Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,573 members, 7,847,411 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:04 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (482456 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by yenum10: 4:39pm On May 21, 2015
SL10.ng has been informed Kelechi Iheanacho has been granted a work permit by the Home Office and that means he can start to represent Manchester City in official games as from next season. EPL GET READY FOR A SURPRISE PACKAGE

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by yenum10: 4:40pm On May 21, 2015
rabzy:
Please is musa yahaya in the squad. That guy that never tires, always on the move from back to the front, reminds me of patrick viera.
yea he is
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Banuso99: 4:56pm On May 21, 2015
Ghana name Under-20 World Cup squad

Ghana coach Sellas Tetteh has released a list of 21 players to form his squad for the upcoming U-20 World Cup tournament in New Zealand.

Joseph Owusu Bempah, who led the team at the 2015 African Youth Championship (AFC) in Senegal earlier this year, has been included as captain.

Also in is Manchester City's Yaw Yeboah, voted the AFC's best player.

Ghana are in Group B of the 30 May to 20 June tournament, alongside Argentina, Austria and Panama.

The Black Satellites are the only African nations to have lifted the trophy.

Full squad:

Goalkeepers: Kwame Baah (Heart of Lions), Siedu Muntawakilu (Hearts of Oak), Lawrence Ati-Zigi (Red Bull Salzburg)

Defenders: Kingsley Fobi (Right to Dream), Owusu Bempah (Hearts of Oak), Joseph Aidoo (Inter Allies), Joseph Adjei (Wa All Stars), Emmanuel Ntim (Valenciennes), Patrick Asmah (BA United), Patrick Kpozo (Inter Allies)

Midfielders: Asiedu Attobrah (New Edubiase), Godfred Donsah (Calgliari), Kofi Yeboah (Wa All Stars), Prosper Kasim (Inter Allies), David Atanga (Red Bull Salzburg), Yaw Yeboah (Man City), Clifford Aboagye (Granada), Osei Barnes (Paios Ferriera)

Strikers: Benjamin Tetteh (Tudu Mighty Jets), Emmanuel Boateng (Rio Ave), Samuel Tetteh (WAFA)
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 5:12pm On May 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Senegal Name U20 Squad[/size]

Senegal under-20 coach Joseph Koto has published his final list of players for the Fifa under-20 World Cup in New Zealand, which will kick off on May 30

Most of the players were drawn from the team that finished second at the African Youth Championship held in Senegal last March.

Striker Mamadou Thiam of French side Dijon is the only new player added to the outfit.

The Lionceaux are pitted against Qatar, Colombia and Portugal in Group C and will open their campaign against the Portuguese on May 31 at the Waikato Stadium in Hamilton.

Squad

Goalkeepers: Khadime Ndiaye (Sporting), Seydou Sy (Monaco), Ibrahima Sy (Lorient)

Defenders : Andelinou Correa (Dakar Sacré-Cœur), Mouhameth Sané (Dijon), Elimane Cissé (Diambars), Pape Abou Cissé (AC Ajaccio), Alhassane Sylla (Diambars), Moussa Wague (Excellence Foot)

Midfielders : Abdoulaye Ndione (Excellence Foot), Sidy Sarr (Mbour Petite Côte), Serigne Fallou Niang (CS Sfaxien), El Hadji Malick Niang (US Gorée), Mamadou Loum Ndiaye (US Ouakam), Roger Gomis (Louhans-Cuiseaux), Alassane Sow (Real Saragosse), Rémi Nassalan (Ndangane FC)

Forwards : Papa Diene Faye (Mbour Petite Côte), Ibrahima Wadji (Mbour Petite Côte), Moussa Koné (Dakar Sacré-Cœur), Mamadou Thiam (Dijon)
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 5:17pm On May 21, 2015
yenum10:
see no matter what iheanacho, success and moses are one talents that cant b benched u guys will see wat am talking abt for a manager to include d names of the three of dem despite dia absent there is something in them dat is not in other players. i have watched dis guys they are talented too talented to be benched kelechi......success and moses ....nwakali are in d first eleven no doubt xcept for moses awoniyi might replace him but for d rest am sure of their starting place

Nobody dispute that , kelechi is good also success and simon is excellent ,synergy and team rhythm is very important , if they are good and refuse to blend with the rest of the team is a failure on Manu 's path, it's because they are exceptional and they are doing well in their team that was why they were selected without training with the team .but playing with the first team will require gradual integration has the coach as mentioned , expect all of them to start from the bench .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 5:38pm On May 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Porto Striker Chidera Ezeh Dismisses Brazil Threat[/size]

With only eleven days left before the Flying Eagles opening fixture against Brazil at the FIFA Under 20 World Cup, FC Porto Under 19 forward Chidera Ezeh is brimming with confidence.

Five-time champions at U20 level, the Seleção Sub-20, have included some marquee names on their roster including Fluminense striker Kenedy, who is attracting genuine interest from Chelsea ahead of the reopening of the transfer window, and Real Madrid's Jean Carlos.

Those Brazilian names might ring a bell globally, and definitely in South America, but Chidera Ezeh says he's not afraid to go toe-to-toe with the attackers and has pointed out that the Nigeria U20s prepared adequately for the tournament in New Zealand.

''We respect all our opponents but we don't fear them,'' Chidera Ezeh told SL10.ng after training on Thursday morning.

''In these modern days all the teams are good and what we saw here (in Germany) is not different from others and surely we will gain a lot of experience playing them.

''We will take each game as it comes.''

In the build-up to the mouth-watering clash against Brazil in New Plymouth, the Flying Eagles were involved in three scrimmages and won all the games, scoring 14 goals.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 5:38pm On May 21, 2015
yenum10:
see no matter what iheanacho, success and moses are one talents that cant b benched u guys will see wat am talking abt for a manager to include d names of the three of dem despite dia absent there is something in them dat is not in other players. i have watched dis guys they are talented too talented to be benched kelechi......success and moses ....nwakali are in d first eleven no doubt xcept for moses awoniyi might replace him but for d rest am sure of their starting place
even Messi can be benched, so whaz your point? They will start from the bench in their first match in the events that they play the opening match at all
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 21, 2015
Despite the presence of Argentina, Brazil and some top European teams, the Flying Eagles will be the team to beat when the FIFA U20 World Cup kicks off according to Coach Fatai Amoo.

The Flying Eagles will kick start their campaign against Brazil in New Zealand; June 1st,but the Nigeria U23 Olympic team assistant Coach fears the fine form of the team could spurn some air of complacency in the camp.

In a chat with www.footballlive.ng. Amoo says the team are no underdogs going into the competition and this may trigger the pressure button.
” We all know they are in good shape but I hope they don’t get over confident or allow complacency creep into the camp.

” The Flying Eagles are the team to beat so there’s going to be a lot of pressure; they are not going in as underdogs, which I hope they’ll be able to absorb the heat and pressure so that they can go out there and play their game.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:00pm On May 21, 2015
Pictures from Camp

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 6:07pm On May 21, 2015
The match between Nigeria n Brazil will probably be d match of the tournament. As d players are looking forward to this encounter so also the fans- it got to be a gr8 match. I remembered in 2013 this set of U-20 then u-17 were anticipating to play d brazillians who were also free scoring side at d final. But unfortunately d bra didn't get to d final. Hmmm-I SMELL A A TOUGH MATCH. #FLYFlyEAGLES
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 6:15pm On May 21, 2015
AIG07:
The match between Nigeria n Brazil will probably be d match of the tournament. As d players are looking forward to this encounter so also the fans- it got to be a gr8 match. I remembered in 2013 this set of U-20 then u-17 were anticipating to play d brazillians who were also free scoring side at d final. But unfortunately d bra didn't get to d final. Hmmm-I SMELL A A TOUGH MATCH. #FLYFlyEAGLES

This present crop of Brazilian team are not the free scoring side , they play more of defensive style of football , I hope the style has changed if not they will be punish for it .
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 6:17pm On May 21, 2015
Musa mohamed to soton would be great he will get a chance to break into the 1st team without playing in the academy. As for awoniyi he should learn the shoki well bcuz with the number of goals we will score there will be a lot of time for dancing. Anytime i hear YAHAYA i remember the match against iran and smile in just 15 minutes he had already ran riot with his crazy driblings
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 6:23pm On May 21, 2015
I think I just found Awoniyi's twitter handle grin grin

Wish me luck guys. Pray for me cheesy.....i'll still need help from anyone who can contavt him in case my efforts fail (which is highly possible)

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:23pm On May 21, 2015
More pics

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 6:37pm On May 21, 2015
I just read on GOAL that keshi is ready to give awoniyi a chance in d se after d u-20 luks lyk keshi dn dae change oh buh he shud also give oda playas a chance 2
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 6:43pm On May 21, 2015
joseph1013:
More pics
omo na Alampasu tall like that?shocked....dude is like 6ft5" now.....and who's the nigga with the jacked up teeth? undecided
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:27pm On May 21, 2015
safarigirl:
omo Ms Alampasu tall like that?shocked....dude is like 6ft5" now.....and who's the nigga with the jacked up teeth? undecided

Alampasu is very tall. I have a picture of him with Kanu. They are of the same height mehn.

Jacked up teeth? I dont think it's what I'm seeing but the guy with the gap tooth is Ifeanyi Ifeanyi. Fantastic player.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2015
mikron:
David de-gea, xavi, iniesta etc
They all represented Spain at U-20 level but at different times.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Mrcapability7: 7:44pm On May 21, 2015
safarigirl:
omo Ms Alampasu tall like that?shocked....dude is like 6ft5" now.....and who's the nigga with the jacked up teeth? undecided
why ur wastin ur time crushin on awoniyi while am here, available and ready to take u to d alter

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 7:54pm On May 21, 2015
joseph1013:

Alampasu is very tall. I have a picture of him with Kanu. They are of the same height mehn.

Jacked up teeth? I dont think it's what I'm seeing but the guy with the gap tooth is Ifeanyi Ifeanyi. Fantastic player.
yep, Ifeanyi. What about the last pic? That of David and Goliath, who are they?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by winner95(m): 7:57pm On May 21, 2015
safarigirl:
I think I just found Awoniyi's twitter handle grin grin

Wish me luck guys. Pray for me cheesy.....i'll still need help from anyone who can contavt him in case my efforts fail (which is highly possible)

Best of luck!!!.....I'm optimistic something will come out of this..cool
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 8:04pm On May 21, 2015
safarigirl:
yep, Ifeanyi. What about the last pic? That of David and Goliath, who are they?

The short one is Musa Yahaya shld be ndidi ,I think Ndidi is d tallest among them followed by Olorunleke Ojo
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:06pm On May 21, 2015
Mrcapability7:
why ur wastin ur time crushin on awoniyi while am here, available and ready to take u to d alter
are you over 6ft tall, dark skinned, cute, athletic and intelligent? I don't think so, but thanks for the offer smiley
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:10pm On May 21, 2015
lexyman:

The short one is Musa Yahaya shld be ndidi ,I think Ndidi is d tallest among them followed by Olorunleke Ojo
nah, wasn't talking of that pic. I meant the third one with the light-skinned short dude and the dark tall one.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by P0intBlank(m): 8:22pm On May 21, 2015
safarigirl:
even Messi can be benched, so whaz your point? They will start from the bench in their first match in the events that they play the opening match at all

Well, that's exactly what happened in 2005. Barcelona didn't release d wonder kid in time so he reported late to camp. The coach decided to keep him on the bench for the first game (which they lost to d USA ). The coach realize his mistake and the rest they say is history(they won the next 6 matches) That said Iheanacho is no Messi nor is any other player. It's nice seeing a lady whose passionate about football and demonstrates a good understanding of d game. Thumbs up!
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:22pm On May 21, 2015
Kanu and Alampasu

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 8:22pm On May 21, 2015
safarigirl:
nah, wasn't talking of that pic. I meant the third one with the light-skinned short dude and the dark tall one.

Third or fourth picture? The light-skinned short guy is Musa Yahaya while the dark tall guy is Muaazam. Muaazam is on standby while Yahaya has been picked.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 8:23pm On May 21, 2015
safarigirl:

The light-skinned short dude is Musa yahaya ,the guy don go gym get muscle ....I know you are surprised how he has metamorphous !
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 8:25pm On May 21, 2015
@joseph ,kanu is taller than Alampasu , he didn't stand upright . Kanu is about 197cm while Alampasu is about 187cm
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:29pm On May 21, 2015
lexyman:

The light-skinned short dude is Musa yahaya ,the guy don go gym get muscle ....I know you are surprised how he has metamorphous !
sorry, I was reading Musa Mohammed, my bad smiley

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 8:50pm On May 21, 2015
winner95:

Best of luck!!!.....I'm optimistic something will come out of this..cool
lol...wish I could be that optimistic smiley....his last tweet was 2 days ago, so hopefully he'll be back online soon and follow back *fingers crossed*
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Mrcapability7: 9:17pm On May 21, 2015
safarigirl:
are you over 6ft tall, dark skinned, cute, athletic and intelligent? I don't think so, but thanks for the offer smiley
so u de screen men like in malta guiness dancehall anyway sha i got all d QUANTITIES u spat

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.