Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? (14040 Views)

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. / Being Married To A Nigerian Is Hard Sometimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by DesChyko: 6:22am On Jun 29, 2014
It changes one's habitual personality in some ways, yeah.
Besides, of what use are dreams when reality forces you to act on relevance with a bang!
Well, I have the rest of the year to find out.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 29, 2014
Join this channel on bbm and thank me Later FACE CHAT C00432F0E
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 29, 2014
OP, every woman's dream is to be married, once that happens every other dream dies.
To women getting married is like winning WORLD CUP.

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by tammie24: 6:29am On Jun 29, 2014
No. Not being married, having kids can hinder some of your dreams
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 29, 2014
Yes. It hinders men's dreams. The host(you) will realize this but the parasite(wife) doesn't think so. She always think being with you and giving you kids is the biggest dream you can have...haha. Women and their priorities.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Youngzedd(m): 6:52am On Jun 29, 2014
Nawa for marriage.

Marriage pack well, till I become world richest man ever lliveth.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by canalily(m): 6:58am On Jun 29, 2014
....you may not know how much you are blessed untill when you get married....try marriage, it open doors when you fit with your true bone....

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Bigzig(m): 7:03am On Jun 29, 2014
As soon as am done with my Msc programme,i'll do the needfull. Then imagine if at this stage i eventually impregnate a lady, then i'll be seriously distracted and engaged

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by mployer(m): 7:03am On Jun 29, 2014
Economists call it opportunity cost smiley

there is always dream to sacrifice in order to follow up any particular dream. Marriage is a dream, and for it to be fulfilled, other non-compliant dreams will go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by tlanry: 7:43am On Jun 29, 2014
wats dis gibbberish!!! MONEY ON MY DAMN MIND.
Btw who fit go Sambissa Forest and check if sunday service dey hold for there.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 29, 2014
tlanry: wats dis gibbberish!!! MONEY ON MY DAMN MIND.
Btw who fit go Sambissa Forest and check if sunday service dey hold for there.

. And ur mind de convinced say you funny, sheh?

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by gaburiel(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2014
If you want to change the world, you better change it before you get married, cos after marriage, you can't change the remote without having to explain the reason to your wife

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by holluwai(m): 8:20am On Jun 29, 2014
The most important thing about marriage is you really really really have to prepare before you venture into it. There are so many things that happens in marriage that if you aren't ready for it, it could break the marriage even after a few months of living together. So in that light marriage could kill dreams which is why I will advice that you make sure you achieve practically all your dreams before settling down. "Talking from experience"

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by hassymo5(m): 8:27am On Jun 29, 2014
It does,, Not me sha but a friend of mine who really want to b a musician is complaining bitterly on how marriage is hindering him...
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by SPSpecial(m): 8:45am On Jun 29, 2014
Yes, in Nigeria marriage can hinder someone's dream or even kill it, that is, if one get into it very early. From the comment i'v read i will try to analys it in two ways.

If someone finally settle down with a wrong patner, one God does not call yours
-----------------------------------------------------------------

In a situation like this the union will not be as rosy as one may have wished. Your spouse may not be in support of your ways, your ideas, your goals. Assuming u have little money before u married and this exactly is what your spouse sees in u not a true love and wen tins get hard sometime, the problem will start. U will not even have time for yourself, u will feel failed. I have seen many in this case that tins goes bad for them wen they get married. They move from rich to poor, business become sour, life changed negatively. The dream to do this or that gat hindered.
The logical idea is for one not to rush into marriage. And pray into it. It iz better for one to marry wen he/she is pleased than to marry early at 24 - 27 nd endup bad.

If someone finally settles down with the right one.
--------------------------------------------------------------

In this case tins get rosy. one will feel successful n fufilled. But there many things u are expected of as a married person. Like being committed, focus with how to make a good family, cater for ur family, ur inlaws ur own family and many more. Achieving the dream of having 2-3 houses for urself, going to school more to improve ur standard nd so on
the logical idea here is that one should patiently hsave a secure job before marrying that right one becos any dream after that will be reduced and the only taught u will b left wt is how to get more money to keep ur family life.
Having a family life is a diff. part of life entirely.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Missmossy(f): 8:49am On Jun 29, 2014
It all depends on how you go about it as an individual. It could come in this form: does being married delay some dreams? Yes!!

It could hinder your dreams too if you don't plan right. Its simply a matter of setting your priorities.

What are those things you intend achieving? Know them and get inspired at all times to achieve all your goals.

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by claremont(m): 8:51am On Jun 29, 2014
It may not hinder dreams, but it definitely makes achieving dreams more challenging and difficult. Personally, I wouldn't be in my current career path if I were married, I also wouldn't have the kind of career dreams I have at the moment if I were married.
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 29, 2014
Afam4eva: It hinders individualistic and selfish dreams. When you agree to marry, your life no longer belongs to you. You share it with your partner and any decision you make has to be an agreement between you and your partner. That's why if you want to continue the dream you've been nursing before marriage, make sure you marry someone that will accept both you and your dreams.

nicely put,
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Rheetaa(f): 9:40am On Jun 29, 2014
We all have dreams and our dreams'll always face obstacles. Some use it as a convenient excuse and, thus, miss their opprtunities. Some just need to plan better and wait for the right timing. Some will fare well with supportive spouses who have dreams themselves. Marriage does not hinder any dream, not even when children are involved. It actually makes it more exciting and fulfilling because you 'see' the future you want and, together, patiently run towards it. My experience.

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by JustCare: 10:25am On Jun 29, 2014
Hmmmmm! hope op ain't trying to scare away we yet to be married guys. well, the issue @stake generally depends on who you're married to, the nature of your dteams and how strong-willed you're.

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by rocgirl: 10:29am On Jun 29, 2014
** Spreads tent,takes a sit **
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by jayriginal: 10:34am On Jun 29, 2014
Afam4eva: It hinders individualistic and selfish dreams. When you agree to marry, your life no longer belongs to you. You share it with your partner and any decision you make has to be an agreement between you and your partner. That's why if you want to continue the dream you've been nursing before marriage, make sure you marry someone that will accept both you and your dreams.

Spot on, except for your first sentence (which needs revision).
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by ayomidan: 11:00am On Jun 29, 2014
Wen you marry at the wrong time,I.e.wen u impregnate a lady which leads to marriage u re not capable of,this might hinder u of your dreams due to responsibilities
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by valarinz: 11:19am On Jun 29, 2014
Even judging from the comments here, more of the females think it doesn't hinder your dreams while more of the males believe it does.

Now do the maths

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by sarutobie(m): 11:21am On Jun 29, 2014
take my mother for example, was a secondary school teacher when she got married. dad pushed her to complete her masters program and got her a job in the ministry of education. fast forward 20 years later, she is one of the directors in the ministry to be made a permanent secretary..did marriage hinder her dream? I dont think so.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 29, 2014
What about Obama. Martin Luther, Nelson madela etc
People that don't have dreams, see excuse for not getting married. gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by hbrednic: 11:43am On Jun 29, 2014
Marriage is a prison yard,
it is where people go to loose their liberty.
AVIOD IT AT ALL COST cheesy
Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by ATSOMEH(f): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
The way I see it, your dreams adjust to every situation u find yourself. For example, when I was still growing up all I wanted to do was help all those hungry orphans I see on tv thru workin wit or for d UN. But as I grew older it dawned on me that working for d UN was a dream I didnt even know how to pursue. So I settled for helping the needy and poor around me, my dream changed to JOB's, being the eyes to d blind and the legs to the lame and putting smiles on d face of widows. Am not any where near where I want to be but still taking baby steps. So I believe dreams can be modified to suit yr situation if you really want it wit all your heart.
May God help us all.

4 Likes

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2014
For some it does and for others it doesnt,but all in all dont marry a better spouse,marry a spouse that wld make u better.

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
Smile4mee01: Does being married hinder some dreams? It's funny how one talks about what he or she would like to achieve but once they get married they seem to struggle or even abadone it totally.

Hav a few friends who have given up on education, business , travels and other stuff now that they are married. Could this also be y some brothers aint married yet?
it depends on who you married and how much both of your shared common goals .....

Approaches to fulfil dreams are what differ : the way you tackle goals as a single man/woman differs from when you are married because you have other lives so attached to your life to consider before you make your moves !!

I wanna tell you :

The manner which I run as a single dude has been doubled when I know I have to put food on the tables for my responsibilities and not just my Mouth alone and This has made me achieved more @ early age cuz I've pushed myself more

I wouldn't ve done that as ''seriously single '' !

1 Like

Re: Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 29, 2014
canalily: ....you may not know how much you are blessed untill when you get married....try marriage, it open doors when you fit with your true bone....
simple !!
JahBlessThou !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am I Extravagant With N80K And Above Monthly Spending? / Health Benefits Of Raw Honey And Ginger That You Need To Know / Help, How Do I Cope With A Verbally Abusive Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.