Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (912685 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (509) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obitobe: 11:59am On May 09, 2018
@GAZZUZZ, please do you have idea for the price of original Brake disc rotor for a toyota camry 2009 model and what is the make. thank you very much in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:54pm On May 09, 2018
obitobe:
@GAZZUZZ, please do you have idea for the price of original Brake disc rotor for a toyota camry 2009 model and what is the make. thank you very much in advance.

when you post the same thing too many times it is called spam.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obitobe: 2:15pm On May 09, 2018
@GAZZUZZ I was trying to get your attention, i didn't mean to Spam
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:56pm On May 09, 2018
obitobe:

65k OEM
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by makarios911: 2:14am On May 25, 2018
Good morning boss.
My 07 accord V6 hv learn bad character. I noticed that the car starts fine in the mornings but during the heat of the day or after driving for a long time, it won't start but all the dashboard lights will come on, however if I let it cool down for abt 30mins, it will start and work fine like no wahala. My mechanic thinks it's the kick starter, my electrician thinks kick starter is fine as the car starts fine wen the kick is bridged wit a wire connecting to the ba3 terminal (it's a pretty new ba3, abt a month old). Electrician still can't isolated the cause of the occasional failure to start. No error codes on the dash and my "baby scanner" doesn't pick anything either. I'm taking it in for further diagnosis tmrrw tho. Any ideas?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aeu1: 4:16pm On May 29, 2018
Lexus 5w 40 fully synthetic engine oil, SM rating is being sold for 5k in my town. I was amazed. It is made is Dubai. When I checked online, I discovered that Malaysians too were amazed by the cheap price there.
However, the container holds 4L and is soft.
Pls is this product ok generally and specifically for Toyota Corolla 99/2000.
NOTE : Presently, I'm using Hardex Eco full synthetic with 6months change interval.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:18pm On May 29, 2018
aeu1:
Lexus 5w 40 fully synthetic engine oil, SM rating is being sold for 5k in my town. I was amazed. It is made is Dubai. When I checked online, I discovered that Malaysians too were amazed by the cheap price there.
NOTE : Presently, I'm using Hardex Eco full synthetic with 6months change interval.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fake
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 5:04pm On May 29, 2018
aeu1:
]

Very fake as palm wine sold in Kano grin

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Timbuktu14(m): 4:31am On May 30, 2018
kingreign:
]

grin grin

I learnt the hard way. 5w40? 5k? Poster should better run!! grin cheesy

I have learnt the hard way. These synthetic oils do not come cheap at all!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ThatErha: 10:59pm On May 30, 2018
kingreign:
]

LOL.
This got me.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by NobleEngineer(m): 5:52pm On May 31, 2018
Gazzuzz, you see my gear ehn, my Gear atimes will be hard to shift from park. E go later shift o when you apply small muscle to take am to 'D or R'.. No be every time e dey do like dat. Just one in seven times....na normal thing abi na replacement loading
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ElvishKing: 9:05am On Jun 01, 2018
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2018
ElvishKing:
GAZZUZZ pls check your email. I need your expertise on some related issues. Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lilkech(m): 11:09am On Jun 01, 2018
makarios911:
Good morning boss.
My 07 accord V6 hv learn bad character. I noticed that the car starts fine in the mornings but during the heat of the day or after driving for a long time, it won't start but all the dashboard lights will come on, however if I let it cool down for abt 30mins, it will start and work fine like no wahala. My mechanic thinks it's the kick starter, my electrician thinks kick starter is fine as the car starts fine wen the kick is bridged wit a wire connecting to the ba3 terminal (it's a pretty new ba3, abt a month old). Electrician still can't isolated the cause of the occasional failure to start. No error codes on the dash and my "baby scanner" doesn't pick anything either. I'm taking it in for further diagnosis tmrrw tho. Any ideas?

Is your immobilizer (green key) icon flashing whenever you try to kick the car and it fails to start?

When mine was acting like yours I changed my WHOLE ENGINE FUSE BOX and it stopped ever since.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by makarios911: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2018
lilkech:

Is your immobilizer (green key) icon flashing whenever you try to kick the car and it fails to start?

When mine was acting like yours I changed my WHOLE ENGINE FUSE BOX and it stopped ever since.

I don't think so. But all the dash lights come on just like when the car is abt to start, just that there's no actual "engine trying to start sound" just silence. My electrician did a connection and it's working fine for now. He said the only downside is the car can now start enven tho the gear is on D or R. I guess it's suppose to only stat when the gear is on park.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ElvishKing: 1:33pm On Jun 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks. I will be reaching out to you shortly. Have a nice day ahead
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by laserjet: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
Good evening all.

I need the Car Gurus to help me on this.

I drive a Toyota Camry 2004 SE popularly known as “Big Daddy”. My car works in perfect condition with no “check engine” light on until recently I discovered that more often than not, when I am slowly backing up my car and turning (such as out of a parking space) I hear a "clunk". It sounds and feels like a suspension part that is under load is suddently being released. This only happens when I am backing up and turning.

Can anyone kindly explain what's going on.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
laserjet:
Good evening all.

I drive a Toyota Camry 2004 SE popularly known as “Big Daddy”. My car works in perfect condition with no “check engine” light on until recently I discovered that more often than not, when I am slowly backing up my car and turning (such as out of a parking space) I hear a "clunk". It sounds and feels like a suspension part that is under load is suddently being released. This only happens when I am backing up and turning.

Exhaust slapping the frame?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fullman(m): 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mr Gazzuz, please can I service my acura MDX 01 with Mobil 1 advanced fuel economy 0w20

Thanks
Gazzuz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by NobleEngineer(m): 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
Gazzuzz
NobleEngineer:
Gazzuzz, you see my gear ehn, my Gear atimes will be hard to shift from park. E go later shift o when you apply small muscle to take am to 'D or R'.. No be every time e dey do like dat. Just one in seven times....na normal thing abi na replacement loading
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
NobleEngineer:
Gazz.uzz, you see my gear ehn, my Gear atimes will be hard to shift from park. E go later shift o when you apply small muscle to take am to 'D or R'.. No be every time e dey do like dat. Just one in seven times....na normal thing abi na replacement loading

Car is fine, just pull your parking brakes up firmly before putting car in park, also put car in drive before releasing parking brakes.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:26am On Jun 03, 2018
laserjet:
Good evening all.

A bushing or mount?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seunoj: 12:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
Pls how can I achieve more ground clearance in my Toyota Camry 08 le. Currently using 215/60 16. Is there a way I can reasonably increase the heigh tnx
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
seunoj:
Pls how can I achieve more ground clearance in my Toyota Camry 08 le. Currently using 215/60 16. Is there a way I can reasonably increase the heigh tnx

215/65 16. That should help.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by laserjet: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Exhaust slapping the frame?

Yea but very faint slaps. U can hardly hear until u move near the exhaust.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by laserjet: 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
kingreign:

A bushing or mount?

Dunno sir which is why I’m asking.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
laserjet:

Yea but very faint slaps. U can hardly hear until u move near the exhaust.

Engine mount Front and Rear.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Abeytown: 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
Hello MrGazzus, I worked on my engine. Ringed the engine. I observed the tacheometer needle has been flunctuating. I m not sure if what could be the cause but I noticed that the cold start socket is detached(not plugged). The car is Nissan Primera 2001.
Plz what could cause the flunctuating needle.

Note: the thermostat was removed hence the cold start socket detached for the fan to run.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fullman(m): 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
fullman:
Mr Gazzuz, please can I service my acura MDX 01 with Mobil 1 advanced fuel economy 0w20

Thanks
Gazzuz

Mr Gazzuz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by NobleEngineer(m): 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 1stNumeroUno: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2018
Oga Gazzuz,

My bank type corolla has been shorting oil recently. To my amazement my mechanic said that's the early sign that the engine is going off.
I need advise, is there a type of oil you'll suggest for me now considering the new 'status' the car want to attain soon ( I use Mobil 1 presently).
Also, are there things I should watch-out for as I'm planning to travel this weekend (my first with the car).

Many thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (509) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.