Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,127 members, 7,845,742 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (156650 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
enomakos:
What is the results of the two friendly between the golden eaglet vs soaring eaglets team?
exactly what I came here to ask.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by slam7000(m): 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
Icon4s:

exactly what I came here to ask.

Amuneke's golden eaglets beat the UK eaglets 9-0 in the first match. I think the second match ended in a 2-1 margin in favour of Amuneke's boys. Not sure of the result of the second match but first match was 9-0 victory for nwakali and his mates.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by juwoonn(m): 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
There is free 50K for grabs for newbies on NairaB3t; just follow my signature for details, if you're interested cheesy

Goodluck
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
Golden Eaglets hold Korea in Suwon Cup opener
Sep 2, 2015 22:30:44
Emmanuel Amuneke’s wards forced the Taegeuk Warriors to a scored draw at the international cadet championship opener
Nigeria U17 played a 1-1 draw with hosts Korea U17 in the opening match of the 2015 Suwon International Youth Football Tournament played on Wednesday.
Funsho Bamgboye’s 26th minute strike pulled the Golden Eaglets back to level terms after Lee Sang Heon’s third minute effort put Choi Jin-cheul’s side aside in the third minutes.
“I think it was a fair result though we would have loved to win,” coach Emmanuel Amuneke said after the game.
"It was a good game for us; we created more chances in the second half though we failed to take them."
With the result, Nigeria and Korea are jointly in second position behind Brazil who beat Croatia 2-1 in the tournament's opening match.
Amuneke’s wards face Brazil on Thursday while Croatia slug it out with Croatia.
Goal.com[/color][color=#550000]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
Golden eaglet defeat brazil 2-1 in their second match

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
enomakos:

Sign of good prospects for this team. With this singular result I can now look forward to d U17 WC.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
That's a good news. Drawing the first game against the Koreans and moving ahead to defeat the Brazillians in the absence of one of their stars(Nwakali n another guy). Hope they make us proud and give us something to celebrate this year.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by daveP(m): 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
Why is it that most local coaches in Nigeria, during an after match Press conference always use this sentence...

"we played and created more chances in the 2nd half and eh...."

Keshi, Garba, Amunike, Amokachi, Siasia, Bosso(lt), Eguavoen, Obuh, Ikhana, Amodu.......

like they're wired to say it all times
just saying. grin

Banking on Coachito Oliseh to change that pattern.

And why cant it all be done in the 1st half tactically?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Mustack: 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
AIG07:
Golden Eaglets hold Korea in Suwon Cup opener
Sep 2, 2015 22:30:44
Emmanuel Amuneke’s wards forced the Taegeuk Warriors to a scored draw at the international cadet championship opener
Nigeria U17 played a 1-1 draw with hosts Korea U17 in the opening match of the 2015 Suwon International Youth Football Tournament played on Wednesday.
Funsho Bamgboye’s 26th minute strike pulled the Golden Eaglets back to level terms after Lee Sang Heon’s third minute effort put Choi Jin-cheul’s side aside in the third minutes.
“I think it was a fair result though we would have loved to win,” coach Emmanuel Amuneke said after the game.
"It was a good game for us; we created more chances in the second half though we failed to take them."
With the result, Nigeria and Korea are jointly in second position behind Brazil who beat Croatia 2-1 in the tournament's opening match.
Amuneke’s wards face Brazil on Thursday while Croatia slug it out with Croatia.
Goal.com[/color][color=#550000]
pls YouTube video link pls
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Mustack: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
enomakos:
highlight video pls..
maybe YouTube link
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 10:21am On Sep 06, 2015
Icon4s:

Sign of good prospects for this team. With this singular result I can now look forward to d U17 WC.
it is a good result bro
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 10:22am On Sep 06, 2015
Mustack:
highlight video pls.. maybe YouTube link
sorry bro did't have
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 07, 2015
Eaglets was third in the suwon youth international tournament.

They lost their final match against Croatia 2-3. Ironically, both Nigeria and Croatia are in same group in the under 17 FIFA World Cup coming up next month in chile.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
gbosaa:
Eaglets was third in the suwon youth international tournament.

They lost their final match against Croatia 2-3. Ironically, both Nigeria and Croatia are in same group in the under 17 FIFA World Cup coming up next month in chile.

Too bad. Not a good sign of things to expect.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
Icon4s:

Too bad. Not a good sign of things to expect.
Hmm nigerians... wen dey defeatd brazil, it was a sign of gud tinz to cum, buh its nw a sign of bad things. We cnt judge d team nw cuz most of us avnt seen dem play yet

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
Well, it's better to lose now than at the tournament proper.

I believe they'll come good in Chile.

It's amazing to think only 6 players that were at niger 2015 went to this korea tourney. Others are newbies from the post-niger 2015 era.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
Was surfing the net and I stumbled on a news article from "all nigeria soccer.com" reputed for telling the truth sometimes, telling half-truths/half-lies sometimes, and spreading baseless rumors sometimes.

It's about amuneke being summoned by amodu shuaibu, technical director of all nigeria's national teams, to explain why he's coercing his players, especially those likely to make the final 21-man squad for chile 2015 to sign up secretly under his academy, the amuneke academy, so that when they get contracts abroad he would get the profits on the players.

Truth is I don't know how true and impecceble this story is but do you all think? Can sum1 confirm this? The only player in that squad that I know belongs to the amuneke academy is Kelechi nwakali. I've known of his link to that academy for close to a year now. Or was he also coerced much earlier?

IF THIS TRUE, THEN THIS IS REALLY REALLY BAD.

I JUST HOPE THIS ISN'T TRUE.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thesupernerd, only time will tell, with time the truth would be known. I Dont Trust Amuneke Because v heard So Many Rumours About Him Collecting Bribe And All Sorts of stuff, and you know there is no smoke without fire. only time will tell but one thing is sure the guy is not a honest person
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:06am On Sep 22, 2015
[size=14pt]Eaglets depart for Argentina[/size]

FIFA U-17 World Cup champions, the Golden Eaglets, will depart for a training camp in Argentina today ahead of the World Cup in Chile, officials have informed. Nigeria won a record fourth title in United Arab Emirates in 2013.

The Eaglets only recently returned from an invitational tournament in South Korea, where they placed third behind winners Brazil and runners-up Croatia.

Incidentally, they will battle Croatia at the World Cup in Chile after they lost to the same team 3-2 at the invitational tourney.

The Eaglets will open their title defence against USA next month.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
joseph1013:
[size=14pt]Eaglets depart for Argentina[/size]

FIFA U-17 World Cup champions, the Golden Eaglets, will depart for a training camp in Argentina today ahead of the World Cup in Chile, officials have informed. Nigeria won a record fourth title in United Arab Emirates in 2013.

The Eaglets only recently returned from an invitational tournament in South Korea, where they placed third behind winners Brazil and runners-up Croatia.

Incidentally, they will battle Croatia at the World Cup in Chile after they lost to the same team 3-2 at the invitational tourney.

The Eaglets will open their title defence against USA next month.
i just learn't that they're still much around. I fear for this set of eaglets-poor preparation, planning n even d coach himself is still saying 'he has no team yet'. Nigeria n it's FIREBRIGADE APPROACH-all eyes on us as the defending champion. Well Wishing the boys the best.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2015
I think some reports say they'll leave for Argentina on tuesday, 29th september.

Also some key players failed the final MRI test conducted while they awaited their visas. I'm not privy to the names of the players who failed the test.

But it brings to mind how the likes of key players pre-Uae 2013 lost their places on the team coz of the MRI and a few due to injuries. Players such as Bernard Bulbwa, MuAzam(Abdullahi Ibrahim), Izu Omego, Adeyinka Adewale(1st choice b4 injury ruled him out), Ahmed Umar, Ndidi Wilfred, Mustapha Abdullahi(picture boy), and Theophilus Solomon come to mind.

AIG07:
i just learn't that they're still much around. I fear for this set of eaglets-poor preparation, planning n even d coach himself is still saying 'he has no team yet'. Nigeria n it's FIREBRIGADE APPROACH-all eyes on us as the defending champion. Well Wishing the boys the best.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
I think some reports say they'll leave for Argentina on tuesday, 29th september.

Also some key players failed the final MRI test conducted while they awaited their visas. I'm not privy to the names of the players who failed the test.

But it brings to mind how the likes of key players pre-Uae 2013 lost their places on the team coz of the MRI and a few due to injuries. Players such as Bernard Bulbwa, MuAzam(Abdullahi Ibrahim), Izu Omego, Adeyinka Adewale(1st choice b4 injury ruled him out), Ahmed Umar, Ndidi Wilfred, Mustapha Abdullahi(picture boy), and Theophilus Solomon come to mind.

Picture boy did not fail MRI, He was injured.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
Wooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sir tbaba1234 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahaaha.............. You're back!!!!!!

Boyyyy!!!!! Am I glad to see you............. Welcome back Sir!!!!!!!

My goodnesssss!!!!!!!!!! Good to see u again Sir. Honestly, I've really missed you Sir....... *smiles*

tbaba1234:

Picture boy did not fail MRI, He was injured.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 9:28am On Sep 29, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

hmmm... This is serious.
Why must we have one or two players in our grade teams Who 'll fail d MRI TEST?
Or don't we have the machines here in nigeria(probably de're calibrated differently)?
Or is t because we always love to cheat on others?
Need some explanation pls.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54am On Sep 29, 2015
AIG07:
hmmm... This is serious.
Or don't we have the machines here in nigeria(probably de're calibrated differently)?

I agree with you. The Nigerian Footballing Federation should make sure we have our players tested with the MRI scan before preparation for the tournament begins. This is a massive set back to the coach and his crew.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by tbaba1234: 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
AIG07:
hmmm... This is serious.

They were tested through the qualifiers and the African tournament.

A boy that passed today, can fail in 6 months. Plus there are new boys that might not have been tested.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with you. The Nigerian Footballing Federation should make sure we have our players tested with the MRI scan before preparation for the tournament begins. This is a massive set back to the coach and his crew.
thanks... A massive set back indeed. Cos most players who falls victim are always d one d team is built around. I hope amuneke delivers...

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by AIG07: 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
tbaba1234:

A boy that passed today, can fail in 6 months. Plus there are new boys that might not have been tested.
*A boy that passed today, can fail in 6 months.*
sir, if that is d case den those handling d test needs to undergo further training-cos t 'll always comeback to fight us when d victims are out n no readymade players to replace them. We can not always bank on luck like d last tournament where d likes of nacho, awo n okon came to limelight after(bulbwa n others) gave way due to MRI. Sir. Joseph n others should keep us updated as d tournament draws near.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
You're right Sir because the Mri tests focus on the growth plates of the left wrist of these players. If the growth plate areas (epiphyses) are still open then the player is still within the age limit of 17 coz research shows that players with growth plates yet to fuse at the wrists are 99% super-likely to be 17 or less. The likelihood of such a one being 18 or more is 1%.

Also, players with fused growth plates at the wrist or in any other bone region around any joint are 1% likely to be 17 or less. Meaning they're 99% likely to be overaged (over 17).

And we all know a teenager's growth between 14 and 18 can be very rapid and exponential.

So, In the end Conducting these exercises at intervals is the answer.

1). Conduct an mri test for all the invited talents just b4 fresh u-17 camping begins
2). Conduct it every 5 or 6 months after the first..... Even through the Caf u-17 Afcon.
3). Be sure to conduct it, depending on the time scale, about 5-6 months b4 the world cup tournament proper (when or if we qualify)

tbaba1234:

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:03am On Sep 30, 2015
NFF general secretary, Mohammed Sanusi has disclosed to the media (e.g. Africanfootball.com) that the Golden Eaglets would "finally" depart Nigeria for Argentina on a pre-world cup camping exercise on thursday, October 1st (Nigeria's independence day- guess they'll celebrate theirs in the air *winks*). This will be the team's final training exercise before they hit Chile.

They couldn't travel out on tuesday 29th september as earlier proposed because of the "delay in visas acquisition."

The team of 25 players led by the Emmanuel Amuneke and Kabiru Baleria-led technical crew are looking to emulate the 1985 Golden Eaglets side that conquered the world when Current president, Muhammadu Buhari, was in power then as Military head of State.

All the best to the Golden Eaglets.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
OP HELP US WITH THE NIGERIAN TIME OF THE GOLDEN EAGLETS MATCHES. THE TOURNAMENT STARTS ON THE SEVENTEEN (17) OF THIS MONTH

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.