Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... (126946 Views)

Federal Ministry Of Health Is Calling For Interveiw / Federal Ministry Of Health Massive Recruitment August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by Dramadiddy(m): 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by steffans(m): 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
Paroman: You will be sent one, containing your details and a generated Application ID. Have you checked your spam folder?

i have been looking for the generated ID i have not seen it...
does it come in a separte mail. from the "APPLY NOW" mail

pls help its urgent!!!
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by rozayx5(m): 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
Gorimakpa:
Of course the selection would be politicised. Unless they bring angels from heaven to handle the process. Even recruitment/selection processes for less fancied government jobs are always politicised; not to talk of the prestigious and highly sought-after Foreign Affairs. Let's just hope to find favour somehow along the line.

my brother got his job there in 2002 cause my dad was a staff there smiley
that should tell you the reality of things wink
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by ejiykzazi2007(m): 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
steffans:

i have been looking for the generated ID i have not seen it...
does it come in a separte mail. from the "APPLY NOW" mail

pls help its urgent!!!
Seperate mail, after u must hv completed ur application...

1 Like

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by primeson1(m): 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
Just got an email now that my application contains error that I should resubmit before July 13th. Who else got this?

1 Like

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by ejiykzazi2007(m): 10:03am On Jul 08, 2014
primeson1: Just got an email now that my application contains error that I should resubmit before July 13th. Who else got this?
Does it mean they are processing the application immediately? Bros, just review ur application nd make d corrections... I didn't get any mail to dat regard.
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by MANGAM(m): 7:05am On Jul 11, 2014
A friend yesterday was called and given appointment letter. The guy read French and just completed his nysc wit the last batch that passed out. I know some wouldn't bliv me. I personally drove him there, waited for him in the car. He started his documentation yesterday afta collecting his letter and this is a guy that never apply for the job. This is the new nigeria we all find ourselves.
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by ejiykzazi2007(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2014
MANGAM: A friend yesterday was called and given appointment letter. The guy read French and just completed his nysc wit the last batch that passed out. I know some wouldn't bliv me. I personally drove him there, waited for him in the car. He started his documentation yesterday afta collecting his letter and this is a guy that never apply for the job. This is the new nigeria we all find ourselves.
Not some bro, many won't blive. I for one, I no blive u abeg!
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by MANGAM(m): 7:47am On Jul 11, 2014
Bro, bliv wat u want to bliv
ejiykzazi2007: Not some bro, many won't blive. I for one, I no blive u abeg!
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by s3nn2x(m): 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
MANGAM: A friend yesterday was called and given appointment letter. The guy read French and just completed his nysc wit the last batch that passed out. I know some wouldn't bliv me. I personally drove him there, waited for him in the car. He started his documentation yesterday afta collecting his letter and this is a guy that never apply for the job. This is the new nigeria we all find ourselves.
LOL!
When will you have sense?
Since when does MFA start giving employment letter to level 8 officers?
It could have made sense if you said FCSC because they are the ones that employ level 7 and Above.
For your friend to be called to MFA, that means he is not B.Sc holder and he got a job as an Executive Officer or Clerical Assistant with SSCE, NCE and OND.
Next time you want to pass any information, make sure you pass a full one.

1 Like

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by MANGAM(m): 8:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
U should asked where I drove him to FCSC or MFA? By the way I gain nothing if I lie and y would I lie abt such thing? It was in Abidjan street wuse zone 3, Abuja that the letter was issued and for those who knw Abuja well FCSC is located in zone 3
s3nn2x:
LOL!
When will you have sense?
Since when does MFA start giving employment letter to level 8 officers?
It could have made sense if you said FCSC because they are the ones that employ level 7 and Above.
For your friend to be called to MFA, that means he is not B.Sc holder and he got a job as an Executive Officer or Clerical Assistant with SSCE, NCE and OND.
Next time you want to pass any information, make sure you pass a full one.
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by s3nn2x(m): 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
MANGAM: U should asked where I drove him to FCSC or MFA? By the way I gain nothing if I lie and y would I lie abt such thing? It was in Abidjan street wuse zone 3, Abuja that the letter was issued and for those who knw Abuja well FCSC is located in zone 3
It is possible.
I am not denying the fact.
But we haven't seen anyone yet.
I am going to make enquiries on Monday sha
The guy must be highly connected
But that doesn't negate this recruitment process. There is always a merit list and discretionary list. I guess the guy falls under the latter. Lucky chap!
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
s3nn2x:
It is possible.
I am not denying the fact.
But we haven't seen anyone yet.
I am going to make enquiries on Monday sha
The guy must be highly connected
But that doesn't negate this recruitment process. There is always a merit list and discretionary list. I guess the guy falls under the latter. Lucky chap!
do u av an idea of when they will be calling for test,will everyone dat applied be called to write d exam...tnx
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by s3nn2x(m): 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
samson212: do u av an idea of when they will be calling for test,will everyone dat applied be called to write d exam...tnx
To say the truth, I don't know how this recruitment would go. I can just tell you that in 2012, the vacancy ended 15th of June, while the Examination was done in September and the interview was done in December and the recruitment list for those that came with Merit, came out in February, so it took over 7 months . There is a likelihood that those that will get the job would resume early next year. Also, all those that applied wrote the exam, even those that their names were not on the list. It was open to all those who applied. I am talking about merit oooo. There might be some people who will get the job without following the above listed process.
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by Gorimakpa(m): 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2014

Only a naive person will doubt you. People collect appointment letters everyday of the week at the CSC opposite Customs Headquarters. Anytime I go to Abuja to pursue govt job, I go there, and I am always crying. This also happens in all the major parastatals and govt agencies. I believe you 100%. It is a matter of connection - who you know there in Abuja.

If there will be merit list, it will not be more than 5% of the total, and even that 5% is not sure sef.

5 Likes

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by ejiykzazi2007(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
s3nn2x:
To say the truth, I don't know how this recruitment would go. I can just tell you that in 2012, the vacancy ended 15th of June, while the Examination was done in September and the interview was done in December and the recruitment list for those that came with Merit, came out in February, so it took over 7 months . There is a likelihood that those that will get the job would resume early next year. Also, all those that applied wrote the exam, even those that their names were not on the list. It was open to all those who applied. I am talking about merit oooo. There might be some people who will get the job without following the above listed process.
Thanks bro. But I learnt that in dat 2012, it was not only foreign affairs that advertised nd d qualification was 2.2. So I want to ask pls, is FCSC incharge of d recruitment process entirely? Don't u think d delay is because of oda ministries involved in 2012, nd now that its only MFA, it cud b faster? And then it was hardcopy application but now, since it was solely internet application nd mostly for 2.1 nd 1st class, it won't take much time? 7months plenty to o! To recruit highest 300 pple... Waitin 4 ur response pls.. And dey may want to conclude evrytin b4 election...
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by ejiykzazi2007(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
Gorimakpa:

Only a naive person will doubt you. People collect appointment letters everyday of the week at the CSC opposite Customs Headquarters. Anytime I go to Abuja to pursue govt job, I go there, and I am always crying. This also happens in all the major parastatals and govt agencies. I believe you 100%. It is a matter of connection - who you know there in Abuja.

If there will be merit list, it will not be more than 5% of the total, and even that 5% is not sure sef.
Nigeria neva bad like dat abeg, if pple collect letas evryday of d weak, unemployment no go dey lyk dis...
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by haykay2005: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
ejiykzazi2007: Nigeria neva bad like dat abeg, if pple collect letas evryday of d weak, unemployment no go dey lyk dis...
The guy just said the truth Bro, go to abuja and see things for yourself

1 Like

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by Gorimakpa(m): 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
ejiykzazi2007: Nigeria neva bad like dat abeg, if pple collect letas evryday of d weak, unemployment no go dey lyk dis...
Well you can believe what you like, that doesn't change the reality. Different people with different connections collect appointment letters everyday in Abuja, that is the fact. I have not been lucky enough so far, but I have been on the hunt for govt job since 2010, and I know what my eyes have seen in that Abuja.
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by s3nn2x(m): 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
ejiykzazi2007: Thanks bro. But I learnt that in dat 2012, it was not only foreign affairs that advertised nd d qualification was 2.2. So I want to ask pls, is FCSC incharge of d recruitment process entirely? Don't u think d delay is because of oda ministries involved in 2012, nd now that its only MFA, it cud b faster? And then it was hardcopy application but now, since it was solely internet application nd mostly for 2.1 nd 1st class, it won't take much time? 7months plenty to o! To recruit highest 300 pple... Waitin 4 ur response pls.. And dey may want to conclude evrytin b4 election...
Like I said, I dont know. FCSC is incharge of all recruitment from level 7 and above into all Federal Ministries. Anyway, you can keep on praying. I don't think it is going to be up to 300 that would be recruited oooo. I am hearing like 80, so lets say between 100 and 200. Just keep on praying sha. Even the ones that were employed in 2012 recruitment process are just 210 or so in total, and the Ministry is complaining that they are too much, the list time such a high number of people were employed is in 1983 or so.
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by s3nn2x(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
Gorimakpa: Well you can believe what you like, that doesn't change the reality. Different people with different connections collect appointment letters everyday in Abuja, that is the fact. I have not been lucky enough so far, but I have been on the hunt for govt job since 2010, and I know what my eyes have seen in that Abuja.
Don't you know that your mentality is also a factor. I am not saying that people are not collecting employment letter through connection, but there are also people that are collecting employment letter who do not know anybody. You just need to change your mentality. It happens everwhere even in the US. If you go to the thread of MFA in 2012, there were lots of comments like yours and a lot of people were discouraged, but I know 2 people from that said thread who got the job without knowing anybody, I am sure you don't know the Chairman of FCSC.....anyway, goodluck with your job hunt. I hope you get something soon. All you need is faith sha. Since you don't have anybody, why can't you go to God?

2 Likes

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by s3nn2x(m): 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
Gorimakpa: Well you can believe what you like, that doesn't change the reality. Different people with different connections collect appointment letters everyday in Abuja, that is the fact. I have not been lucky enough so far, but I have been on the hunt for govt job since 2010, and I know what my eyes have seen in that Abuja.
Don't you know that your mentality is also a factor. I am not saying that people are not collecting employment letter through connection, but there are also people that are collecting employment letter who do not know anybody. You just need to change your mentality. It happens everwhere even in the US. If you go to the thread of MFA in 2012, there were lots of comments like yours and a lot of people were discouraged, but I know 2 people from that said thread who got the job without knowing anybody, I am sure you don't know the Chairman of FCSC.....anyway, goodluck with your job hunt. I hope you get something soon. All you need is faith sha. Since you don't have anybody, why can't you go to God?
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by ejiykzazi2007(m): 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
s3nn2x:
, and the Ministry is complaining that they are too much, .
I thought is MFA will inform FCSC on existing vacancies b4 dey can recruit or does FCSC have d powa to recruit for any ministry witout d ministry's consent?
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by Gorimakpa(m): 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
s3nn2x:

My brother, it is not about my mentality o. God is the ultimate connection, and that is Who I am relying on. This issue of connection does not always mean it must be your uncle or family godfather. It could also be one influential person you did not know before, but met him or her and somehow they decide to help you. Bottom line is still the same thing. Dont let anybody deceive you, it is almost impossible to just sit in your house, write test, go for interview, and then receive call one day for you to come and collect letter for a federal govt job in this country. Unless you are from one of those small states like Jigawa or Kebbi or even Ebonyi where the issue of quota might help you when they are doing their balancing equation in federal character commission.

Most times someone somewhere must intervene on your behalf. It is not a small scramble o, I know what I am talking about. It could even he a stranger (sent by God). Some people have gotten these jobs by accidentally meeting one secretary or oga at the office gate or maybe in a church or anywhere, and begging for help. Fine they did not know anyone per se, but in the end it is still the same connection that got them the job. Anyhow it happens, it is still the same favour one is praying for. There is nothing like federal govt job o. Once you get that, you get peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
ejiykzazi2007: Thanks bro. But I learnt that in dat 2012, it was not only foreign affairs that advertised nd d qualification was 2.2. So I want to ask pls, is FCSC incharge of d recruitment process entirely? Don't u think d delay is because of oda ministries involved in 2012, nd now that its only MFA, it cud b faster? And then it was hardcopy application but now, since it was solely internet application nd mostly for 2.1 nd 1st class, it won't take much time? 7months plenty to o! To recruit highest 300 pple... Waitin 4 ur response pls.. And dey may want to conclude evrytin b4 election...
the recruitment is not for first class and 2-1 graduates only,they only said preferences will be given to them as does any organization.pls don't mislead prospective applicants...thank u

1 Like

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
quote]the recruitment is not for first class and 2-1 graduates only,they only said preferences will be given to them as does any organization.pls don't mislead prospective applicants...thank u
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by ejiykzazi2007(m): 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
samson212: quote]the recruitment is not for first class and 2-1 graduates only,they only said preferences will be given to them as does any organization.pls don't mislead prospective applicants...thank u
Ok bro. I'm sorry...
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by Gorimakpa(m): 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
First Class or 2.1 doesn't matter at all. I know someone with a pass degree that was employed the last time (in 2012) in the Federal Ministry of Labour. Regardless of class of degree, it is always good to apply first and then later start trying your best to find favour or get lucky somehow.
Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Gorimakpa: First Class or 2.1 doesn't matter at all. I know someone with a pass degree that was employed the last time (in 2012) in the Federal Ministry of Labour. Regardless of class of degree, it is always good to apply first and then later start trying your best to find favour or get lucky somehow.
exactly bro,what if a first class or 2-1 candidate fail woefully the exam,will he or she still be chosen?I think not

2 Likes

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by Gorimakpa(m): 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
@ s3nn2x

I just snooped around your profile (forgive me, lol) and found out that you are, in fact, a MFA insider! Lucky you, man! Would you be kind enough to give us some insight into the remuneration for level 8 officers (I guess it is same as other ministries), bonuses, perks, and other side attractions that one might expect? Wouldn't be a bad idea to salivate a bit, even it means counting one's chickens before they hatch, lol. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by s3nn2x(m): 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Federal Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Recruitment... by Atyodos: 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
pls is there any info about last year's civli service recruits?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

2017 ECOWAS Massive Job Recruitment For Graduate And Non-graduate Apply Now / Saro Africa Online Aptitude Test Invite / Inec Adhoc Staff Recruitment For 2019 Election - How To Apply And Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.