Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? (4745 Views)

.:: Seun Explain What Happened To Nairaland? ::. / Seun Please Judge This Case Between Me And Sexkillz / Seun - Please Ban The Dispora Nigerians From Contributing On This Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2014
I. Support the OP. Mr Seun we deserve to get explanation on the scale of the barbaric attack by the PDP payed chinese hackers. Are patriotic nairaland users email save. PDP using all dirty tricks to suppress the Voice of Nigerians
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by cecegorz(m): 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
Which kinda personal data did you lose here?

Did you upload your international passport page plus your bank account details?

This is a faceless forum, the only loss I expect people to suffer is repository of archival posts.

2 Likes

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by joeace2020(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
simply_me: Personal data like what? Your credit card details, right?

if your username when typed in google search produces results that shows the name goes beyond nl to sites like paypal.com, fiverr.com, and anyother site where you make business transactions. There is a likelihood that with the passwords which by way of the hacking now belongs to them could be used in ways even i cant begin to imagine.

That is not even talking of what they can use your NL ids stolen here to achieve. Honestly, this guys can wreck havoc when they want to.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by majalisa(m): 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
Feed me more: I started receiving some funny emails in my inbox at around 7am LA time. Might this be because nairaland was hacked and the hackers got all our personal infos?
Me Too,even With some funny calls from This Number..She claimed To be from canada +907692750177..i have a recordings of our conversations..The sounded ogakpatakpata like

1 Like

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by WukedP(m): 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
Am nt here to castigate but I think we Nigerians have dis I dnt care attitude towards our biz, I know no one is bigger than any form of attack but if we should deep reason we wil find out that som level of carelessness was displayed in dis issue, resulting to all dis, even me at my small level, my fone my laptop and my external storage, I hav a daily back up plan, I know I will always come bak 2 use my stuff, so I back my fone up 2 my system, bak my laptop up to my external storage, so Suen, abeg make dis kind tin no repeat itself again, ones beating ......
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by suwailad(f): 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2014
Yes personal data were stolen and now Jonathan and his cohorts have your identities punkazzes while Seun was busy counting advertising money forget biz
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by EnterPRO: 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
Wuked.P:
Am nt here to castigate but I think we Nigerians have dis I dnt care attitude towards our biz, I know no one is bigger than any form of attack but if we should deep reason we wil find out that som level of carelessness was displayed in dis issue, resulting to all dis, even me at my small level, my fone my laptop and my external storage, I hav a daily back up plan, I know I will always come bak 2 use my stuff, so I back my fone up 2 my system, bak my laptop up to my external storage, so Suen, abeg make dis kind tin no repeat itself again, ones beating ......

have you stopped to consider how many terabytes of storage such backup would require, and the monthly cost , in hard currency, for keeping such backups that have probably never been used in the last 7 years?

remember that this is a free site, and more resources would probably go into keeping it online than probably towards making it "always available".

perhaps that's why they opted for a monthly, quarterly or biannual backup plan. compared to the daily backup you do on your 20gb laptop.

just saying. we need to keep things in perspective.

#peace

5 Likes

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by simplyme3(f): 5:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
joeace2020:

if your username when typed in google search produces results that shows the name goes beyond nl to sites like paypal.com, fiverr.com, and anyother site where you make business transactions. There is a likelihood that with the passwords which by way of the hacking now belongs to them could be used in ways even i cant begin to imagine.

That is not even talking of what they can use your NL ids stolen here to achieve. Honestly, this guys can wreck havoc when they want to.

So u use your username on nairaland to operate on paypal. Good for u

1 Like

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by suwailad(f): 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
EnterPRO:

have you stopped to consider how many terabytes of storage such backup would require, and the monthly cost , in hard currency, for keeping such backups that have probably not been used in the last 7 years?

remember that this is a free site, and more resources would probably go into keeping it online than probably towards making it "always available".

perhaps that's why they opted for a monthly, quarterly or biannual backup plan. compared to the daily backup you do on your 20gb laptop.

just saying. we need to keep things in perspective.

#peace

It's a malware attack and only a group of people can do that that resulted in data loss. does your suggestion result in data loss? got it?
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2014
I suspect the Syrian army.grin
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by adebayoggt(m): 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2014
we need to know.?!
hackers may your joy be cut short.SEUN beware of fifth columnist!
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Firefire(m): 6:37pm On Jun 27, 2014
As many that have a hand in this wicked acts will live to face hell on earth.

I will reserve my comment until I get full details.

But for APC, you are a failure and in failling you shall fail.

chai, all my post on APC frauds and useless government style deleted It is unbelievable.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
Ilekere: Personal information such as...? undecided

Laughable.

Personal infos such as how I bought a big jar of vaseline and I couldn't use it due to the inability to visit the Celebrity section.
That's personal enough.

1 Like

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2014
berem: cheesy cheesy cheesy
sis how are you doing? Good to see your handle again, I hope cleverly too is back.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Enkaynwa(f): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
majalisa: Me Too,even With some funny calls from This Number..She claimed To be from canada +907692750177..i have a recordings of our conversations..The sounded ogakpatakpata like

grin
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2014
I really wanna thank the hackers for giving Seun a wake up call.

#BringBackOurLikes.

1 Like

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
sis how are you doing? Good to see your handle again, I hope cleverly too is back.
I am doing great dear. Nice to see you too. cool
Cleverly was banned,I hope the ban became ineffective after nairaland came back. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by idumuose(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
suwailad: Yes personal data were stolen and now Jonathan and his cohorts have your identities punkazzes while Seun was busy counting advertising money forget biz
What is this 'malo' girl saying?
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by stevecantrell: 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2014
Its too early in the "year" to be hiding posts.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by cirmuell(m): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nwa_Nimo: Seun,

I think your subscribers have a right to know.

We also may have to take precautions in future.

And why have you not backed up 'nairaland' in 6 months?

Please advise .. . . .

Thanks,
what other personal data do you have on Nl apart from ur username & email?...& right to know what? do you see any form of 'privacy policy' on Nairaland? it an open FORUM for crying out loud...post @ ur own peril!
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Krak(m): 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2014
I must tell you that I am really feeling paranoid at the moment. I think while Seun is still trying to grapple with this problem, I will also be doing my own part.

I am changing my passwords tonight. ASAP.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Bunchersstab(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2014
[quote author=enigmang]Seun was caught napppinngg...... its amazing how there was no backup for over 6months.... Anyone can suffer Dataloss... How you recover from it shows your competence....

You cant be running the "largest site in nigeria abi africa" and not expect to be attacked..

Kudos to the hackers.. a wonderful job they did...

Am responsible!!!
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Bunchersstab(m): 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2014
[quote author=enigmang]Seun was caught napppinngg...... its amazing how there was no backup for over 6months.... Anyone can suffer Dataloss... How you recover from it shows your competence....

You cant be running the "largest site in nigeria abi africa" and not expect to be attacked..

Kudos to the hackers.. a wonderful job they did...

Am responsible !!!

1 Like

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by ndidibabe(f): 8:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
simply_me: Personal data like what? Your credit card details, right?
Tx, sister. I just love this your response.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by BRAV0O(m): 8:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
Let's stop pretending as if we don't know why NL went down!
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by justi4jesu(f): 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2014
BRAV0O: Let's stop pretending as if we don't know why NL went down!

Pls tell us..
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2014
berem: I am doing great dear. Nice to see you too. cool
Cleverly was banned,I hope the ban became ineffective after nairaland came back. cheesy
See the two sisters of darkness praising themselves

1 Like

Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 27, 2014
dre11:

so, it got so bad for all this online vendors...
So, why is Kemi Oluloyo making noise all around facebook about her hacking the siteundecided

That one is just a clown jare.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Hostermipo(m): 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2014
well, Seun I would say a big well done for restoring back the site. it will only make you stronger
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by DocAdray(f): 9:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
Personal data?
On Nairaland...

Haba OP!
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Deiok(m): 10:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
I its an amazing crackdown.
Re: Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen? by Adamskuty(m): 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2014
where is cramjones? u are free. grin

(1) (2) (3)

L.o.l; See Funny Pix Of Homeless And Beggars' Signs / Fake Chamdor Wine In Circulation / Nominate Your Most Ignored Posters Of The Year 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.