Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:41 AM

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (172750 Views)

MTN Scholarship 2014 Shortlists / MTN Scholarship 2014 Thread / Esso Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by 4mula22(m): 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
csimms7:

Bros with all due respect to you and what you know, I just might know more about IPS than you do. I know the opportunities with IPS and their affiliations but we can't compare an M.Sc outside with anything in Nigeria. I have friends and lots of them for that matter but then dem go still tell you say away dey better o. Let's just leave the argument as you suggested but I'd end it with this. Any school in the UK is better. Trust me on that. I'm talking out of experiences from people, past and present. Thanks.

Bros no vex... that's a FALLACY OF HASTY GENERALIZATION!

I still maintain my stand... IPS is under Uniport and have other affiliations... not just professional courses, but award Msc and PhD degrees.
I'd prefer it to many schools offering similar courses in the UK!

I'm very sorry for slightly derailing the thread though... We are all here to share ideas, aren't we?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Goodluck to u all this week. I hope and pray this week bcomes the last week of our waiting phase...

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
Dantidote: Goodluck to u all this week. I hope and pray this week bcomes the last week of our waiting phase...
Yes ooo.....Amen!!!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by DeKhase(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
First of all...
I am a past recipient of this scholarship and I can tell u that NDDC does not have any affiliation with the UK embassy as getting the visa is entirely up to you.
As regards the TB test, I suggest you book a test at one of the test centers and do it whole waiting .
If the balance of your scholarship stipend is less than the required amount needed for upkeep than I also suggest you have an alternative plan.
I believe the list will be out this week though even people working in the education department have no idea when the list will be released. As of late last week the list was already with the MD for approval so Fi gers crossed

3 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Benny247(m): 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
DeKhase: First of all...
I am a past recipient of this scholarship and I can tell u that NDDC does not have any affiliation with the UK embassy as getting the visa is entirely up to you.
As regards the TB test, I suggest you book a test at one of the test centers and do it whole waiting .
If the balance of your scholarship stipend is less than the required amount needed for upkeep than I also suggest you have an alternative plan.
I believe the list will be out this week though even people working in the education department have no idea when the list will be released. As of late last week the list was already with the MD for approval so Fi gers crossed

Thank you for stopping by to enlighten us....we need more of this as events unfolds.....#TeamOptimistic
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2014

Thanks boss... we appreciate more insight n tips frm u
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2014

see ginger o...I'm looking forward to Wednesday afternoon.
what if one forfeits his original admission and takes a course in one of the nddc schools (full funding), does it mean one is exempted from the 28days before one can apply for visa??
my reason for saying this is that most schools in the UK are affiliated to the UK embassy and such may grant exemptions.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by chivitech: 1:06am On Aug 11, 2014
sifo:
Good for you. But NDDC's 17800 pounds won't cover ur living expenses and accommodation so it means u have enough cash to settle that.

I have another scholarship. Just rooting for you guys for NDDC since we started together before I got the other scholarship.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by chivitech: 1:10am On Aug 11, 2014
csimms7: I've been following all what you all have been saying and I have one thing to say to those who said they'd forfeit. That's real weak talk. Balderdash. Rubbish! Forfeit kor forfeit ni! Na lack of information dey kill us for this one country we dey oooo! Let's look at the facts here. As stated the first school in Nigeria to appear amongst the top schools came in at about 3000, all the schools affiliated with the nddc fare way better than that. IPS we are talking about is not a university. It's for professional courses! It's like going to India for a professional course in automation, instrumentation and control that's why it's expensive and their affiliates also. Let's argue here with facts. We are waiting patiently and I pray we all get this then make I see una wey wan forfeit.

Bros, e go better for you ooo. Abeg make dem dey deceive themselves. na fear dey make them talk like that. Dey are just consoling themselves.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 5:21am On Aug 11, 2014
thanks bro..I wana ask,what if the balance u have on d scholarship letter is just 100pounds short of the required amount,will d embassy not allow that or they will insist u show the balance in ur acc
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 7:18am On Aug 11, 2014
Before going to the visa application centre (VFS) to apply for visa, does one have to book for an appointment?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by sifo: 8:46am On Aug 11, 2014
chivitech:

Bros, e go better for you ooo. Abeg make dem dey deceive themselves. na fear dey make them talk like that. Dey are just consoling themselves.
Fear of what? Consoling ourselves from what? . Up till this this point ur comments on the issue have been quite mature but SMH for this statement. Wish u all the best at Oxford

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 9:58am On Aug 11, 2014
cabaye:

what if one forfeits his original admission and takes a course in one of the nddc schools (full funding), does it mean one is exempted from the 28days before one can apply for visa??
my reason for saying this is that most schools in the UK are affiliated to the UK embassy and such may grant exemptions.

Bro, r u certain of Wednesday as d D-day
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by DeKhase(m): 10:17am On Aug 11, 2014
linton99: thanks bro..I wana ask,what if the balance u have on d scholarship letter is just 100pounds short of the required amount,will d embassy not allow that or they will insist u show the balance in ur acc

U need to show proof of funds (7200pounds) as living expenses. ..that's the minimum amount for a year for those in London and for those outside London the proof shud be 6000 pounds
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by DeKhase(m): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2014
Dantidote:

Bro, r u certain of Wednesday as d D-day

U are not exempted. ..point of correction , UKBA is NOT affiliated to any school..If u cannot show proof of fund nothing for you . For those going to Coventry University this is not a problem as the school fees is about 11k pounds leaving you with about 7500 pounds which is more than enough

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 11:02am On Aug 11, 2014
Coventry's rank is OK. Guardian UK ranking: 27th in 2015....33rd in 2014

http://studylink.co.uk/universities/rankings/

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_University

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
cabaye:

Cabaye, are u sure of wednesday? If the msg's come on wednesday, then i will regard u as the true prophet.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by chivitech: 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
sifo:
Fear of what? Consoling ourselves from what? . Up till this this point ur comments on the issue have been quite mature but SMH for this statement. Wish u all the best at Oxford

Thanks. It's aiit, guess I deserve that polite insult. Anyways, wishing you all the best too.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by crown86: 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
Well, I think there is little to worry if finally shortlisted.

I personally will be willing to get admission for any shortlisted applicants within the following Universities at no cost with evidence of required documentation and award letters:

1) Teeside University
2) Coventry University
3) University of Central Lancashire
4) Sheffield Halam University
5) Heriot Watt University ( 50% chance to meet up)
6) University of Portsmouth
7) Robert Gordon University ( Please note, Well Reservoir and Evaluation Management isnt available at this moment)
cool Brunel University
9) University of Birmigham
10) Glasgow University
11) University of Ulster
12) University of East Anglia
13) Bedfordshire University ( please note that this University had recently being flagged by UKBA. However it scale the hurdle and can still recruit. I am of the opinion that student should wait pending a conclusive outcome of the investigation for recruiting international students)
14) BPP University
15) University of Liverpool.

Please note this offer of free admission processing is only applicable for those of you in this forum shortlisted for the scholarship. It is voluntary and does not imply any affiliation with the scholarship awarding body.

For further information; you could contact on skype: emmexdon1 or email: crownhubconsulting@gmail.com. I would be available to answer any further questions here in the space of one hour

Regards
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
crown86: Well, I think there is little to worry if finally shortlisted.

I personally will be willing to get admission for any shortlisted applicants within the following Universities at no cost with evidence of required documentation and award letters:

1) Teeside University
2) Coventry University
7) Robert Gordon University ( Please note, Well Reservoir and Evaluation Management isnt available at this moment)
cool Brunel University
10) Glasgow University
11) University of Ulster
13) Bedfordshire University ( please note that this University had recently being flagged by UKBA. However it scale the hurdle and can still recruit. I am of the opinion that student should wait pending a conclusive outcome of the investigation for recruiting international students)
14) BPP University

Please note this offer of free admission processing is only applicable for those of you in this forum shortlisted for the scholarship. It is voluntary and does not imply any affiliation with the scholarship awarding body.

For further information; you could contact on skype: emmexdon1 or email: crownhubconsulting@gmail.com. I would be available to answer any further questions here in the space of one hour

Regards

The assistance is not necessary...UK admission is so easy to process. Thanks.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
Wow..I. Just got an email from IOM booking me for thursday 21st of August..,,,nddc I beg oo ma sms
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
Scientist how far, any useful info for us this week?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by crown86: 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
@Global careers....

Is okay to book an appointment before visiting the VFS for application submission. It is wise to fill the online forms, book the date and time for the interview ( though this could be effected when you have made the visa application fees online) and print out the automated generated form on the UKVI website.

You can visit this site: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ and google some information
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by athorello(m): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
crown86: Well, I think there is little to worry if finally shortlisted.

1) Teeside University
2) Coventry University
cool Brunel University
10) Glasgow University
11) University of Ulster
14) BPP University

Regards
thanks crown86. In which of these schools can I run a geoscience program that is affordable apart from Heriot-Watt. Already got an offer there but the cost is...umm...very high.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
linton99: Wow..I. Just got an email from IOM booking me for thursday 21st of August..,,,nddc I beg oo ma sms

Same date with me bro...u get any attachment file along ur mail cos me no get
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by crown86: 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
athorello:
thanks crown86. In which of these schools can I run a geoscience program that is affordable apart from Heriot-Watt. Already got an offer there but the cost is...umm...very high.

I will advise you stick to Heriot Watt University, Manchester is also expensive unless you like to consider another related programme like Petroleum Engineering at Teeside University. Fine if you have a second class upper.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dantidote:

Same date with me bro...u get any attachment file along ur mail cos me no get
yea..I think 5 attachments an ebola message,info sheet,instructn,acc details n medical form...urs is abj right? 7:30am
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
linton99: yea..I think 5 attachments an ebola message,info sheet,instructn,acc details n medical form...urs is abj right? 7:30am

Lag...
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
DeKhase:

U need to show proof of funds (7200pounds) as living expenses. ..that's the minimum amount for a year for those in London and for those outside London the proof shud be 6000 pounds
thanks bro..but see ehh..the new upkeep fund requirement frm 1st of july 2014 says 7380pounds minimum...mine is short by just 300pounds when u add n subtract nddc money...dunno if it will be an issue any idea??
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dantidote:

Lag...
ok.. Did u get those attachments I mentioned??
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
linton99: ok.. Did u get those attachments I mentioned??

Not at all...anyway IOM lag replied me today that d attachment wasn't needed

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (73) (Reply)

2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / IGNORE All 2024 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.