Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (913140 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2022
Kanshi1:
If you reside here in PH, i can recommend a panel who can do a good perfect job.
The mechanic shop is opposite REDBUFF SUPERMARKET at Rumigbo/Nkpolu road( if you are driving towards ECKANKAR TEMPLE)

Chief i'm still expecting Paul's contact. the one at the same workshop you described here
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by akinsanya005: 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2022
Dear N/Landers

Pls I need a further advice... my brother got a toks car and his mecho advice we should remove the thermostat in the engine.. that because of our weather here ..it's not really necessary .. that it will guide against unnecessary Over-heating... pls how good is this?

We need more professional advice on this..

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Burchester: 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
My Honda Accord 2008 is showing

P0014 Code - Camshaft Position 'B' Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1

The car is making rattle noise and decrease of power?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2022

My bad for sending it late, i thought u av fixed d pblm smwer else

seanfer:

Chief i'm still expecting Paul's contact. the one at the same workshop you described here
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanshi1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2022
Frm Rumuodara- Rumuokoro-Rumuigbo junction(obi wali) drive through as if you re heading to Tuscany club) you will see RED BUFF SUPERMARKET by the road side.
Directly opposite RED BUFF supermarket is the Mechanic shop

NB: Haruk junction is a landmark, Tuscany club is a landmark, Eckankar temple is a landmark on the same road

debeey87:

How do I get there from Rumuodara pls

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 9:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
Kanshi1:

My bad for sending it late, i thought u av fixed d pblm smwer else

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
akinsanya005:
Dear N/Landers

Pls I need a further advice... my brother got a toks car and his mecho advice we should remove the thermostat in the engine.. that because of our weather here ..it's not really necessary .. that it will guide against unnecessary Over-heating... pls how good is this?

Thanks.
The profs will say leave it in place.

If you want more reassurance, replace it with a new one.

And change that mechanic. He has been left behind.

7 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ArticleBeast: 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2022
myrax7:
Good Morning Comrades,I need your help with a possible solution, I just noticed that anytime I engage my gear to reverse it makes a sharp kick noise but when I engage it on drive,it doesn't make such sound.. what could possibly be the cause?
The Vehicle is a RAV4, Thanks
Service the gear sensors
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ArticleBeast: 5:37pm On Jun 26, 2022
JerkyChan:

Greetings to the house and everybody. You're all doing a great job here.

I have some issues with my car. It's a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe. I bought it Nigerian used last November.

Prior to buying the car, I have no knowledge of cars...heck, I didnt even know how to drive.

Lately, I've come to notice some problems with the car:
1. Whenever I change gear to reverse, it comes with an abrupt jerk and unpleasantly loud sound. I know cars jerk alittle when shifted to reverse, but this one is too much.

My mechanic had initially said it was engine seats, to which I have replaced them, all to no avail.

2. When driving, I periodically hear this sound underneath like the gear is trying/struggling to change. Something a bit similar to the reverse sound, but not too loud and doesnt jerk.

To this one, somebody said something about changing a gear sensor, but I'm not so keen yet; as I dont want anything that will involve me tempering with the gearbox.

3. Sometimes when cruising/accelerating, it comes to a point when the stops responding to throttle, rather it justs revvs high without corresponding acceleration. Until you allow it for a while, then gradually and slowly picks up speed.

All helpful inputs will be highly appreciated.
Start by servicing or replacing the gear sensors. If this does not work, save for a new gear box.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ArticleBeast: 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2022
akinsanya005:
Dear N/Landers

Thanks.
Change mechanic. Texas is hotter than Naija

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by michytluv: 7:05pm On Jun 26, 2022
Good evening all,
Pls I need good Alloy rim tyres at clearance price
215/60/R16
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Miee: 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
samuelson06:

Nice channel you got there. Ride on babe. But why not leave things open and not try to make it appear like your videos are made for Nigerians alone? I think your contents are universal.

Heyy, thank you so much for this.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Miee: 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kingdemu:
I love your reviews. Used to think that AbujaCar girl was mad but you are way madddder. Subscribed!

Thank you so much!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
All adverts and spammers will receive a long ban
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kewtt: 10:57pm On Jun 26, 2022
hi sseun

GAZZUZZ:
All adverts and spammers will receive a long ban

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chinnyonwu(m): 5:10am On Jun 27, 2022
infolekan:

Good evening. Use a 2008 Honda Accord V6 coupe which I recently had the engine and gear changed.
Gear switches perfectly but noticed the engines idles roughly in the morning for about 4 minutes after which it starts working well once I switch it off and on again. Car has been acting like this for about a week and works well during the day with occasional loss of power. It was scanned and the code given was P3400 and P3497 and also P0443 occasionally.
The engine oil has been changed and the oil pressure sensor has also been changed but car still idles roughly every morning which the old engine never does.
I will appreciate any help from the house please...

How were you able to solve this bro? I have same issue on same model of vehicle
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mammanbawa: 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
akinsanya005:
Dear N/Landers

Thanks.

Do NOT remove it. Replace it with a brand new one to be on the safer side. Replace mechanic

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bunmijinmi: 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2022
Good evening Moderator,
I am having issue with Kia Rio 2009 Hatchback automatic transmission, whenever I am climbing a hill, it find it difficult to move, I have to match the accelerator very well but moves well on a plain surface, also when it changes to the third gear it jerks like two times then moves. what could be the problem
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Peppermintflav: 6:16pm On Jun 27, 2022
Big boss GAZZUZZ
Pls what can you say about this spark plug?
Car Is 2.2 Camry
It's shorting oil small small

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:54am On Jun 28, 2022
Peppermintflav:
Big boss GAZZUZZ
Pls what can you say about this spark plug?
Car Is 2.2 Camry
It's shorting oil small small

if 4 cylinder, wrong sparkplugs cheesy

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:55am On Jun 28, 2022
bunmijinmi:
Good evening Moderator,
I am having issue with Kia Rio 2009 Hatchback automatic transmission, whenever I am climbing a hill, it find it difficult to move, I have to match the accelerator very well but moves well on a plain surface, also when it changes to the third gear it jerks like two times then moves. what could be the problem

Usually the engine ecu
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bunmijinmi: 9:56am On Jun 28, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Usually the engine ecu
could it be that the ATF is low?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:38am On Jun 28, 2022
bunmijinmi:

could it be that the ATF is low?

My assumption would be before people complain about things as serious as transmission drag they would have just pulled the dipstick to check for presence of oil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bunmijinmi: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

My assumption would be before people complain about things as serious as transmission drag they would have just pulled the dipstick to check for presence of oil

I later checked and discovered that it is low
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:44am On Jun 28, 2022
bunmijinmi:

I later checked and discovered that it is low

And now that you have topped it does it drive same?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chuuxxy: 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2022
Good day house. Please I use a Kia Optima 2013. My turbocharger doesn’t activate when the rpm gets to 3000. Had it checked and the problem is from the brain box. Another brain box was put in and worked perfectly. Please where can I get a new brain box and someone who can program it also. Any recommendations. I reside in portharcourt please.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tobintin(m): 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2022
[quote author=tobintin post=114094190]Hallos Gazzuzz,

Good day house. Please help

I have a Toyota Camry 2009 LE 4-plugs which has been in use for about 3-years. At purchase, I noticed there was no catalyst and I always have Code 1 and 2 when scanned even after replacing the catalyst . Recently, I noticed an increase in fuel consumption and decided to scan the car, I have the below 7 codes. I have cleaned the MAF sensor and cleared the codes but it still comes back after some drive cycles. Please help with troubleshooting of the following codes.

1. P0606
2. P0420
3. P0101
4. P0102
5. P0113
6. P0138
7. P0172
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Damscole: 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2022
Pls I need help my Honda Accord 03 is consuming fuel 6500 naira fuel cannot last me a week my home to office is just 7km to and fro my fuel gauge reduces like a speedometer pls help and it's a 4 plug engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Godsown0: 5:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine ecu (also transmission ecu) .
Pls can ecu be repaired? I dnt have much to buy a new one pls
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dracoe(m): 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2022
Please who can recommend a very good Lexus auto repair shop. My RX350 got into an accident and the front is badly damaged. I am thinking of using Briscoe motors but I heard it’s quite expensive.
Can anyone please recommend an autorepair shop for me.
I would really appreciate
I am in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.