Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911741 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayanjamz: 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2023
Check your ambient temperature sensor or let chief G look into it
dbshaywhy:
Good day professionals, compliment of the season.
I owns a Toyota rav4 2002 model... Recently I noticed it over heating from the engine, the fan was check. Gud, I blow the radiator, still not stop, I later give the radiator to blacksmith to open and wash, still not stop... Den dis last Friday, they checked for its thermostat, it was removed and all couple back... It now working fine but the a.c stops working... Once I on it... Will cool for like 2 seconds, the d light on the a.c button will started blinking, den stop cooling...
What could be the cause of this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2023
melviniyke2002:
duration period
I don tell u
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by welzyj2(m): 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
dbshaywhy:
Good day professionals, compliment of the season.
I owns a Toyota rav4 2002 model... Recently I noticed it over heating from the engine, the fan was check. Gud, I blow the radiator, still not stop, I later give the radiator to blacksmith to open and wash, still not stop... Den dis last Friday, they checked for its thermostat, it was removed and all couple back... It now working fine but the a.c stops working... Once I on it... Will cool for like 2 seconds, the d light on the a.c button will started blinking, den stop cooling...
What could be the cause of this?

give a rewire to check the fuse part connecting the ac. i once had an issue like this
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SmilesInn: 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2023
dbshaywhy:

Unfortunately, I live outside lagos
You can still contact him & he will be of great help.
Here
https://www.nairaland.com/3583626/reason-why-important-vacuum-system/14
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2023
Dez10:
Dear @Gazzuzz & other car enthusiasts. I drive a Toyota Matrix 2006. Got it as a Nigeria used 2yrs ago. The previous owner was using mobile 20w50 for servicing which I used just once b4 prices of oil skyrocketed. I then switched to seahorse 20w50 routinely changed after every 2000miles.

I went to service again yesterday & I saw a guy servicing his Toyota Corolla 06 with total quartz 7000 10w40 & he said his car has been fine with it over d years.

I am currently having a second thought of switching permanently to that total quartz 7000 10w40 & extend servicing time to about 4000miles. Though price is around 16k.

Will there be any harm to my engine doing this?
Just maintain your 20W50 oil that you've been using for over 2 years jeje

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2023
Bizzyliss:
by changing ur mechanic
What if he's a DIY and does his repairs himself?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2023
Gbadex17:
Good afternoon, I drive a toyota camry 2004 model.
I noticed that whenever I drive the car for long with Ac on or I drive in the afternoon under the hot sun with Ac on, the engine temperature gauge passes slightly above the middle and my engine oil pressure light comes on and starts blinking.
If I shut the car or I put off my Ac the engine temperature comes down and the engine oil light pressure comes off. Please what could be wrong I need help
What kind of oil and filter do you use and what's your service interval?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
phranseeqz:
Good evening oga Gazzuz. I recently travelled to the east with my RX300 (yr 2000 model).
The left back tire brake pads got bad and I had to change it. Ever since, the VSC light and ABS lights have been permanently on on d dashboard.
The car also vibrates when I speed up. I've tried alignment here in Enugu and they say it's okay. What do you advise?

Secondly, when I start my car, the engine makes a cackling noise then stops. This is also a recent development.
I don't want to risk it back to Lagos.
The mechanic or whoever did your brake job has snapped your ABS cable or messed up the sensor. Your brakes will still work, but the ABS, traction control and vehicle stability functions would be disabled.

For the vibration, do you feel it from the front while accelerating or from the rear? If it's from the front, that would likely be your drive shaft. But if it's from the rear, (considering you just did a brake job) it might be you have a binding brake or also a drive prop issues. Remote diagnosis would be difficult.

As for the rattle noise? I suspect your variable cam shaft is bad or you have temporary oil starvation to the top that makes your valve train rattle before it gets lubricated. Remote diagnosis would not be 100% accurate as well.

Get a competent mechanic to check the health of the vehicle before embarking on any travel.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 5:21am On Jan 06, 2023
Happy new year Nairalanders!
For the processing of doctor's report on tinted glass, I'm your best plug.

>>> CLICK HERE TO CHAT ON WHATSAPP <<<

or call. . . . 0 8 1 3 4 8 0 3 4 4 9
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gbadex17(m): 11:22am On Jan 06, 2023
jceesquare:

What kind of oil and filter do you use and what's your service interval?
I use mobile 20w 50 and I change oil 3 monthly
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2023
Gbadex17:

I use mobile 20w 50 and I change oil 3 monthly
At what kilometers or miles?
Also can you take a clear picture of the underside of your engine oil cap and inside of the engine (where you pour engine oil in)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by celestial1: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2023
Please i need good car ac, please recommend one for me or signify yourself
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gbadex17(m): 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2023
jceesquare:

At what kilometers or miles?
Also can you take a clear picture of the underside of your engine oil cap and inside of the engine (where you pour engine oil in)
I don't take note of the miles, maybe I will start now.
I will take those pictures tomorrow morning.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
Gbadex17:

I don't take note of the miles, maybe I will start now.
I will take those pictures tomorrow morning.
The most important parameter to check before having oil change is the distance covered considering the terrain and driving conditions most vehicles are subjected to.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Allem(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2023
Good morning bosses, I can't seem to find Trac off switch in my es300 2002.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:50am On Jan 07, 2023
Allem:
Good morning bosses, I can't seem to find Trac off switch in my es300 2002.

Wetin you wan use the ‘Trac off’ switch do?

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
kingreign:

Wetin you wan use the ‘Trac off’ switch do?

Hello boss, are you still in Cali? Can we connect, please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2023
samuelson06:

Hello boss, are you still in Cali? Can we connect, please?
No, I’m in Abuja already sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2023
kingreign:

No, I’m in Abuja already sir.

Huh!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aristogabby(m): 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
Good Evening all,

I own a 2012 Toyota Camry. Recently my car refuses to accelerate. When I try to, it accelerates for a while and drops all of a sudden and the car starts moving slow sometimes it might even stop. I took it to an auto technician, We’ve changed the Throttle body and the PCM but the issue still persists after a week of driving. Please what can be the cause of this issue?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by isyomar(f): 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
Good evening gurus. Please my 2004 sienna is making some sounds from the leg(driver side) I took it to a mechanic who said it is the shaft. He said he has to change the complete driver side.
Please who knows how much complete shaft should cost. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2023
samuelson06:

Huh!
E shock you?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2023
kingreign:

E shock you?

Lol. E shock me o. Now now wey you breeze in from Oron, you breeze out. Wetin you come do again?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2023
samuelson06:

Lol. E shock me o. Now now wey you breeze in from Oron, you breeze out. Wetin you come do again?
I’ve been in Uyo before Christmas
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
kingreign:

I’ve been in Uyo before Christmas

I see. I hope Uyo no fall on you? wink
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
samuelson06:

I see. I hope Uyo no fall on you? wink

Nah.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KingAzubuike(f): 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2023
The engine oil I've been using is Total quartz 5000sl 20w-50. It got exhausted and I asked someone to get me the exact thing but he bought something else. What he bought was Total classic SAE 40. Now is it safe to use or I should just discard it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by calculation(m): 6:04am On Jan 08, 2023
KingAzubuike:
The engine oil I've been using is Total quartz 5000sl 20w-50. It got exhausted and I asked someone to get me the exact thing but he bought something else. What he bought was Total classic SAE 40. Now is it safe to use or I should just discard it
No, it is not safe. Just discard it. Find other brand like mobil as replacement, then return to your brand later.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by stuffs2002: 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
Good evening GAZZUZZ and other car gurus in the house,

I want to buy 2 Tyres for my Toyota Corolla 2010 and I don't know what product to select

Pls can you help with a good but pocket friendly Tyre brand?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2023
calculation:

No, it is not safe. Just discard it. Find other brand like mobil as replacement, then return to your brand later.
If I may ask, what is wrong with Total SAE 40?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2023
stuffs2002:

I want to buy 2 Tyres for my Toyota Corolla 2010 and I don't know what product to select

Thanks
Dunlop or Michelin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Estimable(m): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
stuffs2002:

Thanks

Maxixs Made in Thailand

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.