Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (172747 Views)

MTN Scholarship 2014 Shortlists / MTN Scholarship 2014 Thread / Esso Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
GlobalCareers:

Cabaye, are u sure of wednesday? If the msg's come on wednesday, then i will regard u as the true prophet.

lol...i am not a prophet o...its not from my source but from a friends source who also awaiting for the Nddc. my own source only told me first week of August which has past.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
crown86: @Global careers....

Is okay to book an appointment before visiting the VFS for application submission. It is wise to fill the online forms, book the date and time for the interview ( though this could be effected when you have made the visa application fees online) and print out the automated generated form on the UKVI website.

You can visit this site: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ and google some information

What about if one cannot pay online, how can someone book for appointment? Cant someone pay in cash (naira) at VFS on the day of appointment?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by crown86: 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
GlobalCareers:

What about if one cannot pay online, how can someone book for appointment? Cant someone pay in cash (naira) at VFS on the day of appointment?

The acceptable form of payment by UKBA is online payment. Anyone with token for internet banking should be able to handle that. However, there are road side cyber worker that could help with online payment. Though this is not really neat.

Also you need to be aware of credibility interview at the embassy though this is just for 3-5mins. If you need further assistance, you could reach me via email. Thanks
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
crown86:

The acceptable form of payment by UKBA is online payment. Anyone with token for internet banking should be able to handle that. However, there are road side cyber worker that could help with online payment. Though this is not really neat.

Also you need to be aware of credibility interview at the embassy though this is just for 3-5mins. If you need further assistance, you could reach me via email. Thanks

okay thanks...it means i have to activate my gtb card so i can pay it myself. which one is credibility interview and when is it done?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
i got admission @university of aberdeen with a tuition fee of 15000 pounds then i was opportune to gain their merit scholarship of 3140 pounds and with that they gave me a CAS letter. Aberdeen wasn't my sch of choice @d interviews cos of the tuition fee but If given NDDC scholarship can I switch to Aberdeen and use NDDC stuff to foot d balance?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by DeKhase(m): 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
It won't be a problem but I suggest u err on the side of caution and have the balance of 300 in your personal account
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
??
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by cynthiababe(f): 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
linton99: Wow..I. Just got an email from IOM booking me for thursday 21st of August..,,,nddc I beg oo ma sms
Me too o I hope d list comes out by that date.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dantidote: i got admission @university of aberdeen with a tuition fee of 15000 pounds then i was opportune to gain their merit scholarship of 3140 pounds and with that they gave me a CAS letter. Aberdeen wasn't my sch of choice @d interviews cos of the tuition fee but If given NDDC scholarship can I switch to Aberdeen and use NDDC stuff to foot d balance?

what course did you apply for at aberdeen?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by TheFavoredOne: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
Evening my good people.
Here's to corroborate some facts stated by some days earlier.
It is true that :
1. The NDDC board was in the Uk sometimes in July to see scholars and check their performances.
2. When asked about the 2014 scholarship scheme at the meeting dere in the Uk, the Nddc representatives expressed their discontentment at the lower-than usual budget of their education sector this year.
3. That probably either the final list is being truncated to match the available funds or that the budget is yet to be signed by the President, hence the delay.
Source : A 2013 phD nddc scholar who was at the meeting.
God bless us all.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
TheFavoredOne: Evening my good people.
It is true that :
1. The NDDC board was in the Uk sometimes in July to see scholars and check their performances.
2. When asked about the 2014 scholarship scheme at the meeting dere in the Uk, the Nddc representatives expressed their discontentment at the lower-than usual budget of their education sector this year.
3. That probably either the final list is being truncated to match the available funds or that the budget is yet to be signed by the President, hence the delay.
God bless us all.

i agree with point 3 as im aware that the final list contained too many ghost candidate as at june which infuriated the md. i guess they must have them sorted out by now. the budget is another factor which is causing the delay.i feel nddc would try to reduce the phd sponsored candidates as their tution money is enough to sponsor 3 msc candidates.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by scientist235: 5:36am On Aug 12, 2014
30000 us dollars equivalent to 17874.4 pounds today
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 10:09am On Aug 12, 2014
Top of the morning to everyone here....NDDC!!!...we are waiting for the next line of action Oooh.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rabidvirus: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2014
scientist235: 30000 us dollars equivalent to 17874.4 pounds today

The question wey people ask you since,you no answer,na currency conversion rate you dey talk.You be "Alhaji change dollar".. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2014
Benny247: Top of the morning to everyone here....NDDC!!!...we are waiting for the next line of action Oooh.
tell them ooo....this is unbecoming..they better be realistic , there is no more time!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 10:30am On Aug 12, 2014
Benny247: Top of the morning to everyone here....NDDC!!!...we are waiting for the next line of action Oooh.
tell them ooo....this is unbecoming..they better be realistic , there is no more time!...those guyz wey dey reason bringing this 2 the knowledge of higher authorities hmmmm e be like say its now the case of 'the available becoming desired'...abi hw una see am??
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 10:32am On Aug 12, 2014
linton99: tell them ooo....this is unbecoming..they better be realistic , there is no more time!...those guyz wey dey reason bringing this 2 the knowledge of higher authorities hmmmm e be like say its now the case of 'the available becoming desired'...abi hw una see am??

Which authority big pass GEJ....u no hear say him self neva sign d budget.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 11:17am On Aug 12, 2014
Dantidote:

Which authority big pass GEJ....u no hear say him self neva sign d budget.
guy leave that matter! That is not the real issue...I dnt think so....I say so because we knw that nddc will not gv u. Cash neither will they pay d money 2 d sch immediately it takes about 2months b4 they respond...now,why not release this list let. D scholars go about visa processing n getting themselves ready 2 leave pending when them pay...so if GEJ no sign tell september ending na so we go dey wait?? Pls reason
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by sevule(m): 11:28am On Aug 12, 2014
TheFavoredOne: Evening my good people.
It is true that :
God bless us all.

Hey Bro can you respond to the PM I sent? I need to ask you something pretty important
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 11:36am On Aug 12, 2014
linton99: guy leave that matter! That is not the real issue...I dnt think so....I say so because we knw that nddc will not gv u. Cash neither will they pay d money 2 d sch immediately it takes about 2months b4 they respond...now,why not release this list let. D scholars go about visa processing n getting themselves ready 2 leave pending when them pay...so if GEJ no sign tell september ending na so we go dey wait?? Pls reason

You have a point....I guess there are other issues, it cant just be becos Mr. President hasn't sign the budget...at least release the list, so scholar's can start processing their travel documents.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 11:55am On Aug 12, 2014
[quote author=linton99]

Bro, I share in your anxiety but i believe our patience would pay off very soon...Previous set were subjected to same conditions and didn't protest so y should ours b different. some folks here suggested the protest but immediately they saw their names on the list they lock up. I recommend we play safe by staying patient rather than make a mockery of ourselves...slow n steady wins the race!!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by TheFavoredOne: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
sevule:
Hey Bro can you respond to the PM I sent? I need to ask you something pretty important

Right away then.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by MoyoGENERAL: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
sifo:
Bro do ur research well and make good enquiries. Post graduate schools like IPS uniport, CoE uniben and AUST abuja are as good as and even better than most of those UK schools that just want ur money. These programs all have international affiliation.
pls bro, how much is the tuition fee for AUST Abuja? is it fully sponsored like IPS?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
scientist235: 30000 us dollars equivalent to 17874.4 pounds today

Tomorrow looks realistic. What do you think?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by TheFavoredOne: 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
GlobalCareers:
Tomorrow looks realistic. What do you think?

LoL. any day looks realistic these days. I get u tho. #WeStayAlive
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
Few hours to the highly rated WEDNESDAY....fingers crossed...#TeamOptimistic
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Benny247: Few hours to the highly rated WEDNESDAY....fingers crossed...#TeamOptimistic

bros take am easy o..no let Mtn give you HBp with their 30577 message tomorrow.lol

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 6:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
cabaye:

bros take am easy o..no let Mtn give you HBp with their 30577 message tomorrow.lol
omen no be small tin oo even 5031,5038,5039 etc I tire,na nw d message dey frequent pass.,lolz

3 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by scientist235: 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by otuibok: 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
NDDC, hurry up now.....
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by scientist235: 9:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
chivitech:

I have another scholarship. Just rooting for you guys for NDDC since we started together before I got the other scholarship.
CONGRATS ON YOUR NITDA SCHOLARSHIP,BUT I HEARD YOU HAVE NOT COLLECTED YOUR LETTER YET
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by chivitech: 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
scientist235: CONGRATS ON YOUR NITDA SCHOLARSHIP,BUT I HEARD YOU HAVE NOT COLLECTED YOUR LETTER YET

Thanks man. Not yet o. You know how naija things dey be nao. Diariz God o. Diariz God in everything we are doing... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (73) (Reply)

2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / IGNORE All 2024 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.