Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,134 members, 7,842,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (482115 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:05pm On May 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Bernard Bulbwa not Esperance player - agent[/size]

The agent of Flying Eagles star Bernard Bulbwa has maintained his player has yet to conclude negotiations with Esperance and as such he is not a player of the Tunisian club.

Bulbwa has reportedly signed a five-year contract with Esperance after his stunning winner at the recent African Youth Championship in Senegal.

But UK-based agent Frankie Stephen has now told AfricanFootball.com no contract has been agreed between him and the top Tunisian club.

“Bernard Bulbwa is not a player of Esperance Sportive de Tunis,” declared Stephen.

“They invited the player to Tunis, they met with him and all sorts of terms were discussed and unfortunately Esperance are yet to meet the demands I put up for my player and the transfer fee for his academy.

“They promised to speak to me for negotiations to continue, but so far they have not met their side of the bargain. It has been one promise after the other.”

He continued: “I was supposed to meet the vice president of Esperance in London on the 22 of April, he did not turn up. I called him several times prior to this meeting so he could confirm he was coming over, he never returned my calls.

“On the day of the meeting I called him several times, he never returned or picked my calls. I sent him a text in the evening and he never responded.

“I later got a text from him saying something had come up and he was not going to make the trip.

“We were then scheduled to meet on 8 of May, he did not turn up. We were to meet on the 13 of May, he did not turn up.

“Now I am not sure that all those statements credited to Esperance that Bernard Bulbwa is their player are true.

“I say it again categorically that Bernard Bulbwa is not a player of Esperance.

“If they were to meet our proposals then we could say negotiations would be fruitful, but as we stand right now, Bernard is focused a 100% on winning the U20 World Cup in New Zealand with Nigeria.

“He’s happy and totally committed to his duties with the Flying Eagles.”

Stephen said he would be forced to take the next step of action if Esperance failed to come to the table.

“I intend to follow the right procedures. Whatever it is that they have discussed with my player, I have not seen any paper work. I have been asking them to send me whatever it is they have. They have not sent to me. They have sent me nothing,” he said.

“I say 100% again my player is not a player of Esperance until they prove otherwise.

“As a professional football intermediary, I owe it to my player to look at the content of whatever it is a club is asking him to sign so as to at least advise him.

“Bernard Bulbwa is a super talented footballer, but he is not a professional football intermediary or agent. He needs me, he’s my client and I have to guide him.” [/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 6:13pm On May 14, 2015
All these agents are the reason why good deals for players fail. Even though, i do not want bulbwa to go to Esperance, all i am reading is a typical agent gunning for his pocket. I wish agents can examine what is the best deal for a player's development first before money. They stand the chance of making much more money from the player when he gets to the top.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 6:15pm On May 14, 2015
safarigirl:
still beats me why Keshi still has that job. Abeg when will Herve Rénard be available for selection? Got a huge crush on that man grin

That is a discussion for another day . These set of guys (under 20)will cover him up with their exceptional ability ,only if he can tap the opportunity and change his philosophy of selecting rookies .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:55pm On May 14, 2015
Manu is the right man for the plan. Only a world class coach removes a player right after coming in as a sub then plays him in the finals of the same competition and gets a good result from the player. If the NFF still insists on Keshi after we win this cup i oblige Manu to go to Europe or at least South Africa who have a league that can showcase his talents.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 8:04pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

Forget keshi, his team selection is terrible. If Keshi wants home based player, he should select the best in the league.Already, these flying eagles have beaten the best in Nigeria's league. There is no excuse why they have not even had one cap.

I prefer Siasia handles the bulk of them next till Keshi's two year contract ends.
i agreed
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 8:13pm On May 14, 2015
Thank god bulbwa has not gone to esperance after d u20 make go europe jhur and pls does yahaya play 4 totenham u18 in d youth epl?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 8:26pm On May 14, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
Manu is the right man for the plan. Only a world class coach removes a player right after coming in as a sub then plays him in the finals of the same competition and gets a good result from the player. If the NFF still insists on Keshi after we win this cup i oblige Manu to go to Europe or at least South Africa who have a league that can showcase his talents.

Manu is a pro,no doubt abt that. He knw what's doing. Which player are u referring to? Bulbwa?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by moneyallowed(m): 8:51pm On May 14, 2015
Tomtoxic:
Thank god bulbwa has not gone to esperance after d u20 make go europe jhur and pls does yahaya play 4 totenham u18 in d youth epl?
No he doesn't, i guess it has to do with the injury he suffered
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:08pm On May 14, 2015
moneyallowed:

He plays in unofficial games, I don't think, he has a work permit yet.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by moneyallowed(m): 9:20pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

He plays in unofficial games, I don't think, he has a work permit yet.
Ok that would explain it. Going for the U-20 world cup should help him get a permit
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:24pm On May 14, 2015
I understand Keshi has released another disastrous list.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:30pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

Forget keshi, his team selection is terrible. If Keshi wants home based player, he should select the best in the league.Already, these flying eagles have beaten the best in Nigeria's league. There is no excuse why they have not even had one cap.

I prefer Siasia handles the bulk of them next till Keshi's two year contract ends.

Remember, Coach Keshi invited few of these lads to his CHAN camp. He has plans for them. Let them grow through the ranks. After a memorable World Youth Championship and these boys break into top clubs, Coach Keshi will call them up.

He can see they are talented.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:33pm On May 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Remember, Coach Keshi invited few of these lads to his CHAN camp. He has plans for them. Let them grow through the ranks. After a memorable World Youth Championship and these boys break into top clubs, Coach Keshi will call them up.

He can see they are talented.

Keshi is terrible with selection.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2015
lexyman:

But Nff trusted him .although ,he has not been consistent ... The Nff technical crew has to come into his team selection to stop his biased way of deleting players .

I disagree with the interference of the NFF. Contrary to what the media say about Coach Keshi, he makes some good selections.

As much as people disagree with his choices, his dropping of Onazi for Hope Akpan solidified our midfield and made our performances improve in the last three games of the qualifiers.

The breakthrough of Aaron Samuel, Sone Aluko and Michael Babatunde was brilliant,
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:36pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

Keshi is terrible with selection.

It takes time to select and balance your team. Like it or not, we were formidable in the last three games where we scored seven goals in three games. We won two and drew one. That can not be terrible.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:39pm On May 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I disagree with the interference of the NFF. Contrary to what the media say about Coach Keshi, he makes some good selections.
As much as people disagree with his choices, his dropping of Onazi for Hope Akpan solidified our midfield and made our performances improve in the last three games of the qualifiers.
The breakthrough of Aaron Samuel, Sone Aluko and Michael Babatunde was brilliant,

Sone Aluko should have been invited ages before keshi did.

The bad selections outweigh the good ones.. There are great keepers in our league but Keshi invited agbim and akpeyi when they were bench warmers.

Is Egwuekwe the best defender in the league??

Keshi should at least select the league's best players.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:41pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:
All these agents are the reason why good deals for players fail. Even though, i do not want bulbwa to go to Esperance, all i am reading is a typical agent gunning for his pocket. I wish agents can examine what is the best deal for a player's development first before money. They stand the chance of making much more money from the player when he gets to the top.

Note, the staffs of Esperance have not met with the agent. That is the problem. Esperance staffs should meet with him and iron out whatever is the problem. They met with him, he gave them his demands.

Now they have gone behind him to sign a contract with the player and refused to give him a copy of the document.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:42pm On May 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It takes time to select and balance your team. Like it or not, we were formidable in the last three games where we scored seven goals in three games. We won two and drew one. That can not be terrible.

I used to defend keshi until he took reuben gabriel and uchebo to the world cup... And he played Salami in Nigeria's starting lineup.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 9:43pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:
I understand Keshi has released another disastrous list.
yes o.....26 homebased players to go against Chad at the 2017 AFCON Qualifiwes'

Is it just me or is this man trying to prove a point in futility?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

Sone Aluko should have been invited ages before keshi did.

The bad selections outweigh the good ones.. There are great keepers in our league but Keshi invited agbim and akpeyi when they were bench warmers.

Is Egwuekwe the best defender in the league??

Keshi should at least select the league's best players.

Remember, different coaches have different philosophy. A defender might look prolific under a system and look poor under another. Look at how hard it is for Mangala to blend at Man City.

Note Egwueke did well in the South African game when Coach Keshi pulled off Omeruo and left only Egwueke in central defence. He held his own and we did not concede.

As for Agbim, his problem is positional errors but his reflexes are amazing. If the Keeper coach can sort out Agbim's positional errors, he will be great.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

I used to defend keshi until he took reuben gabriel and uchebo to the world cup... And he played Salami in Nigeria's starting lineup.

Check the stats, after a rough patch in the early period of Gabriel's entrance into the French game, he made three interceptions in a short time. As I said, different philosophy. Gabriel was match rusty but as the game picked up, he performed.

Coach Keshi is misunderstood. If he is so poor, how come France and Deschamps with their top professionals decided to injure Onazi and Ambrose to win him.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:49pm On May 14, 2015
We should get to a point when we realise that our league is not good enough. Look at what under 20 boys did to seasoned professionals.

Look at pygbara struggling to make the u20 list with his league experience. He is considered one of the best players in the league.

Only the very best players in the league should get near the super eagles.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 9:54pm On May 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Check the stats, after a rough patch in the early period of Gabriel's entrance into the French game, he made three interceptions in a short time. As I said, different philosophy. Gabriel was match rusty but as the game picked up, he performed.

Coach Keshi is misunderstood. If he is so poor, how come France and Deschamps with their top professionals decided to injure Onazi and Ambrose.

Gabriel was terrible after his introduction. France started creating more chances after he came on. It is no coincidence.

Why will he take a match rusty player to the world cup?

Keshi is good at motivation and his tactics is ok. His selection is terrible.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

Gabriel was terrible after his introduction. France started creating more chances after he came on. It is no coincidence.

He was rusty because he had not played games for the team. Remember, Coach Keshi lost Babatunde to injury which altered the teams plans. If not, Gabriel would not play. Remember, Blaise Matuidi was playing rough and injured Ambrose and Onazi.

That is why Gabriel came in. He was rusty because he had not warmed up. But, as the game went by, he picked up and made three interceptions in a short time.

That is not Coach Keshi's fault. I repeat, if he is so poor, France will not need to injure his players to win.

Remember, after U17 tournament, he was the first to call on these lads to be part of the Super Eagles. That shows vision and belief in these present Flying Eagles.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

What I will agree with you is that he is slow in choosing a right squad but with time, he gets it right. That is why he gets better as the games goes by. Just like the qualifiers, Nations Cup and CHAN.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 10:06pm On May 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

He was rusty because he had not played games for the team. Remember, Coach Keshi lost Babatunde to injury which altered the teams plans. If not, Gabriel would not play. Remember, Blaise Matuidi was playing rough and injured Ambrose and Onazi.

That is why Gabriel came in. He was rusty because he had not warmed up. But, as the game went by, he picked up and made three interceptions in a short time.

That is not Coach Keshi's fault. I repeat, if he is so poor, France will not need to injure his players to win.

Remember, after U17 tournament, he was the first to call on these lads to be part of the Super Eagles. That shows vision and belief in these present Flying Eagles.

I am saying, his selection is terrible. He has his positive sides.

Again, why will your players not be warming up?? What is a match rusty player doing in the world cup?

After the world cup, reuben gabriel still struggles to play, if he was good enough for Nigeria, he will be playing.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

I am saying, his selection is terrible. He has his positive sides.

Again, why will your players not be warming up?? What is a match rusty player doing in the world cup?

After the world cup, reuben gabriel still struggles to play, if he was good enough for Nigeria, he will be playing.

It was an unexpected injury. That was why. Even in top teams, you see injuries that change game plans. What matters was that Gabriel played better in the game when he shook off his rustiness.

Also, note that Gabriel was selected because Coach Keshi wanted a physical, big and strong midfielder as part of he team. We do not have the luxury of having many top players to meet the coaches plans.

With our few top professionals, Coach Keshi raised a team that caused France and Argentina problems. He deserves more respect for his efforts.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 10:19pm On May 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It was an unexpected injury. That was why. Even in top teams, you see injuries that change game plans. What matters was that Gabriel played latter in the game when he shook off his rustiness.

Also, note that Gabriel was selected because Coach Keshi wanted a physical, big and strong midfielder as part of he team. We do not have the luxury of having many top players to meet the coaches plans.

With our few top professionals, Coach Keshi raised a team that caused France and Argentina problems. He deserves more respect for his efforts.

Gabriel should never have been in the team.. Hope Akpan was playing regularly and would easily have been a better choice.

Injuries happen, you should have a capable bench, Keshi didn't because he selected poorly.

When Isaac Success was injured, Awoniyi slotted in brilliantly. There is no time to waste.

Reuben gabriel was poor, he should not have been in the list.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 10:23pm On May 14, 2015
moneyallowed:

owk tanks
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

Gabriel should never have been in the team.. Hope Akpan was playing regularly and would easily have been a better choice.

Injuries happen, you should have a capable bench, Keshi didn't because he selected poorly.

When Isaac Success was injured, Awoniyi slotted in brilliantly. There is no time to waste.

We cannot use Coach Manu Garba's scenario. I agree Hope Akpan would have been better but integration takes time. For instance, when Silva arrived Man City, he was regular on the bench. Later, he became a regular sub before he broke in. Coach Keshi as I say takes time to integrate his team but he gets it right.

Remember the cases of unpaid bonuses, salaries etc. It distracted the camp and hindered integration of players.

Gabriel is bigger and stronger than Hope. So in a short time to put together a team, he opted for the stronger one.

I am not disagreeing with your criticism. I am just pointing out that Coach Keshi is not as poor as the media makes him to be.

Remember, the NFF disrupted his building plans by stopping him from hiding home based players. That took his preparation about ten steps back.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:58pm On May 14, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Manu is a pro,no doubt abt that. He knw what's doing. Which player are u referring to? Bulbwa?

No the player was Alhassan
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 11:10pm On May 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

You are so on point bro. That was where Keshi failed. You couldn't build a built team for world cup? Was that the best we could ever muster?

Apart from Enyeama, Ahmed Musa and maybe Echiejile and Ambrose, there's no top club performer as we speak right now.

Where's Ramon Azeez, Uchebo, Gabriel, Babatunde and all those midfielders now? Musa, Osaze and Enyeama were the only shining lights there

And I even hear Emenike has been penciled down again.

I guess another thread should be opened for super eagles matters

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.