Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? (4736 Views)

.:: Seun Explain What Happened To Nairaland? ::. / Seun Please Judge This Case Between Me And Sexkillz / Seun - Please Ban The Dispora Nigerians From Contributing On This Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by NwaNimo1(m): 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2014
Seun,

I think your subscribers have a right to know.

We also may have to take precautions in future.

And why have you not backed up 'nairaland' in 6 months?

Please advise .. . . .

Thanks,

18 Likes

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by NwaNimo1(m): 2:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
Mods - front page please. cool
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by tpia1: 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
good luck waiting for answers.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by NwaNimo1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2014
tpia1: good luck waiting for answers.

If answers are not provided then I'm off.

I won't take any risks if the site is unsecure,

1 Like

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by pat077: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nwa_Nimo:

I won't take any risks if the site is insecure,
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
I didn't miss NL @ all
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by lagosph: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2014
How come this happened just after APC lost in EKiti, how do we now hold those that promised succide and going to exile to words.

4 Likes

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by shikshark: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2014
definitely whatever happened to nairaland is the work of hackers and they might have stumbled upon a lot of user profiles and passwords. that is why it is not ideal to used the same password for different sites

1 Like

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by shikshark: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2014
definitely whatever happened to nairaland is the work of hackers and they might have stumbled upon a lot of iser profilea and passwords. that is why it is not ideal to used the same password for different sites
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Feedmemore(f): 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nwa_Nimo:

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by seunfly: 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nwa_Nimo:

Yeah! It's true, we need to knw if our activities here is safe.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Feedmemore(f): 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
I started receiving some funny emails in my inbox at around 7am LA time. Might this be because nairaland was hacked and the hackers got all our personal infos?
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by tpia1: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
shikshark: definitely whatever happened to nairaland is the work of hackers and they might have stumbled upon a lot of user profiles and passwords. that is why it is not ideal to used the same password for different sites

it was probably the same type of thing that happened to facebook last week, it was off for a couple of hours (was wondering if someone flipped a switch somewhere).

there was also an ebay hack last month.

although i thought nl would be down for a long time sha, going by seun's posts.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by tpia1: 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2014
Jultee: I didn't miss NL @ all

am ambivalent, didnt know if i should miss the unbridled threads and hateful comments that are so common here, almost signed up on another forum, but when i noticed threads bashing females, i zoomed off quickly and stayed in read only mode.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
Personal information such as...? undecided

Laughable.

7 Likes

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2014
I'm still recuperating from the sickness of NL failure

4 Likes

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by dre11(m): 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
tpia1:

it was probably the same type of thing that happened to facebook last week, it was off for a couple of hours (was wondering if someone flipped a switch somewhere).

there was also an ebay hack last month.

although i thought nl would be down for a long time sha, going by seun's posts.

so, it got so bad for all this online vendors...
So, why is Kemi Oluloyo making noise all around facebook about her hacking the siteundecided
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by jamace(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
Yungwizzzy: I'm still recuperating from the sickness of NL failure
Abeg, recover fast o. Our enemies will never succeed. grin
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2014
i suspect apc. Apc received hot backlash here after losing ekiti state. i suspect they have a hand in this!!!
meanwhile oga seun i share your pain, sincerely i do!
God shall restore all your loss and multiply your blessing ten folds, amen

9 Likes

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2014
Seun is on Leave grin
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by iykmora(m): 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2014
sad Gbagaun resumption, but i am not quoting any post grin grin grin grin
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by feedthenation(m): 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
VICTORCIZA: i suspect apc. Apc received hot backlash here after losing ekiti state. i suspect they have a hand in this!!!
meanwhile oga seun i share your pain, sincerely i do!
God shall restore all your loss and multiply your blessing ten folds, amen

Can you please shout up and apply your brain in the direct direction?

3 Likes

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by HowFar: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nwa_Nimo:

1 Like

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by enigmang: 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2014
Seun was caught napppinngg...... its amazing how there was no backup for over 6months.... Anyone can suffer Dataloss... How you recover from it shows your competence....

You cant be running the "largest site in nigeria abi africa" and not expect to be attacked..

Kudos to the hackers.. a wonderful job they did....

4 Likes

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by ikweremilitant: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2014
lagosph: How come this happened just after APC lost in EKiti, how do we now hold those that promised succide and going to exile to words.
hahahaha dont mind dm,i was informd obiageli,egg headas nd tribal east re lying cricticaly ill at luth 4 cardiac arrest.

3 Likes

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by gratiaeo(m): 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2014
berem: cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by tunshe: 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
enigmang: Seun was caught napppinngg...... its amazing how there was no backup for over 6months.... Anyone can suffer Dataloss... How you recover from it shows your competence....

You cant be running the "largest site in nigeria abi africa" and not expect to be attacked..

Kudos to the hackers.. a wonderful job they did....

I just like your comment for constructive criticism and understanding the circle of ICT activities.

You sound harsh but that's the job of the hackers.

I remember someone who hacked into Mark Zuck's profile on Facebook to write on his wall to show the security lapses sometime ago.

Backup and restore plus security is a must in the IT world.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by oskaaay(m): 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nwa_Nimo: Seun,

I think your subscribers have a right to know.

We also may have to take precautions in future.

And why have you not backed up 'nairaland' in 6 months?

Please advise .. . . .

Thanks,

hmmmm big question.......
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by simplyme3(f): 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2014
Personal data like what? Your credit card details, right?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3)

Nominate Your Most Ignored Posters Of The Year 2013 / Jumoke ‘oni Buredi’ Becomes Ambassador To Shirley’s Confectionery / Tummie's Collection : REST IN PEACE herboshedhe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.