Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:59 AM

What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? (6287 Views)

T / Cohabitating Out of Wedlock: A Blessing Or Curse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Lorlaahlozz: 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2014
Tyche: I will open a thread about it on NL and ask for advise embarassed embarassed embarassed
Hahaha...I laugh in spanish
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Tyche(m): 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Hahaha...I laugh in spanish

You for call me to snap you na, instead of pulling your hands to stretching point
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
Missmossy: What would you do if you found out your spouse had a child out of wedlock?

For me,i'd be shocked and disappointed at first but since the deed has been done i'd just want to know how the kid is faring. All that has to do with the mother and child in question are of immense importance.
if u rili luv ar u wl 4gv£ ar
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Lorlaahlozz: 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
Tyche:

You for call me to snap you na, instead of pulling your hands to stretching point
I was kuku looking fr u
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Tyche(m): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: I was kuku looking fr u

Why didn't you open a thread for that na?
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Lorlaahlozz: 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2014
Tyche:

Why didn't you open a thread for that na?
I wanted to..buh connection timed out
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Tyche(m): 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: I wanted to..buh connection timed out

Pls open a thread for that asap. Afterall, NL needs more thread to make up for the lost ones grin
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Lorlaahlozz: 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
Tyche:

Pls open a thread for that asap. Afterall, NL needs more thread to make up for the lost ones grin
No create new topic for my browser oo
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
There won't be a reason to keep it from me. We will talk about everything, its only if he isn't sure of what my reaction is going to be that will make him hide that fact.

I love kids, I would ask who, where he/she is. Would wanna meet her/him and get to know her/him. I'm not too concerned about who the mum is but will keep her in view, just in case.

If your partner should hide that information from you, then there is something up.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Tyche(m): 12:12am On Jun 30, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: No create new topic for my browser oo

Even my Nokia 3310 has it
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by kingphilip(m): 3:03am On Jun 30, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: D 1st thing dah'll come to my mind is about killing d prsn
killing? Na so ur temper de boil reach? Abeg o
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 30, 2014
Why is everyone assuming that the spouse in question is automatically a woman? I mean c'mon the fact is that men are the most likely culprits for this kind of wahala... I mean, its pretty hard for a woman to hide a child without the full cooperation of her people. But a man can go and drop seeds all over the world with not a second thought...

But to the question, I would be chattered but I also promised to God that for better or worse we'd make it thru together. I can imagine myself walking away from my spouse, but the fear of God and the promise I made to Him would compel me to stay. I'd probably make an ultimatum that would make him realize the seriousness of his actions and how much my trust was broken. And I'd definitely stick to it until he can prove to me that there aren't anymore surprise children and that he is committed to raising this child as well as his other ones. AND, I'd make sure the mother in questions knows that he's a married man and that his duty is to child, and his wife (me) not her. And yes, I know that sounds harsh, but I am a single mother, and trust me when I say it's very possible to have a father raise his kids in a responsible and attentive manner, with full cooperation with me, without him being involved in my personal life, etc. So... she'd have to learn, because that wouldn't slide with me, but the child deserves all the attention and cooperation of both parents.
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Yemlizzy(f): 10:00am On Jul 05, 2014
Talk is cheap anyway! If it hasn't happened yet,you really can't say what you'd do.
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by GoodFaith: 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
vivalableue: Why is everyone assuming that the spouse in question is automatically a woman? I mean c'mon the fact is that men are the most likely culprits for this kind of wahala... I mean, its pretty hard for a woman to hide a child without the full cooperation of her people. But a man can go and drop seeds all over the world with not a second thought...

But to the question, I would be chattered but I also promised to God that for better or worse we'd make it thru together. I can imagine myself walking away from my spouse, but the fear of God and the promise I made to Him would compel me to stay. I'd probably make an ultimatum that would make him realize the seriousness of his actions and how much my trust was broken. And I'd definitely stick to it until he can prove to me that there aren't anymore surprise children and that he is committed to raising this child as well as his other ones. AND, I'd make sure the mother in questions knows that he's a married man and that his duty is to child, and his wife (me) not her. And yes, I know that sounds harsh, but I am a single mother, and trust me when I say it's very possible to have a father raise his kids in a responsible and attentive manner, with full cooperation with me, without him being involved in my personal life, etc. So... she'd have to learn, because that wouldn't slide with me, but the child deserves all the attention and cooperation of both parents.
thank you and if the man is a good man
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by GoodFaith: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
Yemlizzy: Talk is cheap anyway! If it hasn't happened yet,you really can't say what you'd do.
Talk is not cheap
common sense is cheap but people don't know how to use it
fight-----you end up with zero
Walk away to other married man with two wives
From head to tail
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 10, 2014
With such a web of deception and lies, I don't see it ending in anything but ruin.
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by GoodFaith: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: With such a web of deception and lies, I don't see it ending in anything but ruin.

What did your ruin?
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
GoodFaith:
What did your ruin?

Everything. It would ruin everything. I know my limits.
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Phemsy(m): 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
I'll jst go 2 d welder wu wedded us....#§welder..,unwed ds tin wt oxy-ethene flame nw#§
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by GoodFaith: 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Everything. It would ruin everything. I know my limits.
your limit might not make you happy at the end
It is about happiness at the end Compromise
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
GoodFaith:
your limit might not make you happy at the end
It is about happiness at the end Compromise

It's a matter of principles. After such a trail of deception and lies, and broken trust, the wronged party must then sit down to compromise? There is no happiness in that type of compromise. One can forgive, but forgetting is something else entirely.

Again, I know my limits. I would take my exit. Life would go on.
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by GoodFaith: 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

It's a matter of principles. After such a trail of deception and lies, and broken trust, the wronged party must then sit down to compromise? There is no happiness in that type of compromise. One can forgive, but forgetting is something else entirely.

Again, I know my limits. I would take my exit. Life would go on.
Hope your exil will create happiness
not loneness and sadness or mad as hell
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
GoodFaith:
Hope your exil will create happiness
not loneness and sadness or mad as hell

I hope living a lie will create happiness for the compromiser. We all have our boundaries.

Sadness: Definitely at first, I don't doubt it. But it stands to reason that the exit would not be imminent without the betrayal.
Loneliness: Time heals all wounds. Then life goes on.
Mad as hell: I'm not that weak-minded.
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by GoodFaith: 9:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I hope living a lie will create happiness for the compromiser. We all have our boundaries.

Sadness: Definitely at first, I don't doubt it. But it stands to reason that the exit would not be imminent without betrayal.
Loneliness: Time heals all wounds. Then life goes on.
Mad as hell: I'm not that weak-minded.
I am sure your husband is very happy to let you go
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
GoodFaith:
I am sure your husband is very happy to let you go

I wouldn't be the one who broke my vows, and destroyed the marriage. How he feels is no longer my concern just as my feelings, as his wife, did not factor into his decision-making. All is lost.

We all have our boundaries.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by GoodFaith: 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I'm wouldn't be the one who broke the vows, and destroyed the marriage. How he feels is no longer my concern just as my feelings as his wife did not factor into his decision-making. All is lost.

We all have our boundaries.
did you lie to him at any time
or kept secrets
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
GoodFaith:
did you lie to him at any time
or kept secrets

Loll It's funny how you're trying to vilify my opinion smiley
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by GoodFaith: 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Loll It's funny how you're trying to vilify my opinion smiley
Do you lie or keep lot of secrets?
Yes or NO
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: D 1st thing dah'll come to my mind is about killing d prsn
grin grin grin

Babe you are harsh....Lmao.

Hmmmmmm.....Child out of wedlock? what will I do first sad Let me think of what I will do first when I regain consciousness because I will sure faint . grin
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by GoodFaith: 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
MzMariah: grin grin grin

Babe you are harsh....Lmao.
Still waiting for the face photo
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
GoodFaith:
Still waiting for the face photo
Face photo? I will send it to your through Bluetooth. smiley

Good evening GoodFaith.
Re: What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 10, 2014
GoodFaith:
Do you lie or keep lot of secrets?
Yes or NO

I tell white lies, but I have no secrets from him. But go ahead, I want to hear your reasoning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Will Be Your Reaction If Caught Your Mum And Husband Having Sex?? / They Call Him A Woman Basher, Still No Woman Has Come Forward To Accuse Him / As Far U Have A Penis, You Must See This (picture), Click Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.