Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,516 members, 7,826,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (918460 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by complexstuffs(m): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2023
Please I also priced the following alloy rims and I don't know which to pick

Brand new Rim (Chinese made): 165K
Rim fairly used (German made): 124K
Rim Fairly used (Japan made) : 80K

I would have liked to pick the brand new ones but they don't really look so strong as much as the fairly used ones.

CC: GAZZUZZ
nurey
jceesquare
kaziem
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 7:22pm On Sep 02, 2023
complexstuffs:

I would have liked to pick the brand new ones but they don't really look so strong as much as the fairly used ones.

Used rim is better than chinese brandnew
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by remi4ever(m): 7:39pm On Sep 02, 2023
nurey:

No diagnosis for that, I don't understand not too smoth braking.

Either the brake sends a feedback or pedal vibrates when you press or

Brakeing causes vehicle to swerve to one side explain further

The swerving is what best describes my situation.. Although, it doesn't swerve per se.. I just feel like the tires are not in agreement.. 🤣 It's hard to explain.

Meanwhile, after fixing a toks O2 sensor.. How long before the ecu adjusts? Although my fuel consumption is balance now.. But I still get a negative LTFT reading.. About -6.7 for a 20km trip.

Secondly, when my front exhaust was leaking, the panel stuffed some net inside where my cat converter should. I want to ask him to remove it.. I feel its choking my engine..

No vex say my story plenty.. As I get your attention like this, I won utilise am well.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by complexstuffs(m): 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2023
nurey:

Used rim is better than chinese brandnew

Thanks so much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2023
complexstuffs:

CC: GAZZUZZ
nurey
jceesquare
kaziem
Go for used rim
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2023
remi4ever:

The swerving is what best describes my situation.. Although, it doesn't swerve per se.. I just feel like the tires are not in agreement.. 🤣 It's hard to explain.

Meanwhile, after fixing a toks O2 sensor.. How long before the ecu adjusts? Although my fuel consumption is balance now.. But I still get a negative LTFT reading.. About -6.7 for a 20km trip.

Secondly, when my front exhaust was leaking, the panel stuffed some net inside where my cat converter should. I want to ask him to remove it.. I feel its choking my engine..

No vex say my story plenty.. As I get your attention like this, I won utilise am well.
So many factors can be responsible for the LTFT value as the computer relies on several feedbacks from various sensors to keep the car running at the perfect ratio.
You might want to look at the airflow sensor and oxygen sensors readings on live scan then compare values with manufactures specs to know if anything is off.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by remi4ever(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
jceesquare:

So many factors can be responsible for the LTFT value as the computer relies on several feedbacks from various sensors to keep the car running at the perfect ratio.
You might want to look at the airflow sensor and oxygen sensors readings on live scan then compare values with manufactures specs to know if anything is off.

I have been looking for that manual.. I have the main manual is that where the values are?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 11:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
remi4ever:

I have been looking for that manual.. I have the main manual is that where the values are?
Google ideal manufactufer values and compare

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 7:54am On Sep 04, 2023
remi4ever:

Repair manual or search online.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by juwon06: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
Good day guys,
Please I need your diagnosis,

I have a 2010 corolla that seems to have an overheating issue.
bought it with the fan wired directly so recently I had it reset in July.
now the temperature guage rises a bit above middle point (about 60%) when the engine gets warm,
fan working intermittently as it should, also found out thermostat is missing
scanning sometimes reveals P0128, it comes and goes, the only other code is P0037 - oxygen sensor related

notable coolant loss but no coolant leak, although now that I think of it, I never actually fully filled the radiator since I bought the car late last year.
I also noticed that the coolant returns to the reservoir during sunny days

my mechanic suggested gasket replacement but I want to be absolutely sure it's the cause.

heard about combustion leak test for bad gasket,
where can I do that in Lagos? I'm around Maryland.

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2023
juwon06:
Good day guys,

now the temperature guage rises a bit above middle point (about 60%) when the engine gets warm,
scanning sometimes reveals P0128, it comes and goes, the only other code is P0037 - oxygen sensor related

notable coolant loss but no coolant leak, although now that I think of it, I never actually fully filled the radiator since I bought the car late last year.

my mechanic suggested gasket replacement but I want to be absolutely sure it's the cause.

Thank you
Start with the simple then move to the difficult.
1. Check your radiator cap
2. Coolant hose and pipes
3. Radiator
4. Water pump
5. Then gasket.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dozieson(m): 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2023
juwon06:
Good day guys,

Thank you

fill the radiator and reservoir then monitor the drop in coolant day by day, Dont open your engine anyhow. it may not return to its original state if handled by some kazeems

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Manuella4ace: 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2023
juwon06:
Good day guys,

Thank you

Replace your thermostat first.
And I think your problem would be solved.
Your coolant is just flowing freely without being controlled with the opening and closing of the thermostat at high and normal temperature, since you've confirmed that there's no thermostat, just replace it.

Also fill your radiator, and also fill the reservoir to the fill mark, try and bleed your cooling system.
To bleed, Start your car, switch your heater on to highest temperature, open the radiator cover, allow the car to steam the radiator fan should come on twice, then top up the radiator with coolant and close the cap, and your good to go.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by juwon06: 9:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
jceesquare:

Start with the simple then move to the difficult.
1. Check your radiator cap
2. Coolant hose and pipes
3. Radiator
4. Water pump
5. Then gasket.

my mechanic says 1- 4 are okay, I can confirm somewhere else though
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by juwon06: 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2023
Dozieson:

fill the radiator and reservoir then monitor the drop in coolant day by day, Dont open your engine anyhow. it may not return to its original state if handled by some kazeems

yeah I've started monitoring,
can't even rush into that yet
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by juwon06: 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Replace your thermostat first.
And I think your problem would be solved.
Your coolant is just flowing freely without being controlled with the opening and closing of the thermostat at high and normal temperature, since you've confirmed that there's no thermostat, just replace it.

Also fill your radiator, and also fill the reservoir to the fill mark, try and bleed your cooling system.
To bleed, Start your car, switch your heater on to highest temperature, open the radiator cover, allow the car to steam the radiator fan should come on twice, then top up the radiator with coolant and close the cap, and your good to go.

yeah I plan to buy the thermostat regardless as I want the cooling system to be in factory setting.
I'll run that test when I do, thanks.

mechanic says about 7k for thermostat, what do you all think about that price?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by LandoKingz: 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
Car gurus please help I recently noticed my break fluid is going on a daily based after I top it thenest day it will drup like 2cm from the max point I have checked all the for legs to find leaks have not seen and break is work well on slow and speed I don't know the cause of the hydraulic reduction I have used two cans in 2weeks I need advice car Toyota matrix 04.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by remi4ever(m): 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
LandoKingz:
Car gurus please help I recently noticed my break fluid is going on a daily based after I top it thenest day it will drup like 2cm from the max point I have checked all the for legs to find leaks have not seen and break is work well on slow and speed I don't know the cause of the hydraulic reduction I have used two cans in 2weeks I need advice car Toyota matrix 04.
.. Check Everything: Take a peek at your brake lines, master cylinder, brake calipers, wheel cylinders, and hoses. Look for any wet spots or signs of fluid.

Cap It Tight: Make sure the brake fluid reservoir cap is snugly sealed. A loose cap can lead to moisture getting in and fluid loss.

Brake Pad Bonus: While you're at it, give your brake pads and rotors a glance. Worn-out pads can strain your braking system.

Get a Pro Opinion: If you can't spot the leak or you're not sure what's going on, don't hesitate to get a mechanic to check it out. Brake fluid is vital for safety, and driving with a leak can be risky.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by LandoKingz: 6:07am On Sep 06, 2023
Thanks for the The contribution and advice.
remi4ever:
.. Check Everything: Take a peek at your brake lines, master cylinder, brake calipers, wheel cylinders, and hoses. Look for any wet spots or signs of fluid.

Cap It Tight: Make sure the brake fluid reservoir cap is snugly sealed. A loose cap can lead to moisture getting in and fluid loss.

Brake Pad Bonus: While you're at it, give your brake pads and rotors a glance. Worn-out pads can strain your braking system.

Get a Pro Opinion: If you can't spot the leak or you're not sure what's going on, don't hesitate to get a mechanic to check it out. Brake fluid is vital for safety, and driving with a leak can be risky.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by flex12(m): 3:18am On Sep 07, 2023
Dear All,

Please I'm experiencing a very bad fuel economy on my 07 Honda Civic. Full tank of fuel doesn't cover my work distance (Abule egba - VI) beyond two days.

Please I would appreciate advice on how to go about rectifying this as it is not sustainable at all.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dozieson(m): 7:07am On Sep 07, 2023
flex12:
Dear All,

Please I'm experiencing a very bad fuel economy on my 07 Honda Civic. Full tank of fuel doesn't cover my work distance (Abule egba - VI) beyond two days.

Please I would appreciate advice on how to go about rectifying this as it is not sustainable at all.

This is too much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2023
flex12:
Dear All,

Scan the car for fault codes. Also help with repair history when you're at it.
We can only help diagnose remotely with those feedback.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HenryWilliams(m): 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2023
Good afternoon..
I have an observation to share . Hopefully some can help .
Just purchased an Accord 07 model.
I have a complaint about the AC system.
Anytime the compressor picks.. it comes with a violent shudder which vibrates the car seriously..
I'm at a loss cos I've never experienced such high level vibrations coming from a compressor..
The AC chills well anytime any weather .
Just when the compressor picks..
What could be the issue?
Any opinions?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Onyeka90210(m): 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2023
HenryWilliams:
Good afternoon..
Anytime the compressor picks.. it comes with a violent shudder which vibrates the car seriously..
I'm at a loss cos I've never experienced such high level vibrations coming from a compressor..
What could be the issue?
Any opinions?
Check your engine mounts
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2023
HenryWilliams:
Good afternoon..
What could be the issue?
Any opinions?
Where is the RPM needle when it happens?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HenryWilliams(m): 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2023
jceesquare:

Where is the RPM needle when it happens?

Stable.. not a flicker..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by HenryWilliams(m): 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2023
Onyeka90210:

Check your engine mounts

My initial thoughts as well
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2023
HenryWilliams:

Stable.. not a flicker..
Check mounts as suggested
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by yommytino(m): 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2023
Dashboard cleaner

WycliffeSMB:
Good morning House!
Pls I used masking tape yesterday to hold a poster on my car for an event.
After removing the poster, I noticed lines of sticky gummy residues left by the masking tape.

Pls Does anyone have an idea of what I can use to safely remove those marks without harming the car paint?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Praxo(m): 4:17pm On Sep 09, 2023
Always at your service...

For the processing of medical report for your tinted car, I'm your best plug.

>>> CLICK HERE TO CHAT ON WHATSAPP <<<

or call. . . . 0 8 1 3 4 8 0 3 4 4 9
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SpeedRacer(m): 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2023
Good evening all, please I have a 2010 corolla and there's been noise coming from the frint suspension, I've replaced every defective part I've come across but the noise is still there ..om Thursday after replacing left side hub assembly , now the steering refuses to center back when yiu make a turn it won't return like before also there's a noise when you turn the steering sometimes and it feels harder especially from rest

I need help in diagnosing if the rack is bad before I go and waste money on it .
I've scanned the car and there are no codes even the emps module has no code please urgent help is needed

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.