Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements (49594 Views)

Dominique Oputa Displays Boobs At The Beach / Justice Oputa Talks About His Son Charlyboy / Pictures Of Charly Boy & Justice Oputa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by kabba7(m): 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2014
Lacombre: I applaud Charley Boy's boldness,even though he might have gone extreme.
But the aboki governor needed that embarassing act,to make him know that not everyone is a co:cksucker.
What a funny episode!

Did Charles want to sell the dads carcass for the. #20 million why not sell it to money ritualist who will check if the body can still produce money .
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Ikenganri(m): 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2014
Abagworo: Most of those rejoicing at this disgrace do not understand what it entails. 1st of all is lack of respect for the Bishop and the Catholic Church as a whole. 2ndly it is lack of respect for Nigeria and 3rdly lack of self control. I do not see any form of attempt by Okorocha to politicize anything. His speech at the special session in Owerri earlier held zero political undertone but rather Okorocha eulogized the late legal icon. Imo Government actually gave assistance to Oputa family and the amount wasn't disclosed even though the media assumed 20M, it might be more than just money. Charlie boy was only trying to play neutral but he over-did things because on the streets of Oguta, people out of good will were cheering Okorocha Owelle! Owelle! and the PDP people weren't comfortable with that. Maybe they erroneously believed that Oguta people were bribed to hail Rochas.
fool and a hypocrite!. Are you not the same mad man shouting "we don't want a bishop from that side" when a bishop from anambra was sent to ahiara diocese as was directed by rome?. Now u are talking about disgrace to a bishop and catholic church.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Madu100t(m): 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2014
No mata how long monkey hand stay indoor, it cant change to human hand. Its beta we call blak a blak no mata who is involve. I love wht he did
chukwudi44: Inasmuch as Okorocha was wrong to lie about the burial donation,charly boy's action is quite uncalled for.He should have allowed him to give his speech and address the false donatiion through another media.

Rochas even though I don't like him or his party is still the Governor and should be accorded the respect the office holds
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
berem: Charlie boy,you no try o! No matter your grieviances with Rochas,you shouldn't have acted that way during your Father's burial.
I also blame Rochas for not fulfilling his promise of giving the Oputa family the 20million naira.

Bros, this was not about being angry, it is about saving N20 Million for Imo State.

This is how the game is played, the "progressive" governor says he is giving N20m out, the supposed beneficiary never gets it, but the money is signed off anyway.

Guess in whose pocket the money enteres?

You should "bravo" Charley for standing up to the "progre-thief".

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by badesco(m): 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
I thought Charly boy should have been done with his eccentric attitudes. or may he has forgotten that his father is no more and there are limits as to what he can do now. Governor Okorocha should made him pay for his unruly action.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by dubienatti(m): 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2014
nnekamezor: Really
yea b4 he died.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by xtgozie(m): 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2014
[center]
berem: Charlie boy,you no try o! No matter your grieviances with Rochas,you shouldn't have acted that way during your Father's burial.
I also blame Rochas for not fulfilling his promise of giving the Oputa family the 20million naira.
[/center]

you smoke weed abi u drink kai-kai? Why will you blame Charles
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
dubienatti: yea b4 he died.
okay i see..jst hearing dat nw
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by jimjones: 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2014

According to a statement by the Seniour Special Assistant, SSA, Media, to Governor Okorocha, Mr Sam Onwuemodo, “It is highly regrettable that the son of the late Justice, Mr Charles Emeka Oputa, aka, Charly Boy, threw caution to the wind and turned the church service into a political theatre that saw him acting or playing out the script he drafted in Abuja with some Imo politicians, who have remained cowed by the overwhelming popularity of Governor Rochas Okorocha.”

Onwuemeodo insisted that the state government made “substantial financial input and also organized a special day of tributes for the late Justice Oputa at the expense of state government with Charly Boy also present with other members of the family.

”We condemn that ugly incident and also wish to advise politicians from the state to stop heating up the polity over power since God is the giver of power. In 2015, God will decide who will be governor of Imo State and when God decides that, there is nothing anybody can do about it.”

And right there's exactly the reason why Charlie Boy was 1000% right to nip that sh!!!t in the bud. A funeral service in honor of a man of impeccable character like Justice Oputa, should under no circumstances, be turned into a political theater. That's no way to show respect.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
chukwudi44: Inasmuch as Okorocha was wrong to lie about the burial donation,charly boy's action is quite uncalled for.He should have allowed him to give his speech and address the false donatiion through another media.

Rochas even though I don't like him or his party is still the Governor and should be accorded the respect the office holds

So they sholud start trading words on the media. That's cowardice. I love his approach. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Lordlexyy: 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2014
Those who support Charley's poor behaviour does so cos Okorocha is from the opposition. He didn't fail to display his rascality even in full public glare. I wonder how parents would be proud to have a son like that who threw caution to the air to embarass a sitting Governor. This is poor politics poorly displayed. There are many civilised way of venting grieviances and surely, not this way. He has not only disrespect the Governor but also the ministering Priest and God as well since the episode took place in the church.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by redsun(m): 4:54pm On Jun 28, 2014
Didn't they have events schedule for the funeral?And the list of who and who that is suppose to make speeches or read sermons?How could it have gotten to that point of altercation in a funeral of a learned man?
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Abagworo(m): 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ikenga nri: fool and a hypocrite!. Are you not the same mad man shouting "we don't want a bishop from that side" when a bishop from anambra was sent to ahiara diocese as was directed by rome?. Now u are talking about disgrace to a bishop and catholic church.
. Maybe you erroneously take me for an Mbaise man. I don't have time for whiteman's religion.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Ikenganri(m): 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
Abagworo: . Maybe you erroneously take me for an Mbaise man. I don't have time for whiteman's religion.
i swear with the last drop of blood inside me that u said it.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Abagworo(m): 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2014
redsun: Didn't they have events schedule for the funeral?And the list of who and who that is suppose to make speeches or read sermons?How could it have gotten to that point of altercation in a funeral of a learned man?
. Simple question and the answer is there. The Bishop called on Anyim who represented Jonathan to speak and when Anyim was done, the Bishop then called Okorocha to deliver his own speech. You can read between the lines and notice the political undertone in Charly boy's childish action. He obviously acted out a script aimed at tempting Okorocha. The Bishop had this to say “To tolerate a son like Charly Boy by a man of late Justice Oputa’s reputation, is a measure of the greatness of the man”.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Abagworo(m): 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ikenga nri: i swear with the last drop of blood inside me that u said it.
. You're making a mistake. My stand on that issue is exactly my stand on every issue in Nigeria. Everyone must have right to be anything everywhere in Nigeria. You cannot bar an Mbaise man from being a Bishop in Awka while you force an Awka man on Mbaise. That is my stand just like my stand on the right of an Igbo to be Nigerian President or VP.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Abagworo(m): 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ikenga nri: i swear with the last drop of blood inside me that u said it.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by beblessed(f): 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
I like wat charlie boy did. Some pipo cant stand hypocricy and I think thats what charlie boy has been telling the whole world. He tries to express it and many people still do not understand. His father fully understood his kind of person. They were very close upto to the time of death of elder Oputa. It is wrong for the Rev to insinuate that father and son relationship was sour. Justice Oputa lived in Abuja with Charlie boy 4 years. Some people cannot stand noisy funerals. These politicians should just leave the masses alone!
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ahahahahahaa Nigeria, y wld they even give speech knwing fully well dat Charlie boy is a son in dat house, he no get joy for rubbish oo.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by millionaireman: 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
Okorocha must have invited APC Chair, Oyegun and other APC gurus to his soul city Owerri to showcase his new buildings, in guise of a colloquium in honour of late Pa Oputa.

Charly Boy over-reacted by snatching the microphone from Gov. Okorocha in a church service.

But why must a Colloquium be held for late Justice Oputa in Owerri? Are there no roads to Oguta? If Okorocha had built his new International Conference Centre in Oguta or elsewhere outside Owerri, will it not thrive?

During his campaign, Okorocha made a promise to make every local government area in Imo state a Govt House sort of. But since joining APC, Okorocha retreated to Owerri where he has been doing his fancy projects to attract attention, and abandoned other development projects he started outside the state capital.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by millionaireman: 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
Abagworo: . Simple question and the answer is there. The Bishop called on Anyim who represented Jonathan to speak and when Anyim was done, the Bishop then called Okorocha to deliver his own speech. You can read between the lines and notice the political undertone in Charly boy's childish action. He obviously acted out a script aimed at tempting Okorocha. The Bishop had this to say “To tolerate a son like Charly Boy by a man of late Justice Oputa’s reputation, is a measure of the greatness of the man”.

Of course Bishop Kukkah does not hide it: he wants power back to Born To Rule 2015 - APC's agenda. Guess why Kukkah could pour such scorn on Charly Boy.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by myspnigeria: 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
I support what Charley boy in this. u don't politicize such thing. R.I.P justice Oputa

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by jenuel: 8:54pm On Jun 28, 2014
Charly Boys action is condemnable. His action showed utmost disrespect not only to Aboki Rochas Okoroocha but also to the officiating Bishop Kukah. Charly Boy as the first son of the jurist should start displaying majurity and not boyish acts. He had every opportunity to address the audience as the chief mourner and dispel all rumour.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by nossycheek(f): 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
well leave my bro in law alone. Eluama kwenu
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Ikenganri(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2014
Abagworo: . You're making a mistake. My stand on that issue is exactly my stand on every issue in Nigeria. Everyone must have right to be anything everywhere in Nigeria. You cannot bar an Mbaise man from being a Bishop in Awka while you force an Awka man on Mbaise. That is my stand just like my stand on the right of an Igbo to be Nigerian President or VP.
when and who barred an mbaise man from becoming a bishop in awka?. You just can't stop ur endless lies and propaganda. Rome gave ahiara time to pick a bishop from among them. They turned it into politics and rome gave order that a bishop be ordained from awka diocese and send to them..... What else. You like division so much!
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by sleekman(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2014
ogtavia: I wasn't there,so I can't tell how serious it was,but at any rate,I think Charlie Boy went a little overboard,if he wanted to embarass Okorocha (who according to people on dis thread is a synonym for lie),he shud have waited till like say the reception,where even d audience will be larger(people like Okorocha neva get tired of public misdemeanour),the occasion was abt his dad(tho dead) and nt abt him or Okorocha,yet I still understand dt we all av different temperaments,yet,I still think d occasion wasn't right,okay,he has snatched the mic from him and unwittingly sent him home or to a mistress's place,what next,the burial proceeding has been disrupted no matter how slight,however,it hasn't reduced d respect I av for charly Boy,no matter how small,however,those governor's nneed to be taught a bitter lesson in honesty,must they turn everything into politics?altho,I am very sure when Oputa Snr was dying,he might av settled it within himself dt his son might disrupt his burial or create a scene,it won't be a new thing,but Charly Boy chose a wrong occasion for the right thing,PDP and APC can go to hell with all its members,I dnt give two dead rats behind.
Ure very silly 4 dis stupi d comment. My fathers burial, I warn u that no politics will b tolerated and then u want 2 open ur mouth when u didn't donate jack while claiming u donated N20m. Charly own small my own 4b x10

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by sleekman(m): 10:00pm On Jun 28, 2014
jenuel: Charly Boys action is condemnable. His action showed utmost disrespect not only to Aboki Rochas Okoroocha but also to the officiating Bishop Kukah. Charly Boy as the first son of the jurist should start displaying majurity and not boyish acts. He had every opportunity to address the audience as the chief mourner and dispel all rumour.
Oga na Charly Papa burial no be Rochas campaign. He had every right. The family chooses who 2 address d church and not d officiating ministers

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by checkdate(m): 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
Abagworo: Nairaland is an unanimous forum and thats the beauty of it all. Just assume you could be discussing with Aregbesola, Iweala, Metuh or Ezekwesili without actually knowing.
Oga Osewa Oluwaseun over to you.
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by sleekman(m): 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
Lordlexyy: Those who support Charley's poor behaviour does so cos Okorocha is from the opposition. He didn't fail to display his rascality even in full public glare. I wonder how parents would be proud to have a son like that who threw caution to the air to embarass a sitting Governor. This is poor politics poorly displayed. There are many civilised way of venting grieviances and surely, not this way. He has not only disrespect the Governor but also the ministering Priest and God as well since the episode took place in the church.
U wen dey buy girlfriend motor come dey fight am 4d motor wen she take u do wien nko? D family reserves d right on who they want to address them. By d way he warned that no campaigning allowed and that was exactly wot Okorocha did d previous day. Then u want him 2 allow that during d burial. His fathers burial not Okorochas. By d way u don collect ur motor abi na marriage last last?

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by cenaboy(m): 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
Abagworo: I was so ashamed yesterday. Charlie boy acted like a small boy and a stupid one for that matter. It was obvious that all the politicizing bullsh*t he has been emphasizing on was directed towards Okorocha and not PDP. He spoilt his father's burial by being obviously partisan. As PDP dignitary was allowed to talk but Oguta people wanted Owelle to talk as hailings of Owelle was too much. Even at that Okorocha still laughed it off and greeted him warmly with smiles before leaving and his departure led most of the people out of the service angry with Charles.
but do you support false claims of 20m? Given to oputa family
Re: Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements by Solowande(m): 11:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
Hw Charlie Boy and Okorocha beef put food 4 my mouth? We de kill ourselves here and those guys de enjoy denselves. dis y they alway call us church rat. alway talking abt d rich, when will they talk abt us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omotola And Son In Stunning Photo / Biodun Okeowo's Daughter Graduates From Secondary School (Photos) / Zlatan Ibile Held By SARS, Special Anti-Cultism Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.