Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (922063 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Deigofortune: 9:01am On Aug 05, 2023
Thanks alot, I will do just that..and come back with a feedback

nurey:

I have told you to get to the root cause of ur misfire issues, since cylinder 2 isn't detected, use its plugs and coil to test the remaining cylinders but you will need a scanner for the investigation.

Your solution is straight forward, after the test you will know whether the parts you are buying sef are faulty or wrong ones

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fotadmowmend(m): 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hello pls help . I bought a used 2003 toyota rav 4 but I noticed it doesn't start easily especially when in the morning and when idle for a long time and also consume fuel than normal ... Help !
My mechanic have chance what he called cold start sensor and one air filometer all to no avail ..... Oga Gazzuz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
fotadmowmend:
Hello pls help . I bought a used 2003 toyota rav 4 but I noticed it doesn't start easily especially when in the morning and when idle for a long time and also consume fuel than normal ... Help !
My mechanic have chance what he called cold start sensor and one air filometer

For the hard cold start, check your fuel pump, especially the fuel pressure regulator.

For the fuel consumption, it's likely the car no longer has the thermostat intact. And the catalytic converter is likely already gone.

Is this car 4 or 6 cylinder?

Also, does the fan come on immediately you turn the ignition?

Scan the car and share the codes here.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fotadmowmend(m): 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
Grupo:

For the hard cold start, check your fuel pump, especially the fuel pressure regulator.

For the fuel consumption, it's likely the car no longer has the thermostat intact. And the catalytic converter is likely already gone.

4 cylinder
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by veekid(m): 6:30am On Aug 07, 2023
Grupo:

weldone bro, if the fan comes on immediately as you turn ignition on,, does this have any effect on fuel consumption? My fan comes on as ignition turns on. Also is there a way to correct this? Thanks in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dozieson(m): 6:43am On Aug 07, 2023
fotadmowmend:
My mechanic have chance what he called cold start sensor and one air filometer all to no avail ..... Oga Gazzuz

Scan the car and share codes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Deigofortune: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
Boss pls this dey new set of code I'm getting after my mechanic services my engine oil switch on Friday, ... But they engine light still come up .

PO301
PO451
PO452
PO135
P2185

So my electrician have to swap 1st cylinder coil, plus a new plug, ... then swab out dey code and scan

So I'm getting

P2185
PO135

nurey:

I have told you to get to the root cause of ur misfire issues, since cylinder 2 isn't detected, use its plugs and coil to test the remaining cylinders but you will need a scanner for the investigation.

Your solution is straight forward, after the test you will know whether the parts you are buying sef are faulty or wrong ones

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
Deigofortune:
Boss pls this dey new set of code I'm getting after my mechanic services my engine oil switch on Friday, ... But they engine light still come up .

PO301 misfire in cylinder 1

PO451 your evap cannister check the cable or if the cannister itself is intact.
PO452 solving 0451 will clear this one.

PO135 02 sensor bank 1 that oxygen sensor you see when you open the bonnet of the vehicle

P2185 engine coolant temp sensor. You mechanic has by pass your thermostat and run fan direct.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Deigofortune: 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
Deigofortune:

PO301
PO451
PO452
PO135
P2185

So my electrician have to swap 1st cylinder coil, plus a new plug, ... then swab out dey code and scan

So I'm getting

P2185
PO135

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dracoe(m): 4:28am On Aug 08, 2023
Bizzyliss:
look for original mobil 1 0w 20 or liqui moly 0w 20
I later used Castrol oil

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2023
Please gurus in the house, I need your say

Due to the current weather conditions, it's affecting my car battery condition, so in the morning if I drive to work and park my car, I discharge one of the battery terminals and in the evening If I get back home, I repeat the same. My question is does that have any effect on the car? And

Secondly, is frequent push start for manual Car bad habit? Thanks

Cc: GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Manuella4ace: 11:21am On Aug 08, 2023
Nafizzey:
Please gurus in the house, I need your say

Due to the current weather conditions, it's affecting my car battery condition, so in the morning if I drive to work and park my car, I discharge one of the battery terminals and in the evening If I get back home, I repeat the same. My question is does that have any effect on the car? And

Secondly, is frequent push start for manual Car bad habit? Thanks

Cc: GAZZUZZ

I don't think it's the weather affecting your battery, there's something drawing out current from your battery. Get a technician let him trace where the discharge is coming from and rectify.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jammyboi(m): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2023
hello everyone one

please I need a new mechanic around Magodo phase 1

I was about to go out one afternoon I discovered my radiator was leaking.

my mechanic came to check today and advice I completely change the radiator to double cell.

the issue I have now is he said it is 52k, and the pricing I can see online is max 40k. The price inflation from him is too much. please I need a new mechanic around Magodo phase 1.

and if you have plug for o2 sensor, I need a new one for bank 1 sensor 1.

Toyota Camry 2007.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2023
jammyboi:
hello everyone one

please I need a new mechanic around Magodo phase 1

I was about to go out one afternoon I discovered my radiator was leaking.

my mechanic came to check today and advice I completely change the radiator to double cell.

the issue I have now is he said it is 52k, and the pricing I can see online is max 40k. The price inflation from him is too much. please I need a new mechanic around Magodo phase 1.

and if you have plug for o2 sensor, I need a new one for bank 1 sensor 1.

Toyota Camry 2007.

Contact this guy for O2 sensor: +234 808 400 0804

You can also contact Gazzu.zz for both O2 sensor and radiator.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nafizzey(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2023
Manuella4ace:

I don't think it's the weather affecting your battery, there's something drawing out current from your battery. Get a technician let him trace where the discharge is coming from and rectify.
thank you for the response, the issue in question is my car does not start on first try until after like two to three attempt, before it starts..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nafizzey:
thank you for the response, the issue in question is my car does not start on first try until after like two to three attempt, before it starts..
You probably have a bad fuel pressure regulator, or a failing pump.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jammyboi(m): 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
Grupo:

Contact this guy for O2 sensor: +234 808 400 0804

You can also contact Gazzu.zz for both O2 sensor and radiator.
thanks man, I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Manuella4ace: 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nafizzey:

Check your fuel pump and filter.
I had a case like this on my w203 last year, I just changed the fuel filter under the car at the rear, and the car start at first touch.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:26am On Aug 09, 2023
Deigofortune:
Pls am still suffering on this here is they code I’m, I have went as far as changing both my coil, plug and nuzzle

P0303
P2185
P0135
P0301
P0304
P0300

As for they overheating it only happened one’s beside they engine is less than 3months old and have not been to any stress due to this issue, it have been on parked since then, because of this issue it makes driving more difficult and annoying for me …. Pls your help and knowledge is highly needed …

Disconnect the faulty O2 sensor on the exhaust bank1 sensor 1 . It might be causing the system to misfire .

If it solves the problem replace it. If it does not drive a longer distance before scanning

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Deigofortune: 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
Thanks alot Boss ...!! I'm have same thought as well after this recent trial.. below

PO301
PO451
PO452
PO135
P2185

So I'm getting

P2185
PO135

GAZZUZZ:

Disconnect the faulty O2 sensor on the exhaust bank1 sensor 1 . It might be causing the system to misfire .

If it solves the problem replace it. If it does not drive a longer distance before scanning
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Fuadeiza(m): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2023
I scanned my Camry 07 and got P0500 error. My speedometer isn’t working.

Please who can recommend a trusted Rewire in Ikorodu to help me fix this ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dozieson(m): 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
Fuadeiza:

Is this not an instrument cluster issue?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2023
Fuadeiza:

How the issue take start? You do any repair recently?

Check the vehicle speed sensor is e dey connected first, look down at the back of the air box to check

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrReeseG(m): 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2023
Hello

Please I'm in need of a car (V4 most preferably)...
I have a budget of 1.5m, I can max out at 1.7 (I'd rather 1.5 though, so I can do some repairs with the 200k).

Nothing heavy, mostly trips to and from work (Ajah to Lekki), might occasionally get on rida/indriver to do small hustle. Make AC dey, make e be leather seat (preferably, not compulsorily).
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ombudsman1: 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
MrReeseG:
Hello

I have a budget of 1.5m, I can max out at 1.7 (I'd rather 1.5 though, so I can do some repairs with the 200k).

Nothing heavy, mostly trips to and from work (Ajah to Lekki), might occasionally get on rida/indriver to do small hustle. Make AC dey, make e be leather seat (preferably, not compulsorily).

OSHEY! I FEEL YOU. FIRST OF ALL, JUST TRY BECOME FAMILY FRIENDS WITH AT LEAST TWO MECHANICS FOR YOUR AREA

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2023
MrReeseG:
Hello

You can get a 2005 Honda civic.

But it may not have a leather seat. Why are you particularly interested in a leather seat? You can buy leather seat cover.

Also, most low end utility cars like corolla and civic that meet your budget don't come with leather seats.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrReeseG(m): 9:24pm On Aug 09, 2023
Grupo:

You can get a 2005 Honda civic.

But it may not have a leather seat. Why are you particularly interested in a leather seat? You can buy leather seat cover.

Also, most low end utility cars like corolla and civic that meet your budget don't come with leather seats.

I thought so too.
The leather seat is just a personal preference, nothing particularly interesting.
Saw a couple on jiji that my mechanic is gonna help me check out tomorrow.
He checked a hyundai sonata earlier today, but its V6 and he has red flags about it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MrReeseG(m): 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ombudsman1:

OSHEY! I FEEL YOU. FIRST OF ALL, JUST TRY BECOME FAMILY FRIENDS WITH AT LEAST TWO MECHANICS FOR YOUR AREA

preferably, not compulsorily
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2023
MrReeseG:

preferably, not compulsorily

Success in your search

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by uncleck: 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2023
Good evening comrades. Please are there light weight AC Compressors that use less engine power?

My AC takes too much of engine power. While idling, the steering vibrates. On low speed especially on bad roads, the engine can go off. Sometimes it will cause overheating. It has one time damaged my alternator.

Although it chills quite well, the trouble is much. It's a manual 2005 Honda Civic
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by complexstuffs(m): 1:38am On Aug 10, 2023
Oga GAZZUZZ,

I want to tint my Toyota Corolla, what advice can you give me such as best material for tint that would be strong and last for a long time

cc
nurey
Diportivo
Kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:08am On Aug 10, 2023
frebor:

How the issue take start? You do any repair recently?

Check the vehicle speed sensor is e dey connected first, look down at the back of the air box to check

What you are pointing at, is the transmission input speed sensor, It is not responsible for cluster speed information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.