Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:45 AM

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (172754 Views)

MTN Scholarship 2014 Shortlists / MTN Scholarship 2014 Thread / Esso Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
GlobalCareers: What is going on with this NDDC Scholarship? August will pass away in the twinkling of an eye.

This na serious matter ooo. Abi NDDC think say we no go apply for visa....or they think we will be heading straight to the airport after collecting award letters.

Lol ..it will be well very soon. just be certain that your name is on the list of scholars that be contacted. the worst case scenario is that even if they release the list next month, getting a visa and medicals wouldn't be a problem. cheer up
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Fingertips(f): 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
I've been following this thread for quite sometime time silently, it's been very informative. Kudos to everyone holding it together in this forum. I just want to advise while one is still waiting, hoping for their names to be short listed, we should also make arrangement for the remaining maintenance fee to be in your account and start counting the 28days, that is if the award money doesn't cover everything to kill time. Most people have their latest resumption dates as September 22nd some October 6th, which will be very late by then to get your visas processed. I hope we receive some positive news this coming week. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Fingertips(f): 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
cabaye:

Lol ..it will be well very soon. just be certain that your name is on the list of scholars that be contacted. the worst case scenario is that even if they release the list next month, getting a visa and medicals wouldn't be a problem. cheer up

Getting medicals will only be a problem if you haven't booked for a date. As at today which my friend booked, he was booked for the 29th of August. Subsequent ones will be from1st of September. It is good we prepare and put other things in place while waiting.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
GlobalCareers: What is going on with this NDDC Scholarship? August will pass away in the twinkling of an eye.

This na serious matter ooo. Abi NDDC think say we no go apply for visa....or they think we will be heading straight to the airport after collecting award letters.
I strongly believe that NDDC have everything under control as regards TB or medical test as well as the Visa processing and every other thing that is required before we travel... They will definitely have MoU with the various schools they are afflicted to as well as the UK embassy.. They may do somethings underground 4 us considering the time factor, even before the list will be released, after all they know those going already. This week is gone, the president is back.. Next week looks very fruitful. #teamoptimistic

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 10:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
Fingertips:

Getting medicals will only be a problem if you haven't booked for a date. As at today which my friend booked, he was booked for the 29th of August. Subsequent ones will be from1st of September. It is good we prepare and put other things in place while waiting.

Did your friend book through the phone or email? What info will they require when booking?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Fingertips:

Can someone book tomorrow, Saturday?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 12:35am On Aug 09, 2014
GlobalCareers:

Can someone book tomorrow, Saturday?

Yes, u can via mail and u get response by mon or tues
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 12:42am On Aug 09, 2014
Benny247:
I strongly believe that NDDC have everything under control as regards TB or medical test as well as the Visa processing and every other thing that is required before we travel... They will definitely have MoU with the various schools they are afflicted to as well as the UK embassy.. They may do somethings underground 4 us considering the time factor, even before the list will be released, after all they know those going already. This week is gone, the president is back.. Next week looks very fruitful. #teamoptimistic

I share in ur optimistic views....i hope NDDC share same

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 7:31am On Aug 09, 2014
Fingertips:

When will you collect the printout and name of the hospital from IOM?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2014
GlobalCareers:

When will you collect the printout and name of the hospital from IOM?

na IOM dey do the test na.....ur reply mail would give u all d details u need
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 09, 2014
tuberculosis test

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 09, 2014
Fingertips: I've been following this thread for quite sometime time silently, it's been very informative. Kudos to everyone holding it together in this forum. I just want to advise while one is still waiting, hoping for their names to be short listed, we should also make arrangement for the remaining maintenance fee to be in your account and start counting the 28days, that is if the award money doesn't cover everything to kill time. Most people have their latest resumption dates as September 22nd some October 6th, which will be very late by then to get your visas processed. I hope we receive some positive news this coming week. God bless us all.

Amen..at this stage, I don't mind picking a course from one of the selected Nddc schools if it would save time getting a cas letter
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2014
cabaye:

Amen..at this stage, I don't mind picking a course from one of the selected Nddc schools if it would save time getting a cas letter
@Cabaye....please any update from your source?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
cabaye:

can u get any offer this late....
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Fingertips(f): 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
GlobalCareers:

Did your friend book through the phone or email? What info will they require when booking?

He booked via email, it's the fastest. No info just write them about getting a Tb test for your uk visa and they will send you some documents, instructions, a form you will print out and fill, account details to make your payment. Cheers.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
Benny247:
@Cabaye....please any update from your source?

my brother, nothing concrete for now.I'm just waiting to see what happens this coming Wednesday before I contact my source. as of today, nddc representatives are attending a youth programme in abuja (which i hope isn't part of the delays).cheers
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
Dantidote:

can u get any offer this late....

from the information I have gathered so far about this Nddc scholarship program, I learnt they assisted past scholars in obtaining new admission offers as late as 2nd week of September (Nddc affiliated universities especially Coventry which takes about 3 -7 working days to get an offer .its also a school where I think most of us will finally end up).this may also mean that it covers the 28days for the visa. the whole thing will end up in a take it or leave it situation for most successful candidates.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
cabaye:

from the information I have gathered so far about this Nddc scholarship program, I learnt they assisted past scholars in obtaining new admission offers as late as 2nd week of September (Nddc affiliated universities especially Coventry which takes about 3 -7 working days to get an offer .its also a school where I think most of us will finally end up).this may also mean that it covers the 28days for the visa. the whole thing will end up in a take it or leave it situation for most successful candidates.

You are right. Coventry offered me admission in two days coz i submitted all required docs.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
cabaye:

Okies.....our prayers rit now shud b dat out names appear on the damm list then...from the look of this its only evident that a begger has no choice
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
Fingertips:

He booked via email, it's the fastest. No info just write them about getting a Tb test for your uk visa and they will send you some documents, instructions, a form you will print out and fill, account details to make your payment. Cheers.

For me, after booking via mail i only got the date, account details, the bank to make payment and the needed docs to bring along for the test. they no send me form to fill sha....
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
cabaye:

my brother, nothing concrete for now.I'm just waiting to see what happens this coming Wednesday before I contact my source. as of today, nddc representatives are attending a youth programme in abuja (which i hope isn't part of the delays).cheers
Thanks man....
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Fingertips(f): 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
Dantidote:

For me, after booking via mail i only got the date, account details, the bank to make payment and the needed docs to bring along for the test. they no send me form to fill sha....

Strange. Check again, four documents are attached, instruction sheet, Info sheet, IOM account details And IOM medical form. A completed form is part of the requirements needed to show up for your test.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
Fingertips:

Strange. Check again, four documents are attached, instruction sheet, Info sheet, IOM account details And IOM medical form. A completed form is part of the requirements needed to show up for your test.

Thanks...i would recheck but hope u specified its uk student visa u needing it for...
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by coolsam123: 7:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
Dantidote:
Thanks...i would recheck but hope u specified its uk student visa u needing it for...
Hello Dantidote, d truth is dat all u need is a citibank teller showing proof of payment of 21,040 naira into their account (they av a customized teller (IOM) carrying their a/c num in d bank), international passport, a passport photograph and d name and address of ur school. This is ofcourse provided u av an appointment date with them, cos they ll cross check with a list with them. All those attached forms will b given to u there to fill.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 7:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
coolsam123:
Hello Dantidote, d truth is dat all u need is a citibank teller showing proof of payment of 21,040 naira into their account (they av a customized teller (IOM) carrying their a/c num in d bank), international passport, a passport photograph and d name and address of ur school. This is ofcourse provided u av an appointment date with them, cos they ll cross check with a list with them. All those attached forms will b given to u there to fill.

Thanks man...
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by 4mula22(m): 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
Dantidote:

Okies.....our prayers rit now shud b dat out names appear on the damm list then...from the look of this its only evident that a begger has no choice

Me I get choice ooo...
I'd rather do my masters here in Nigeria than in some cheap a$$ UK school!
If not the likes of Aberdeen, I no dey go! angry

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
4mula22:

Me I get choice ooo...
I'd rather do my masters here in Nigeria than in some cheap a$$ UK school!
If not the likes of Aberdeen, I no dey go! angry
guy shun!! U can't compare naija schz with those of uk,,certificates of universities in UK are recognised all over the world....we are still coming up..not in the first 500 universities in d world yet
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
linton99: guy shun!! U can't compare naija schz with those of uk,,certificates of universities in UK are recognised all over the world....we are still coming up..not in the first 500 universities in d world yet

Abi ooo
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by 4mula22(m): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
linton99: guy shun!! U can't compare naija schz with those of uk,,certificates of universities in UK are recognised all over the world....we are still coming up..not in the first 500 universities in d world yet

All them uk schools are just big names... especially those related to the oil and gas industry. I'm saying outta experience as we have some of the best professors of petroleum engineering lecturing in schools like uniport

I'd rather go to IPS (Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt) for petroleum engineering than go to the UK (except Imperial college and Heriot Watt university)
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by chivitech: 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
4mula22:

All them uk schools are just big names... especially those related to the oil and gas industry. I'm saying outta experience as we have some of the best professors of petroleum engineering lecturing in schools like uniport

I'd rather go to IPS (Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt) for petroleum engineering than go to the UK (except Imperial college and Heriot Watt university)

Sorry to say this boss, but I guess you must be sleeping on okada. The first naija school to appear in ranking is OAU at position 1600+. Even your so called Uniport is not in the first 3000+ schools. UK schools are still far better than what we have here. As shabi as westminster and west london are, they still beat our universities hands down as they have facilities that we could only dream of.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
GlobalCareers:

You are right. Coventry offered me admission in two days coz i submitted all required docs.

coventry is another university of nigeria in the uk according to a phd candidate i met during the test. i was also told to expect seeing plenty of nigerian student both sponsored and self funded. nddc na their big customers.dont be suprised if every one offering your course are all round nigerians.lol
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by sifo: 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
chivitech:

Sorry to say this boss, but I guess you must be sleeping on okada. The first naija school to appear in ranking is OAU at position 1600+. Even your so called Uniport is not in the first 3000+ schools. UK schools are still far better than what we have here. As shabi as westminster and west london are, they still beat our universities hands down as they have facilities that we could only dream of.
Bros he didn't just say uniport he said Institute of Petroleum studies (IPS) uniport. Go make enquiries about the progam bro its way better than most UK unis for sure. I support 4mula22's statement fully. No be just to go get degree come house come dey find job again, u also need to consider the employment opportunities afterwards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (73) (Reply)

2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / IGNORE All 2024 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.