Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912023 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 12:43pm On Mar 29
samuelson06:

An electrician came yesterday and dig out one transparent fuse—sort of big, joined wire to it and inserted it back. From there, light entered the car but it won't still start.

At first, it behaved like the problem was as a result of a low battery but even after changing it to a good one, the car still behaved same way. Lastly, he suggested we get a mechanic to try to turn the engine from the side and see if it's going to be free and if it turns, then the problem, according to him, will be the Kickstarter.

So, that's the situation for now.
What's stopping him from rolling the engine from the starter?
Why wait for the mechanic?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 12:48pm On Mar 29
jceesquare:

Hmmm! We never knew it's something that he could do. How's that done? We sef fit go try am o
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 2:52pm On Mar 29
jceesquare:

Did you replace pump with complete pump and assembly?
You might want to consider cleaning your tank too.
I didn't replace the complete pump sir.
Just the pump.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by saymatthew: 4:26pm On Mar 29
Good day everyone,
Please I am looking for Mobil 1 Filter for Honda Civic. The number is Mobil 1 M1-110 .
I have been searching online and in shops for this particular filter.
I will appreciate any information on where to get it.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 6:25pm On Mar 29
samuelson06:

An electrician came yesterday and dig out one transparent fuse—sort of big, joined wire to it and inserted it back. From there, light entered the car but it won't still start.

At first, it behaved like the problem was as a result of a low battery but even after changing it to a good one, the car still behaved same way. Lastly, he suggested we get a mechanic to try to turn the engine from the side and see if it's going to be free and if it turns, then the problem, according to him, will be the Kickstarter.

So, that's the situation for now.
You are already setting yourself up for the next big wahala. Big as in "set your car on fire" big.
When will you learn?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 6:26pm On Mar 29
jceesquare:

I would've called the electrician a kazeem, but he doesn't even qualify for that name.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 10:44pm On Mar 29
josephsm823:

Just the pump.
Your filter might be clogged.
Replace complete pump assembly, inspect tank for dirt and clean if dirty, then clean fuel like thoroughly.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:35pm On Mar 29
jinka:
Good day, I'm having issues with my car battery
I have used the battery for 3yrars without any problems, just last week I noticed that my battery usually run down anytime I park it for about 8hrs and above.
Now what I usually do is to remove the battery head when ever I park it, just recently I noticed it runs down too even after removing the battery head for long.

What could be the problem:
- not charging very well?
- something drains the battery in the car or ?
- the battery not good again?

Pls I need your reply, it has been frustrating me since last weak

The battery don try.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by azpekuliar: 3:34am On Mar 30
jinka:
I have used the battery for 3yrars without any problems, just last week I noticed that my battery usually run down anytime I park it for about 8hrs and above.
Now what I usually do is to remove the battery head when ever I park it, just recently I noticed it runs down too even after removing the battery head for long.

Battery wey you don use for 3 years? Oga go buy another battery.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by azpekuliar: 3:34am On Mar 30
saymatthew:
Good day everyone,
Please I am looking for Mobil 1 Filter for Honda Civic. The number is Mobil 1 M1-110 .
I have been searching online and in shops for this particular filter.
I will appreciate any information on where to get it.
Thank you.

Ebay/Amazon
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 10:50am On Mar 30
jinka:

Hmm.

Batteries are not meant to last forever na.

I'm sure your battery is one of those Chinese clones they claim are from Korea.

The battery has obviously gotten weak after three years. Just a buy a new battery. And rest.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Grupo(m): 10:55am On Mar 30
josephsm823:

Just the pump.

Then try replace the fuel pressure regulator or buy a complete fuel pump assembly if you can afford it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 12:44pm On Mar 30
Grupo:

Then try replace the fuel pressure regulator or buy a complete fuel pump assembly if you can afford it.

I will just do that boss.

Thank you so much.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by josephsm823(m): 12:44pm On Mar 30
jceesquare:

Your filter might be clogged.
Replace complete pump assembly, inspect tank for dirt and clean if dirty, then clean fuel like thoroughly.
Working on your advice.
Thanks Boss.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by quinSonia(f): 1:46pm On Mar 31
GAZZUZZ:

Small thing. Include more details of your car and it's issues

013 RX 350

The steering gets locked
🔐
Multiple things appearing on the dashboard
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by SmSolo: 8:21pm On Mar 31
Can someone please recommend a good mechanic for 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA at Abuja. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Fatbam005: 8:09am On Apr 02
My blood ask me to sell my 2010 corolla car that is full of problems, he added about 70% of cash for me to get another tokunbo 2008 corolla. I sent my part of the money to him and he got it for me. I was using it for bolt but the car dey drain fuel, I took it to rewire it was discovered the catalyst has been removed. I told my blood he said he always buy cars from the same dealer and has not seen any issue. Now I am confused as I am only working for passenger and bolt no profit
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 9:25am On Apr 03
quinSonia:

013 RX 350

The steering gets locked
🔐
Multiple things appearing on the dashboard
What is "multiple things"?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Macmilla(m): 9:38am On Apr 03
Fatbam005:
My blood ask me to sell my 2010 corolla car that is full of problems, he added about 70% of cash for me to get another tokunbo 2008 corolla. I sent my part of the money to him and he got it for me. I was using it for bolt but the car dey drain fuel, I took it to rewire it was discovered the catalyst has been removed. I told my blood he said he always buy cars from the same dealer and has not seen any issue. Now I am confused as I am only working for passenger and bolt no profit
The bold part is the only relevant part of this post. The rest is just stories that touch the kidneys. Only God knows what you mean by "my blood".

Your cat has been removed. If you need it back, then buy another one and put. But believe it or not, your catalyst has little or nothing to do with fuel economy. It is specifically for emissions control (reducing the bad gases released into the atmosphere).
Find out what is wrong with your car and have peace. Start by scanning the car cos I know there must be multiple errors codes.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Atolani11: 9:58am On Apr 03
Good morning.
So my Toyota corolla 2006 is jerking when u put the gear in drive. Also when i am accelerating...as it changes from gear 1 to 2, you ll feel the jerk(a kind of forward push).
I have heard the issue with my matrix before,and it was the gear mount that got broken,it was changed and the jerking stopped.
But now, the mechanic checked all the engine seat and gear mount and they are intact.
Transmission fluid is well gauged and pink.
Injector, fuel filter and plugs are fine.

However, we noticed that the bottom plate of the gear has hit ground before and slightly pressed inward.
The mechanic plan to open it and straightened it out, he said the gear might be forcefully drawing oil because of that.
He also said there's a worn up 'cup' beside the gear which he has packed.(that However didn't resolve the issue)
The jerk is just a bit exergerrated beyond the normal gear engagement you ll normally notice when you engage the gear.
From my previous experience....it shows thesame way it does with my matrix untill i changed the gear mount.
I was suprise this corolla isn't gear mount issue.

Please any plausible suggestions 🙏
GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Sannideen: 4:34pm On Apr 03
Please house, how do I fix P0012 error in my 2006 Toyota Camry. Please is it a very severe error?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Dpzeewonder: 4:34pm On Apr 04
NB:I don't know much about auto terminologies
Please i drive a Nissan Sunny ex saloon 2004 manual transmission.It happened that i was driving recently then i stopped in traffic,but i noticed my car was doing as if it was going to go off which prompted me to keep pressing the throttle just to keep the engine working.Thinking it was fuel,i bought more fuel then hit the road,this time around the car started jerking which i managed to drive it home.Later i took it to a mechanic's place to maybe increase what i understood as "SLOW",a move that got my car system destabilized completely because he first asked me to change my spark plugs,which i did,yet the problem persists,he loosen what he called Airflow meter,he loosen throttle cable.Once he starts the car,it will start normally and immediately the sound will reduce like the car will go off then picks up again.Since he did not get what's wrong,he disconnected a sensor telling me it the airflow meters that are beginning to go bad,immediately he disconnected the airflow meter above the compressor,the check engine sign came up.
To shorten the whole story,another mechanic looked at it yesterday who asked me to change fuel pump,buy injector cleaner,i did all these,yet no changes,he checked the sensors.While trying to check the crankshaft sensor located in a very difficult part of the engine,the car would not start again,when he tried to key in the sensor back as he was unable to remove it,the sensor broke,Now the sensor has been removed by a panel beater and i sent money for another one,when the car would not start he scanned it and he got a Crankshaft sensor error,Please what can you suggest with this whole story and experience of mine because this car is one car that does not give me issue but unfortunately am experiencing this at the moment.
Kindly help,thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 6:10pm On Apr 04
Dpzeewonder:
NB:I don't know much about auto terminologies
Please i drive a Nissan Sunny ex saloon 2004 manual transmission.It happened that i was driving recently then i stopped in traffic,but i noticed my car was doing as if it was going to go off which prompted me to keep pressing the throttle just to keep the engine working.Thinking it was fuel,i bought more fuel then hit the road,this time around the car started jerking which i managed to drive it home.Later i took it to a mechanic's place to maybe increase what i understood as "SLOW",a move that got my car system destabilized completely because he first asked me to change my spark plugs,which i did,yet the problem persists,he loosen what he called Airflow meter,he loosen throttle cable.Once he starts the car,it will start normally and immediately the sound will reduce like the car will go off then picks up again.Since he did not get what's wrong,he disconnected a sensor telling me it the airflow meters that are beginning to go bad,immediately he disconnected the airflow meter above the compressor,the check engine sign came up.
To shorten the whole story,another mechanic looked at it yesterday who asked me to change fuel pump,buy injector cleaner,i did all these,yet no changes,he checked the sensors.While trying to check the crankshaft sensor located in a very difficult part of the engine,the car would not start again,when he tried to key in the sensor back as he was unable to remove it,the sensor broke,Now the sensor has been removed by a panel beater and i sent money for another one,when the car would not start he scanned it and he got a Crankshaft sensor error,Please what can you suggest with this whole story and experience of mine because this car is one car that does not give me issue but unfortunately am experiencing this at the moment.
Kindly help,thanks.

Wait for the gurus to come and attend to u.
But when the issue started, first thing you would have done is to scan.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 6:33am On Apr 05
Fatbam005:
Post scan codes. That catalyst absence related to your fuel consumption is hogwash.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 12:10pm On Apr 06
GAZZUZZ:

Replace this part called the resistor, it is located in the location below

Hello boss, the problem isn't over. I'm sort of confuse sef. I found the component (see attached) and realized the blade lifted from where it should make contact as seen in the picture. So, I took it to a technician for soldiering. I ensured he used an original led wire to solder it, then I inserted back the unit and it worked, but before I drove from the guy's place to my house the blade had separated from the contact again and the plate/mirror area was sort of hot. What could be the problem?

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:15pm On Apr 06
samuelson06:

Hello boss, the problem isn't over. I'm sort of confuse sef. I found the component (see attached) and realized the blade lifted from where it should make contact as seen in the picture. So, I took it to a technician for soldiering. I ensured he used an original led wire to solder it, then I inserted back the unit and it worked, but before I drove from the guy's place to my house the blade had separated from the contact again and the plate/mirror area was sort of hot. What could be the problem?

I was very clear in my response.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:16pm On Apr 06
GAZZUZZ:

GAZZUZZ:

Replace this part called the resistor, it is located in the location below

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 3:36pm On Apr 06
GAZZUZZ:

I was thinking something else could be causing the soldering to detach. Or does it mean the thing is bad?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:11am On Apr 07
samuelson06:

There is a reason those contacts are not soldered.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 8:37am On Apr 07
GAZZUZZ:

There is a reason those contacts are not soldered.

Can you throw more light, please? Are you implying that if I get a new one the contact won't cut off?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by vivalavida(m): 9:35am On Apr 07
samuelson06:

Can you throw more light, please? Are you implying that if I get a new one the contact won't cut off?
Off course that is what he has been telling you since.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by samuelson06(m): 10:55am On Apr 07
vivalavida:

Off course that is what he has been telling you since.

Just wanted to be sure. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.