Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (918806 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by luluspin(m): 10:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
Thanks bro, u made my day
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 05, 2018
Morning guys. I have a Toyota Avensis 2001 model. Just yesterday I opened the driver door and a constant beeping noise started. It stops when the door is closed or the battery removed. It only happens to the driver side. Please any help?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TireExpertNG: 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2018
The Importance of Wheel Alignment and Tyre Balancing

The Importance of Wheel Alignment and Tyre BalancingWheel alignment and tyre balancing are one of the most common auto repair services offered by technicians. One of the reasons for this is that it is a vital part of maintaining your vehicle and the importance of wheel alignment and tyre balancing in relation to the life of the tyres on your vehicle cannot be underestimated. Whether your wheels have been aligned correctly and your tyres are correctly, directly impacts on how often you will have to change the tyres on your vehicle.

As all motorists are aware, purchasing a quality set of tyres can be of a relatively high cost so it is beneficial to take every measure possible to ensure that a set of tyres last as long as possible. This means it is important that when you purchase a new set of tyres and fit them to your vehicle, you ask a mechanic to perform a wheel alignment to ensure that excessive tyre wear does not occur. This will ensure that your tyres will not wear out quickly and will save you having to change your tyres regularly.

Some motorists do not understand the importance of wheel alignment and tyre balancing and how this can affect tyre life, as well as possibly having an effect on other mechanical factors. So FMP Motors have provided you with the information on why regularly carrying out wheel alignment and tyre balancing can save motorists spending money on new tyres regularly.

The Importance of Wheel Alignment

It is very important that motorists get their wheels aligned to maximise the lives of their tyres as much as possible. Tyres that have not been aligned properly are more prone to excessive tyre wear and will result in you having to change your tyres a lot more regularly, resulting in you having to pay out costs that are unnecessary. Motorists will be able to tell if their wheels have not been aligned correctly when the vehicle will not move straight when the steering wheel is not being held. If this occurs, you should find a tire technician that can align your wheels as it could lead to some problems with your vehicle such as problems with your suspension and vibrations when you are driving.

When your tyres are not aligned, it can also put your safety at risk. Improper alignment of the vehicle’s wheels will also result in poor cornering and handing of your vehicle and this will make it less safe for the driver and its passengers, especially in icy and wet conditions. Also, drivers will have to make more of an effort driving the vehicle when the tyres are not aligned as the vehicle will tend to steer to one side which will mean that the driver will have to constantly correct it when driving. This means it requires an increase in concentration and effort at all times in order to drive safely and especially with long journeys, can result in the driver becoming tired quicker and become unsafe for everyone.

The Importance of Tyre Balancing

You will need tyre balancing as soon as you purchase new tyres for your vehicle. This process is performed in order to ensure that all of the tyres are balanced with the wheel weights to ensure the smooth running of each of the tyres. When there is an imbalance in your tyres, the steering wheel will rock back and forth as you drive, especially when you drive at a certain speed. When you notice this happening, you should contact a tire technician to fix the problem straight away as it can be very dangerous to drive with imbalanced tyres.

You will be able to tell that your tyres are not balanced when certain tyres are wearing at a faster rate than others. This means that your tyres are imbalanced and you will need to correct this as soon as possible. It is importance that all of your tyres are balanced as when they are not, you will start to feel vibrations when travelling at certain speeds and this is very dangerous for the driver and its passengers. These vibrations also result in stress being created in the lower ball joints, axles and other essential parts of the vehicle. This increased stress on these parts will lead to them wearing at a faster rate and will mean you will have to replace these parts a lot sooner than you would have had to with balanced tyres.

Unbalanced tyres will also result in an increase in the tyre wear. This is because to compensate for the added stress on the tyres that the imbalance has created, the tyres start to wear from the edges, whereas with balanced tyres, they will wear from the middle. When this occurs, it will mean that you will have to change your tyres as they will no longer provide you with the necessary grip to drive safely.

So when you notice that either your wheels are not aligned correctly or an imbalance with your tyres, ensure that you find a mechanic that you can trust to address the issue as it will result in an increase in excessive tyre wear and more importantly but yours and others safety at risk.

At TireExpertNG we work with a wide network of garages and car dealers as well as individual car owners to provide the best quality car parts such as high quality tyres for used cars as well as training and advice on the importance of wheel alignment and tyre balancing

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gbope(m): 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2018
Good afternoon house...I have a 2000 sienna that has started to consume water excessively. Every morning before I drive out I fill the radiator up and then fill the reservoir container up to midway point. By the following morning, the reservoir will be totally empty and the water level in the radiator will also be be down. And I see no leaks after checking every where . Pls what could be the cause? There's no overheating whatsoever as long as water is there. Its discouraging me from buying coolant cos I can't just be wasting money on coolant daily. Cc Gazzuzz and co.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gbope(m): 2:50pm On Sep 06, 2018
The bottle water I now carry about in my bonnet as a result.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2018
gbope:
Good afternoon house...I have a 2000 sienna that has started to consume water excessively. Every morning before I drive out I fill the radiator up and then fill the reservoir container up to midway point. By the following morning, the reservoir will be totally empty and the water level in the radiator will also be be down. And I see no leaks after checking every where . Pls what could be the cause? There's no overheating whatsoever as long as water is there. Its discouraging me from buying coolant cos I can't just be wasting money on coolant daily. Cc Gazzuzz and co.

check waterpump.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gbope(m): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

check waterpump.
Will do that but hope there's no possibility of water entering the engine cos that scares me. cry
GAZZUZZ:

check waterpump.
Will do that but hope there's no possibility of water entering the engine cos that scares me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 5:06pm On Sep 06, 2018
gbope:

I believe you have a leak.
If you are using coloured coolant, the leak will be easier to locate.

gbope:

Will do that but hope there's no possibility of water entering the engine cos that scares me. cry

If water is entering the engine, you should have white smoke from you exhaust
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gbope(m): 9:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
Thanks @ Bigkendo...No white smokes at all.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 2:24am On Sep 07, 2018
Hi House,
Pls i need your advice. I just changed the fan in my car but the new one blows faster so my temperature gauge barely gets to quarter level now. In fact it only gets to quarter when i use AC.
I would like to know if driving the engine at such a low temperature is advisable.
cc Gazzuzz Autoelectng
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaseunla(m): 5:41am On Sep 07, 2018
olumzzz:
Hi House,
Pls i need your advice. I just changed the fan in my car but the new one blows faster so my temperature gauge barely gets to quarter level now. In fact it only gets to quarter when i use AC.
I would like to know if driving the engine at such a low temperature is advisable.
cc Gazzuzz Autoelectng

Driving with the low temperature will make the car consume more fuel short term, long term, it can accelerate blockage of catalysts, and can cause damage to engine.

There is likely no thermostat in your car, or it is stuck open. Fix a good one, check for overheating issues after that, if none, your car should be back to normal.

On the issue of fan blowing faster, its possible that when the new fan was installed, it was wired to be on permanent high speed.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tugrow(m): 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
Please my car got hit by a damfo driver this night, pleaee who can recommend a good body panel and spraying technician workshop for the repairs

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by k2kay(m): 11:13am On Sep 08, 2018
Morning All, pls I need urgent reply concerning how long it takes for fans in a car to begin spinning cos this kazeem came to clean my injector throttle body this morning and said the fan is supposed to spin after a few minutes. I had to stand very firm for him not to remove my thermostat.

I noticed fan spins when I put on AC and goes off when I put it off. So how long is normal without AC for it to spin cos he succeeded in scaring the hell out of me. I drive an accord 05.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:18am On Sep 08, 2018
k2kay:
Morning All, pls I need urgent reply concerning how long it takes for fans in a car to begin spinning cos this kazeem came to clean my injector throttle body this morning and said the fan is supposed to spin after a few minutes. I had to stand very firm for him not to remove my thermostat.

I noticed fan spins when I put on AC and goes off when I put it off. So how long is normal without AC for it to spin cos he succeeded in scaring the hell out of me. I drive an accord 05.

wetin concern throttle body/injector cleaning with fan? Was the car overheating before he came? Make unna mind unna business o!

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by k2kay(m): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

wetin concern throttle body/injector cleaning with fan? Was the car overheating before he came? Make unna mind unna business o!
He cleaned the throttle body because the idle was stalling a bit. Only for him to bring my attention to the fan that it was supposed to start spinning within a few minutes that the thermostat needs to be removed. I vehemently refused and we argued for sometime over it. The car has NOT and NEVER overheated before even till now but he has succeeded in scaring me about the fan. Sir, when are fans supposed to spin without AC being used?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by effjay(m): 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
Morning experts, please i dont want to be scammed oooo.....pls how much or price range are the ffg for Camry 08/10 (muscle)
* A new kick start
* Alternator
* single-both driver/passanger side and the set of Head light (yellow or white)
* Tk side mirrors

Kindly assist its my first time in the car responsibility so to say sirs.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
k2kay:

He cleaned the throttle body because the idle was stalling a bit. Only for him to bring my attention to the fan that it was supposed to start spinning within a few minutes that the thermostat needs to be removed. I vehemently refused and we argued for sometime over it. The car has NOT and NEVER overheated before even till now but he has succeeded in scaring me about the fan. Sir, when are fans supposed to spin without AC being used?

It takes about 20-25mins for my fans to spin without the a/c on on a cold day
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by k2kay(m): 3:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

It takes about 20-25mins for my fans to spin without the a/c on on a cold day
Thanks sir, will watch it.

MODIFIED***
after driving round for like 15 mins, the fans started spinning on their own.. had i given in to fear early this morning after kazeem's preaching, i would prolly have signed a death warrant for my car.. Thanks a bunch sir.

***please whats that continuous clicking sound when key is in ignition (ON) before turning to start?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2018
effjay:
Morning experts, please i dont want to be scammed oooo.....pls how much or price range are the ffg for Camry 08/10 (muscle)
* A new kick start
* Alternator
* single-both driver/passanger side and the set of Head light (yellow or white)
* Tk side mirrors

Kindly assist its my first time in the car responsibility so to say sirs.

For the starter motor and Alternator, if you want to get brand new parts, call this numb 0803 419 7461 , for Body parts call this number. 0802 233 9595

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by asids55: 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
tugrow:
Please my car got hit by a damfo driver this night, pleaee who can recommend a good body panel and spraying technician workshop for the repairs

Thanks

did you get any recommendations?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tugrow(m): 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
asids55:

did you get any recommendations?
yes have gotten, pls you can drop urs for plan b
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TireExpertNG: 6:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
Wheel Balancing & Alignment Technician at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited
Posted on: 27 July, 2018 Deadline: 31 August, 2018
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical View All Jobs at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited
Subscribe to free job alerts
Type Your Email...

If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Weststar Vehicle Care Limited - We are a registered Nigeria Auto Service Company that provides all your auto repair needs.

Wheel Balancing & Alignment Technician

Job TypeFull Time
Qualification
Experience 5 years
LocationLagos
Job FieldEngineering / Technical

Requirements

Candidates must be certified with at least five years experience in the tyre services business.
Must Have a Valid Driver's License.
Must be using an up to date computerised Alignment Machine.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications and Curriculum Vitae to: info@weststarvehiclecare.com

YOU CAN STILL APPLY

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tugrow(m): 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hello room, please I drove my hyundai sonata 06 while rain was failing, I experienced this after I enter some a road that was filled with water, the car was not moving smoothly anymore rather it moved slowly but was firing high, it later stop but continue I observe again today... Please what could be the cause?

cc;Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haykay2005: 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hi gazzuz. My Toyota camry 1999 model consumes so much fuel. I cover an average of 216 miles on a full tank(70 litres). That's an average of 12mpg in the city. fair on the highway though...its unbelievable. My engine light is not ON and the car runs very smoothly. My engine is 4 plugs
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frangaddy: 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hi gazzuzz, I travelled wit a friend's gx470 jeep yesterday I noticed d jeep was not moving after like 2hrs journey, it was stuck on one gear, not selecting on till I av to put it off and start again and was now working well
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by k2kay(m): 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mr Gazzuzz, thanks for your reply the last time, my car is at it again. The key won't come out of ignition after use unless I remove the battery head. What could be wrong
Its an 05 Honda accord
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:26am On Sep 10, 2018
frangaddy:
Hi gazzuzz, I travelled wit a friend's gx470 jeep yesterday I noticed d jeep was not moving after like 2hrs journey, it was stuck on one gear, not selecting on till I av to put it off and start again and was now working well

scan engine and transmission
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:27am On Sep 10, 2018
k2kay:
Mr Gazzuzz, thanks for your reply the last time, my car is at it again. The key won't come out of ignition after use unless I remove the battery head. What could be wrong
Its an 05 Honda accord

contact locksmith.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:28am On Sep 10, 2018
tugrow:
Hello room, please I drove my hyundai sonata 06 while rain was failing, I experienced this after I enter some a road that was filled with water, the car was not moving smoothly anymore rather it moved slowly but was firing high, it later stop but continue I observe again today... Please what could be the cause?

cc;Gazzuzz

Cars are not designed to swim, find where the water went to and clean it out
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:29am On Sep 10, 2018
TireExpertNG:
Wheel Balancing & Alignment Technician at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited
Posted on: 27 July, 2018 Deadline: 31 August, 2018
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical View All Jobs at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited
Subscribe to free job alerts
Type Your Email...

If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Weststar Vehicle Care Limited - We are a registered Nigeria Auto Service Company that provides all your auto repair needs.

Wheel Balancing & Alignment Technician

Job TypeFull Time
Qualification
Experience 5 years
LocationLagos
Job FieldEngineering / Technical

Requirements

Candidates must be certified with at least five years experience in the tyre services business.
Must Have a Valid Driver's License.
Must be using an up to date computerised Alignment Machine.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications and Curriculum Vitae to: info@weststarvehiclecare.com

YOU CAN STILL APPLY

SCAM disregard
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34am On Sep 10, 2018
haykay2005:
Hi gazzuz. My Toyota camry 1999 model consumes so much fuel. I cover an average of 216 miles on a full tank(70 litres). That's an average of 12mpg in the city. fair on the highway though...its unbelievable. My engine light is not ON and the car runs very smoothly. My engine is 4 plugs

360km in town... seems fair if you factor age of the car and traffic conditions. you should scan it, seems the check engine light bulb is burnt grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.