Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (910842 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BuyACar(f): 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2018
shocked

Wow there are really a lot of wonderful threads on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mike1974(m): 10:49am On Oct 25, 2018
For Swift Stockbroking Seamless Platforms Solutions
For Swift Mobile Trading App Solution/OMS- You could buy and sell yourselves and
For Swift General Investment/Settlement/Advisory Services
Please contact; molorunyemi@gruenecapital.com, olorunyemi@gmail.com, 08101223958 (SMS/What’s App)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by traderguy: 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
Call for mobile mechanic in lekki,, 09031533342 we will come to you for all cars repair and maintenance
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2018
traderguy:
Call for mobile mechanic in lekki,, 09031533342 we will come to you for all cars repair and maintenance

I do not subscribe to your mode of business, you should have a workshop where clients can meet you. You are able to leave clients hanging without any repercussions , all you have to do is turn off your phone, Do not advertise on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Chechem: 2:05pm On Oct 26, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Banks use them as their pool cars and marketing vehicles, always never in good shape. Ensure you get to drive it and Inspect properly .
Okay Sir. Thanks alot
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chuks04: 10:39am On Oct 27, 2018
Goodmorning house, Oga gazzuzz and other gurus in-house,

I have been using this Honda city 2007 model for a while but recently I noticed that after staying long on traffic the high temperature sign will start flashing on the dashboard and eventually the car engine will stop running, and after 5 minutes or more it will start again.

Each time this happens, as the engine get cold I check the water on the radiator and that of reservoir, I noticed that the coolant water is always intact never shorts.

Tlhe two fans blows very well, the thermostat works well because when I first noticed this issue, I removed the thermostat and did a test on it to confirm if it actually working well. It was all good.

Pls I need advice on how to tackle this issue.

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lenzy: 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hello GAZZUZZ,
Kindly help my accord 03 tranny is having issues. If I engage R before D, D will not select well, D only selects well if I start the car and engage D straight.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2018
chuks04:
Goodmorning house, Oga gazzuzz and other gurus in-house,

I have been using this Honda city 2007 model for a while but recently I noticed that after staying long on traffic the high temperature sign will start flashing on the dashboard and eventually the car engine will stop running, and after 5 minutes or more it will start again.

Each time this happens, as the engine get cold I check the water on the radiator and that of reservoir, I noticed that the coolant water is always intact never shorts.

Tlhe two fans blows very well, the thermostat works well because when I first noticed this issue, I removed the thermostat and did a test on it to confirm if it actually working well. It was all good.

Pls I need advice on how to tackle this issue.

Thanks.

check the waterpump blades

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chuks04: 6:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

check the waterpump blades

Thanks boss I will check that and revert.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by damyde(m): 2:24am On Oct 28, 2018
Oga GAZZUZZ,
On my 2010 KIA Optima, when started in the morning it doesn't supply current to the 3rd plug - as identified by auto electrician (changed plug and coil, no way), auto electrician said it's a brain box issue, unfortunately if I drive the car for like 10/15mins the problem goes away, hence, his brain box suggestion doesn't seem logical to me. Any ideas please...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:24am On Oct 28, 2018
damyde:
Oga GAZZUZZ,
On my 2010 KIA Optima, when started in the morning it doesn't supply current to the 3rd plug - as identified by auto electrician (changed plug and coil, no way), auto electrician said it's a brain box issue, unfortunately if I drive the car for like 10/15mins the problem goes away, hence, his brain box suggestion doesn't seem logical to me. Any ideas please...

Engine ecu fault. It can be fixed, it can be replaced.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by damyde(m): 7:33am On Oct 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Engine ecu fault. It can be fixed, it can be replaced.

Thanks a lot sir. Means the auto electrician made sense, will replace ASAP and update you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by e90(m): 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
Good day oga gazzuz,
Pls, my Toyota matrix 2009 model, the tempreture guage rises to high when am on AC and driving up to 30 mins. The two fans are working. I drove from Lagos to Ore with AC on. The car started overheating. Pls what may be wrong.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by e90(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
Oga Gazzuzz, pls what type of oil can I use for my Toyota matrix 2009 model. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:47pm On Oct 29, 2018
e90:
Oga Gazzuzz, pls what type of oil can I use for my Toyota matrix 2009 model. Thanks

Mobil 5w30 advance full synthetic sold by me.

Click link for more info.https://www.nairaland.com/4808743/gazzuzz-autos#72397578

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Mobil 5w30 advance full synthetic sold by me.

Click link for more info.https://www.nairaland.com/4808743/gazzuzz-autos#72397578

You're already pouring it for him sef. Remove the cover

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by e90(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2018
Yes ooo....He should just continue the pouring. Non stop. Thanks boss. What about the previous issue I complained of. My engine tempreture rises with AC on for any journey above 45mins.pls what may be the cause?
radautoworks:

You're already pouring it for him sef. Remove the cover
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by carfacts: 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2018
Many people in Nigeria buy used vehicles without having known how good or durable the vehicle is. All you see is people going to check the vehicle with their mechanic to be sure if its the perfect vehicle you've been looking for. To be candid, a mechanic can't predict how good or well a vehicle will be but a Vehicle History Report (VHR) will be able to tell you what a vehicle has been through if it's durable or not. For instance, a VHR will alert you if the car is a stolen vehicle, you will be able to tell if it's an accident vehicle, a flooded vehicle, mileage and odometer problems, inspection data, ownership history, service history, import and vehicle origin, open recalls, vehicle damage/title history and many more vehicle details.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaz4sure2015: 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2018
Oga Gazzuzz and experts in the house

Please can you advise me on how to clear “low washer fluid” error on my Lexus ES 350 2007.

The error won’t go even after filling the washer fluid tank with water

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2018
kaz4sure2015:
Oga Gazzuzz and experts in the house

Please can you advise me on how to clear “low washer fluid” error on my Lexus ES 350 2007.

The error won’t go even after filling the washer fluid tank with water

Thank you

replace.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Manny24(m): 6:51am On Nov 02, 2018
Please what fluid and oil is recommended for my Nissan Xterra 2006 that I can easily find in Nigeria (precisely, Lagos)? Thanks in addy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haykay2005: 8:49am On Nov 02, 2018
@gazzuz Not every time but sometimes my car ac doesn't cool while idling. It start cooling immediately I zoom off. 2000 toyota camry. No faults code
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2018
haykay2005:
@gazzuz Not every time but sometimes my car ac doesn't cool while idling. It start cooling immediately I zoom off. 2000 toyota camry. No faults code

possible bad compressor, possible blocked system. Possible both.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Segzila: 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2018
My Ogas

I use a Lexus RX 300...presently coolant gets dried up in the radiator as there is no leak anywhere....

How best to resolve this issue...a mechanic already talked about changing gasket

Segun
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18pm On Nov 02, 2018
Segzila:
My Ogas

I use a Lexus RX 300...presently coolant gets dried up in the radiator as there is no leak anywhere....

How best to resolve this issue...a mechanic already talked about changing gasket

Segun

he might be right. He might be wrong. Check for leaks in a technical way.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PrincewithGod(m): 7:40am On Nov 03, 2018
Good morning Oga Gazzuzz, my car (corolla 2003) has refused to start, its not even rolling, when kicked it will just be making a clicking sound. What could be the problem please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:35am On Nov 03, 2018
PrincewithGod:
Good morning Oga Gazzuzz, my car (corolla 2003) has refused to start, its not even rolling, when kicked it will just be making a clicking sound. What could be the problem please?

starter motor or battery.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PrincewithGod(m): 9:39am On Nov 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

starter motor or battery.

Thank you sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eagleeye2: 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2018
Oga GAZZUZZ, and other experts greetings. I am a silent 'hailer' of your works and prefer to read most times.
I have been having overheating issues with my car.
First, was that the radiator leaked fluids. I got it sealed and proceeded to wash radiator. Problem continued.
Then I was asked to change the fan, that it had one blade missing from each of the fans I changed the fans. But problem persisted.
Sometimes the temperature needle gets to the red line within 30 minutes of driving or in a hold up and I will park and allow it to cool for sometime.
Now, I am being asked to change the top gasket that it has gone bad (blown/damaged), I am skeptical about that for the following reasons ;
_The cars movement is okay.
_ Apart from the overheating and the white reservoir tank being filled up to overflowing, I can't pin down any other issue.
_ I don't know if thermostat has gone bad, and may be the culprit and I am being made to undergo a very expensive repair that may not solve the issue
_But the most important reason of all is that, I am not too buoyant to undergo a trial and error service anymore.
The car in question, is Toyota avalon 2000.
Sir, abeg I crave your invaluable knowledge on this issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2018
eagleeye2:
Oga GAZZUZZ, and other experts greetings. I am a silent 'hailer' of your works and prefer to read most times.
I have been having overheating issues with my car.
First, was that the radiator leaked fluids. I got it sealed and proceeded to wash radiator. Problem continued.
Then I was asked to change the fan, that it had one blade missing from each of the fans I changed the fans. But problem persisted.
Sometimes the temperature needle gets to the red line within 30 minutes of driving or in a hold up and I will park and allow it to cool for sometime.
Now, I am being asked to change the top gasket that it has gone bad (blown/damaged), I am skeptical about that for the following reasons ;
_The cars movement is okay.
_ Apart from the overheating and the white reservoir tank being filled up to overflowing, I can't pin down any other issue.
_ I don't know if thermostat has gone bad, and may be the culprit and I am being made to undergo a very expensive repair that may not solve the issue
_But the most important reason of all is that, I am not too buoyant to undergo a trial and error service anymore.
The car in question, is Toyota avalon 2000.
Sir, abeg I crave your invaluable knowledge on this issue.

Replace pressure cap first.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eagleeye2: 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Replace pressure cap first.
Done that sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2018
eagleeye2:

Done that sir.

I'm afraid I cannot be of any more assistance. Proper Diagnosis required.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.