Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,876 members, 7,862,938 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:32 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (483680 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 1:54am On May 14, 2015
billante:

who says it must be chidera or saviour will be axed for him to have a spot....they can remove someone from the midfield for him.....Ifeanyi Ifeanyi can give way
you don't know Ifeanyi, hence you mention the name flippantly.

Success too should give way. After all, playing with Granada is different from playing with this team......if they don't release him in less than 48 hours, he will be sent enroute to Siasia, no questions asked
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Leon2036(m): 2:30am On May 14, 2015
I used to admire ur contribution a lot, buh its seems this ur consign about Success is turning into hatred, but I wouldn't argue with u, until the final list is out!!! The only thing I want to ask and I want a straight answer is, IS KELECHI AND MOSES in camp already?? If not why have u not been talking about them and like I saw on here that the team is ready to apply for a NZ visa for kelechi so that he can join them up in NZ if he does not make it to the camp, yet u didn't talk about that! I wonder why
safarigirl:
you don't know Ifeanyi, hence you mention the name flippantly.

Success too should give way. After all, playing with Granada is different from playing with this team......if they don't release him in less than 48 hours, he will be sent enroute to Siasia, no questions asked

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:33am On May 14, 2015
Leon2036:
I used to admire ur contribution a lot, buh its seems this ur consign about Success is turning into hatred, but I wouldn't argue with u, until the final list is out!!! The only thing I want to ask and I want a straight answer is, IS KELECHI AND MOSES in camp already?? If not why have u not been talking about them and like I saw on here that the team is ready to apply for a NZ visa for kelechi so that he can join them up in NZ if he does not make it to the camp, yet u didn't talk about that! I wonder why

She does not hate Success or prefer another. She feels Success used up all the chances he had to make the team and the efforts of others stand ahead.

Simon Moses handlers are in constant communication with the Flying Eagles coaching crew. Same with Nacho who the Man City medical staffs delayed to get him back to his full fitness.

Just like Tottenham and Yahaya's case, the Coaches of the Flying Eagles monitored his development.

Success case, we see the handlers and the body giving him a deadline to get to camp. It is different. Not hatred.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by naijanoni(m): 6:37am On May 14, 2015
safarigirl:
I hate injustice not Baba Success.

I do not understand the basis for clamouring for someone who has not played with the team since 2013 and has not even bothered to follow up with their progress since then.

He has failed to contact any of the team handlers, he has most likely lost touch with the entire team and will probably ruin their cohesion and worst of all, he hasn't played a game in 2 weeks, for all we know he's not fit.

And you're going to drop 2 dedicated players one of whom could have remained in his team, FC Porto just chilling until something happens, but instead made it to camp on time. Two players who have been busting their azzes and scoring goals even, for someone who you're banking on based off his performance at the U-17 AYC?

Dude, If Saviour and Chidera were your relatives, you wouldn't be talking like this. There is nothing placinng Success above those guys at all

A player who failed to keep in touch all this time only to come and gatecrash the party at the last minute does NOT deserve a place and I hope he doesn't get it and if he does, I hope he has a terrible tournament like he did in UAE cuz that would be Karma doing her thing.

That's harsh. He didn't sign himself, granada are his employers. He cant just walk out on them just like that without their permission. Granada has the final say as to when success leaves the club, NOT success. Like someone said, among the Flying eagles, Only success and Moses simon are playing professionally for the 1st teams of a european club. So their cases are different from the others.
Iheanacho is only playing for city's youth teams NOT the 1st team.
Gent said they'll only release Moses simon on the 25th of May. Only 4 days to the tournament. If despite that, manu still got his name as a sure banker to make d final team, why should success' case be different ?. And mind you Moses simon is very allien to the philosophy of the team, he has never played with the team, success has. As for the 'calling' matter, we're not sure about that. And even if its true, there could be reasons.
In december, Success was demoted 4rm the 1st team to Granada B in the 3rd division, simply because he resumed a little bit late after the la liga break. It took him months to fight his way back again into the 1st team. Any slight shit from him could ruin his club career.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by naijanoni(m): 6:50am On May 14, 2015
If Success isn't going to make the final list simply because of reporting late to camp, Moses simon too shouldn't. Thats justice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 6:54am On May 14, 2015
naijanoni:

That's harsh. He didn't sign himself, granada are his employers. He cant just walk out on them just like that without their permission. Granada has the final say as to when success leaves the club, NOT success. Like someone said, among the Flying eagles, Only success and Moses simon are playing professionally for the 1st teams of a european club. So their cases are different from the others.
Iheanacho is only playing for city's youth teams NOT the 1st team.
Gent said they'll only release Moses simon on the 25th of May. Only 4 days to the tournament. If despite that, manu still got his name as a sure banker to make d final team, why should success' case be different ?. And mind you Moses simon is very allien to the philosophy of the team, he has never played with the team, success has. As for the calling issue, we 'calling' matter, we're not sure about that. And even if its true, there could be reasons.
In december, Success was demoted 4rm the 1st team to Granada B in the 3rd division, simply because he resumed a little bit late after the la liga break. It took him months to fight his way back again into the 1st team. Any slight shit from him could ruin his club career.
left to me Moses Simon would not make that team either.....but at least he's shown more zeal to be in the team AND he's been playing regularly so they're sure of his fitness. Can you vouch for Success' fitness?

Every info we rely on is from the news and if we have taken the others as truth, I see no reason why we should doubt this one of him not contacting people simply because. Oh, someone just made up a story to discredit the guy.

Let's play a game titled 'All the excuses we can make for Success'....and see how far it goes before his deadline. Hope we're not forgetting he has a deadline which he most likely will not reach going by Granada's request to keep him till their game on Friday.

Nobody says he should defy his club, he was just unfortunate to have been loaned to a shitty club that just might stagnate rather than progress his career.

We can all make excuses when it's convenient, "I wasn't feeling well" "I lost someone" "I got robbed"....but life just doesn't care in the long run. Whether by his powers or not, what's missed is missed

Like TheGoodJoe said, we don't blame Success for being unable to join the team, so we won't blame Manu if he doessn't include the guy. Life is ruthless like that *shruga*

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 7:03am On May 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

She does not hate Success or prefer another. She feels Success used up all the chances he had to make the team and the efforts of others stand ahead.

Simon Moses handlers are in constant communication with the Flying Eagles coaching crew. Same with Nacho who the Man City medical staffs delayed to get him back to his full fitness.

Just like Tottenham and Yahaya's case, the Coaches of the Flying Eagles monitored his development.

Success case, we see the handlers and the body giving him a deadline to get to camp. It is different. Not hatred.
Thank You. And some people here instead of talking about facts on ground are busy calling Success the Messi of U-20, on top how many goals? Even Emenike and Ahmed Musa sef are the Messis of Super Eagles cheesy
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by billante(m): 7:36am On May 14, 2015
safarigirl:
Thank You. And some people here instead of talking about facts on ground are busy calling Success the Messi of U-20, on top how many goals? Even Emenike and Ahmed Musa sef are the Messis of Super Eagles cheesy

This lady eeh!

Anyway am sure if its your son that is in success situation all this ur mouthing go change!

you have made your point, let's wait for coach list.....if success doesn't make the list, life goes on.....he will still earn more money than them that went to d world cup...the main thing is let the others come home with cup!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 7:38am On May 14, 2015
Am I the only one getting scared for this team? The expectations on this team is too high and am afraid,they may not handle the pressure well. History has it that most Nigerian teams disappoint when u expect them to go all the way. I just pray the case would be different for this team. They are too talented to fail. #teamflyingeagles
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 7:49am On May 14, 2015
billante:

This lady eeh!

Anyway am sure if its your son that is in success situation all this ur mouthing go change!

you have made your point, let's wait for coach list.....if success doesn't make the list, life goes on.....[b]he will still earn more money than them that went to d world cup[b]...the main thing is let the others come home with cup!
lol....indeed. I know a lot of players Mikel earns more money than as well. After all, football can be a passion as well as a business venture grin
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Leon2036(m): 7:53am On May 14, 2015
There are more better ways to put than wishing him to have a bad tournament if selected,and they keep saying his management is not in contact with the coaches, I wonder. Where they got that from, becos to the best of Mt knowledge the only reason for all this is becasue Granada sees him as an important part of Their battle against relegation
TheGoodJoe:

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:07am On May 14, 2015
Leon2036:
There are more better ways to put than wishing him to have a bad tournament if selected,and they keep saying his management is not in contact with the coaches, I wonder. Where they got that from, becos to the best of Mt knowledge the only reason for all this is becasue Granada sees him as an important part of Their battle against relegation
got it from a sports journalist on twitter who is in contact with Manu and the backroom staff

Same person most of the info that Joseph isn't posting has been coming from. No reason to doubt him cuz he's as unbiased as can be and is even trying to justify Isaac's inclusion....

Like tbaba said, if he must make the list, maybe they can drop a defender
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Leon2036(m): 8:15am On May 14, 2015
I think what he meant to say is that the team(Granada) has not gotten in contact with the handlers of the u20 not his management,I'm not supporting is inclusion in place of those who has been there before that's a decision to be made by the coaches, buh its not fair wishing him to have a bad tournament if selected, I know u wouldn't wish that 4 ur your younger brothe no matter what.
safarigirl:
got it from a sports journalist on twitter who is in contact with Manu and the backroom staff

Same person most of the info that Joseph isn't posting has been coming from. No reason to doubt him cuz he's as unbiased as can be and is even trying to justify Isaac's inclusion....

Like tbaba said, if he must make the list, maybe they can drop a defender
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:48am On May 14, 2015
Saviour Godwin has been in devastating form in training. He scored a brace in training yesterday. All the defenders are wary of marking him lest he does them a 'boateng' and Manu Garba uses that to judge their place on the list.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:59am On May 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]NFF insists on code of conduct for Flying Eagles, Others[/size]

Applying the code of conduct on the national teams has not been discarded as the Nigeria Football Federation has directed that players who represent the country at all levels must sign the papers.

The decision, amongst others, was reached on Wednesday when the Executive Committee of the federation held its sixth meeting in Abuja.

The fresh directive will take off with Nigeria’s U-20 team, the Flying Eagles, who will campaign at the 2015 FIFA World Cup which kicks off this month in New Zealand.

The NFF members are not limiting the application to the players as it will also cover officials of the national teams.

And just as it has been planned with the launch of the new kits for the national teams, the women’s national team, the Super Falcons, will be the next in line to sign the document will. They will sign the code before the commencement of the FIFA Women’s World Cup holding in Canada by June.

The decision of the NFF board posted on its website read, “In the interest of the nation and as a means of regulating the conduct of players and officials representing the country at any point in time, the Committee endorsed a proposal for all players and officials of the national teams to sign a Code of Conduct, starting with the contingent to the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in New Zealand and the FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada.”

The decision to reintroduce the document to the national teams came up under the tenure of former sports minister Bolaji Abdullahi. The decision followed the first of strike action embarked upon by the Eagles in Namibia after an African Cup of Nations qualifier. The strike action made the team arrive late in Brazil for the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup. Since the document was produced, numerous reasons were tabled as to why the implementation could not start. The Eagles also embarked on an even bigger strike action during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil over cash.

The initial attempt to get the Eagles to sign a code of conduct before the 1998 World Cup in France failed as only two players reportedly agreed to sign.

The Wednesday meeting held at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel also determined that elections will be conducted in November 2015 into some of the league boards. The leagues listed are the Nigeria National League, the Nigeria Women Football League and the Nigeria Nation-Wide League.

The members also commended the efforts of their president, Mr. Amaju Pinnick, in promoting Nigeria football at home and abroad.[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by bigblangston: 9:01am On May 14, 2015
joseph1013:
Saviour Godwin has been in devastating form in training. He scored a brace in training yesterday. All the defenders are wary of marking him lest he does them a 'boateng' and Manu Garba uses that to judge their place on the list.
dats gud bt I ve stopped believing all dis he scored in trainin stuff durin d time of christain chukwu and amodu shuiabu (if I'm right). U will be readin it on complete sports and even brila fm then always singin praises of a certain tiger of lagos then called steven ayodele makinwa. Dey will say he was d best performer in trainin,scorin goals wit reckless abandon and even outshinin oda strikers, bt we all knw hw it turned out for him. I bet if dat dude scored 5 goals for Super eagles... Don't let us be moved by all dis he scored in training stuff, live match situations can be overwhelmin for some pro players

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Leon2036(m): 9:10am On May 14, 2015
1 chilled orijin for u Bros
bigblangston:
dats gud bt I ve stopped believing all dis he scored in trainin stuff durin d time of christain chukwu and amodu shuiabu (if I'm right). U will be readin it on complete sports and even brila fm then always singin praises of a certain tiger of lagos then called steven ayodele makinwa. Dey will say he was d best performer in trainin,scorin goals wit reckless abandon and even outshinin oda strikers, bt we all knw hw it turned out for him. I bet if dat dude scored 5 goals for Super eagles... Don't let us be moved by all dis he scored in training stuff, live match situations can be overwhelmin for some pro players
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by kannymoore(m): 9:38am On May 14, 2015
safarigirl:
, I hope he has a terrible tournament like he did in UAE cuz that would be Karma doing her thing.

JEEZUS!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked !

I'm so sorry but my respect for you after this statement has dropped several notches.. for real!

Asin!.. how can you utter those words?..praying for someone's injury and and failure over another player you favor?

You can as well wish someone dead just so you or your loved-ones succeed for all i care.

Now that's so low...very very low coming from you.

Hasn't the said Success paid his dues in the national team already?

Can't you remember that he is a professional player, TIED DOWN BY A PROFFESSIONAL CONTRACT (unlike most of his peers) and as such, is owned by his club?

I'm not absolving Success of any blame. He has more than his fair share of blame but sometimes, you need to put yourself in some of these players shoes to understand where they are coming from.

I for one believe that Success's present misfortune is tied to circumstances that happened to him around thebeginning of the year.
It was the winter break.. players were on holidays. Success included.
Success decides to spend his in naija with his folks.
Now, just before he was due to return back to spain, his grand dad passed on. Success decides to stay back and mourn and attend to funeral preparations before jetting back to his base.
Any normal club would be magnanimous enough to understand this young African guy's plight but no, not Granada.
The fined the boy, punished him and ensured he lost his starting position in the club.

Fast forward to today... shey you see the antics being played by the club in releasing Success for the upcoming tourney. Granada never replied any of Manu's Letters with effect to Isaac's release until ONLY A FEW DAYS AGO! That's how terrible that club's officials could be!

So abeg, cut Isaac some slack and hope he come's through. We have only one out and out striker in the team in Awoniyi. If he's injured, i'd hate to say this but we'll be bound to have some problems with scoring. Case in study; the last Hoffenheim match.

So what i'll suggest is this, allow Success arrive and let him prove his fitness in camp. If he is BETTER THAN what we have on ground, then he should join the team for the World Cup.

Bar Awoniyi and maybe Nacho, I don't think we have anyone who has Success' scoring instinct and touch on a good day.

Good morning folks!!..,

Looking forward to the next Friendly tomorrow!

Cheers! grin

4 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by bigblangston: 9:44am On May 14, 2015
kannymoore:

JEEZUS!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked !

I'm so sorry but my respect for you after this statement has dropped several notches.. for real!

Asin!.. how can you utter those words?..praying for someone's injury and and failure over another player you favor?

You can as well wish someone dead just so you or your loved-ones succeed for all i care.

Now that's so low...very very low coming from you.

Hasn't the said Success paid his dues in the national team already?

Can't you remember that he is a professional player, TIED DOWN BY A PROFFESSIONAL CONTRACT (unlike most of his peers) and as such, is owned by his club?

I'm not absolving Success of any blame. He has more than his fair share of blame but sometimes, you need to put yourself in some of these players shoes to understand where they are coming from.

I for one believe that Success's present misfortune is tied to circumstances that happened to him around thebeginning of the year.
It was the winter break.. players were on holidays. Success included.
Success decides to spend his in naija with his folks.
Now, just before he was due to return back to spain, his grand dad passed on. Success decides to stay back and mourn and attend to funeral preparations before jetting back to his base.
Any normal club would be magnanimous enough to understand this young African guy's plight but no, not Granada.
The fined the boy, punished him and ensured he lost his starting position in the club.

Fast forward to today... shey you see the antics being played by the club in releasing Success for the upcoming tourney. Granada never replied any of Manu's Letters with effect to Isaac's release until ONLY A FEW DAYS AGO! That's how terrible that club's officials could be!

So abeg, cut Isaac some slack and hope he come's through. We have only one out and out striker in the team in Awoniyi. If he's injured, i'd hate to say this but we'll be bound to have some problems with scoring. Case in study; the last Hoffenheim match.

So what i'll suggest is this, allow Success arrive and let him prove his fitness in camp. If he is BETTER THAN what we have on ground, then he should join the team for the World Cup.

Bar Awoniyi and maybe Nacho, I don't think we have anyone who has Success' scoring instinct and touch on a good day.

Good morning folks!!..,

Looking forward to the next Friendly tomorrow!

Cheers! grin
Those re words!! To further buttress ur point let me chip dis story my mother told me. A lovely little girl was holding two apples with both hands.
Her mum came in and softly asked her little daughter with a smile: my sweetie, could you give your mum one of your two apples?
The girl looked up at her mum for some seconds, then she suddenly took a quick bite on one apple, and then quickly on the other.
The mum felt the smile on her face freeze. She tried hard not to reveal her disappointment.
Then the little girl handed one of her bitten apples to her mum,and said: mummy, here you are. This is the sweeter one.

No matter who you are, how experienced you are, and how knowledgeable you think you are, always delay judgement. Give others the privilege to explain themselves. What you see may not be the reality. Never conclude for others. I saw dis somewher on nairaland btw

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by bigblangston: 9:48am On May 14, 2015
Leon2036:
1 chilled orijin for u Bros
Orijin dis early mornin? Pls u fit bring malt. Thank u sir

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:02am On May 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

bros u can stop it now we all know she hates Success because he opposes the love of her life Awoniyi lol i don't blame her sha the boy is on fire plus she isn't a band waggon jumper her previous posts had stated her love for the boy.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 11:05am On May 14, 2015
Report Now has it that Success is a sure banker for for Nz as the nff and granada came to an agreement this morning...Great News if u aks me, but the question is who will be sacrificed..ezeh or saviour??
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 11:17am On May 14, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

bros u can stop it now we all know she hates Success because he opposes the love of her life Awoniyi lol i don't blame her sha the boy is on fire plus she isn't a band waggon jumper her previous posts had stated her love for the boy.
this is the most dense thing anyone can say. Are you freaking five? Why take a joke about an Awoniyi I've never met, so serious? Success can't even bench Awoniyi to start with. If you failed to understand my point all through, fine. But this has nothing to do with Awoniyi, NOTHING AT ALL. Why attack my person? Cuz I'm posting an opinion you don't agree with? I'm so close to cursing you out, but I won't give you the pleasure. Please, don't even quote anything concerning me henceforth. I hope for your sake and all the Success fanboys here that his inclusion doesn't backfire on the team, I'm done with the topic. Good Morning.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by zoboizee: 11:18am On May 14, 2015
Flying Eagles coach assures
Exclusive By Johnny Edward

The trio of Kelechi Iheanaho, Isaac Success
and Moses Simon has been assured of places
in the Flying Eagles squad for the FIFA U-20
World Cup in New Zealand, Complete Sports
can report exclusively.
But the trio, according to the head coach of
the team, Manu Garba, must be certified fully
fit for the competition before they will be
picked.
Garba told Complete Sports in an exclusive
chat Wednesday night that he has been in
constant touch with the trio and that the
three clubs Manchester City, Granada and
Gent have agreed to release the players the
team.
"Success’ team, Granada is battling relegation
in the La Liga and they have pleaded with us
that they will release him to us immediately
on the 24th after their game against Atlético
Madrid," he began in a chat.
"Same with Daddy Simon, he will join the
team in New Zealand after his team's final
game in the play-offs. The problem with
Iheanacho is his visa, once that is sorted he
will join the team.
"We all know these players and they are not
new to the team so they know how we play.
They have been with us since the U-17 days
and it will be easy for them to fit into the
team.
"We all know the kind of qualities these
players (Iheanaho, Success and Simon)
possess and how they will be of importance
to our team for the World Cup. They will add
value to our team.
On why he started Taiwo Awoniyi from the
bench in his side’s 5-2 win against
Hoffenheim; he said: "There have been lots
of talks about him lately and we must do
everything to ensure he is in top shape for
the World Cup because many teams will be
watching him to find means and ways to
scheme him out of games.
"He scored three goals, yes, but every player
here are doing well to represent the team at
the World Cup level so we have a team to
face the world." he concluded.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 11:19am On May 14, 2015
joxxy01:
Report Now has it that Success is a sure banker for for Nz as the nff and granada came to an agreement this morning...Great News if u aks me, but the question is who will be sacrificed..ezeh or saviour??
the entire team will be sacrificed just so Messi can help us win the world cup after scoring 20 goals grin

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20am On May 14, 2015
fwesh3:
Am I the only one getting scared for this team? The expectations on this team is too high and am afraid,they may not handle the pressure well. History has it that must Nigerian teams disappoint when u expect them to go all the way. I just pray the case would be different for this team. They are too talented to fail. #teamflyingeagles

As long as the team plays their normal football and stick to their philosophy and training, everything will fall in place. It is not about hype or expectations but carrying out their training on the pitch.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:27am On May 14, 2015
safarigirl:
this is the most dense thing anyone can say. Are you freaking five? Why take a joke about an Awoniyi I've never met, so serious? Success can't even bench Awoniyi to start with. If you failed to understand my point all through, fine. But this has nothing to do with Awoniyi, NOTHING AT ALL. Why attack my person? Cuz I'm posting an opinion you don't agree with? I'm so close to cursing you out, but I won't give you the pleasure. Please, don't even quote anything concerning me henceforth. I hope for your sake and all the Success fanboys here that his inclusion doesn't backfire on the team, I'm done with the topic. Good Morning.

Let us trust the Coaches of the Flying Eagles. They have their reasons. Although, I do not think the foreign players will start ahead of those in camp. Remember Nacho started from the bench in the last games he played for the team.

Let us wait for the final list.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by billante(m): 11:27am On May 14, 2015
safarigirl:

Women and their mouth! see as your mouth just dey run

Anyway that's where una strength lies...fire on!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by confun: 11:32am On May 14, 2015
Hey guys, ds a football thread not politics, I feel we shd share our opinions politely, av been a nairaland silent observer and I don't comment as such because I no get mind for insults, BT since ds a football thread, a game I love so much, I always love to comment, BT seems some pp are sharing dir opinions wit insults (well maybe jokingly), let's try to minimize insults biko, my humble opinion, tx.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 11:50am On May 14, 2015
billante:

Women and their mouth! see as your mouth just dey run

Anyway that's where una strength lies...fire on!
this is a highly chauvinistic comment which I am insulted by. I ask that you refrain from attributing certain characteristics which I may display on here to an entire race of people. As much as you may wish to be deluded, I have been around enough guys to know that 'running mouth' is not a distinct characteristic of women. Given the right topic, men are also well-skilled in the art of chatterboxing.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 12:03pm On May 14, 2015
Abeg, make una relax bikonu. We will all be happy at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 12:14pm On May 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Interview with Wilfred Ndidi[/size]

Wilfred Ndidi has expressed confidence the Flying Eagles will go all the way to become the first Nigerian team to win the FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

He has also backed his Belgian club Genk to contend for the championship next season after they narrowly missed out on the playoffs in the outgoing season.

The full interview:

QUESTION: How is it since you joined up with the Flying Eagles in the training camp in Nurnberg, Germany?

WILFRED NDIDI: It has been wonderful because I have missed my friends a lot.

You have already played your first test match with the team after you came on in the first half as the Flying Eagles beat Hoffenheim U23s 5-2. How was the experience?

It was a good match, I was really happy to play again for the team.

What are your impressions on the performance of the team generally?

It was a good performance in a very standard game.

How has the training and the general preparations for the U20 World Cup been?

It has been good and demanding. We are on our way to being the best U20 team in the world. We want to win the World Cup.

You joined top Belgian club Genk in January. How has it been since then?

It was not an easy start for me as this was my first pro club. I trained with the first team with so many full internationals. But I have enjoyed a lot of encouragement from the coaches and players and this has made it a lot easier for me to settle in.

At the beginning I trained and played more with the second team, where I am a regular. Later, I started playing for the first team as a left back and right back mostly as a sub.

I only played one full game with the first team and it was quite interesting.

The positions you have mentioned are not your familiar central defence position.

Yes, I have never played in those positions before I joined Genk. That was why I said it was not easy for me at the start because I have not been playing my normal position in the first team. I found it really difficult sometimes as a result.

I have discovered for instance that it is a lot easier for me to play at right back than left back because I can make some actions from right back and I am a lot more careful.

In the coming season, do we see you playing in your familiar position in central defence?

I really hope so especially as we will have a new coach and he will have to decide a lot of things.

What then becomes of the coach who signed you – Alex Mcleish?

He is leaving at the end of the season.

What do you think you could achieve with Genk in the coming season after you came close to reaching the championship playoffs this outgoing season?

We were really, really close to making the playoffs, but many of the first-team players were injured at a crucial time of the season and this affected us.

I believe the new season will be a great one for the team.

What are your other targets?

The main focus is to win the U20 World Cup especially as Nigeria have never won it. It will be great to achieve this even though I also know it will not be easy.

This will be your second U20 World Cup after you also played at the 2013 tournament in Turkey. Your experience from Turkey should rub off on your other teammates.

I was in Turkey and gained some experience and I hope I can motivate my other teammates, give them more confidence, at this year’s competition.

Would it surprise you if coach Stephen Keshi called you up soon for the Super Eagles?

I am a young player and I believe I have many years to play for the Super Eagles. If it happens now, I will thank God.

And would you then be able to grab such a chance so as to establish yourself in the Eagles?

I will grab my chance even it means playing at left back, right back or even as a goalkeeper (laughing). I am ready. [/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.