Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914492 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mejai(m): 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2023
15ssDRIVE:
Hello Boss,
I got one Audi Q5E 2021, once I drove through an area with busted water pipes. I made it through but the water got the engine messed up.

I bought a new complete engine from Audi . I am looking at brining a Mechanick from Nigeria to fix it . Air Peace fly here nonstop 3hrs.

Since this cars are hybrid and fully electronics wanna go for the best hand.

Kindly advise . #Ose Baba
Gazzuzz, na to pack ur bag and go. Remote diagnosis no go work. Are u going or goingn't? grin
U fit carry nurey join wink

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2023
mejai:

Gazzuzz, na to pack ur bag and go. Remote diagnosis no go work. Are u going or goingn't? grin
U fit carry nurey join wink

Naija never taya me

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:37pm On Aug 20, 2023
15ssDRIVE:
Hello Boss,
I got one Audi Q5E 2021, once I drove through an area with busted water pipes. I made it through but the water got the engine messed up.

I bought a new complete engine from Audi . I am looking at brining a Mechanick from Nigeria to fix it . Air Peace fly here nonstop 3hrs.

Since this cars are hybrid and fully electronics wanna go for the best hand.

Kindly advise . #Ose Baba

Engine is not gone.

Hydrolock will only mess up connecting rods and possibly valves. In rare cases cylinder walls will be marked.

I love Audi vehicles, drive is awesome, just that my love for them ends at driving grin

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:10am On Aug 21, 2023
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=125248261]

[color=#990000]

Engine is not gone.

Hydrolock will only mess up connecting rods and possibly valves. In rare cases cylinder walls will be marked.

I love Audi vehicles, drive is awesome, just that my love for them ends at driving grin

Ogami,
Wetin small pikin sabi? The Audi sales guy said that buying a new complete engine is the best decision. Driving the Q5E 2021 is awesome and maintenance is easy.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrygoat: 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2023
Main oil seal,top gasket oil seal. They need change
haykinzz:
So guys I’m using Camry spider 2014, hv been using the car for 2yrs bought it as toks. Whenever I service my car I do use good 5months before I start noticing any shortage in oil though I don’t travel only go to work and come back. Then recently due to some family stuff hv been traveling a lot this is the second time in space of 4 or 5 weeks I will be changing the oil. I first thought it was fake Mobil, I changed to hardex gold in 2 weeks after changing to hardex the oil level has almost gotten to the second line though hv been traveling a lot recently . Mechanic checked and said there was no leakage that it’s the way spider was built, it consumes a lot of oil. Please I need your opinions guys. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by goldencomets: 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
🙏 Please I need a good Benz rewire around Yaba. I’m having a parasitic drain. My tail left tail light is cracked and water rusted the light circuit.

I’ve replaced the circuit and everything is working fine, but my battery runs down if I park overnight and don’t drive the next morning.

Car model: C300 4matic 2009.

Suggestions are also welcomed.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
goldencomets:
🙏 Please I need a good Benz rewire around Yaba. I’m having a parasitic drain. My tail left tail light is cracked and water rusted the light circuit.

I’ve replaced the circuit and everything is working fine, but my battery runs down if I park overnight and don’t drive the next morning.

Car model: C300 4matic 2009.

Suggestions are also welcomed.
Goto Willoughby at oyigbo and ask of Alhaji Muri

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 8:10pm On Aug 24, 2023
nurey:

Naija never taya me
@gazzuzz, abeg waybill nurey with your tools.

We no want am for naija again.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
haykinzz:
So guys I’m using Camry spider 2014, hv been using the car for 2yrs bought it as toks. Whenever I service my car I do use good 5months before I start noticing any shortage in oil though I don’t travel only go to work and come back. Then recently due to some family stuff hv been traveling a lot this is the second time in space of 4 or 5 weeks I will be changing the oil. I first thought it was fake Mobil, I changed to hardex gold in 2 weeks after changing to hardex the oil level has almost gotten to the second line though hv been traveling a lot recently . Mechanic checked and said there was no leakage that it’s the way spider was built, it consumes a lot of oil. Please I need your opinions guys. Thanks
If your car uses or burn a liter of oil every 1600kms or 1000 miles, then you shouldn't worry.

It is fine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2023
Chief Gazzuzz I greet you specially. Please my car "engine maintenance required" light, flashes exactly 7 times when I turn the car on. I serviced my car 2 weeks ago changed oil and filter with the recommended oil weight. I used nordkapp 0W20. And I set my mileage counter trip A and B back to zero after servicing.

It's a 2012 Camry.

What could be the cause of this ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaziem(m): 12:11am On Aug 26, 2023
obidevine:
Chief Gazzuzz I greet you specially. Please my car "engine maintenance required" light, flashes exactly 7 times when I turn the car on. I serviced my car 2 weeks ago changed oil and filter with the recommended oil weight. I used nordkapp 0W20. And I set my mileage counter trip A and B back to zero after servicing.

It's a 2012 Camry.

What could be the cause of this ?

The vehicle manufacturer program the light to come on 5000 miles after previous oil change just to remind users of periodic oil change.
You will have to turn it off manually.

- Switch on the car, set the trip meter to Trip A and switch off the car.
- As the car engine is off, press and hold down the trip meter button (using your left hand).
- While still holding down the trip meter button, turn the ignition key to on position (without cranking the engine) and wait to observe the "Maint Req" light blinks a few times and go off.
You are done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCaoE1pD3_A?si=2cTaj29f3Rkau8Dr

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by WycliffeSMB(m): 6:57am On Aug 26, 2023
Good morning House!
Pls I used masking tape yesterday to hold a poster on my car for an event.
After removing the poster, I noticed lines of sticky gummy residues left by the masking tape.

Pls Does anyone have an idea of what I can use to safely remove those marks without harming the car paint?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obidevine(m): 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2023
kaziem:

The vehicle manufacturer program the light to come on 5000 miles after previous oil change just to remind users of periodic oil change.
You will have to turn it off manually.

- Switch on the car, set the trip meter to Trip A and switch off the car.
- As the car engine is off, press and hold down the trip meter button (using your left hand).
- While still holding down the trip meter button, turn the ignition key to on position (without cranking the engine) and wait to observe the "Maint Req" light blinks a few times and go off.
You are done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCaoE1pD3_A?si=2cTaj29f3Rkau8Dr

Thanks a lot this was really helpful as well

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ekakamba: 12:23am On Aug 27, 2023
WycliffeSMB:
Good morning House!
Pls I used masking tape yesterday to hold a poster on my car for an event.
After removing the poster, I noticed lines of sticky gummy residues left by the masking tape.

Pls Does anyone have an idea of what I can use to safely remove those marks without harming the car paint?

Use hydraulic to clean.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by joetoocute: 10:22am On Aug 27, 2023
Ekakamba:

Use hydraulic to clean.
hydraulic will destroy your paint. Add few drops of dish washer e.g morning fresh to water use a soft fabric to clean gently

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zeal2rhyme: 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hello bosses,

My 2014 camry coolant is empty. Kindly recommend a good pe-mix coolant for me.

All the supposed recommended OEM Toyota super long life coolant I'm seeing around seem to be fake ones
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2023
Zeal2rhyme:
Hello bosses,

My 2014 camry coolant is empty. Kindly recommend a good pe-mix coolant for me.

All the supposed recommended OEM Toyota super long life coolant I'm seeing around seem to be fake ones

Haha. And you are sure the premix you are going to buy is not fake?

By the way, better find out why your "coolant is empty."

Coolant is not supposed to leak or short if your cooling system is okay.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zeal2rhyme: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2023
Grupo:

Haha. And you are sure the premix you are going to buy is not fake?

By the way, better find out why your "coolant is empty."

Coolant is not supposed to leak or short if your cooling system is okay.

I just got the car about 3 months ago directly from US and the reservoir came empty. Even though there is no any warning sign on my dashboard, I don't want to take any risk because I don't know how much coolant is in the radiator itself but I could see the pink liquid whenever I remove the cap.

I've been driving it this way and no issue since then.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dozieson(m): 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
Zeal2rhyme:

I just got the car about 3 months ago directly from US and the reservoir came empty. Even though there is no any warning sign on my dashboard, I don't want to take any risk because I don't know how much coolant is in the radiator itself but I could see the pink liquid whenever I remove the cap.

I've been driving it this way and no issue since then.

Just buy the normal Toyota pink coolant. It is over 30k for 4 liters
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 1:13am On Aug 28, 2023
Dozieson:

Just buy the normal Toyota pink coolant. It is over 30k for 4 liters

30k for something I've been using my AC water for a long time now? Una get money to spend o

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haykinzz(m): 7:21am On Aug 28, 2023
nurey:

There is no camry spider 2014. The camry called spyder ran from 07 to 2011.

1. Tell us the year of camry you are using

2. Tell us what engine your vehicle is carrying.

3. If you dont have those info, snap the car and engine , upload and we can advice you.

So what is this Oga?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haykinzz(m): 7:26am On Aug 28, 2023
9icetoo:

If your car uses or burn a liter of oil every 1600kms or 1000 miles, then you shouldn't worry.

It is fine.

This is 5litres in just 2500miles. The oil gauge is already short. Had to call my mechanic to check it yesterday. He said everything is fine with the engine, no leakage or whatsoever . I’m confused. We changed the oil again to Mobil 2000 5litres
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 7:37am On Aug 28, 2023
haykinzz:

So what is this Oga?

Nobody dey follow you fight. Camry spider is 07 to 11 camry, yours is 12 to 16 model year and not known anywhere as spider.

Check your engine for external leakage

Check for internal leakage by keeping foot on accelerator and RPM at 3000 then check the exhaust if you notice smoke.

You said 5L burnt every 2500miles I believe you mean low oil guage every 2500miles?

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
haykinzz:

Stop using Hardex on your car. Get Mobil 1 from Gazzuzz or even Penzoil, Castrol Edge. Ordinary Nigerian Mobil 2000 is better than that rubbish Hardex.
Driving hard on a high mileage car will burn oil in most Japanese cars. Which is why you noticed the oil shortage on distant trips because you were stumping the accelerator like a pig on heat.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by remi4ever(m): 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2023
My LTFT is negative..

I do not have a cat converter, I also have a bad downstream sensor.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fbtowner(m): 9:48am On Aug 30, 2023
Good morning Guys and thanks for all you are doing.

Please I bought a 4plug accord 2008 in June from a dealer, I want to change the engine oil now as it’s short, I didn’t get any recommendations from the dealer as he just bought and kept from the last user I guess

My mechanic is recommending hardex gold. But it’s too expensive oo, please which other one can I use or must it be hardex gold.

Also, is it advisable to change bad o2 sensor when cat converter is not present?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by remi4ever(m): 10:02am On Aug 30, 2023
fbtowner:

Please I bought a 4plug accord 2008 in June from a dealer, I want to change the engine oil now as it’s short, I didn’t get any recommendations from the dealer as he just bought and kept from the last user I guess

My mechanic is recommending hardex gold. But it’s too expensive oo, please which other one can I use or must it be hardex gold.

Also, is it advisable to change bad o2 sensor when cat converter is not present?

I would suggest you change your upstream sensor. My car's mileage has increased since yesterday when i changed my upstream sensor.
As for your oil, try to get original mobil1 , it is expensive but good value for your money.
ps: I do not have a cat converter.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fbtowner(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2023
remi4ever:

I would suggest you change your upstream sensor. My car's mileage has increased since yesterday when i changed my upstream sensor.
As for your oil, try to get original mobil1 , it is expensive but good value for your money.
ps: I do not have a cat converter.

They said Mobil 1 is 45k. Haa. That’s costly oo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2023
fbtowner:

Just buy Mobil super 20W 50.

Don't go and pour synthetic oil inside that engine o.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fbtowner(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2023
Grupo:

Just buy Mobil super 20W 50.

Don't go and pour synthetic oil inside that engine o.

20W 50 or 5W 20 ?

I just bought Mobil super 2000 5W 30

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by remi4ever(m): 10:40am On Aug 30, 2023
fbtowner:

They said Mobil 1 is 45k. Haa. That’s costly oo

grin ;DI paid 39k sometime around march. I bought the USA own.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fbtowner(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2023
remi4ever:

grin ;DI paid 39k sometime around march. I bought the USA own.

That’s on the high side o. I poured the Mobil 2000 5W 30 already. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.