Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (480392 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
[b][size=14pt]F/Eagles face Spotlight in Wednesday friendly[/size]

The Flying Eagles will take on Nigeria National League (NNL) side Spotlight of Katsina in another test game on Wednesday.

The match will be played at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna and it will kick-off by 11am.

Promotion

Spotlight, who have defender Mustapha Abdullahi with the Nigeria U20 side, are gearing up for promotion to the Nigeria top flight in the forthcoming season.

The Katsina club, who placed 10th on the Nigeria National League Division A table, have made several top signings to match their ambitions.

Spotlight have been on a pre-season training tour of Kaduna and have so far won three and drawn three of their matches. Their own loss thus far was to Jamba Aacdemy, who beat them 2-1.

Battle

The Flying Eagles, who are getting set for the 2015 African Youth Championship in Senegal in March, are also likely to battle league champions Kano Pillars by the weekend also in Kaduna.

The Nigeria U20s are also slated for an expanded Super 4 tournament in Abuja, which will begin on Thursday, January 22.
The other teams for the tourney are Nigeria U23 team, Pillars, Enyimba, Dolphins and Warri Wolves, who are preparing for CAF Champions League and Confederation Cup matches in February.[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:56pm On Jan 13, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Manchester City stop injured Iheanacho, Nwakali from AYC[/size]

English Premier League champions Manchester City have informed Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) they will not release Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali for the 2015 African Youth Championship in March in Senegal.

Both players were among nine foreign-based pros called up by the Flying Eagles for the AYC and handed a Thursday deadline.

In a mail signed by City scouting and recruitment operations manager, Fergal Harkin, the EPL side said Iheanacho is injured and may not be fit till mid-March, while Nwakali is about to be loaned out to a club in Europe.

“With regards Kelechi Iheanacho, he is currently injured. We believe he will be fit around the middle of March but can keep in contract regarding his recovery,” read Tuesday’s mail in part.

“For Chidiebere Nwakali, we are currently in the process of agreeing his loan deal to Europe and he will not be available to meet up with the national team until further notice.

“At this moment in time, we feel it is best for his development that he cements his place in the club side.”

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:58am On Jan 15, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Flying Eagles Beat NNL Side[/size]

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria picked up a 3-1 win over NNL side Spotlight of Katsina in a friendly game meant to prepare the team ahead of the Africa Youth Championship which will take place in Senegal.

Both teams sized themselves up equally with few chances in the opening exchange until the 44th minute when a nice interchange of passes between Taiwo Awoniyi and Akinjide Idowu ended up with the latter finishing well to put the Flying Eagles one goal up.

The goal brought excitement to the bench of the Flying Eagles with Coach Manu Garba and his crew standing up to applaud the passing rhythm that lead to the goal.

The second half resumed with Awoniyi movement unsettling ‎the backline of the Spotlight but he shot wide when presented with an opportunity to double his team advantage.

However that miss was quickly followed with the second goal for the Manu Garba lead side ‎when a pinpoint cross from Mustapha Abdullahi was met with a firm header from Izu Omego to put them two goals up.

Awoniyi once again was guilty of missing a sitter minutes later shooting over the bar with the spotlight goalkeeper at his mercy.

That miss haunted the Flying Eagles few minutes later when Spotlight reduced the deficit via the spot with Samuel Adama placing his spot kick high up goalkeeper Olorunleke Ojo post to bring scores to 2-1.

The Flying Eagles restore their two goal advantage minutes after losing it with substitute Obinna Nwobodo ‎placing a low drive into the net off a cutback from Izu Omego.

The Flying Eagles third goal took the sting out of the game which ended 3-1 in favour of the Manu Garba team who are yet to lose in 8 friendly games played so far in Kaduna.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:59am On Jan 15, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Garba: Iheanacho And Nwakali Will Be Missed[/size]

Flying Eagles coach, Manu Garba says his team will not be affected by the impending absence of Manchester City duo, Kelechi Iheanacho and Chiediebere Nwakali at the Africa Youth Championship in Senegal.

The duo of Iheanacho and Nwakali are set to miss the Championship after their club, Manchester City informed the Nigeria Football Federation that both players will not be available for national team selection for different reasons.

18-year old’s Nwakali and Iheanacho were called up for Nigeria’s participation at the Youth Championship but in a correspondence sent to the NFF on Tuesday, the English champions intimated that while, Iheanacho is injured, Nwakali is set for a loan move away from the club.

But Manu, who discovered both players for Nigeria’s 2013 class of U17’s, says he has other players at his disposal that can replace Iheanacho and Nwakali.

“The team is not built around any one player, as we have several players that can come in and do the job we want. I would say we have adequate replacements for every position on the team,” Manu told sl10.ng.

But despite sounding unperturbed about the impending absence of the two players, Manu admitted that the players will be missed.

“Both of them have been with us since the U17 and when you lose such players, you will miss them. They are very good players but it is unfortunate what has happened. But like I said, I believe we have players that will replace them,” he added.[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 10:08am On Jan 15, 2015
The way these F/Eagles coaches harp on performance ehn...by the time the team gets to the senior team, na 12 goals per game dem go dey give.

Imagine the team winning a whole NYSC team wey people wey senior them dey play 5 goals to nothing, na wetin Ugbade still dey talk "they could've done better. We need to improve on our performance".....

I like the spirit though, you're never good enough as a player, especially when you're young, you need to ccontinually improve your game. I wish them luck and sincerely hope they lift the U-20 world cup grin

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
safarigirl:
The way these F/Eagles coaches harp on performance ehn...by the time the team gets to the senior team, na 12 goals per game dem go dey give.

Imagine the team winning a whole NYSC team wey people wey senior them dey play 5 goals to nothing, na wetin Ugbade still dey talk "they could've done better. We need to improve on our performance".....

I like the spirit though, you're never good enough as a player, especially when you're young, you need to ccontinually improve your game. I wish them luck and sincerely hope they lift the U-20 world cup grin

You dey mind Ugbade ni? LOL Home Based Super Eagles won 5-2, Flying Eagles won 5-0 while missing several of their regulars. And he Ugbade still dey complain.

African and World Opponents go hear wain from this team.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Official : Wilfred Ndidi Pens Two - And - A - Half Year Deal With Racing Genk[/size]

With a note on the official webpage, Belgian Pro League side Racing Genk have announced the acquisition of Wilfred Ndidi from Nath Boys of Lagos.

The Nigeria youth international has committed his future to the three - time champions of Belgium for the next two and a half years, with the club retaining the option of extending his stay for two more seasons.

The 18 - year - old impressed the Racing Genk hierarchy when he first tested with the club in January, but he could not sign on the dotted line because he was still a minor.

After passing his medical two days ago, the Limburg - based club have offered him a contract with effect from this month.

For the remainder of this season, the defendive all-rounder will sport the number 25 jersey.

Nigerian striker Kim Ojo and Belgium international Marvin Ogunjimi have worn the jersey of Racing Genk in the past.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Olorunleke: We Will Conquer All Opposition[/size]

Giwa FC first choice goal keeper, Ojo Olorunleke has stated confidently that the Flying Eagles currently preparing for the Africa Youth Championship (AYC) in Kaduna will conquer all opposition in Senegal when the competition gets under way in March.

The goal keeper, Ojo Olorunleke who joined the Elephant of Jos in 2012 confirmed to SL10.ng that he is still a player of Giwa FC though he said both Enyimba and Kano Pillars have showed interest.

During a chat with Ojo Olorunleke who is training with the Flying Eagles in Kaduna, SL10 asked him about his likely move out of Giwa FC and he said it'll be a thing of joy to play for either team (Kano Pillars or Enyimba).

"Well, it'll be a great pleasure for me to play for a team like Kano Pillars or almighty Enyimba. But as it stands, none of them have secured my clearance from Giwa FC," Ojo confirmed.

Ojo who was in goal on Wednesday when the Flying Eagles down Nigeria National League (NNL) team, Spotlight FC 3-1 said the Flying Eagles aren't going to Senegal to make up the numbers but going to the AYC to become champions.

The confident goal keeper continued," I'm confident because first, God is with us and everyone in camp is working hard to make the final list, “said Olorunleke.
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
Pleased for Ndidi Wilfred, hope he is allowed to go for the AYC.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Super Six: Dolphins open against Kano Pillars[/size]

Dolphins will play the opening match of the Super Six tournament against Kano Pillars on Saturday, January 24, 2015.

The tournament, scheduled to hold at the Abuja National Stadium from January 24 to February 4, 2014 will be between Dolphins, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Enyimba, the National U23 and National U20 sides.

Fixtures

According to fixtures released by the League Management Company, Dolphins start against Pillars, then play against the U23’s on Match day 2 before taking on Enyimba on Match Day 3.

On Match Day 4, Dolphins will be up against the Nigerian U20s before finishing against Warri Wolves on Match day 6.

Meanwhile, Dolphins have formally been invited by the LMC to play in the season opening tournament that starts in Abuja on Saturday, January 24, 2015 and lasts until the 1st of February.

Accreditation

Thirty five players and ten officials of Dolphins will be accredited for the tournament that will involve Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Enyimba, the Flying Eagles (Nigeria’s U20s) and the Olympic team (Nigeria’s U23s).

According to an invitation letter from the secretariat of the League Management Company, all players registered for the CAF Confederation Cup are eligible to play for Dolphins while for newly signed players, clubs would have to show proof of clearance/ Transfer Certificates.
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Ndidi Happy With Genk Deal[/size]

As reported by SL10 on Thursday, Nigeria youngster Ndidi Wilfred has signed for Belgium top tier club KRC Genk.

The 18-year-old completed his move to the Jupiler League giants and penned a long term contract.

Ndidi sees his new move as an opportunity to continue to develop as a young player while helping the side to achieve laurels.

“I’m very happy to be here and first of all I thank God for this opportunity,” the central defender told SL10.

“I thank the coaching staff, and the chairman, I’m very happy to be here and I will work hard every day in training and games to help the team."

Popular football media outlet, Voetbalkrant.com reported the news of Ndidi's medical in their transfer rumour segment citing a deal has already been agreed with his parent owners Nath Boys FC.

He has been away from the Flying Eagles camp since they resumed for the second phase of camping ahead of the Africa Youth Championship which will be holding in Senegal.

The versatile defender is presently the vice captain of the Nigeria Under-20 side and is well on course to feature at the Under-20 World cup for the second time if Nigeria qualifies after starring at the last edition in Turkey as a 16-year-old.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Sokari Hopes To Make Flying Eagles AYC Squad[/size]

Despite suffering several injuries in the last few months, the latest being the knock he suffered on his ankle in the 0-1 loss to Cote D’ Ivoire in last Saturday’s international friendly, Enyimba midfielder Kingsley Sokari says he still hopes to make the Flying Eagles squad to the 2015 Africa Youth Championship in Senegal.

The midfielder is currently the most sought after Nigerian player by the national teams, as he has been invited to the Super Eagles, the Dream Team VI and the Flying Eagles, all within the last two months. But despite suffering another setback against the Ivoirians, Sokari remains hopeful of making the final squad to Senegal.

“The injury is not very serious so I am hoping to make Nigeria’s team to the Africa Youth Championship. It’s going to be a tough time because I have been with the Super Eagles, the U23 and also the Flying Eagles. But I hope I will make the squad because I always want to represent my country,” he told SL10.ng.

“Hopefully I will be fit for Saturday’s game and when we return to Nigeria, I should join the Flying Eagles or the U23. When we return, I will have a better idea of how it will be, but I know it will not be easy,” he said.

The midfielder is set to become even more important to the Flying Eagles, with the duo of Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali set to miss out, with their English clubside, Manchester City refusing to release them for the tournament.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by zoboizee: 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
watched him play of recent, not impressive. still prefer mathew, yahaya and alfa to him any day.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:26am On Jan 19, 2015
[size=14pt]Sokari says AYC will be shop window to Europe[/size]

Enyimba and Super Eagles midfielder Kingsley Sokari has told AfricanFootball.com he hopes to use the 2015 African Youth Championship to seal a move to Europe.

Sokari is expected to head straight to the Flying Eagles camp from the Super Eagles after two friendly games in the United Arab Emirates.

The player, who expressed confidence that he could pin a shirt in the Manu Garba-tutored side, said, "I am looking forward to joining the flying Eagles.

"I know that with hard work I will blend into the Flying Eagles and I believe the experience from the Super Eagles would be added advantage for me."

The Flying Eagles will next week take part in the Super 6 alongside Nigeria U23 team, Kano Pillars, Enyimba, Dolphins and Warri Wolves.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:28am On Jan 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Wilfred Ndidi Tipped To Break Into Racing Genk First Team[/size]

Dominic Egbukwu, the Nigerian adviser to new Racing Genk signing Wilfred Ndidi, believes the central defender will make an impact in the Belgian Pro League.

The Nigeria youth international completed his switch to the Cristal Arena on Thursday, after signing a two - and - a - half - year contract that will keep him at the club till June 30, 2017, at least.

Egbukwu believes Ndidi’s performance during trials has indicated that he is ready to be thrown into the first team.

“We are happy the boy has signed for Racing Genk. His International Transfer Certificate was sent on Friday, so he is now ready to play,” said Dominic Egbukwu to allnigeriasoccer.com.

“Ndidi is fit and he showed during trials he’s a good player. Before we signed the agreement, we stressed that he should be given an opportunity in the first team.

“Sporting Braga, Anderlecht and Standard Liege also wanted him, but we picked Racing Genk because of their pedigree with young players.”

French - Cameroonian agent Oliver Noah, who manages the affairs of Granada youngster Isaac Success, brokered the deal that took Wilfred Ndidi to Racing Genk.[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:32am On Jan 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Barcelona Starlet Balogun Targets First Team Role[/size]

Barcelona attacking midfielder, Boluwatife Balogun, reckons that he has the ability to break into the first team of the Azulgranas in the not too distant future.

Still only 18, the offensive all - rounder is one of the important players in the Juvenil A squad, but he is yet to make his competitive debut for Barcelona at senior level.

''Barcelona are known to give young players a chance in the first team, especially now that we are unable to sign players,'' said Boluwatife Balogun to SL10.ng.

''What they do is bring in players from Barcelona B team only.

''I am not yet in the B team. I am very sure I will make my debut like Alen Halilovic; did on Thursday. It's just a matter of two years.

''I wanted to be more exposed and play better football, that's why I left Lens for Barcelona.

''The philosophy in the two academies are different. I have always loved to play in Spain or Germany.''

Boluwatife Balogun believes that Barcelona icon Lionel Messi should have been awarded the Fifa Ballon d'Or ahead of Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo.

''Of course, Lionel Messi deserves to win the award despite last year being hard for us. He broke a lot of records.

''He took Barcelona to the Champions League semis and also took Argentina to the World Cup finals,'' Balogun, who sports number 11 jersey for the youth team of Barcelona, added.

Although Boluwatife was born in Nigeria, his mom comes from France and he has a Dutch passport, but the teenager has pledged his international future to the Super Eagles.

He is under contract with Barcelona until the summer of 2019.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:36am On Jan 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Tottenham's Musa Yaya Set For Flying Eagles Training[/size]

Tottenham Hotspur trainee Musa Yahaya and Porto youth-teamer Chidera Ezeh will arrive for Nigeria's Under 20 national team training camp early next week.

Earlier, both offensive - minded players had given their word that they will be in Kaduna before the January 15 deadline handed to foreign - based professionals.

But club commitments with Spurs and Porto respectively prevented them from sticking to their plans.

''Musa Yahaya and Chidera Ezeh just arrived Nigeria. On the 21st of January, Yahaya will be in camp but it could be earlier than that, maybe Monday,'' Babawo Mohammed, who represents both youngsters, told SL10.ng .

''As for Chidera Ezeh, he should be in the team's camp on Sunday.

''Their commitment is not in doubt, they both want to play for the Flying Eagles at the African Youth Championship.''

Musa Yahaya and Chidera Ezeh will become eligible to sign professional contracts with their European clubs in the last quarter of this year.

Between them, they made 13 appearances for the Golden Eaglets at the Fifa Under 17 World Cup staged in the United Arab Emirates in 2013.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Moses Simon, Madu to shuttle between Europe and AYC?[/size]

[img]http://www.astrencin.sk/foto//hraci/1415/madu_kingsley.jpg[/img]

Representatives of Europe-based Moses Simon and Kingsley Madu have proposed the players shuttle between their European bases and the 2015 African Youth Championship in Senegal.

However, it is left to be seen if the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) will accept this proposal.

AfricanFootball.com has learnt the agent handling the two Flying Eagles call-ups has offered the players will be available for the AYC but on the condition they are allowed to shuttle between their clubs and the U20 competition in Senegal.

He also wants the NFF to identify the crucial matches at the competition which the players will play.

“This arrangement is similar to that involving Ahmed Musa, who played the opening match against Ghana at the 2011 AYC in South Africa before he returned to his then Dutch club VVV Venlo,” a source disclosed.

Both players featured at the 2013 FIFA U20 World Cup in Turkey.

Moses only recently joined Belgian club Gent, while Madu remains at Slovak club AS Trencin.

Manchester City have already announced they will not release Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali for the AYC.

Iheanacho is injured and won’t be fit in time for the competition, while Nwakali is set to join a European club on loan from the EPL champions. [/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Ibrahim Denied Contract By HNK Rijeka[/size]

Flying Eagles striker Alhassan Ibrahim has been denied a professional contract by Croatia side HNK Rijeka after picking up an injury during the team winter camp in Spain.

Popularly called Mu'azam he was reportedly set to be offered a contract by the team after the camping in Spain as replacement for Andreij Kramaric now at Leicester City in England.

However SL10.ng can report he picked up a thigh complaint which lead the team to pull out of a proposed two years deal with the option of another year for him.

Rijeka needed a striker who will hit the ground running and Alhassan injury means he won't be able to feature in games when the League resumes as they bid to wrestle the title from Dinamo Zagreb.

Alhassan Ibrahim according to leaks we gathered is not set to be out for long hence he is still in contention to make the Nigeria Under-20 team to Senegal.

The lanky striker is presently in Kaduna with the Flying Eagles who are preparing for the upcoming Africa Youth Championship in Senegal but sat out Monday morning session due to same injury.

If passed fit for the Championship a strong showing at the Championship might trigger more interest in his services following his failure to move to Europe after two attempts.

He spent close to three month on trial with Rijeka after a move to Swedish side Kalmar broke down due to his agent excessive financial demands.[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Flying Eagles thrash NDC Warriors[/size]

The Flying Eagles stepped up their build-up for this weekend’s Super 4 in Abuja with a confidence-boosting 6-0 win over NDC Warriors at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna on Tuesday.

Sunshine Stars striker Prince Aggrey opened scoring for the Nigeria U20s after 13 minutes and 10 minutes later skipper Taiwo Awoniyi won a penalty, which was put away by Ifeanyi Ifeanyi.

Effort

Wasiu Jimoh then saw his goal-bound effort crash against the post on 33 minutes.

The Flying Eagles extended their lead in the 68th minute when Usman Hassan headed home off a free kick delivered by Jimoh.

A minute later, Prince Aggrey coolly grabbed his brace as he was put through by Abdullahi Alfa.

Substitute

Ifeanyi Ifeanyi then scored again from the penalty spot after substitute Obinna Nwobodo was brought down inside the box on his way to goal.

Substitute Gabriel completed the rout in stoppage time.

Flying Eagles starting XI: Joshua Enaholo – Zaharadeen Bello, Mustapha Abdullahi, Akinjide Idowu, Abdullahi Alfa, Bernard Bulbwa, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi, Prince Aggrey, Wasiu Jimoh, Ya'u Hassan, Taiwo Awoniyi (capt)[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Who Will Win The Super Six?[/size]

The 2015 League Management Company (LMC) Super Six tournament will get underway on Saturday 24th January.

Enyimba International Football Club, Dolphins Football Club, Warri Wolves Football Club, Kano Pillars Football Club, Nigeria U23 and Nigeria U20 would all compete for honours in the tournament.

Two-time CAF Champions League winners, Enyimba International are the defending champions of the pre-season competition.

SL10 takes a look at the participating teams:

Nigeria U23 – The Dream Team VI have the potential to stake a claim and are physically fit enough to deal with the challenge as well. Should be an interesting competition for them. They have an excellent squad and have the talents to be counted as favorites.

Nigeria U20 – The Flying Eagles have the energy and armory to upset the bigger sides in this competition and if they can defend in shape and maintain their tactical discipline then they may be the side to beat. They have been in camp for a very long time and have the arsenal to be contenders.

Enyimba International – The Federation Cup champions have a veritable production line of talents. They are led by the indomitable Chinedu Udoji. They are many people's pick to defend their title.

Kano Pillars – The current Nigeria Professional Football League champions are perhaps one of the strongest sides in the draws. Tipped to win the pre-season tourney this year, as they have recruited heavily for the 2014/15 season.

Warri Wolves – A decent outfit but they have a big hole to fill with the exit of Gbolahan Salami. It remains to be seen how they perform but they'll need to be at their best to do well.

Dolphins – The Pride of Rivers have traditionally been strong on teamwork and if they can keep their discipline in their first two games, they have an outside chance of winning the tournament.

With the analysis of the competition done and dusted, who do you think will be crowned champions?
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Yahaya Resumes Training[/size]

Tottenham Hotspur starlet Musa Yahaya finally resumed training with Nigeria's Under 20 national team on Tuesday, few hours after arriving to the training camp in Kaduna.

And joining the attacking midfielder in the practice session on Tuesday was Porto Under 19 striker Chidera Ezeh, who breezed into the Flying Eagles camp the same day.

''I am now in camp, and also Musa Yahaya. We both came on Tuesday afternoon,'' Chidera Ezeh said to SL10.ng.

''We couldn't train with the rest of the team on Tuesday, we jogged yesterday but trained today.''

The Nigeria Football Federation had sent letters of invitations to both Tottenham Hotspur and Porto informing the clubs that the players will feature at the African Youth Championship.

Despite the tournament falling outside the Fifa international window, both European teams agreed to release the players for the tourney which begins early March.

Should Nigeria qualify for the Fifa Under 20s, as widely expected, Musa Yahaya will return to Tottenham Hotspur after the competition.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
[size=14pt]Ndidi begins life in Belgium on winning note[/size]

Wilfred Ndidi began his integration at KRC Genk on a winning note as the Belgian club’s second team won 3-0 on Tuesday with the Nigeria U20 defender in full-game action.

The highly-rated central defender Ndidi, who turned 18 last month, recently signed a pro deal with Genk to run for two and a half years.

Last year, the former Golden Eaglets star attended trials at the Belgian club and was also sought after by several other foreign clubs including Sporting Braga of Portugal.

His representatives disclosed he will rejoin the Nigeria U20 team by the weekend ahead of the 2015 African Youth Championship in Senegal in March.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Moses Gets Sent Off[/size]

Gent new signing Simon Moses was yesterday sent off in the Belgium cup tie against Lokeren which they won 1-0.

The 19 year old Nigerian was introduced in the 70th minute for Benito Raman and got his marching orders less than a minute after coming on for a rash tackle.

That was the first red card of his professional career that has seen him play in two different countries in Slovakia and Belgium.

However his red card didn't cost his team as they hung on to claim all three points and progress to the next round of the Cup in Belgium on a 5-1 aggregate win.

He moved to Gent on the 7th of January from AS Trencin of Slovakia after scoring over 25 goals in just a year with the team.

His made his debut for his new side in a 3-1 victory away at Mouscron playing the last ten minutes as manager Hein Vanhaezebrouck slowly introduce him to Belgium football.
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
[size=14pt]AYC: Flying Eagles to drop nine players[/size]

The Nigeria U20 team before the qualifier against Tanzania (Photo: Samm Audu/Flying Eagles)
Manu Garba and the coaching crew of the Nigeria U20 team have said nine players will be dropped from the side, before they depart for the Championship billed for Senegal.

30 players are presently sweating it out in camp, out of which only 21 will be on the final list.

Selection

The team’s assistant coach, Nduka Ugbade, revealed that the coaching crew is working round the clock to select the best players for the tournament.

The former Junior international also announced that they will be using the Super Six pre-season tournament in Abuja to assess the performance of the players.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Flying Eagles set to battle league top guns[/size]

Nigeria U20 team, the Flying Eagles, have expressed confidence they will give a good account of themselves at the expanded Super 4 tournament, which kicks off on Saturday at the Abuja National Stadium.

The Flying Eagles and the Nigeria U23 team have been handed special invitations to feature in the pre-season competition, which has drawn league champions Kano Pillars, Enyimba, Warri Wolves and Dolphins.

The Nigeria U20, who arrived Abuja on Thursday from their training base in Kaduna, will play their first match on Saturday at the Abuja National Stadium against league runners-up Enyimba.

Kick-off is 3pm.

On Monday, they will take on Pillars, before they battle Warri Wolves on Wednesday and Dolphins on Friday.

Their final match in this round-robin competition will be Sunday, February 1, against Dream Team.

Match times are 1pm, 3pm and 5pm.

Flying Eagles assistant coach Nduka Ugbade said he is confident the team will do well in the Super 4.

“We have worked hard in Kaduna and we believe the team will show this at such a high-performance competition like this,” Ugbade said.

“This is a very good test for us ahead of the African Youth Championship in March in Senegal as it will afford us the chance to see how far we have gone in our preparations and make any necessary corrections before the AYC.”

The national U20s have been boosted with the arrival of Musa Yahaya from the Tottenham Hotspur youth team and Chidera Eze, who is with the FC Porto youth setup.

Skipper Musa Muhammed, Ifeanyi Matthew and Wilfred Ndidi, who have been away in Europe, are expected to join up before the team’s first game against Enyimba.

[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
[size=14pt]Full Super 6 Fixtures[/size]

Day 1: Saturday, January 24:

Dolphins vs Pillars 1pm

Enyimba vs Flying Eagles 3pm

Warri Wolves vs Dream Team 5pm

Day 2: Monday, January 26

Enyimba vs Warri Wolves 1pm

Pillars vs Flying Eagles 3pm

Dolphins vs Dream Team 5pm

Day 3: Wednesday, January 28

Flying Eagles vs Warri Wolves 1pm

Pillars vs Dream Team 3pm

Dolphins vs Enyimba 5pm

Day 4: Friday, January 30

Dream Team vs Enyimba 1pm

Kano Pillars vs Warri Wolves 3pm

Flying Eagles vs Dolphins 5pm

Day 5: Sunday February 1

Warri Wolves vs Dolphins 1pm

Pillars vs Enyimba 3pm

Dream Team vs Flying Eagles 5pm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Ndidi Included In Genk Squad[/size]

Highly-rated central defender Ndidi Wilfred has been included in Koninklijke Racing Club Genk squad to face Mouscron-Peruweiz on Friday night.

The Flying Eagles defender has been shinning in training and he was eventually cleared to play the Belgian Jupiler League match.

He might be given a run out or better still take a place on the substitutes bench in the game due to take place at the Cristal Arena.

As reported by SL10, last week the Nigeria youth international joined the Genkies on a two and a half year deal.

The highly-rated defender who is a product of Nath Boys FC featured for Nigeria U20 team at the FIFA U20 World Cup in Turkey in the year 2013.

He was assigned jersey number 25 by Genk.

Rated as Nigeria's best young centre-back, he is presently the vice-captain of the Nigeria under 20 side.
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
Wow,

Would really love to see the game with Enyimba, it would show how they have progressed.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:04am On Jan 24, 2015
[b] Super 6: F/Eagles upbeat against league top guns

Nigeria U20 team, the Flying Eagles, have expressed confidence they will give a good account of themselves at the expanded Super 4 tournament, which kicks off on Saturday at the Abuja National Stadium.

The Flying Eagles and the Nigeria U23 team have been handed special invitations to feature in the pre-season competition, which has drawn league champions Kano Pillars, Enyimba, Warri Wolves and Dolphins.

Training
The Nigeria U20, who arrived Abuja on Thursday from their training base in Kaduna, will play their first match on Saturday at the Abuja National Stadium against league runners-up Enyimba. Kick-off is 3pm.

On Monday, they will take on Pillars, before they battle Warri Wolves on Wednesday and Dolphins on Friday.

Round-robin
Their final match in this round-robin competition will be Sunday, February 1, against Dream Team.

Match times are 1pm, 3pm and 5pm.

Flying Eagles assistant coach Nduka Ugbade said he is confident the team will do well in the Super 6.

- We have worked hard in Kaduna and we believe the team will show this at such a high-performance competition like this, Ugbade said.

Good test
- This is a very good test for us ahead of the African Youth Championship in March in Senegal as it will afford us the chance to see how far we have gone in our preparations and make any necessary corrections before the AYC.

The national U20s have been boosted with the arrival of Musa Yahaya from the Tottenham Hotspur youth team and Chidera Eze, who is with the FC Porto youth setup.

Skipper Musa Muhammed, Ifeanyi Matthew and Wilfred Ndidi, who have been away in Europe, are expected to join up before the team’s first game against Enyimba.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
I'm sorry guys. Late to the show but the Flying Eagles just scored courtesy a penalty. Musa Mohammed 1-0

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
Awoniyi was fouled by Anaemena

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.