Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! (5740 Views)

MD/CEO Of Trendy Beauty Outlet Was Attacked By "Evil Snake" (Picture) / Why Nairaland Was Shut Down / Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! by justwise(m): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
ITbomb:
Update 6:00pm: Not opening

It does. Opened it now
Re: I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! by Sanchez01: 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
ITbomb: This is the most objective post I have seen since the beginning of the crisis.

I remember a user creating a thread on what he had observed and Seun ask him for screenshots, I'm not sure he provided it. About 4 more people complained about some unknown pop ups on that thread.

I'm sure the admin thought it was a code issue rather than a direct assault and didn't take precautions.

Linda is and would be more disastrous
True, a fellow created a thread to raise the alarm and Seun stepped in immediately, but just to ask for screenshots which the fellow could not provide. I provided about four screenshots, to which Seun did not respond to, rather, he was active on threads of Game of Thrones, blah blah... The truth is my laptop got infected and almost crashed; and I'm only recovering from the headache it caused me. I cannot tell what actually happened but NLers did show concern before everything fell apart.
Re: I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! by Babalakin(m): 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
I learnt one Řeta.r.ded woman(kemi omololu-olunloyo,daughter of former oyo state governor)was responsible for bringing down d site.she gave some silly excuse as to y she did it,that she had warned nairaland time and time again.she was even bragging about it and instead of attacking d culprit(I guess linda ikeji) who made a comment about her,she attacked nairaland.i saw d trend on twitter and it was removed after nairaland was restored. she alluded to d fact that nairaland was making money without investing in securing it's servers.i think she capitalised on d loopholes. It was her organisation(HNNAfrica or so)with one other person she used in bringing down d site.and to think that she did all this while in Canada beats my imagination.
Re: I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! by sweetguy10(m): 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
texaco1: guy,you are scaring the shit out of me. Are u guys really serious about what u are saying?make nairaland hackers no empty my bank acc ooo

Just clean your system up and if you notice some Virus alerts , change your email passwords and probably other sites where you log in to . It's not that alarming Just that the first day an Egyptian hacker remotely shut my PC down twice got me scared . The bastard had access to all the damn files on my system and he deleted some as well as had access to my emails , social networks etc

1 Like

Re: I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! by itstpiia: 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
Interesting analysis
Re: I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! by ChristianDJakes: 11:57am On Jun 30, 2014
AVG is good smiley
Re: I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! by just2endowed: 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
sweetguy10:

Just clean your system up and if you notice some Virus alerts , change your email passwords and probably other sites where you log in to . It's not that alarming Just that the first day an Egyptian hacker remotely shut my PC down twice got me scared . The bastard had access to all the damn files on my system and he deleted some as well as had access to my emails , social networks etc

Men u dop
Re: I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! by Nmeri17: 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
Jregz: Oga seun prolly boasted bout how secured his site is..he did that some years back and got hacked ...bumped upon d thread https://forum.intern0t.org/general-hacking-discussions/1296-nairaland-unhackable.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2944814634

i don't know if am talking crap but am saying something

You sure say nor be these guys even hack am sef
Re: I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! by Nmeri17: 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
lil max: Something is wrong i can feel it,if that means what i think it means we are in trouble Big trouble!

you think this is a motherfucking game
Re: I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2014
Nmeri17:

You sure say nor be these guys even hack am sef

did you even read it ? those are posts from 5 yrs + ago

besides, the dude said he wasn't interested in hacking a stupid forum

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Baba Alanu / PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? / Whatsapp Marketing Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.