Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915829 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayanfeeledumare: 11:15am On Oct 10, 2018
Hi Gazuzz,

Please how much can i get a complete exhaust pipe for RX 300.
I will also like to have your contact details. you may send to farinkay@yahoo.com

Thank u.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by danberg: 7:28am On Oct 11, 2018
Please, Gurus in the house.

I recently purchased a registered Honda Pilot '04 model and need to carry out complete servicing.
Kindly, recommend the right engine oil, ATF, brake oil, power steering oil.

I would also like to know if you can recommend an A/C expert in Ibadan. Other contributions of gurus in the house are welcome.

Thanks in advance guys!
Cc: radautoworks luvinhubby zizzo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by luvinhubby(m): 7:40am On Oct 11, 2018
danberg:

I recently purchased a registered Honda Pilot '04 model and need to carry out complete servicing.

I would also like to know if you can recommend an A/C expert in Ibadan. Other contributions of gurus in the house are welcome.

Thanks in advance guys!

Transmission - DW1
Engine oil - 5W-20 or 5W-30 if mileage is high
Steering - Honda PSF
brake - Dot3 hydraulic fluid.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:52am On Oct 11, 2018
ayanfeeledumare:
Hi Gazuzz,

Please how much can i get a complete exhaust pipe for RX 300.
I will also like to have your contact details. you may send to farinkay@yahoo.com

Thank u.

ask uche. 0703 054 7046
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayanfeeledumare: 9:00am On Oct 11, 2018
Thank you.

GAZZUZZ:

ask uche. 0703 054 7046
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by danberg: 9:12am On Oct 11, 2018
luvinhubby:

Transmission - DW1
Engine oil - 5W-20 or 5W-30 if mileage is high
Steering - Honda PSF
brake - Dot3 hydraulic fluid.

Thanks bro
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wilblessed: 9:38am On Oct 11, 2018
Gurus in d house pls I need your assistance, my Honda accord 2001 (baby boy) suddenly refuse to to raise in motion and sometimes it just go off,I took it to my mechanic and he told me to we need to change your two censors in which we did,but suddenly it still continues, yesterday my car suddenly refuse to start.what might be the cause cuz its really given sleepless night.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Paulhosa99(m): 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hi Gazzuz....can I get just one these rims? Any idea bro?

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2018
danberg:

Thanks in advance guys!

Fluid specs for all your car's systems.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by danberg: 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2018
radautoworks:

Fluid specs for all your car's systems.
Thanks Madam Rad
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
danberg:

Thanks Madam Rad

Yw
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 2:36am On Oct 12, 2018
Good day Gazzuz, I am still expecting a reply to my query, I previously asked you the question on the other thread " when it's time to return to factory specs" you asked me to ask the question on this thread which I did.

Also, I would like to know how to test if an IACV is working at the point of sale? cos I got one from ladipo, put it in my vehicle, but the problem still persists....

Also, how do one test a tokunbo knock sensor to know if it's okay at d point of sale?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:56am On Oct 12, 2018
kcbaba007:
Good day Gazzuz, I am still expecting a reply to my query, I previously asked you the question on the other thread " when it's time to return to factory specs" you asked me to ask the question on this thread which I did.

Also, I would like to know how to test if an IACV is working at the point of sale? cos I got one from ladipo, put it in my vehicle, but the problem still persists....

Also, how do one test a tokunbo knock sensor to know if it's okay at d point of sale?

Thanks

IAVC, has an electronic motor and a mechanical valve. Testing the IACV is possible, but if you are able to understand it, you would not be on this thread.

The knock sensor produces A.C voltage when it vibrates, tap repeatedly and see if you can generate about 5v a.c, again if you can do this, you will not be on this thread.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by e90(m): 11:08pm On Oct 12, 2018
Goodday House,
Pls, I want to know between Lexus es300 2004 model and Toyota Camry 2005 model. Which one will be more economical and easy to maintain for a beginner. Thanks. Pls advice needed so as to make wise decisions
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Machini(m): 9:14am On Oct 13, 2018
e90:
Goodday House,
Pls, I want to know between Lexus es300 2004 model and Toyota Camry 2005 model. Which one will be more economical and easy to maintain for a beginner. Thanks. Pls advice needed so as to make wise decisions

The Toyota Camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by e90(m): 11:08am On Oct 13, 2018
Thanks,machini,for the advise.
Machini:

The Toyota Camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by alhacq(m): 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2018
Gurus in the house, Pls I have Nissan Almera 2005. I just discovered that when I started the car in the morning and I want to move the car it will start to jerking continuously and it got to the extent that I was told that it was the Brain box ( Which I have replaced with plug coil ) but its still experiencing the same issue.

I was told last week that the brain box might also be damage again (not up to 2 months that I changed the previous one), pls guys help me with the right solution to this cos I don't want guessing method again.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2018
alhacq:
Gurus in the house, Pls I have Nissan Almera 2005. I just discovered that when I started the car in the morning and I want to move the car it will start to jerking continuously and it got to the extent that I was told that it was the Brain box ( Which I have replaced with plug coil ) but its still experiencing the same issue.

I was told last week that the brain box might also be damage again (not up to 2 months that I changed the previous one), pls guys help me with the right solution to this cos I don't want guessing method again.

Thanks for your response.
Post VIN of the car, snapshot of the labels on the two brain boxes, and any error codes if you ever attempted to get one.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2018
Boss, that is why am on this thread, to learn, pls, tell me how to check for a good IACV, my car has been idling high, between 1500-2000rpm, this is the 3rd IACV I am changing, yet, no difference, I unplugged d present IACV,
and tried to manually reduce the rpm in order to confirm that I don't have any vacuum leak, and I was able to bring it down to between 1000-1300rpm, this shows that d problem is from the IACV, just my assertion though, abi, wetin I know when I HV plenty gurus in the house

Abeg, help a broda in need. Thanks and God bless. More so, oga gazzuz and other car techs in the house, my previous query has not received answer o! Abeg o, make una answer me, you might be saving someone's life by doing so. Thanks again

GAZZUZZ:

IAVC, has an electronic motor and a mechanical valve. Testing the IACV is possible, but if you are able to understand it, you would not be on this thread.

The knock sensor produces A.C voltage when it vibrates, tap repeatedly and see if you can generate about 5v a.c, again if you can do this, you will not be on this thread.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AtchenyAutos(m): 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2018
Nice thread
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 12:38am On Oct 14, 2018
kcbaba007:
Boss, that is why am on this thread, to learn, pls, tell me how to check for a good IACV, my car has been idling high, between 1500-2000rpm, this is the 3rd IACV I am changing, yet, no difference, I unplugged d present IACV,
and tried to manually reduce the rpm in order to confirm that I don't have any vacuum leak, and I was able to bring it down to between 1000-1300rpm, this shows that d problem is from the IACV, just my assertion though, abi, wetin I know when I HV plenty gurus in the house

Abeg, help a broda in need. Thanks and God bless. More so, oga gazzuz and other car techs in the house, my previous query has not received answer o! Abeg o, make una answer me, you might be saving someone's life by doing so. Thanks again

Thank God, olisa m'binigwe thanks sir, problem was eventually solved I was able to fix the car today, even without getting any other IACV, I and my partner worked together and eventually found a solution to it. RPM back to normal.

I appreciate Gazzuz for putting up.this thread, and thumbs up for all d car techs here for contributing in solving people's problem, you all are partners in progress and success.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Successisaac19: 9:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
Hello Gazzuz, I am about to take a dodge grand caravan 2003 on hire purchase,what is your advice sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59am On Oct 16, 2018
Successisaac19:
Hello Gazzuz, I am about to take a dodge grand caravan 2003 on hire purchase,what is your advice sir

in fela's words..... "I see sorrow tears and blood"
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mayor999: 8:53pm On Oct 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

GAZZUZZ pls kindly assist me ..my Camry 2010 makes a cranky noise each tym I steer the wheel and when am in a bad road pls what could possibly be wrong n what's the rough estimate of fixing the possible cause.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
mayor999:
GAZZUZZ pls kindly assist me ..my Camry 2010 makes a cranky noise each tym I steer the wheel and when am in a bad road pls what could possibly be wrong n what's the rough estimate of fixing the possible cause.

This Diagnosis is not possible remotely. Pls visit a workshp
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by johndill419: 11:42pm On Oct 16, 2018
Car maintenance needs to be monitored very well. I ran my car and my air conditioner broke in it, so it became a big problem for me. I had to order new parts from another country, wait for their arrival, and there were problems at customs, I even had to contact https://clearitusa.com/ for help filling out the documents. Now I concluded that I will send the car to the service more often.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Successisaac19: 4:19am On Oct 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

thanks for your advice today,im grateful
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kamalu5258(m): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Successisaac19:
thanks for your advice today,im grateful
Please how feasible is it to convert the automatic gearbox of Infiniti G35 to manual Gearbox, I really love to feel the power on that ride with a manual tyranny
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kamalu5258(m): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
Gazzuzz Please how feasible is it to convert the automatic gearbox of Infiniti G35 to manual Gearbox, I really love to feel the power on that ride with a manual tyranny
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
Kamalu5258:
Gazzuzz Please how feasible is it to convert the automatic gearbox of Infiniti G35 to manual Gearbox, I really love to feel the power on that ride with a manual tyranny

cc: costee
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kamalu5258(m): 2:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
@costee please I need your input on the G35 automatic to manual conversion, I want to know of it's possible or I should just go in search of a manual
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
Kamalu5258:
@costee please I need your input on the G35 automatic to manual conversion, I want to know of it's possible or I should just go in search of a manual
Such mods are needless; might as well get yourself an M/T. And talking about M/T, that power train is certainly moribund. Even the conventional A/T is itself ultimately going to be taken over by CVT. The G35 is, ipso facto, a power driver, A/T or M/T.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.