Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912977 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 8:42pm On Jan 03
In this life. Never ever ring an engine. Sometimes it's not ringing.but stem seals from valve u ca imagine.i ringed an engine 2years ago. It refused to start after coupling.we did every.it later knocked 3months later.it wasn't rings.it was valve stem seals.they needed replacement. Small job of 8k with workmanship..turned to rings. See that engine don go. Sell the car fast.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 8:46pm On Jan 03
Begining of your problem. Id rather top oil than to ring engine.sorry bro the car don go.mechanic with rewire go soon scatter the whole car for u. Once engine is opened by quacks.e don be for that engine . Soon rewire go say fuel pump..relay...cold start...etc ..been thr and done that.in this life its better to top off engine oil than ringing.
Latestnignew:
Hello house. Please i need help. OP and anybody that can help. I carried my car give mechanic for ringing because one port is killing spark plugs so after he has adjusted the cramshaft to O2 and assembled the engine back but the engine refused to start. He called rewire and everything, the coil plug began to show ignition but now, immediately the car starts, it will turn off by itself. What could be the problem?? Pls help me maybe i can tell the mechanic to check it out. And also he is waiting for a person to come and run a car scanner on it.

Ps: before ringing, the car was working, i even drive it to his workshop.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Latestnignew(m): 8:53pm On Jan 03
Angrigowt:
In this life. Never ever ring an engine. Sometimes it's not ringing.but stem seals from valve u ca imagine.i ringed an engine 2years ago. It refused to start after coupling.we did every.it later knocked 3months later.it wasn't rings.it was valve stem seals.they needed replacement. Small job of 8k with workmanship..turned to rings. See that engine don go. Sell the car fast.

The car is toyota camry 06. When i was asking him how much is engine, he said 450-480k but today when the car did not start, he is telling me abi i will buy tokunbo engine, he said i will see the one of 350-400k and i told him but you said it is 480k for engine. I told him that why do you tell me you can ring it well if you know i can see tokunbo engine for 350-400k and after giving you like 90k out of 135k you demanded. So inside which acct shld i put that 90k. I left his place with annoyance. I told him I don’t need to buy engine, let him fix this one first because i want to sell it immediately. He told me he has called someone to come and scan it for him and if i get there tomorrow and nothing is done, i will start changing my voice for him so that he can know that i am getting serious with him. I dropped the car for him since 18 Dec 2023. Up till now, car no start. It is starting but immediately it starts, it shut off.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mattbass(m): 8:55pm On Jan 03
Quick one please, Peugeot 307, what could be the cause of white heavy smoke and mixing after engine oil was changed??. The previous oil used was Mobil but my bros changed it to seahorse lubricant oil and even added stop smoke oil due to the heavy smoke. I suggested he drains the oil out completely and return back to the previous Mobil he was using. He said the mechanic gave him and advice that the seahorse was better. Please any solution and his throttle doesn't respond fast or accelerate when pressed on.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mmadu5(m): 9:23pm On Jan 03
My GOOD people i salute una.. abeg recently i started noticing my car gets hot while driving on a sunny day and then stalls becomes difficult to start and move unless i wait awhile ... but when there is a no sun or hot weather i dont get this problem . pls my able mechanics in the house. what could be the problem and solution to this.

thank you God bless you ..

i will reward you with some tokens if your solution or advice works for me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 9:59pm On Jan 03
Well.u know it was just ringed. If it starting and shutting off immediately or its not doing slow. Then your fuel pump needs replacement.when its killing plugs. Its the valve stem seals. Everything is not piston rings unless the smoking is heavy...pls before u leave there. Tell the idiot to remove the cylinder head and change the valve stem seals.he shold alsogrind the valves to be smooth. If not the ringing go be waste...
Latestnignew:

The car is toyota camry 06. When i was asking him how much is engine, he said 450-480k but today when the car did not start, he is telling me abi i will buy tokunbo engine, he said i will see the one of 350-400k and i told him but you said it is 480k for engine. I told him that why do you tell me you can ring it well if you know i can see tokunbo engine for 350-400k and after giving you like 90k out of 135k you demanded. So inside which acct shld i put that 90k. I left his place with annoyance. I told him I don’t need to buy engine, let him fix this one first because i want to sell it immediately. He told me he has called someone to come and scan it for him and if i get there tomorrow and nothing is done, i will start changing my voice for him so that he can know that i am getting serious with him. I dropped the car for him since 18 Dec 2023. Up till now, car no start. It is starting but immediately it starts, it shut off.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 10:00pm On Jan 03
Your engine oil is leaking or the valve stem seals. Making the cabin of the car got cause its burning into the exhaust..im sure tour eyes will be burning too. Do u smell oil smoke
mmadu5:
My GOOD people i salute una.. abeg recently i started noticing my car gets hot while driving on a sunny day and then stalls becomes difficult to start and move unless i wait awhile ... but when there is a no sun or hot weather i dont get this problem . pls my able mechanics in the house. what could be the problem and solution to this.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 10:06pm On Jan 03
Tour valve stem seals are bad. They are leaki g oil into combustion chamber and getting burnt into the exhaust causing it to smoke heavily. No matyer the oil u use. It will still smoke. U can drain the old oil.flush the remaining with compressed air from vulcaniser..then when turning in the new oil.buy lucas stop smoke or any foreign one from 8k. Pls dont buy all those fake stop smoke of 1k 2k.it wont work.it only works on gold like colour of new engine oil and not black oil.
mattbass:
Quick one please, Peugeot 307, what could be the cause of white heavy smoke and mixing after engine oil was changed??. The previous oil used was Mobil but my bros changed it to seahorse lubricant oil and even added stop smoke oil due to the heavy smoke. I suggested he drains the oil out completely and return back to the previous Mobil he was using. He said the mechanic gave him and advice that the seahorse was better. Please any solution and his throttle doesn't respond fast or accelerate when pressed on.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Latestnignew(m): 10:08pm On Jan 03
Angrigowt:
Well.u know it was just ringed. If it starting and shutting off immediately or its not doing slow. Then your fuel pump needs replacement.when its killing plugs. Its the valve stem seals. Everything is not piston rings unless the smoking is heavy...pls before u leave there. Tell the idiot to remove the cylinder head and change the valve stem seals.he shold alsogrind the valves to be smooth. If not the ringing go be waste...

Make i no lie oo. He actually grind those valve. It took him like two days to properly grind it because as he was grinding it, he was putting fuel to see if it will leak. And he told me is about 2-3valve that is properly sealed. Could the problem be from fuel pump because when they turn on ignition and forget to plug it back to the throttle body, the fuel was coming out like tap ni.

I’m just waiting for the scanner guy to come. Will Scanner detect if it is fuel pump that is doing it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 10:13pm On Jan 03
Scanner cannot detect fuel pump. The fuel might be rushing like tap but might be weak. The things id advice u to do is ..get set of toks plugs..set of toks coil. Toks fuel pump. Toks wires of the coil.plug everything together.if provlem still persists then mechanic don scatter factory engine be that. Snd if it starts eventually. The sound at idle will be very high.as high as maybe 1500 to 1600rpm at idle cause its just been newly ringed. When u want to sell the engine. Go for engine swap.make sure where u r buying the engine.its confirmed toks engine and not reworked. And also make sure the seller does not accept nigerian used engine oh.cos if he does.he go carry another naija used engine as toks and give to u. Look for those that buy nigerianused engine.highest u go sell am na 70 to 80k max.
Latestnignew:

Make i no lie oo. He actually grind those valve. It took him like two days to properly grind it because as he was grinding it, he was putting fuel to see if it will leak. And he told me is about 2-3valve that is properly sealed. Could the problem be from fuel pump because when they turn on ignition and forget to plug it back to the throttle body, the fuel was coming out like tap ni.

I’m just waiting for the scanner guy to come. Will Scanner detect if it is fuel pump that is doing it

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mattbass(m): 10:14pm On Jan 03
Angrigowt:
Tour valve stem seals are bad. They are leaki g oil into combustion chamber and getting burnt into the exhaust causing it to smoke heavily. No matyer the oil u use. It will still smoke. U can drain the old oil.flush the remaining with compressed air from vulcaniser..then when turning in the new oil.buy lucas stop smoke or any foreign one from 8k. Pls dont buy all those fake stop smoke of 1k 2k.it wont work.it only works on gold like colour of new engine oil and not black oil.
Thank you so much. The stop oil he bought was 2k self . So, when all this is done there will be a stop right??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 10:20pm On Jan 03
Sure. There wpuld be a significant drop of stop smoke. U can go for resurs...lucas oul treatment or any foreign one. Check jiji .just type stop smoke engine additives.or use Google...drain out the useless old black oil .before drain it. Buy one can of engine flush.pour into the engine and run for good ten minutes.before u drain andrefil. When draining the oil.get a rag shirt or singlet.wrap it around the top of the keg or bucket where they want to drain the oil.so as to see the residues left at the surface of the rag...if u see metal particles or sludge ..then the engine don gather sludge.to make sure its mineral oil or synthetic oil.tell the mechanic to ope the valve cover.where u have the camshaft and timing chain. The colour of oil residues on the body of the cylinder head will give u a hint of oil being used in the engine before u got it. If its dark brown gold or light brown gold. Also go for thicker oil like 15w30 mobil.then use that thick lucas oil additive when putting the new oil. Make sure the engine is cold before u pour new oiland do not raise the acceleration . How will u know if it works. Cleanyour exhaust with a wet rag..the rag will turn black cos of carbon build up ..drive the car throughoutthat day. Then the followig day before u start the car
.go to the exhaust or muffler.dip your hand inside to see if u wil see heavy black powder carbon build-up or less carbon at the tip of the exhaust .that will tell u if it worked or not.
mattbass:

Thank you so much. The stop oil he bought was 2k self . So, when all this is done there will be a stop right??

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Latestnignew(m): 10:26pm On Jan 03
Angrigowt:
Scanner cannot detect fuel pump. The fuel might be rushing like tap but might be weak. The things id advice u to do is ..get set of toks plugs..set of toks coil. Toks fuel pump. Toks wires of the coil.plug everything together.if provlem still persists then mechanic don scatter factory engine be that. Snd if it starts eventually. The sound at idle will be very high.as high as maybe 1500 to 1600rpm at idle cause its just been newly ringed. When u want to sell the engine. Go for engine swap.make sure where u r buying the engine.its confirmed toks engine and not reworked. And also make sure the seller does not accept nigerian used engine oh.cos if he does.he go carry another naija used engine as toks and give to u. Look for those that buy nigerianused engine.highest u go sell am na 70 to 80k max.

Thank you for your help. Those plugs are sparking. All of them. I called him this night and explained to him about the fuel pump but he said we should wait for the scanner guy tomorrow that he will call me tomorrow.

I am also even thinking if we buy tokunbo engine, it might not even start self because this one he ringed start but shut off/ does not respond to rev. I am not buying engine. I will sell the car but i will tell the new buyer to get new engine.

Tomorrow, i will update you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mattbass(m): 10:36pm On Jan 03
Angrigowt:
Sure. There wpuld be a significant drop of stop smoke. U can go for resurs...lucas oul treatment or any foreign one. Check jiji .just type stop smoke engine additives.or use Google...drain out the useless old black oil .before drain it. Buy one can of engine flush.pour into the engine and run for good ten minutes.before u drain andrefil. When draining the oil.get a rag shirt or singlet.wrap it around the top of the keg or bucket where they want to drain the oil.so as to see the residues left at the surface of the rag...if u see metal particles or sludge ..then the engine don gather sludge.to make sure its mineral oil or synthetic oil.tell the mechanic to ope the valve cover.where u have the camshaft and timing chain. The colour of oil residues on the body of the cylinder head will give u a hint of oil being used in the engine before u got it. If its dark brown gold or light brown gold. Also go for thicker oil like 15w30 mobil.then use that thick lucas oil additive when putting the new oil. Make sure the engine is cold before u pour new oiland do not raise the acceleration . How will u know if it works. Cleanyour exhaust with a wet rag..the rag will turn black cos of carbon build up ..drive the car throughoutthat day. Then the followig day before u start the car
.go to the exhaust or muffler.dip your hand inside to see if u wil see heavy black powder carbon build-up or less carbon at the tip of the exhaust .that will tell u if it worked or not.
Thank you for the response. So the three major things are the Mobil oil, lucks stop oil and a can of engine flusher. Thanks so much
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Onyeka90210(m): 11:07pm On Jan 03
mattbass:
Thank you for the response. So the three major things are the Mobil oil, lucks stop oil and a can of engine flusher. Thanks so much
Before doing all that, you can check to see if the oil wasn’t over filled, since it only started after the oil change.
That’s a probable cause as well, as most Mechs just pour the 5 litres(5.3quarts) gallon, when most engines take about 4quarts (3.8litres).
That’s if the smoke is coming from exhaust.
As you didn’t specify where smoke is coming from.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mattbass(m): 11:42pm On Jan 03
Onyeka90210:

Before doing all that, you can check to see if the oil wasn’t over filled, since it only started after the oil change.
That’s a probable cause as well, as most Mechs just pour the 5 litres(5.3quarts) gallon, when most engines take about 4quarts (3.8litres).
That’s if the smoke is coming from exhaust.
As you didn’t specify where smoke is coming from.
Is coming from the exhaust
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Onyeka90210(m): 12:01am On Jan 04
mattbass:

Is coming from the exhaust
Alright
As it happened after an oil change you can consider that before going into deeper repairs, and also double check if it’s the correct oil weight, as a lighter weight oil will find it’s way past worn seals into the combustion chamber, so in most cases, it’s better to switch back to the oil weight that was previously used than to start diagnosing the engine for leaking seals which could be any from valve stem seals to piston rings.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Onyeka90210(m): 12:04am On Jan 04
mmadu5:

You never made mention of the temperature guage, if it goes to the H mark before stalling. (Engine overheat),
If it does but your radiator is working fine and coolant is okay, you may need to bleed the cooling system (radiator), that means remove the air trapped in it, as it can cause overheating issues.
However if the car doesn’t give any signs before stalling, I wouldn’t have an idea on that.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 6:20am On Jan 04
Angrigowt you're doing well sir grin

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by duos: 9:18am On Jan 04
Angrigowt Is no longer Angry 😎 2024 ✅

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mattbass(m): 11:09am On Jan 04
Onyeka90210:

Alright
As it happened after an oil change you can consider that before going into deeper repairs, and also double check if it’s the correct oil weight, as a lighter weight oil will find it’s way past worn seals into the combustion chamber, so in most cases, it’s better to switch back to the oil weight that was previously used than to start diagnosing the engine for leaking seals which could be any from valve stem seals to piston rings.
Okay sir. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PawsitiveBro(m): 11:50am On Jan 04
Using the right tyres for your vehicle is one of the ways to maintain your car and also safeguard your life and other road users.

That is why TyreBay is here to provide you with high quality tyres for cars and trucks.
DM me on WhatsApp for deal.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 7:18pm On Jan 04
jceesquare:

wow well done bro very insightful , almost thought I was reading gazzuzz or kingreign post. bless up angrigowt.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04
Angrigowt:

Izzz a lie!!!

So angrigowt na fellow patron of the kazeem college and e dey disguise since!

Well done o

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by David50: 10:10pm On Jan 04
jceesquare:

As in the guy is on fire.
keep it up

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mattbass(m): 10:24am On Jan 05
Angrigowt:
I did as you said and bought everything, there is a drastic change in the smoke. No longer smoking like before. In fact, I was told he should use it for days, it will go.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 10:37am On Jan 05
When u drained the oil. Was there sludge
What type of oil additives did u buy
mattbass:

I did as you said and bought everything, there is a drastic change in the smoke. No longer smoking like before. In fact, I was told he should use it for days, it will go.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mattbass(m): 10:54am On Jan 05
Angrigowt:
No sir according to the mechanic coz I asked him, I dropped the vehicle with him coz I had something to attend too urgently. Mobil super power 1000 20w50.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Angrigowt: 12:01pm On Jan 05
How much mobil. Okay were you the person who went to get the mobil
mattbass:

No sir according to the mechanic coz I asked him, I dropped the vehicle with him coz I had something to attend too urgently. Mobil super power 1000 20w50.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mattbass(m): 1:16pm On Jan 05
Angrigowt:
How much mobil. Okay were you the person who went to get the mobil
Yes I bought it 11,500 @4l
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 6:27pm On Jan 05
David50:

As in the guy is on fire.
keep it up
2024 do am well
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05
Angrigowt:
Engineer angrigowt well done sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.