Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,539 members, 7,861,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:30 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (483537 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 12:20pm On May 22, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

Safarigirl am very matured and open to any constructive criticism no matter how harsh it may seem.
I have already resolved not to post again, especially on topics that are bound to appear here unless otherwise. I wouldn't want to drag anyone back deliberately so as to maintain the smooth flow of the atmosphere of this great thread. I wouldn't want this issue to divert people's attention from the main reason why we are here. So be rest assured on that. Let there be peace.
#TeamSuperFlyingEagles#
mature people wouldn't say stuff like "as you have said I should stop posting old news, I won't post any news at all"

But it's cool cool

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 22, 2015
LeeCodeman:

Chai! Chai!! Chai!!! This World Cup just dey sweet my belle. See confidence.

If na Keshi now, e go dey say make we dey pray before we beat Chad. Yet na Egwueke and Agbim e go dey invite.

Make this World Cup start jor.
am certain and anticipating this current squad to win this fifa world cup for the first time for Nigeria, after their superlative and trumendious performance in recent games! .

Apparently, I can't wait to laugh jiggaman and his fellow associates to scorn cool
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 12:33pm On May 22, 2015
blueto:
am certain and anticipating this current squad to win this fifa world cup for the first time for Nigeria, after their superlative and trumendious performance in recent games! .

Apparently, I can't wait to laugh jiggaman and his fellow associates to scorn cool

Oga, please dont invite them here. They will look to derail this thread. Let them stick with their satellites.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by IFELEKE(m): 12:38pm On May 22, 2015
Good People,
I just want to commend everyone for a job well done here, the regular updates are so inspiring and insightful ... I can't wait to shout YES! YES!! YES!!!

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 22, 2015
LeeCodeman:

Oga, please dont invite them here. They will look to derail this thread. Let them stick with their satellites.
don't panic man. They are currently hidding in isolation grin
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 12:54pm On May 22, 2015
LeeCodeman:

Bros, nothing do you. Continue your work. ignore any form of discouragement. Joseph, abi wetin you talk?
i feel all ur comments guy.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 12:59pm On May 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Aghahowa $6m transfer 'killing' fires Esperance for Nigeria stars[/size]

The whooping $6 million profit Esperance made within a year from the sale of ex-Nigeria star Julius Aghahowa to Shakhtar Donetsk is behind the recent swoop by the Tunisian club on other Nigeria stars.

Emem Eduok has been snapped up by Esperance and the Tunis club also chased Nigeria league hot shot Mfon Udoh before they reportedly signed Nigeria U20 forward Bernard Bulbwa.

‘The Blood and Gold’ are now hot on the chase of several other Nigeria stars including Taiwo Awoniyi, Kingsley Sokari and Christian Pyagbara.

Esperance vice-president Ziad Tlemcani has revealed that the club made a staggering killing of over $6 million on the transfer market when they sold Aghahowa to Ukrainian club Shahktar Donetsk for $7 million in 2000 after they bought him from Insurance of Benin for a meagre $200,000.

“Aghahowa made good money for us after less than a year with us and we believe other Nigerian players can also do that now,” said the former Sporting Lisbon star.

Aghahowa was snapped up by Esperance in 1999 and the next year he moved to Shakhtar to give the Tunisian club a huge profit. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 1:08pm On May 22, 2015
This days after working all through the day, @ nite i sleep early so that day we brake ontime. Thats my own way of fast forwarding days, COz i cant wait for this big event start expecialy vs Brazil
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 1:09pm On May 22, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Aghahowa $6m transfer 'killing' fires Esperance for Nigeria stars[/size]

The whooping $6 million profit Esperance made within a year from the sale of ex-Nigeria star Julius Aghahowa to Shakhtar Donetsk is behind the recent swoop by the Tunisian club on other Nigeria stars.

Emem Eduok has been snapped up by Esperance and the Tunis club also chased Nigeria league hot shot Mfon Udoh before they reportedly signed Nigeria U20 forward Bernard Bulbwa.

‘The Blood and Gold’ are now hot on the chase of several other Nigeria stars including Taiwo Awoniyi, Kingsley Sokari and Christian Pyagbara.

Esperance vice-president Ziad Tlemcani has revealed that the club made a staggering killing of over $6 million on the transfer market when they sold Aghahowa to Ukrainian club Shahktar Donetsk for $7 million in 2000 after they bought him from Insurance of Benin for a meagre $200,000.

“Aghahowa made good money for us after less than a year with us and we believe other Nigerian players can also do that now,” said the former Sporting Lisbon star.

Aghahowa was snapped up by Esperance in 1999 and the next year he moved to Shakhtar to give the Tunisian club a huge profit. [/b]
if I catch Awoniyi anywhere near Tunisia, tori olorun, I will locate telephone wire and flog him with it.. angry

Anyway, on his twitter handle, he indictaed his love for Chelsea. Better choice, last last if e dey go trials, he fit sleep for Mikel house grin.....my love get sense

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 1:34pm On May 22, 2015
safarigirl:
if I catch Awoniyi anywhere near Tunisia, tori olorun, I will locate telephone wire and flog him with it.. angry

Anyway, on his twitter handle, he indictaed his love for Chelsea. Better choice, last last if e dey go trials, he fit sleep for Mikel house grin.....my love get sense
Mikel's place or what? Make e no stay there o. na russian girl e go arrange for him:-D. Laughing-just saying. I think de should all focus well on d worldcup. A step at a time He could be another Amuneke wey go play for BARCA. Better offers will come, i'm not saying chelsea is a bad club. But big clubs wey go give them playing times.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Leon2036(m): 2:09pm On May 22, 2015
safarigirl:
no lele. As long as Awoniyi gets top scorer grin....
hehe We no dey drag for top scorer no worry
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 22, 2015
With just 7 days before the commencement of the New Zealand 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup, former international, Emmanuel Babayaro says only the Flying Eagles can stop themselves from doing well in the tournament.

According to the former Nigeria International, there seem to be some shade of cockiness and over confidence in the team’s ranks judging from the comments attributed to the players.

” , they’re sounding to confident and a little bit boastful. I would advise that they should approach the competition with caution though we know they are capable of going far.

” The team has shown so far that they are a discipline team and tactically solid as a unit. Am hoping they enter the competition with the right state of mind because this is the competition that’s evaded us at the youth level.”
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by fellory: 2:21pm On May 22, 2015
[quote author=safarigirl post=33988939]mature people wouldn't say stuff like "as you have said I should stop posting old news, I won't post any news at all"

But it's cool cool[/quote

Why are You so truculent and uncouth.Pls learn some manners.You are up in arms with that Guy for no good reason.

4 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 2:45pm On May 22, 2015
LeeCodeman:
Please, is Gent going to qualify directly into the Champions'league as the Champions of Belgium or will they play Playoffs?

linked:
playoffs things bro

its automatic qualification.. the seedling and ranking has been change for 15/16 champions league..
League winner in top 7 league will be seeded in Pot 1.. while the defending champion will complete that last 8
England, spain, germany, italy, portugal, france, holland and belgium...
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by AIG07: 2:49pm On May 22, 2015
the atmosphere in d camp is gr8 so also here. Teamspirit is high. Abeg settle your dispute amicably@those concerned.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 2:51pm On May 22, 2015
LeeCodeman:

Cool. We are going to be seeing Moses playing against the best teams in the World. Great!

provided the big shark did not snap him up from Gent come summer..
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 2:55pm On May 22, 2015
IFELEKE:
Good People,
I just want to commend everyone for a job well done here, the regular updates are so inspiring and insightful ... I can't wait to shout YES! YES!! YES!!!

you remind me of Nacho Jubilation in the U-17 world cup...
i cant wait to see more of that bro..

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 3:02pm On May 22, 2015
safarigirl:

Anyway, on his twitter handle, he indicted his love for Chelsea. Better choice, last last if e dey go trials, he fit sleep for Mikel house grin.....my love get sense

i believe he and the sensible ones among them wont make that silly mistake.. even those that has committed themselves to lower league clubs are now regretting it (IMO)...

i pray they perform very well and win the cup.. then we can begin fasting n prayer against those confusionist (if there is any english word like that) called Agents...

Ajax, Psv, Feyenord, Porto, Benfica, Valencia, top team in Bundesliga and any Champions league team with good developmental youth program..

any club aside these ones is a no for me...

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by jobsat34(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2015
AIG07:

Mikel's place or what? Make e no stay there o. na russian girl e go arrange for him:-D. Laughing-just saying. I think de should all focus well on d worldcup. A step at a time He could be another Amuneke wey go play for BARCA. Better offers will come, i'm not saying chelsea is a bad club. But big clubs wey go give them playing times.

Mikel has lost his place to Loftus Cheek + Home grown Quota really matters now in EPL..

Awoniyi wont meet him there come next season...

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:05pm On May 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Flying Eagles stars won't cause selection problems - Manu[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2435061_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e

Coach Manu Garba has insisted star-studded Flying Eagles will not cause him any selection problems at the U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Manu has added as many as eight fresh players from the squad who won a seventh African Youth Championship in March in Senegal.

The star additions include Manchester City starlets Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali, Moses Simon from newly crowned Belgian champions Gent as well as Europe-based Wilfred Ndidi and Isaac Success.

However, the coach has insisted he will not have any headache picking his first team at the World Cup.

“There won’t be selection problems because we will pick players who understand each other more, so that the cohesion and the rhythm will go well. Team play comes first before any individual showmanship,” said Manu.

“We will pick players who are free of injury, players who play together and who are committed to cover for each other throughout the game.”

He further said: “We have a way we choose our team here – the starting team will be the best players in the week of the match, the player who are injury free and who are in top shape and the right frame of mind to deliver the goods.

“With these 21 players, you can close your eyes and say this 11 will start and they will do well.

“At times, the bench will be stronger than the starting line-up. Sometimes you win your match from the bench.”

The Flying Eagles coach also said he has a much stronger team than the one who won the 2015 AYC.

“We’re much stronger than the team who played at the African Youth Championship in Senegal,” he said.

“A player like Kingsley Sokari was not there (in Senegal), a player like Iheanacho was not there, a player like (Isaac) Success was not there, Moses (Simon) was not there, Wilfred Ndidi was not there and (Chidiebere) Nwakali wasn’t there.

“These are players who can play for any team any day once they are fit.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 3:09pm On May 22, 2015
Has anyone noticed that Manu Garba believes so much in Sokari. Guys, watch out for this Enyimba star!

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 3:18pm On May 22, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Flying Eagles stars won't cause selection problems - Manu[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2435061_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e

Coach Manu Garba has insisted star-studded Flying Eagles will not cause him any selection problems at the U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Manu has added as many as eight fresh players from the squad who won a seventh African Youth Championship in March in Senegal.

The star additions include Manchester City starlets Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali, Moses Simon from newly crowned Belgian champions Gent as well as Europe-based Wilfred Ndidi and Isaac Success.

However, the coach has insisted he will not have any headache picking his first team at the World Cup.

“There won’t be selection problems because we will pick players who understand each other more, so that the cohesion and the rhythm will go well. Team play comes first before any individual showmanship,” said Manu.

“We will pick players who are free of injury, players who play together and who are committed to cover for each other throughout the game.”

He further said: “We have a way we choose our team here – the starting team will be the best players in the week of the match, the player who are injury free and who are in top shape and the right frame of mind to deliver the goods.

“With these 21 players, you can close your eyes and say this 11 will start and they will do well.

“At times, the bench will be stronger than the starting line-up. Sometimes you win your match from the bench.”

The Flying Eagles coach also said he has a much stronger team than the one who won the 2015 AYC.

“We’re much stronger than the team who played at the African Youth Championship in Senegal,” he said.

“A player like Kingsley Sokari was not there (in Senegal), a player like Iheanacho was not there, a player like (Isaac) Success was not there, Moses (Simon) was not there, Wilfred Ndidi was not there and (Chidiebere) Nwakali wasn’t there.

“These are players who can play for any team any day once they are fit.[/b]
Chai mr Manu Garba the tactician...it shall be well with u.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 3:22pm On May 22, 2015
jobsat34:

i believe he and the sensible ones among them wont make that silly mistake.. even those that has committed themselves to lower league clubs are now regretting it (IMO)...

i pray they perform very well and win the cup.. then we can begin fasting n prayer against those confusionist (if there is any english word like that) called Agents...

Ajax, Psv, Feyenord, Porto, Benfica, Valencia, top team in Bundesliga and any Champions league team with good developmental youth program..

any club aside these ones is a no for me...
what about Arsenal?

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lexyman(m): 3:34pm On May 22, 2015
LeeCodeman:
Has anyone noticed that Manu Garba believes so much in Sokari. Guys, watch out for this Enyimba star!

No,he emphatically said the guy and others are new inclusion to the team .he believes in all of them .

I head. Sokari plays like jay jay , I have not really watched any of his highlights .so many talents in the team , will love to see combination of talents and the core players of 2018 World Cup .

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Caspian22(m): 3:38pm On May 22, 2015
I'll be writing an article on players to watch at this tourney this weekend... Stay tuned

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by FBS: 3:58pm On May 22, 2015
choi! shocked wey this thread dey before? whaaat! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joxxy01(m): 4:12pm On May 22, 2015
MANU HANDS NDIDI VICE CAPTAIN BAND
Genk of Belgium 18 year old central defender Wilfred Ndidi has being named the vice captain of the Nigeria Under-20 team who are set to campaign at the World Youth Championship in New Zealand.
Ndidi will deputise for regular skipper Musa Mohammed while striker Taiwo Awoniyi who has being wearing the band in the absence of Ndidi will be the team third captain.
The former Nath boys of Lagos defence strong man was with the team when they were in their formative years at Under-17 level but a failed MRI test ruled him out from participating at the Africa Under-17 Youth Championship and the Under-17 World Youth Championship.
However he was snapped up by coach John Obuh then coach of the Nigeria Under-20 team and despite his tender age he posted a faultless performance for the team two years ago at the World Youth Championship in Turkey.
This will be his second Under-20 World cup and the highly rated youngster is expected to be a regular for Nigeria as he will lead from the rear alongside his favourite partner Zahradeen Bello and flanked by full backs Musa Mohammed and Mustapha Abdullahi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.