Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911621 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAmaechi(m): 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2023
Happy New Year Better Cars this year ��

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Etizz: 5:48am On Jan 02, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Temp has never been an issue in transmission oil change, the major issue is contamination .

Thanks a lot Sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KingRex1(m): 6:49am On Jan 02, 2023
Good day GAZZUZ. Pls I'm having a p0011 error on my 09 accord. What's the faster way to solve this
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Cool83(m): 9:06am On Jan 02, 2023
Please help, what could be making RPM to be going down while on speed and sometimes lead to shutting down of engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:27am On Jan 02, 2023
KingRex1:
Good day GAZZUZ. Pls I'm having a p0011 error on my 09 accord. What's the faster way to solve this

No fast way around this, camshaft actuator is not actuating.

Possible Nigerian causes.

Welding of camshaft actuator to avoid cold rattle

Sludge in engine .

Deffective camshaft solenoid

Remotely I cannot solve this.
Good luck
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 10:36am On Jan 02, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

No fast way around this, camshaft actuator is not actuating.

Possible Nigerian causes.

Welding of camshaft actuator to avoid cold rattle

Sludge in engine .

Deffective camshaft solenoid

Remotely I cannot solve this.
Good luck

Happy new year Boss, Please would you advise one to buy any of those refilled catalyst in place of follow come. its for the down under the car. 2az-fe
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:38am On Jan 02, 2023
seanfer:

Happy new year Boss, Please would you advise one to buy any of those refilled catalyst in place of follow come. its for the down under there the car . 2az-fe

Leave it empty.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 2:27pm On Jan 02, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Leave it empty.
pls oga gazzuzz tru more light here..... �
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dbshaywhy(m): 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2023
Good day professionals, compliment of the season.
I owns a Toyota rav4 2002 model... Recently I noticed it over heating from the engine, the fan was check. Gud, I blow the radiator, still not stop, I later give the radiator to blacksmith to open and wash, still not stop... Den dis last Friday, they checked for its thermostat, it was removed and all couple back... It now working fine but the a.c stops working... Once I on it... Will cool for like 2 seconds, the d light on the a.c button will started blinking, den stop cooling...
What could be the cause of this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hoyinmide(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
GOOD AFTERNOON PLEASE I CHANGED MY ACURA TL 09 linkages and then did ALIGNMENT AFTER. I DISCOVERED IF TURNED TO THE RIGHT THE STEERING GET HOOKED BUT DOES NOT HAPPEN WHEN TURNED TO THE LEFT.

Please what can I do!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SmilesInn: 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2023
MrAdam:

I hope I remember when fixing one tomorrow..
Also waiting for the pictures of the oring concerning the power steering pump
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAdam: 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2023
SmilesInn:

Also waiting for the pictures of the oring concerning the power steering pump

Hmm! Done did that bro.. sorry didn't remember.. but its not hidden! In in the supply pipe to the steering, the other in supply to the pump..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SmilesInn: 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2023
dbshaywhy:
Good day professionals, compliment of the season.
I owns a Toyota rav4 2002 model... Recently I noticed it over heating from the engine, the fan was check. Gud, I blow the radiator, still not stop, I later give the radiator to blacksmith to open and wash, still not stop... Den dis last Friday, they checked for its thermostat, it was removed and all couple back... It now working fine but the a.c stops working... Once I on it... Will cool for like 2 seconds, the d light on the a.c button will started blinking, den stop cooling...
What could be the cause of this?
Contact Mosbus here on nairaland, he will sort it out one time, especially if you reside in lagos.
Don't let one technician tell you to change this & that,thereby adding more to the problem till you get frustrated

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SmilesInn: 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2023
MrAdam:

Hmm! Done did that bro.. sorry didn't remember.. but its not hidden! In in the supply pipe to the steering, the other in supply to the pump..
Plz can I have your contact
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrAdam: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2023
SmilesInn:

Plz can I have your contact

I'm not a mechanic o! I'm just more of a diy guy..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SmilesInn: 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
MrAdam:

I'm not a mechanic o! I'm just more of a diy guy..
Lol, just for more description
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2023
seanfer:

Happy new year Boss, Please would you advise one to buy any of those refilled catalyst in place of follow come. its for the down under the car. 2az-fe
don’t try it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
melviniyke2002:
pls oga gazzuzz tru more light here..... �
wit time it will block ur exhaust o
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hoyinmide(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
GOOD AFTERNOON PLEASE I CHANGED MY ACURA TL 09 linkages and then did ALIGNMENT AFTER. I DISCOVERED IF TURNED TO THE RIGHT THE STEERING GET HOOKED BUT DOES NOT HAPPEN WHEN TURNED TO THE LEFT.

Please what can I do
Anyone??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by smallboyfarmer: 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
@GAZZUZZ Sir what can make a Corolla 010 automatic transmission to only drive forward on all gear except on Park after the gear shift cable broke while trying to change gear and was replaced .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by phranseeqz(m): 11:08pm On Jan 02, 2023
Good evening oga Gazzuz. I recently travelled to the east with my RX300 (yr 2000 model).
The left back tire brake pads got bad and I had to change it. Ever since, the VSC light and ABS lights have been permanently on on d dashboard.
The car also vibrates when I speed up. I've tried alignment here in Enugu and they say it's okay. What do you advise?

Secondly, when I start my car, the engine makes a cackling noise then stops. This is also a recent development.
I don't want to risk it back to Lagos.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by melviniyke2002(m): 4:24am On Jan 03, 2023
Bizzyliss:
wit time it will block ur exhaust o
duration period
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:08am On Jan 03, 2023
smallboyfarmer:
@GAZZUZZ Sir what can make a Corolla 010 automatic transmission to only drive forward on all gear except on Park after the gear shift cable broke while trying to change gear and was replaced .

Re align cable
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by phranseeqz(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2023
Oga Gaz please advise

phranseeqz:
Good evening oga Gazzuz. I recently travelled to the east with my RX300 (yr 2000 model).
The left back tire brake pads got bad and I had to change it. Ever since, the VSC light and ABS lights have been permanently on on d dashboard.
The car also vibrates when I speed up. I've tried alignment here in Enugu and they say it's okay. What do you advise?

Secondly, when I start my car, the engine makes a cackling noise then stops. This is also a recent development.
I don't want to risk it back to Lagos.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by phranseeqz(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2023
Any mechanic recommendations in Enugu?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by smallboyfarmer: 9:15am On Jan 03, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Re align cable
Thanks sir for the response.
Is there a special way of re aligning the cable the mechanic tried all day to realign the cable but no success.The dashboard PRND32L rhyme with the gear shift but doesn’t shift to L (last gear).When cable broke there was code P0705,it was cleared after the cable was fixed and hasn’t showed up again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:31am On Jan 03, 2023
smallboyfarmer:

Did you repair the cable or replace it.

If you repaired it, it is time to replace it .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dmangodwin(m): 11:47am On Jan 03, 2023
D
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dmangodwin(m): 11:47am On Jan 03, 2023
D
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by smallboyfarmer: 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Did you repair the cable or replace it.

If you repaired it, it is time to replace it .
It was replaced
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
smallboyfarmer:

It was replaced

Readjust from here, if it does not work, you have wrong cable.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dbshaywhy(m): 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2023
SmilesInn:

Contact Mosbus here on nairaland, he will sort it out one time, especially if you reside in lagos.
Don't let one technician tell you to change this & that,thereby adding more to the problem till you get frustrated
Unfortunately, I live outside lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.