Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (478991 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Flying Eagles Out-Muscle Ace Academy[/size]

The Flying Eagles picked up their third win in as many friendly games with a hard-earned 3-0 victory over Ace Academy.

Ace Academy, despite losing 3-0, were more formidable and proved a hard nut for the Flying Eagles to crack than their previous opponents.

They found it hard to break down the stubborn backline of the Academy side until 30 minutes into the game, when a Bernard Bulbwa clever cut back was lashed into the net by Saddam Auta.

The strike was Auta's fifth in two games and it was the separating point between the teams at half time.

Captain and right full back Musa Mohammed and his left full back partner Mustapha Abdullahi helped the Flying Eagles increase the pressure as they searched for a second goal.

Mustapha Abdullahi got the second after good work from Alfa Abdullahi, who spotted the defender's overlapping run with a precise pass for him to calmly slot home.

Mustapha, whose overlapping runs was a nuisance to the Ace Academy backline, was first to a pin point ball across from Musa Mohammed with a firm header to score his second and his team third of the day.

He almost got his hat-trick before giving a way a penalty at the other end which, Ace Academy failed to convert as two smart saves from the Flying Eagles substitute goalkeeper kept scores at 3-0.

Missed chances from Israel Emmanuel, Matthew Ifeanyi and Bernard Bulbwa stopped the Eagles from increasing the tally, much to the satisfaction of the coaches and players of Ace Academy.

Their next test game will be on Friday, before they go on break to resume for the second phase of camping after the Christmas holiday in preparation for next year's Africa Youth Championship in Senegal.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Saddam Auta Continues To Shine For Flying Eagles[/size]

The Flying Eagles continued their preparations for the African Youth Championship scheduled to take place in Senegal beginning from first week of March with another scrimmage against Kaduna - based Ace Academy.

Saddam Auta Michael’s recent purple patch with the Nigeria Under 20s was replicated on Wednesday afternoon as he scored in the first half in the 3 - 0 victory over the part-timers.

And Mustapha Abdullahi proved to be a modern day fullback with two goals in the second stanza.

The Flying Eagles will play their last friendly before the Christmas break on Friday against Highlanders, which is bankrolled by Sabo Babayaro.

Foreign - based professionals have been invited to join the team as from December 27 but it is confirmed that Musa Yahaya and Isaac Success will not honour the call - up as a result of club commitments.

On the other hand, Porto trainee Chidera Ezeh is doubtful for the camping exercise as he will spend few days in Nigeria before returning to Portugal.[/b][b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mackfame: 4:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]F/Eagles: Iheanacho, eight others pros for Senegal[/size]

The Flying Eagles have invited nine foreign-based professionals including Kelechi Iheanacho and Isaac Success ahead of next year’s African Youth Championship in Senegal.

Iheanacho is on the books of English Premier League champions Manchester City, while Success has already broken into the first team at Spanish La Liga side Granada CF.

Training camp

The other invited pros are Chidiebere Nwakali (Manchester City/England), Taiwo Awoniyi (Kalmar/Sweden), Chidera Eze (FC Porto/Portugal), Daddy Moses, Kingsley Madu (AS Trencin/Slovakia), Musa Yahaya (Tottenham Hotspur/England) and Musa Muhammed.

According to coach Manu Garba, the players are expected to join up with the Flying Eagles when the team’s training camp reopens in Kaduna on December 27.

Assurances

He also said he has received assurances for the release of the players by their clubs.

The AYC will kick off on March 8 in Dakar, Senegal.
The eight-team tournament will produce Africa’s four representatives to the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.[/b]

Bros any idea why Alhassan Ibrahim (Mu'azam) was not invited to the camp?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
mackfame:

Bros any idea why Alhassan Ibrahim (Mu'azam) was not invited to the camp?

Muaazam is currently undergoing trials in Rijeka, Croatia and I think that's why Manu Garba has opted him out for now.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mackfame: 9:12am On Dec 19, 2014
joseph1013:

Muaazam is currently undergoing trials in Rijeka, Croatia and I think that's why Manu Garba has opted him out for now.

Thanks for the info! smiley
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Flying Eagles rain goals in another big win[/size]

Nigeria U20s recorded yet another big win against Nigeria Nationwide side Highlanders of Kaduna when they trounced them 10-0 in a final test game on Friday before they broke for the Christmas holidays.

Skipper Musa Muhammed and Samuel Mathias scored a brace each with six other players on the scoresheet - Mustapha Abdullahi, Billy Auta, Nafiu Kabuga, Akinjide Idowu, Israel Emmanuel and Jacob Njoku

Rampant

Both teams also missed a penalty each with a Highlanders player sent off after 59 minutes.

The rampant Flying Eagles also hit the cross bar thrice.
But it was Highlanders who first stunned their opponents after just five minutes of action when they struck the crossbar.

The Nigeria U20s then took over the attacking initiative thereafter with Ifeanyi Matthew left-footed shot just missing narrowly, before Mathias opened scoring after eight minutes.

Poked

Musa Muhammed doubled the lead of the Flying Eagles in the 20th minute off a low cross by fellow fullback Mustapha Abdullahi.

Billy Auta made 3-0 in the 28th minute, before skipper Muhammed again hit target on 50 minutes via a superb free kick.
Mathias netted the Flying Eagles fifth goal after 63 minutes, when he toe-poked his effort home.

Giwa FC goalkeeper Olorunleke Ojo will save a penalty awarded Highlanders in the 78th minute, before fullback Mustapha Abdullahi continued his rich vein of form in front of goal with a sixth goal for the Nigeria U20s when he capitalised on a defensive blunder.

Second phase

In 85th minute, Abdullahi Alfa missed a penalty after the goalkeeper fouled a goal-bound Mathias.

There were also late goals by Kabuga, Israel Emmanuel, Akinjide Idowu and FC Porto midfielder Jacob Njoku.
The Flying Eagles will now regroup for a second phase of training camp on December 27.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
[b][size=14pt]'Ronaldo' Sparks Club Vs Country Row[/size]

A club versus country row is brewing following the inclusion of AS Trencín duo Moses Simon and Kingsley Madu on the list of nine foreign-based professionals nominated to attend the Flying Eagles training camp after the Christmas break.

The players commitment to the national teams' cause is not in doubt, as both had earlier stated that they will join the Dream Team and Flying Eagles screening exercise.

However, feelers received from Slovakia indicate that their club have not authorized them to partake in the camps.

The decision - makers at AS Trencín want both Nigeria youth internationals to have a good rest before they return to Slovakia latest January 6 for the start of training ahead of the second stanza of the Fortuna League.

''My understanding is that Moses Simon actually will not be joining any of the camps at this stage, as his club feels he needs to rest,'' a top source close to the winger told SL10.ng.

Fondly called Ronaldo by his admirers, Moses Simon scored 6 goals in 19 Super Liga appearances for AS Trencin before the winter break.

AS Trencin have already concluded plans to take part in 11 exhibition games before the resumption of the league at the end of February.[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2014
They should get better opposition than highlanders.

Seeing many new names, manu will have a headache in selection.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
Did you guys notice that Musa Mohammed scored another freekick? It's so good we have someone like him in the team to score these half chances.

I'm surprised though that no European team has snatched him up.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
joseph1013:
Did you guys notice that Musa Mohammed scored another freekick? It's so good we have someone like him in the team to score these half chances.

I'm surprised though that no European team has snatched him up.

If they qualify for world cup and he has a good showing, he will be snapped up.

At under 17 level, it is a gamble signing players.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 5:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
tbaba1234:

If they qualify for world cup and he has a good showing, he will be snapped up.

At under 17 level, it is a gamble signing players.
That's the point. Why has no one taken a gamble on him just like Kelechi, Yahaya and Isaac. He was a very important member of the team. He reminds me so much of Roberto Carlos.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
joseph1013:

That's the point. Why has no one taken a gamble on him just like Kelechi, Yahaya and Isaac. He was a very important member of the team. He reminds me so much of Roberto Carlos.

It could be poor representation by agents.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ebube89(f): 7:49am On Dec 20, 2014
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:51am On Dec 22, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Garba Assesses Flying Eagles Progress[/size]

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria concluded the first phase of their camping ahead of next year’s African Youth Championship on Friday 19 December 2014.

After the exercise which lasted for one month, head coach of the team Manu Garba spoke with SL10.ng and gave his view on the progress made so far.

On New Players Performance In Camp...

Yes we have quite a few of them as usual who have impressed, but we need to see them compete with some of our regulars who are in Europe, some of them will be in the 30 man list we will continue with when we resume.

On Foreign Based Players...

For now we called up eight, but that is not all we intend to call and see more of them in camp. The truth is nobody is guaranteed a spot in this team, not even my captain. We looking to strengthen all positions in the team.

On The Chances Of Gate Crashers...

In the Camp we can only take 30, at most 35, so they cater for their accommodation and feeding, but we let them train with the team when we see they are better than what we have. We decamp and accommodate them in camp.

On Doubts Over Isacc Success Availability...

We are always ready to make up for any player absence, no doubt he is a fine player and key to our plans, but if he doesn't make it we won't miss him.

Remember he got injured at the Under-17 World Cup and Taiwo Awoniyi stood up and more than made up for Success’ absence with vital goals and good play.

Success wasn't part of our qualifiers, but we were able to make it to the tournament proper.

On Results Of Friendly Games...

We have conceded just once and scored over 30 goals from four games. To people watching it's good enough, but to me and my crew we still have work to do.

Our strength at the Under-17 level was making few mistakes collectively as a team and I think bar our first game when we drew 3-3 we had a tournament with our players making less mistakes.

I strive to create that same spirit and mentality in this team, and for now until I have the full complement of my team it is hard to do that.

On Setting Targets...

I always believe that second position means you weren't good enough, so my eye is on the first prize.

I try to make my players share in my belief, confidence and optimism of wanting to be champion at the Africa Youth Championship and World Youth Championship with style.

When I say style I mean with goals and eye catching displays, the type that will be talked about years after the tournament and be used as a reference for future teams.
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:54am On Dec 22, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Agboola Bids To Fill In At Centre Back For Flying Eagles[/size]

After a superlative showing for the Flying Eagles in their 10-0 win over Highlanders FC, Nero Football Academy defender Atere Agboola looks set to break into the team.

In the absence of the side's regular centre back, Wilfred Ndidi, Agboola ensured he wasn't all that missed with an assured performance that frustrated Highlanders' forward men from getting a goal.

He justified the coach's intention to start him in the game by shielding goalkeeper, Dele Alampasu, from rampaging Highlanders forwards, restricting them to just a shot on target for the 75 minutes he played.

Aside from helping the team to a clean sheet, he linked up well with defensive midfielder Akinjide Idowu and instigated attacks from the rare by hitting passes with precision to his forward men.

Agboola has been training with the team for a month but took his chance to impress in his first friendly game with both hands and as camp closes he ranked among the few who impressed in camp.

Coach Manu Garba, currently light in options at centre back, appears pleased with the 18-year-old's performance which he said might help in his search for more defenders.

The team will reconvene on 27 December 2014 and Agboola is expected to be listed for the second phase as they step up preparation for next year's African Youth Championship in Senegal.[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:00am On Dec 22, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Ado Den Haag Teen Commits Future To Nigeria[/size]

Segun Owobowale of Dutch Eredivisie side Ado Den Haag has committed his international future to Nigeria, and is ready to honour any call up from Nigeria youth team selectors.

Born in the Netherlands to Nigerian parents, the striker who helped the Netherlands to a second-place finish at the last UEFA under-17 championship, says he is willing to switch allegiance to Nigeria.

"I feel so Nigerian and am ready to play for any of the youth teams if called up, it is a dream I have and can't wait for it to come to pass," he told SL10.ng

"I have played for the Netherlands at Under-17 level but my father will be the happiest man on earth the day I put on the green white green of Nigeria,he so wants me to play for Nigeria."

The seventeen year old left-footed player operates as a winger or striker, and despite his tender age, he has made two appearances this season, a testament of how he is highly rated by the Dutch side.

Owobowale's style is similar to Dutch maestro Arjen Robben and his decision to switch nationality to Nigeria has significantly increased the numbers of players with dual Nationality who have opted for the Super Eagles.

Ado Den Haag boast a rich connection with Nigerian players, with Kenneth Omeruo making a name for himself playing there on loan from Chelsea before his recall.

Presently the team has another Nigerian Kenneth Otigba who anchors their backline and his performances have earned him rare reviews as the modest dutch side continue to post impressive showing in the League.

Otigba was voted man of the match in their 0-0 draw against Hereenveen his second award in as many game and the 22 year old born in Kaduna Nigeria has long express his desire to play for Nigeria.

Already he has turned out for Hungary at Youth level but has made up his mind to play for Nigeria at senior level if called up.
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:05am On Dec 22, 2014
[b] [size=14pt]Flying Eagles Knows Opponent; Garba Optimistic Of A Good AYC[/size]

The coach of Flying Eagles, Manu Garba has expressed confidence that his team will come out victorious at the 2015 Africa Youth Championship, Senegal 2015 even as his team is drawn in a tough group that has hosts Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire and Cong.

“Our group seems to be tougher than the other group which has Ghana, Mali, Zambia and South Africa, but I believe we will qualify to the semi-finals along with Cote d’Ivoire,” said Manu.

“But this is not to say that all the eight teams are not good enough to win the competition and so we will expect no favours from any of them.

“There will be no easy groups or matches. We therefore have to prepare very well and be motivated to achieve our targets.”

The Flying Eagles class of 2015 are built around the country’s U17 team who won the FIFA U17 World Cup last year in the United Arab Emirates.

Last year, they suffered defeats at the hands of African U17 champions Cote d’Ivoire at the U17 championship in Morocco.

However, Manu has insisted they will not be seeking revenge when both teams clash again in Senegal.

“We are not driven to avenge the loss in Morocco because this will be a different competition and we will have two different teams from the ones from last year,” he argued.

“We respect Cote d’Ivoire because they have a great footballing culture, but we hope to beat any team we come up against.”

The African Youth Championship will be played between March 8 and 22.

The Flying Eagles have won a record six AYC titles with their last triumph being in 2011. They finished third last year in Algeria.

The semi-finalists will qualify to represent Africa at the FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:09am On Dec 22, 2014
[size=14pt]CAF Under-20 Championship draw complete[/size]

Confederation of African Football (CAF0 has completed conducting the draw for the 2015 Africa Under-20 championship slated for Senegal between the dates 8 – 22 March 2015.

In the draw held on Sunday 21 December at Caf Head quarters in Cairo, Egypt by general secretary Hicham Al Amrani, eight teams were pooled in two groups; A and B.

Pools

Group A; Senegal, Nigeria, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire

Group B; Ghana, South Africa, Mali, Zambia

2015 FIFA U20 World Cup

Hosts Senegal will open the competition with a match against Nigeria and the Leopold Senghor Stadium. Other matches will be hosted at Caroline Faye Stadium.

The semifinalists will represent Africa at the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:13am On Dec 22, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Man City starlet Iheanacho injured again[/size]

Manchester City starlet Kelechi Iheanacho has been sidelined by an ankle injury raising concerns over his availability for both the Nigeria U20 and U23 teams.

AfricanFootball.com has specially learnt the FIFA U17 World Cup MVP is currently back in Manchester nursing the injury after a stint training with MLS side Colombus Crew.

In August, Iheanacho suffered a hamstring injury, which kept him out for several weeks.

The left-footed forward is now expected to be granted a work permit to ply his trade in the UK after Manchester City applied for it from the British Home office.

Iheanacho has been called up by both Nigeria U20 team, the Flying Eagles, and the country’s Olympic team for crucial qualifying matches in the New Year.

The Flying Eagles, for one, have a tough group draw for the African Youth Championship in March after they were pitched against hosts Senegal, Congo and Cote d’Ivoire.

[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Garba Wants To Arrive As Champions[/size]

Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba has told sl10.ng that they wants to qualify for the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand as Africans champions, despite being drawn in a ‘difficult’ group.

The Nigerian U20’s have been drawn in Group A of next year’s Africa Youth Championship with hosts Senegal, Congo and Cote D’ Ivoire and must at least get to the semifinals to be guaranteed of a place at the 2015 U20 World Cup, but Manu Garba is insisting that he wants to be in New Zealand as an African champion.

“Everybody agrees that we are in a very difficult group as the teams we will play against have very good youth teams, but our focus is to beat them and qualify for the World Cup. It is not just qualifying for the World Cup, we want to go there as African champions because we want to win the Africa Youth championship,” Manu told sl10.ng.

The Flying Eagles have won the tournament a record six times, the last being in 2011 in South Africa under the guidance of John Obuh, and before then in 2005 under Samson Siasia in Benin Republic.

Manu, whose Golden Eaglets team narrowly failed to win the 2013 CAF U17 championship in Morocco, says having failed to win an African title at his last attempt, he hopes to get it right this time.

“We narrowly failed to win the U17 last year and it was very painful. This time, we want to win the African title so that we can go to the World Cup as African champions,” he concluded.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Garba Call Up Nine Foreign-Based, 21 Others For U20s[/size]

Nigeria U20 team, the Flying Eagles, have called up nine foreign-based professionals and 21 other players based locally for a training camp in Kaduna from Saturday.

This followed a screening exercise earlier this month also in Kaduna.

The pros include Granada CF striker Isaac Success, Taiwo Awoniyi from Kalmar of Sweden as well as Manchester City pair of Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali.

The Flying Eagles have been drawn in a tough Group A of the 2015 African Youth Championship along with hosts Senegal, Congo and Cote d’Ivoire.

They open their AYC campaign on March 8 against Senegal in Dakar.

They then battle Congo On March 11, before their final group game against Cote d’Ivoire on March 14 in M’bour, which is 80 kilometres south of Dakar.

The full squad:

Goalkeepers: Joshua Enaholo, Dele Alampasu, Olorunleke Ojo, Adamu Abubakar

Defenders: Kingsley Madu, Musa Muhammed, Mustapha Abdullahi, Wilfred Ndidi, Zaharadeen Bello, Prince Izu Omego

Midfielders: Ifeanyi Matthew, Akinjide Idowu, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi, Obinna Nwobodo, Kingsley Sokari, Abdullahi Alfa, Chidiebere Nwakali

Forwards: Taiwo Awoniyi, Isaac Success, Kelechi Iheanacho, Usman Hassan, Alhassan Ibrahim, Sulaiman Abdullahi, Abubakar Lawal, Bernard Bulbwa, Chidera Eze, Billy Auta, Musa Yahaya, Moses Simon, Wasiu Jimoh
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:44am On Dec 25, 2014
Abubakar To Play In Israel

Flying Eagles central defender Aliyu Abubakar has joined Israeli side MS Ashdod on an undisclosed number of years.

The Under-17 World cup 2013 winner was omitted from Coach Manu Garba list of 30 players called up for camp ahead of next year’s Africa Youth Championship in Senegal.

His omission, SL10.ng gathered, is based on the fact that he has been away for the team during qualifiers doing trials in Europe and even during the first phase of camping he abandoned the team to undergo yet another trial.

The Mutunchi Academy teenager had trials in Sweden with Kalmar, in Belgium with Anderlect and reports also said he trained with German side Bayern Leverkusen.

His move we gathered was brokered by Israel base agent Dudu Dahan who also helped out in the transfer of Efe Ambrose to same team.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by frankIzuchukwu(m): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2014
wat of ifeanyi nweke ....why ommiting him...
his a better player than those defenders u called expect Wilfred ndidi
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by ebube89(f): 10:09am On Dec 26, 2014
PLS ARE ALL DIS PLAYERS REALLY U20 IF NOT WE ARE JUST DECEIVING OURSELVES MOVING AROUND D SAME CIRCLE AND EXPECTING A MIRACLE FROM D SUPER EAGLES. NIGERIA HAS QUALIFIED FOR 3 FINALS IN D LAST 4 U17 WORLD CUPS.AND WON 2 u17 worldcups in d last 4. YET WE HAV FAILED TO QUALIFY 2 IN D LAST 3 NATIONS CUPS. AND ALSO BEGGING PLAYERS WIT NIGERIAN ROOTS FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES TO COME AND PLAY FOR NIGERIA, WEN WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE D BEST FOOTBALL PLAYIN YOUTH NATION IN D WORLD(CONSIDERING OUR COUNTRIES TROPHIES IN U17). A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR D WISE. AFRICAN CIUNTRIES SHD STOP AGE CHEATING AND FOCUS ON FOITBALL DEVELOPMENT AND NOT WINNING U17 AND 20 TROPHIES
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
[quote
author=joseph1013
post=28996054][b][size=14pt][font=Lucida Sans
Unicode]Saddam Auta Continues To Shine For Flying Eagles[/font][/size]

The Flying Eagles continued their preparations for the African Youth
Championship scheduled to take place in Senegal beginning from first
week of March with another scrimmage against Kaduna - based Ace Academy.

Saddam Auta Michael’s recent purple patch with the Nigeria Under 20s was
replicated on Wednesday afternoon as he scored in the first half in the
3 - 0 victory over the part-timers.

And Mustapha Abdullahi proved to be a modern day fullback with two goals
in the second stanza.

The Flying Eagles will play their last friendly before the Christmas
break on Friday against Highlanders, which is bankrolled by Sabo
Babayaro.

Foreign - based professionals have been invited to join the team as from
December 27 but it is confirmed that Musa Yahaya and Isaac Success will
not honour the call - up as a result of club commitments.

On the other hand, Porto trainee Chidera Ezeh is doubtful for the
camping exercise as he will spend few days in Nigeria before returning
to Portugal.[/b][b][/b]
[/quote]is saddam auta and billy auta the same person?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
[b] Abubakar Thrilled To Have Signed For Ashdod

MS Ashdod have completed the signing of Flying Eagles defender Aliyu Abubakar from Muntunchi Football Academy, after passing a medical.

The Israeli Premier League side did not disclose the duration of the agreement, but SL10.ng has been informed that the 18-year-old will remain with MS Ashdod for the next three years.

The Under 17 World Cup - winning center back says he is thrilled at joining The Dolphins, adding that he is hoping to replicate the performances of Efe Ambrose, who was on the books of the club before leaving for Celtic two years ago.

''I am happy to sign for MS Ashdod, it's a big progress for me.

''I want to do the same way Efe did at this club, with the help of my agent Dudu Dahan,'' said Aliyu Abubakar to SL10.ng.

Prior to completing his move to Ashdod, the Nigeria youth international was linked with a plethora of teams in Sweden, Belgium and Spain.

He made five appearances for the Golden Eaglets at the 2013 FIFA Under 17 World Cup held in the United Arab Emirates.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
[b]INJURED IHEANACHO STARTS TRAINING AGAIN NEXT MONTH

Injury-hit Manchester City starlet Kelechi Iheanacho will resume training by the second week of January, officials have disclosed.

Iheanacho has been sidelined for several weeks by an ankle injury, but City officials have assured he will begin training again early in the New Year.

“Iheanacho will resume training in the second week according to Manchester City officials. That means he will be available for the Flying Eagles training camp ahead of the African Youth Championship,” disclosed team secretary Auwal Aliyu Ibrahim.

The 18-year-old forward was recently called up by the Nigeria U20 and U23 teams.

The 2015 AYC will kick off March 8 in Dakar with Nigeria taking on hosts Senegal in the opening game of the tournament.

The Flying Eagles are also drawn against Cote d’Ivoire and Congo in the group stage of the competition, which serves as a final qualifier for the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
FLYING EAGLES HAND PROS JAN 15 DEADLINE

The Nigeria U20s have handed a January 15 deadline to the nine foreign-based professionals they have called up for the 2015 African Youth Championship.

“All the invitations have been sent out to the foreign pros we need for the AYC and we have given them a deadline of January 15 to join us in Kaduna,” said Flying Eagles secretary Auwal Aliyu Ibrahim.

“So far we have received assurances from their various clubs that they will be available for the tournament in Senegal.”

The foreign-based pros are Kelechi Iheanacho, Chidiebere Nwakali, Isaac Success, Chidera Eze, Musa Muhammed, Kingsley Madu, Moses Simon, Taiwo Awoniyi and Musa Yahaya.

The Flying Eagles training camp in Kaduna will reopen on Saturday after a week’s break for the Christmas holidays.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 11:09am On Dec 28, 2014
FLYING EAGLES COACHES GET 10 MONTHS'
PAY

It was a huge festive cheer for coaches of the Nigeria U20 team, the Flying Eagles, as they were finally paid their salaries for the past 10 months.

A top Nigeria Football Federation official informed AfricanFootball.com the coaches have received their long-awaited salaries.

Head coach Manu Garba is on a million Naira a month, while his assistants Nduka Ugbade and Fancy Ewulu are each on half that amount.

However, efforts are now being made to improve the pay of the assistants.

The Flying Eagles are drawn against hosts Senegal, Congo and Cote d’Ivoire in the 2015 African Youth Championship, which kicks off in Dakar on March 8.

They resumed a training camp in Kaduna on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:46am On Dec 30, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Eaglets cry out over Kano house gifts again[/size]

World Cup-winning Golden Eaglets stars Musa Muhammed and Zaharadeen Bello have again cried out that they are yet to receive the houses promised them by the Kano State Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso a year ago.

Musa Muhammed, who led the Eaglets to win the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup in the UAE, was promised a house along with fellow Kano State indigene Bello by Kwankwaso but a year later they are yet to even get an allocation of the houses.

“We were informed that our houses are at Amana Estate, but I have made countless visits to the Kano State Investment and Properties Limited and what they are still telling me is that they are yet to allocate houses there,” said a frustrated Muhammed.

“I have met with the managing director of the investment company and have been in constant touch with Dauda Sheshe, the principal manager PID of the company. But still no hope in sight.

“We can’t reach the Governor to alert him of our situation, we don’t even know what to do now.”

It was reliably gathered that a Chinese group who bought hundreds of units at the Amana Estate has since been allocated their houses.

[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:49am On Dec 30, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Mua'azam Could Miss AYC[/size]

Flying Eagles striker, Alhassan Ibrahim, popularly known as Mu'Azam might miss next year the African Youth Championships if he gets a deal with Croatian side, Rijeka.

Mu'Azam has been on trial with the Europa League campaigners, initially struggling to impress, after being played out of position as the lone striker.

However, the Flying Eagles invitee is finally making an impression on the coaches of the team in his preferred role as a false striker or behind the main striker.

His fine form has pushed the club into including him in a mid-season tour of Spain, which coincides in the same period the Flying Eagles are suppose to be in camp.

The Player appears to be in a fix, as he is yet to officially sign a deal with the team and if he does as expected in the winter transfer window, he might miss out on the championship.

Reasons are Rijeka might sell top striker and scorer Andreij Kramaric to Leicester City in England for a rumoured £12m and Mu'Azam will be required to make up for his absence.

However, SL10.ng scooped from reliable sources close to the deal, that can confirm he has set a personal deadline of 14 January 2015 and if he doesn't get a deal before then he will dump the team and join the Flying Eagles in Camp.

Ironically January 15 is the deadline for all invited foreign pros to arrive camp ahead of the March 2015 tournament in Senegal.[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:50am On Dec 30, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Agent Dismisses Roma, Lazio Link For Flying Eagles Star[/size]

Chidera Ezeh will not depart Porto in the near future, with reports in Italy claiming that he is on the wish - list of Roma, Lazio, Sampdoria and Sporting Lisbon.

The 17-year-old striker will continue training with the youth team of the Primeira Liga powerhouse until he becomes eligible to sign professional terms in the next winter transfer market.

Before the Nigeria youth international and his representative agreed a pre-contract with Porto, Roma were the only Italian club that explored the possibility of signing him from River Lane Academy.

''It is not true that Chidera Ezeh is wanted by Roma, Lazio, Sampdoria and Sporting Lisbon,'' Babawo Mohammed, the bonafide agent of Ezeh, told SL10.ng.

''After the Under 17 World Cup, we had offers from Racing Genk, Grasshoppers, Olympiakos, Red Bull Salzburg and Roma but we picked Porto because he will develop there.

''He has already signed a pre - contract with Porto, he doesn't want to play for any other team.

''He usually trains with their Under 19 team, sometimes with the main team and B team.''

Chidera Ezeh is hoping to practice with Nigeria's Under 20 squad, the Flying Eagles, as from next month, subject to him receiving green light from Porto.[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.