parts. There are still high quality brands that can do the job of same OEM parts, if you can get those ones then you are good to go. By the way, I sell brand new parts, shop is located at auto parts international trade fair lagos
Do you have tokunbo splash protector and tokunbo fender protector sir ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jjcena(m): 10:46am On Jul 02, 2022
Elboki109:

Do you have tokunbo splash protector and tokunbo fender protector sir ?

No, we don't deal on anything tokunbo. Check Ladipo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 11:02am On Jul 02, 2022
Elboki109:
Good morning to the Oga's in here. I'm confused as to what to do. I just bought a tokunbo Toyota Camry 2008 Feb. And I started noticing some Christmas light on my dashboard. I don't know what it means ... Will appreciate if anyone can point me to the right direction
scan ur car fess
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Elboki109: 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
Bizzyliss:
scan ur car fess
Okay sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2022
Elboki109:
You have your tpms light on.

Make sure your tyre pressures are all above 32 psi. Do not exceed 36 psi.
Your vsc light is one. It could be related to the TPMS light or the check engine light that is on.

Scan the car to know the related code.

The scan will also reveal why your check engine light is on.

The airbag light is on probably because you haven't belted up.

Post codes here and you will enjoy the help of so many knowledgeable folks here.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Elboki109: 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
9icetoo:

You have your tpms light on.

Make sure your tyre pressures are all above 32 psi. Do not exceed 36 psi.
Your vsc light is one. It could be related to the TPMS light or the check engine light that is on.

Scan the car to know the related code.

The scan will also reveal why your check engine light is on.

The airbag light is on probably because you haven't belted up.

Post codes here and you will enjoy the help of so many knowledgeable folks here.
Thanks sir... I just scanned my car now... This is the code that popped up sir

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jjcena(m): 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
Elboki109:

Thanks sir... I just scanned my car now... This is the code that popped up sir
You have 3 error codes on your scanner, scroll to see them all. After that use your phone to Google these codes with your car model and then see possible causes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dukeo(m): 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2022
tobintin:
Hallos Gazzuzz,

Good evening.

I have a Toyota Camry 2009 LE 4-plugs which has been in use for about 3-years. At purchase, I noticed there was no catalyst and I always have Code 1 and 2 when scanned even after replacing the catalyst . Recently, I noticed an increase in fuel consumption and decided to scan the car, I have the below 7 codes. I have cleaned the MAF sensor and cleared the codes but it still comes back after some drive cycles. Please help with troubleshooting of the following codes.

1. P0606
2. P0420
3. P0101
4. P0102
5. P0113
6. P0138
7. P0172

Where did you get the catalyst? Been looking for a one for 2002 camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dukeo(m): 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

if 4 cylinder, wrong sparkplugs cheesy

Hi, I would like to get catalytic converter for a 2002 camry as I'll like to use it for bolt. Any idea how much this would cost? And where I can get a good one?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adubam(m): 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
Boss I greet you all

My dash board shows the below image with R. I took it to one rewire he seemed clueless about it. A man told me it was reverse light bulb and noticed the bulbs were burnt. We replaced the bulbs on both sides and it went off and the reverse light worked.

I observed the dashboard this evening and the image was back and the two reverse light not working.

What is destroying the reverse light bulbs at the same time because I'm thinking changing bulbs again may get burn like the previous one. Car is Toyota Camry. Thanks GazuZz

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Healthquest: 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hello Gazzuzu and every one here.

Pls what's the price for half engine for 2010 corrola 4 plug.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ihamkhay: 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2022
Good evening everyone
I am newbie here and I came here because I am facing some issues My Lexus Es300 2003 model went for check up brake pads and bushing and arm rest change and I also complained to my Mech that the car jerks when I put it In reverse he then told me it is an issues from the drive shaft he fixed everything that day but it still jerks then he told me it is the shaft cup . I took it the next day he told me it has to cool then I left the shop by evening he fixed it already. I then took the car from the Mech to go get fuel since I was happy everything is fine back… I got fuel and then the car won’t change gear it was just accelerating .
The next day a gear master came with some wires attached to a plug and was doing some stuffs and making clicking sounds with the battery but it is still the same thing now it moves sometimes with the 1st gear but once I apply the brake and I try to move I will have to take it to neutral and then back to drive before it moves … I am really worried that my gear isn’t damaged because I don’t have much at the moment ..
pls anyone who can educate me about what’s happening I don’t want to keep spending money on the wrong thing

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ihamkhay: 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2022
Good evening everyone
I am newbie here and I came here because I am facing some issues My Lexus Es300 2003 model went for check up brake pads and bushing and arm rest change and I also complained to my Mech that the car jerks when I put it In reverse he then told me it is an issues from the drive shaft he fixed everything that day but it still jerks then he told me it is the shaft cup . I took it the next day he told me it has to cool then I left the shop by evening he fixed it already. I then took the car from the Mech to go get fuel since I was happy everything is fine back… I got fuel and then the car won’t change gear it was just accelerating .
The next day a gear master came with some wires attached to a plug and was doing some stuffs and making clicking sounds with the battery but it is still the same thing now it moves sometimes with the 1st gear but once I apply the brake and I try to move I will have to take it to neutral and then back to drive before it moves … I am really worried that my gear isn’t damaged because I don’t have much at the moment ..
pls anyone who can educate me about what’s happening I don’t want to keep spending money on the wrong thing

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 11:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
I'm not a mechanic but i dont think high RPM on cold start is an issue
My 011 camry always high on cold start or if driven n parked for some hours will still do high RPM before it normalizes

debeey87:

Thanks. Got it sorted at the same shop with closer monitoring of what he was doing.

What could cause a car to Rev very high on cold start above 2000rpm. Was always that high before my last servicing. I remember seeing the mechanic removing the air filter compactment during the servicing. Car is 09 Corolla

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.