Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,580 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements (49570 Views)

Dominique Oputa Displays Boobs At The Beach / Justice Oputa Talks About His Son Charlyboy / Pictures Of Charly Boy & Justice Oputa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by ITbomb(m): 1:41am On Jun 28, 2014
Arequiem mass organised for the late Socrates of the Supreme Court, Justice Chukwudifu Oputa at his country home in Oguta Local Government Area of Imo State was disrupted yesterday, when the first son of the former erudite judge, Charles Oputa, a.k.a Charley Boy prevented Governor Rochas Okorocha from paying tribute to his father.

Eye witnesses said that the mass which was conducted by the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Rt Rev. Matthew Hassan Kukah at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Oguta, went on smoothly until Okorocha was permitted by the Bishop to pay his tribute to the fallen judge.

However, Chief Okorocha, was stopped midway into his speech, by Charley Boy who was visibly infruiated with Kukah for granting the governor the permission to speak. He walked up angrily to the altar and snatched the micro-phone from the governor, to the embarrassment of all the dignitaries present. It was a disgrace to the governor.

Among eminent Nigerians present at the church service included representative of President Goodluck Jonathan, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Governors Willie Obiano (Anambra), Theodore Orji (Abia); the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Chief Emeka Ihedioha and former governors of Anambra State, Senator Chris Ngige and Mr Peter Obi respectively.

Also present, were the former governor of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim,, Senator Uche Chukwumerije and the Minister of Labour, Chief Emeka Wogu, the state Police Commsiioner, Almajid Ali and the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, for Oguta, Ikembuchukwu Abugu.

The intervention of Bishop Kukah could not assuage Charly Boy’s anger as he insisted that no politician would take advantage of his father’s burial to score “cheap political” goals. He insisted that the Governor should not speak at the event.

However, obviously embarrassed by Charley Boy’s action, the Governor and members his entourage hurriedly left the church service mid -way, despite entreaties from the officiating Bishop Kuka for them to stay on.

It was gathered that Charly Boy’s action followed a recent statement by Government House, Owerri, to the effect that the Oputa family was given N20 million to assist it in the burial arrangements.

Sources told Saturday Vanguard, however, that “the family never received a dime from either Okorocha or the state government, not to talk of the alleged N20 million said to have been made available to them,’’ as reported by a section of the media.

Earlier in his sermon, Bishop who lauded the virtues of Justice Oputa, stressed that “to tolerate a son like Charley Boy by a man of late Justice Oputa’s reputation, is a measure of the greatness of the man.”

He called on Nigerians to stand up in defence of justice and equity, adding that late Oputa had serious liking for the concept of justice and equity during his life time.

”Oputa before he died, was worried about the quality of Nigerian lawyers and judges because he believed in the judiciary as the last hope of the nation. Today, his legacies are beyond his immediate family,” Bishop Kuka said

Meanwhile, the state government has described the incident that played out at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Oguta, as “ugly and regrettable.”

According to a statement by the Seniour Special Assistant, SSA, Media, to Governor Okorocha, Mr Sam Onwuemodo, “It is highly regrettable that the son of the late Justice, Mr Charles Emeka Oputa, aka, Charly Boy, threw caution to the wind and turned the church service into a political theatre that saw him acting or playing out the script he drafted in Abuja with some Imo politicians, who have remained cowed by the overwhelming popularity of Governor Rochas Okorocha.”

Onwuemeodo insisted that the state government made “substantial financial input and also organized a special day of tributes for the late Justice Oputa at the expense of state government with Charly Boy also present with other members of the family.

”We condemn that ugly incident and also wish to advise politicians from the state to stop heating up the polity over power since God is the giver of power. In 2015, God will decide who will be governor of Imo State and when God decides that, there is nothing anybody can do about it.” He did not make to reference to the N20m said to have been given to the family.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/n20m-controversy-charly-boy-disgraces-okorocha-oputas-burial/

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by DickDastardly(m): 1:55am On Jun 28, 2014
Good Riddance!
No bloody politician should rubbish your father's hard earned reputation! We cant loose all our souls to the devil and all live to the glory of lucifer!

87 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Ikengawo: 2:04am On Jun 28, 2014
imagine okorocha's nerve

47 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by aresa: 2:49am On Jun 28, 2014
Politics in Nigeria is nothing but shitty dog eat dog, thuggery and cash and carry affair. Even is own father's sacred burial didn't prevent this nonentity from disrespecting his own dead father straight into his grave..

What a sad same..

4 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by zicoraads: 3:16am On Jun 28, 2014
The incident had nothing to do with APC. Okorocha was disgraced, simples!

11 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 3:25am On Jun 28, 2014
Inasmuch as Okorocha was wrong to lie about the burial donation,charly boy's action is quite uncalled for.He should have allowed him to give his speech and address the false donatiion through another media.

Rochas even though I don't like him or his party is still the Governor and should be accorded the respect the office holds

47 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by biafranqueen: 3:26am On Jun 28, 2014
Chei imagine being disgraced by Charly Boy
Okoko your finished in Igboland move on brose move on!

8 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by biafranqueen: 3:28am On Jun 28, 2014
chukwudi44: Inasmuch as Okorocha was wrong to lie about the burial donation,charly boy's action is quite uncalled for.He should have allowed him to give his speech and address the false donatiion through another media.

Rochas even though I don't like him or his party is still the Governor and should be accorded the respect the office holds
That is the problem with us giving respect to these goons just because they are sucking us dry. Like Papa Rivers said we dance when we see them even though we know they thief.

75 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by awodman: 3:29am On Jun 28, 2014
zicoraads: The incident had nothing to do with APC. Okorocha was disgraced, simples!
My friend New APC chairman John Oyegun was there likewise other top party chieftains....Okorocha's supporters also came in their numbers with drums singing Rochas & APC praises..

Good one Area Father....Middle finger to em politicians..They wanna claim glory where they never sowed...What is N20mllion to Justice Chukwudifu Oputa's family kwanu?

55 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by aresa: 3:56am On Jun 28, 2014
chukwudi44: [b]Inasmuch as Okorocha was wrong to lie [/b]about the burial donation,charly boy's action is quite uncalled for.He should have allowed him to give his speech and address the false donatiion through another media.

He lied because the senseless and misguided thug played out the shameful script given to him by his PDP handlers to disgrace the governor or just because he said so ?

4 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by mainheart(m): 4:50am On Jun 28, 2014
one day, I say one day monkey go reach market em no come back

4 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 28, 2014
Thumbs Charley! I see no reason why we should respect those politicians even when they don't deserve it.

For Charles' sake, politicians are just mere managers whom we employ/elect/select just to manage our resources and nothing more.
We are their employers, until people start seeing them as our subjects, we've got a long way to go.

26 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 5:06am On Jun 28, 2014
Charly boy should have gone ahead and given him a rap on the head, instead. Must Okorocha lie about everything and in anything?

Rochas uses every opportunity to play politics and insulting the memory of the learned Justice Chukwudifu Oputa is going too far. Do the Oputas lack money to bury their father? I don't even know what to say cos this is so annoying...

28 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 28, 2014
chukwudi44: Inasmuch as Okorocha was wrong to lie about the burial donation,charly boy's action is quite uncalled for.He should have allowed him to give his speech and address the false donatiion through another media.

I strongly disagree with you, Rochas threw his respect to the dogs the very moment he chose to gain public praise when he lied about giving the family 20million. Charly boy's action could be justified as that of a man depressed by the father's death and doing everything to ensure that his father's dignity is not tainted even in death. Okorocha screwed up in this one.

51 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 5:10am On Jun 28, 2014
Picture or ... undecided
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 5:10am On Jun 28, 2014
Rochas is a fraud, he makes promises he can't keep. Last time, he said he is granting scholarship to imo state indigenes in the state owned university but that was a wash as he only fulfilled the promise on paper. Imo is in the hands of 419ner.

29 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by dubienatti(m): 5:11am On Jun 28, 2014
I thought charly boy made it clear to every body that his father don't want his burial politicize..

19 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Sijo01(f): 5:16am On Jun 28, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 28, 2014
zicoraads: The incident had nothing to do with APC. Okorocha was disgraced, simples!

i read the post, APC was not mentioned, so what is biting you?

Anyway, if you are trying to seperate the failure called Okorocha from the failure caleed APC, I van assure you of failure in it.

Cheers.

37 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by zicoraads: 5:56am On Jun 28, 2014
noblezone:

i read the post, APC was not mentioned, so what is biting you?

Anyway, if you are trying to seperate the failure called Okorocha from the failure caleed APC, I van assure you of failure in it.

Cheers.
I have no business with Okorocha neither do i have any with the APC.

Its the OP u should direct ur questions to. The first of which shuld be...why did he quickly change the topic of the thread?
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Lacombre: 6:12am On Jun 28, 2014
I applaud Charley Boy's boldness,even though he might have gone extreme.
But the aboki governor needed that embarassing act,to make him know that not everyone is a co:cksucker.
What a funny episode!

18 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 28, 2014
Sijo01: cheesy cheesy cheesy

Baby You survived the hurricane nairaland? grin

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Sijo01(f): 6:24am On Jun 28, 2014
aguiyi:

Baby You survived the hurricane nairaland? grin

My dear, it was survival of the fitest. Am glad you made it too. cheesy cheesy
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 28, 2014
aresa: Politics in Nigeria is nothing but shitty dog eat dog, thuggery and cash and carry affair. Even is own father's sacred burial didn't prevent this nonentity from disrespecting his own dead father straight into his grave..

What a sad same..

Stop seeking attention, Charlie is not in your league neither is any of his children.

People handle things differently, okorocha and amaechi will continually be disgraced till they retrace their steps. This is not the first time politicians are making false claims and get away with it but that privilege will not be enjoyed by zonal enemies of their people.

Even George bush was stoned with a shoe for yapping nonsense and nothing happened talk less of a mallam in igbo land

37 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 28, 2014
Sijo01:

My dear, it was survival of the fitest. Am glad you made it too. cheesy cheesy

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 28, 2014
Correct!

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 28, 2014
Serves him right.

5 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Lusola15: 7:19am On Jun 28, 2014
Let's stand up to our leaders they are not gods

7 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by ITbomb(m): 7:39am On Jun 28, 2014
At least Charlie Boy is not one of those who celebrate govs who build roads and sink boreholes while stealing billions #Udechukwu

5 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Abagworo(m): 8:08am On Jun 28, 2014
I was so ashamed yesterday. Charlie boy acted like a small boy and a stupid one for that matter. It was obvious that all the politicizing bullsh*t he has been emphasizing on was directed towards Okorocha and not PDP. He spoilt his father's burial by being obviously partisan. As PDP dignitary was allowed to talk but Oguta people wanted Owelle to talk as hailings of Owelle was too much. Even at that Okorocha still laughed it off and greeted him warmly with smiles before leaving and his departure led most of the people out of the service angry with Charles.

5 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by obayaya(m): 8:16am On Jun 28, 2014
Abagworo: I was so ashamed yesterday. Charlie boy acted like a small boy and a stupid one for that matter. It was obvious that all the politicizing bullsh*t he has been emphasizing on was directed towards Okorocha and not PDP. He spoilt his father's burial by being obviously partisan. As PDP dignitary was allowed to talk but Oguta people wanted Owelle to talk as hailings of Owelle was too much. Even at that Okorocha still laughed it off and greeted him warmly with smiles before leaving and his departure led most of the people out of the service angry with Charles.

Abagworo you go the burial?

Okorocha spokesman

33 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Was In A Relationship With Him – Yul Edochie’s Gay Stalker Insists. / Chidi Mokeme Mocks Photo Of President Buhari And APC Members In London / Throwback Photo Of Toke Makinwa Before She Became Light Skinned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.