Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,682 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria (24757 Views)

Is Covenant University A University Or Secondary School / Represent Your Primary, Secondary And College / What Can You Remember In Your Primary Comprehension Reader? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by prinzgeini(m): 9:34am On Jan 29, 2007
promise72:

nobody does. you never go to school. tell the truth

I never went to school i know
but i hav all my degrees down 2 BSC

u went to school but u never attended class
u don't even know the name or face of ur teacher
don't let me pour ma A.C.I.D on u Mann angry angry angry
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by froggie(m): 10:19am On Jan 29, 2007
why is it so difficult to get admission into OAU?
these are the things i need to know.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by djcrucifix(m): 5:32pm On Jan 29, 2007
where should i begin?, i went to oluyole private school in Ibadan and it was fun all the way, all those things we did when i was small still makes me laugh today. playing mummy and daddy with my classmates or is it celebrating your birthday in school and the fun thing about it is that u get to wear mufti so all eyes will be on you. i can also remember all the father Xmas that came to my school then oh and before i forget, if you remember this old mirinda advert about the 3 orange men, well they came to my primary school.
     At least you get the picture of what primary school was like.

Secondary school was also 50% fun Cos i attended the vale college Ibadan for my first three years and being a private school, it was filled with chics and lots and lots of socials, but when i came to Lagos, u can only imagine, i finished from the Lagos state model college kankon, badagry and believe me when i tell you, it taught me a lot about people, life and things generally, not that i don't have good memories about the school, but i was drilled to the core.

I remember my first day in kankon, i was given all the normal things given to new boarders, clothes, uniform, etc but that night, your guess is as good as mine.

Well, that is a general preview of what primary and secondary school was like for me.

djcrucifix
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by anusule(m): 2:49pm On Feb 01, 2007
i attended jubilee coll. lag. school waz fun! i do remember getting chalks from general office and calling teachers from the staff room. also hiding in the toilet when theres trouble
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Easyy(m): 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2007
Wandungu,

you seem to have met some of our old habits while we were in GCK.

I also had the best time of my life in GCK.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by niks(f): 11:49am On Feb 09, 2007
the teachers in ISL were witches n wizards. they had their own version of dt. they will tell you to raise your textbooks, close your eyes and stand on one leg. if u dare put dt leg down, even your parents wont recognise u. but i will stil do anything 2 go bk 2 them days, even if 4 jus a day.

angry
I remember. I went to ISL and I remember when they made us cut grass and washed the toilet, honestly. Pre-1990 the only teacher I remember was the English teacher and the way she used to be wicked and cross and uncross her legs all the time. And the worst punishment for me was the kneeling on concrete shocked. Gosh know that I think of it my children are defintely going to school in Nigeria.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by nikynike(f): 11:23am On Feb 12, 2007
My primary school was fun. If tea will be my breakfast l will not take the tea rather l will use the milk and prepare ice cream to take to school. The day my dad discovered this hem he dealth with me.
Mine we were thought how to right in arabic.

oh visimi lahi ramanu rahim (thats our short prayer)

My Sec was also fun. Had some good friends ( Lahira,Fransis,Ishatu,Juliana)They were my good friends.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by danniecool(m): 9:23pm On Feb 13, 2007
Ilugramms cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by danniecool(m): 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2007
a terrible school during our time
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by OmoEko1(f): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2007
niks:

the teachers in ISL were witches n wizards. they had their own version of dt. they will tell you to raise your textbooks, close your eyes and stand on one leg. if u dare put dt leg down, even your parents wont recognise u. but i will stil do anything 2 go bk 2 them days, even if 4 jus a day.

angry
I remember. I went to ISL and I remember when they made us cut grass and washed the toilet, honestly. Pre-1990 the only teacher I remember was the English teacher and the way she used to be wicked and cross and uncross her legs all the time. And the worst punishment for me was the kneeling on concrete shocked. Gosh know that I think of it my children are defintely going to school in Nigeria.

y are your spoiling the image of ISL for goodness sake, all what u said are not true at all. i got sisters that went there and they were most of my friends went even ex boyfriends. that school is not bad at all, at least it's better than queen college or all of those other schools. people sha everytime they leave Nigeria they got to compare it with oversea school.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2007
In my Jss2, I passed the night at a friend's room on campus. While sleeping, I think I may have had a bad dream, can't recall, but I do remember being woken up to my friend's screams. The incident as he told me later was that a ghost had appeared in his dream. He approached him and wanted to -- , so when my friend woke up, he saw a white cloth in the dormitory that he mistook for the appearance of a ghost. So, he screamed out loud, and the senior student rebuked him.

I heard him scream and held tightly to the bed, apparently scared of the commotion. Almost immediately or so, another of his roommate woke up and yelled out, "Nyak Ofong, Nyak Offong", "Leave my cloth, Leave my cloth", to an unimaginary being. Nobody knows what was going on, but I think it was the effect of a nightmare. Still, when morning rolled in, some of my roommates were asking me to relay what exactly had happened at my friend's dormitory. That night, when, I made an appearance again, nna, my friend was already armed with the Holy Bible, telling me that he was going to unleash it on any unimaginary being that may trespass at his side. So much for nightmares.

Another one.

The subject of witchcraft, plus the fear of darkness, had crept into the psyche of students that some students were reluctant to venture far out of their dormitory after lights out. Our toilet was very close to the field, and my high school was almost visible to the neighbouring village, Afaha. So, sometimes at nighttime, when students felt the urge to visit the restroom, they would beg you to accompany them to the toilet. At times, you will be scared, and turn down their pleas. The bolder ones, with their lantern, would tread to the restroom and come back later on. The timid ones, either held onto their bladder or --. Such fears were founded, because Nigerians, generally are very supersitious. However, superstition would land the unforunate student in trouble. One morning, we had woken up to realize that my classmate had defecated in the dormitory. His excuse was that nobody would accompany him to the toilet. He was beaten up by some classmates.

I also loved it when the moonlight would radiate brightly at nighttime. The daring students would sneak out of the hostel and pluck mangoes at neighbouring seminary. Myself, I would fetch water with some friends at the tap water, and oh, then, we would come back and just gist about life generally. It all seems like yesterday, and even right now, I am just relieving the fond memories of dormitory life with my roommates, going to the stream in the afternoon, fetching water at nighttime under the radiance of the moon. Some of my classmates (girls) would be there, and the brightness of the moon would banish the fears that we had of the dark. High school experience, indeed was such a memorable experience, even after nearly 2 decades. Living in Nigeria was fun, for the most part.

How I long for those days.

www.Nigerianmemories..com
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2007
I.S.I's better than I.S.L anyway wink
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by lolabaloo(f): 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2007
went to a boarding school.
memories of bush babies. madam kiokio, bunkshaker and days of soaking garriumsulphate
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by temmisan: 9:41pm On Feb 20, 2007
I went to a mixed primary school (St Mary's Private) and an all girls secodary school OLA Yaba and I remember having the best times of my life.

I remember in secondary school all the Inter House Sports, Drama, Historical, Literary & Debatings days etc we used to have and I also remember having a lot of friends. We used to meet up every morning to at Yaba bus sop to discuss and catch up before we all went off to school and we'd meet up after school.

I remember friends from Igbobi, CMS, St Finbarr's, Baptist Academy, Methodist Boys and Girls High, Reagan, MaryWood, New Era, LAGGS, Holy Child etc. Still see a few of them and we still talk about school and all the fun we had.

Those were the days eh!!!! grin grin grin
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by marhoatumu(m): 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2007
Anybody here go to Pampers Private School, Surulere.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Gamine(f): 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2007
Marho,
na only u wey go 'Pampers' embarassed
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by Ronkus(f): 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2007
You guyz nostalgia don grab me o those were the dayz men. I attended carol nursery and primary school when it was in akiode ojodu lagos. How many remember ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ere pa lo wa ere pa lowa ere pa lowa se.
and french classes; lundi, mardi, mecredi, jeudi, vendredi, samedi e dimanche.
fan lolly, orange, walls ice cream refreshing and creamy.
My grand fathers clock was to last for a year though it stood nintey years on the wall,
The cock is dead the cock is dead the cock is dead the cock is dead he will never see coco di coco die, coco coco coco coco di coco die.
What of HIP for the Hip for the Hip po po  PO PO for the HIP PO PO and TAMUS for the Hipopotamus HIPOPOTAMUS
I go still remember o just wait small Hope u feelin Hope u feelin Hope u feeling fine,
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 3:49am On Feb 26, 2007
girl you got those on point!

grin grin grin
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by OmoEko1(f): 3:52am On Feb 26, 2007
Ronkus:

You guys nostalgia don grab me o those were the dayz men. I attended carol nursery and primary school when it was in akiode ojodu lagos. How many remember ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ere pa lo wa ere pa lowa ere pa lowa se.
and french classes; lundi, mardi, mecredi, jeudi, vendredi, samedi e dimanche.
fan lolly, orange, walls ice cream refreshing and creamy.
My grand fathers clock was to last for a year though it stood nintey years on the wall,
The cock is dead the cock is dead the cock is dead the cock is dead he will never see coco di coco die, coco coco coco coco di coco die.
What of HIP for the Hip for the Hip po po PO PO for the HIP PO PO and TAMUS for the Hipopotamus HIPOPOTAMUS
I go still remember o just wait small Hope u feelin Hope u feelin Hope u feeling fine,
ol Lord who will ever forget this games,i still play it sha whem am around my cuzs and little sisters sha
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by niks(f): 5:03pm On Mar 02, 2007
y are your spoiling the image of ISL for goodness sake, all what u said are not true at all. i got sisters that went there and they were most of my friends went even ex boyfriends. that school is not bad at all, at least it's better than queen college or all of those other schools. people sha everytime they leave Nigeria they got to compare it with oversea school.

Hi Omo I was not dissing ISL it was the things that happened that made it fun cool,I don't know when your friends went to ISL but when I went things like that happened and we had Fun cos otherwise School would have been boring and you are right it is better than other schools grin
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by bunmii(f): 9:47am On Mar 04, 2007
i went to O.A.U STAFF SCHOOL ILE IFE
also FIRST FOUNDATION NURSERY & PRIMARY SCHOOL MAYFAIR ILE IFE
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by okenwa(m): 1:20am On Mar 07, 2007
ah, each time am returning to my little village in oruku town every xmass or as occassion may demand, I always look at the big minala tree were i was refused entrance into elementry one just for the fact that my right hand could not touch the other side of my ear when my arm crosses over my head, infact i need an author to put my expiriences to book because it would be too interesting.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by sesantek: 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2007
The low level performance of students in mathematics calls for concern.reports from the relevant authority shows csomething has to be done immediately.As a maths teacher for so many years now, i understand the problem has to be tackled right from the basics-the early stage of a childs life.Most student go into secondray school having a very terrible foundation in the subject and has a result they struggle throughout high school.We really have to do something about this to correct the situation.I am presently working on aproject that will address the problem.I hope to reveal this in due course.
sesantek
www.internetdollars.biz
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by toba1909(m): 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2007
Infact School lyf is the best as we do say in those days, i remember my first day as an OLIVETIAN. I was happy and feeling like leaving without my parent would be enjoyable,but this turn out to wrong when in the evening i went to the dinning hall for dinner but to be served EGBO & EWA. I was just like what sought of food is this,i burst into tears,those were the days when seniors will call BOYS !!! all the juniors would run out of their rooms,if you're caught sleeping you're in soup.Enuff gists

Well sha school life is da best.
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by opsy(f): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2007
i went to OSCCO. kneeling in the sun,washings toilets,cutting grasses,12 thrashes of pankere, dey brot out d best in us though,tough but sweet memories!
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by unclebros: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2009
Yeah I remember songs like
we are to see dont go america
there was a girl in the corner. (corner! corner!!)
She was a good merry singer (singer! Singer!!)
Ha ha ha ha alleluya sing a song
dont go
Alleluya sing a song dont go

Cha Cha cha we march together
Cha cha cha we march away
Cha cha cha we march together
On, Monday (if it was a monday)

How many of you still remembers the Lit days (liteary and debating society)

so much to say
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by ibuksafex: 11:38am On Jan 23, 2018
Re: About Your Primary Or Secondary School In Nigeria by broisrael(m): 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Most Useless Subject You Studied In Your Undergraduate Years / Boy Kills Classmate Over Damaged Earphone / I Was Forced To Retake Medical Course Because I Wore A Mini Skirt To Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.