Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (483721 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Ephiezy4real(m): 12:36am On Dec 31, 2019
Yes, I can deliver to Anambra. Kindly let me have your whatsapp line

pals4fero:

I'm interested too, and you just asked most of my questions.

Attend pls.
Can you deliver to Anambra?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Ephiezy4real(m): 12:40am On Dec 31, 2019
Location is Osun state. Can deliver nationwide. please reach me through whatsapp 08157010134

TONY56:

What type of dried cassava do you sell?
Chips, Pellets, Cassava dried meals or what? And can we see its proximate laboratory analysis to determine it nutrients including its moisture contents?
2. Also, where is your location?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dorispray: 8:39am On Dec 31, 2019
MikeBetty:
Dont Mind Cyber Farmers, They Full Here
Thank you for the comment jaree. I already told the poster that.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by babatundeee: 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
Can you deliver to a piggery in Saki, OYO?

Darnat:
Protein is one of the most essential nutrient your animals need and the most beneficial source is Soyabeans.

We have very high quality and affordable Soyabean Cake available for your order at Empyrean Cultures Farm.
We sell in bags of 50kg @ N2,500/bag.
Our supply limit per week is 5 tonnes.
Our location is beside Obasanjo Farms, Ojuore, OTA in Ogun State.
For your order or for more information, please call or WhatsApp 08062538285.
Kind regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by babatundeee: 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2019
Im in need of pig feeds in Saki.
Contact/Whatsapp: 08122870058

acures99:
Am a medium size Pig farmer based in Ibadan but majorly i supply Pig feeds like Brewery Dry Gin BDG, Cadbury waste, Cocoa Shell, Full Fat Soya, Biscuit waste, Gala Sausage waste etc'
Contact
Acumen Farms & Agro Services
Ibadan
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ephiezy4real:
Location is Osun state. Can deliver nationwide. please reach me through whatsapp 08157010134

You didn't answer the first part of my my questions and you are answering the last one about your location grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by eboniest(f): 11:30pm On Dec 31, 2019
Please am new in this section but interested in this piggery farming.can anyone put me through.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 10:28am On Jan 01, 2020
TONY56:

You didn't answer the first part of my my questions and you are answering the last one about your location grin grin

Laboratory analysis?? You are being serious, for real?? In this Nigeria or where??
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Josephnee: 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
I think the page has helped and enlighten me more about going into piggery farming... I have a two plots of land which I want to use for piggery farm.. I have worked in a piggery farm and I some knowledge but I need more orientations because this is what I want to do for my life time.. I have never start because I am financially backside but i am looking into some empowerments from the oyó state government maybe if they will help but nothing is showing really and nobody seems want to help... I want to start with 6rooms two females that are set to cross and one male... I live around apata ibadan and I would love to meet anyone who will needs my help on anything on piggery 0810167201[color=#000099][/color]3..... I don't know how I am going to do this.. I struggled to buy the land to start building it everything just seems difficult but I believe in God and his Mercies.. �����

2 Likes

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by funso111: 8:41am On Jan 04, 2020
I need am active WhatsApp group to join. 07038307221
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Ephiezy4real(m): 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
I don't know what name to call it yet. Looks just like garri. Just that it is brown instead of white as garri. Prepared from whole cassava root. I can send the sample to you to analyse.

TONY56:

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lady25(f): 11:03am On Jan 06, 2020
Hello house. Is there any routine drug or injection to be administered to pregnant sow? Thank you in advance
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by wazilo: 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
Happy prosperous new year farmers,please where can I get 70 weaners at a cheaper price to the east?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Darnat: 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
babatundeee:
Can you deliver to a piggery in Saki, OYO?

We can deliver to Saki but you pay the transportation cost. Call or WhatsApp 08062538285 to drop info. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
lady25:
Hello house. Is there any routine drug or injection to be administered to pregnant sow? Thank you in advance

Iron im injection monthly

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
wazilo:
Happy prosperous new year farmers,please where can I get 70 weaners at a cheaper price to the east?

Whatsapp me on 08130227169
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dorispray: 12:47am On Jan 07, 2020
babatundeee:
Im in need of pig feeds in Saki.
Contact/Whatsapp: 08122870058

I remember my period of stay in Saki some few years ago. Anyway back to business I can arrange your pig feeds to Saki for you while you take responsibility for the logistics but first you need to specify the particular type of feeds components that you will need because there are different formula which you can adopt to compound the feeds for your pigs. (note - if you need more help on this please feel free to reach out to me via my email address which is available on my signature below or kindly send me a DM via my handle )
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dorispray: 1:02am On Jan 07, 2020
lady25:
Hello house. Is there any routine drug or injection to be administered to pregnant sow? Thank u in advance

It's safer if you don't inject your pregnant sow but rather you wait for it to deliver it's off-spring and you immediately administer the necessary injections to the sow and it's piglets as well.

Meanwhile you should give the pregnant sow good foods (with quality nutrients formula) and adequate water (to drink and also for bathing to cooling off it's body)

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dorispray: 1:08am On Jan 07, 2020
wazilo:

You can get from oke aro pig farm settlement anytime you need it.

For assistance on this please feel free to reach out to me via my email address which is available on my signature below or kindly send me a DM via my handle )
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lady25(f): 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
dorispray:

It's safer if you don't inject your pregnant sow but rather you wait for it to deliver it's off-spring and you immediately administer the necessary injections to the sow and it's piglets as well.

Meanwhile you should give the pregnant sow good foods (with quality nutrients formula) and adequate water (to drink and also for bathing to cooling off it's body)
thank you so much. I appreciate your help
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lady25(f): 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2020
dynamix101:

Iron im injection monthly
thank you so much
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by amsunny: 3:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
Get your new year camborough and large white growers (about to cross) both male and female from us now at Umutu in Ukwuani LGA Delta state... Call 08067753656
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2020
dorispray:

Please let's do the right thing so that we can record lower mortality and have piglets that are not anemic. Iron injection must be given to pregnant sows at least twice before they deliver their young.

There are other practices that farmers adopt which seem innocuous but end up improving their animal yields even if its slightly.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dorispray: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2020
dynamix101:

Please let's do the right thing so that we can record lower mortality and have piglets that are not anemic. Iron injection must be given to pregnant sows at least twice before they deliver their young.

There are other practices that farmers adopt which seem innocuous but end up improving their animal yields even if its slightly.

Excuse me sir what makes you think that giving injection to the pregnant sow is the "right thing" to do?

Does it even occurs to you that giving injection to the pregnant sow can even caused any deformity to unborn piglets?

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
dorispray:

Excuse me sir what makes you think that giving injection to the pregnant sow is the "right thing" to do?

Does it even occurs to you that giving injection to the pregnant sow can even caused any deformity to unborn piglets?

As you being serious or just jerking my chain??

Kindly show us studies which show that giving iron injections to pregnant sows might cause damage to the foetuses. That you don't do it doesn't make it wrong. I still maintain that it is the right thing to do; let's 'rightly' educate upcoming farmers on the best practices to increase their yield.

Thank you!
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dorispray: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
dynamix101:

As you being serious or just jerking my chain??

You decide for yourself

dynamix101:

That you don't do it doesn't make it wrong. I still maintain that it is the right thing to do; let's 'rightly' educate upcoming farmers on the best practices to increase their yield.

I'm not going into a debate with you on it. It's a choice you either accept or ignore. And I still maintain that it's safer if you abort administering injections to a pregnant sow until it's delivery.

dynamix101:

Thank you!

You're most welcome sir.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2020
dorispray:

You decide for yourself

I'm not going into a debate with you on it. It's a choice you either accept or ignore. And I still maintain that it's safer if you abort administering injections to a pregnant sow until it's delivery.

You're most welcome sir.

You skipped the part where I asked for studies that support your hypothesis. We have been doing it for years and we are seeing the results. I have personally asked a number of farmers who were having issues to start injecting their pregnant sows and infant mortality dropped. This is practical, not theoretical. I have googled studies and I have not seen any where it is said that iron kills foetuses. Rather, oyibo themselves in some studies allow for the injections cos there is an admitted slight change in form in resultant infant birth in sows that were injected when they were pregnant. Over here, we have seen a huge change in form from our practical applications.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dorispray: 5:34am On Jan 10, 2020
dynamix101:

You skipped the part where I asked for studies that support your hypothesis. We have been doing it for years and we are seeing the results. I have personally asked a number of farmers who were having issues to start injecting their pregnant sows and infant mortality dropped. This is practical, not theoretical. I have googled studies and I have not seen any where it is said that iron kills foetuses. Rather, oyibo themselves in some studies allow for the injections cos there is an admitted slight change in form in resultant infant birth in sows that were injected when they were pregnant. Over here, we have seen a huge change in form from our practical applications.

Thank you!

If I choose to simply ignore your post, you'll think say you don win, but the problem I can see with you is that your assertions are not right but yet you're claiming that you're totally right.

And judging from your assertions, It's a clear fact to me that you're not a trained Vet doctor, neither do you probably work along with one, but you carry out self-medication on your Pigs while relying solely on the information you get on google (Which you do NOT even properly and diligently go through)

You asked me for hypothesis studies but I'll humbly advise you to go to school to acquire right knowledge or alternatively align yourself with a trained Vet doctor and you can aquire some knowledge that way, should in case you cannot dilligently get that from your google search (but of course the knowledge is right available there online)

dynamix101:

I have googled studies and I have not seen any where it is said that iron kills foetuses.

And did made any comment or assertion like this on this thread ??

Now let me help other folks here with this info: You can only consider giving your pregnant sow correct dose of required vaccines (i.e oxytocin & prostaglandins - Please no just carry anyone give am ooo) during the farrowing periods as long as you've properly documented your pigs gestation days. Note: The decision whether to use prostaglandins or not must be an individual one based on veterinary advice and the results assessed on each farm.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 11:05am On Jan 10, 2020
dorispray:

If I choose to simply ignore your post, you'll think say you don win, but the problem I can see with you is that your assertions are not right but yet you're claiming that you're totally right.

And judging from your assertions, It's a clear fact to me that you're not a trained Vet doctor, neither do you probably work along with one, but you carry out self-medication on your Pigs while relying solely on the information you get on google (Which you do NOT even properly and diligently go through)

You asked me for hypothesis studies but I'll humbly advise you to go to school to acquire right knowledge or alternatively align yourself with a trained Vet doctor and you can aquire some knowledge that way, should in case you cannot dilligently get that from your google search (but of course the knowledge is right available there online)

[/i]

And did made any comment or assertion like this on this thread ??

Now let me help other folks here with this info: You can only consider giving your pregnant sow correct dose of required vaccines (i.e oxytocin & prostaglandins - Please no just carry anyone give am ooo) during the farrowing periods as long as you've properly documented your pigs gestation days. Note: The decision whether to use prostaglandins or not must be an individual one based on veterinary advice and the results assessed on each farm.

Your assertions are duly noted. I am a practical farmer and you can come by anytime to see my farm at Oke aro. I googled to crosscheck your hypothesis and didn't find anywhere where your claim was validated. We can go back and forth on this issue, but this will be my last reply to you.

I teach what I do, I teach what has been tested and verified by me and other farmers in my community and has been yielding results. Anytime you want, come and see what we do over here. That you do not do it does not make it wrong. It is right and we even inject them every two weeks with iron. That is the right thing to do. Please do not inject your pregnant sows with oxytocin, biko.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dorispray: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
Likewise I have no interest in any further debate with you on this issue.

My point is clearly stated. It's safer to abort giving injection to your pregnant sow until when it's about to start farrowing which can be about the 113 or 114 day during it's gestation period, OR immediately after the delivery together with it's piglets which shouldn't be more than 24 hours

Note - To other folks out there, it's even safer if you take advice and guidance from a trained vet doctor before administering any injection to your pig. Don't just take any advice from anyone who has a farm at oke aro

**Even oke aro is my yard.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Darnat: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
lady25:

This guide can help you with all stages you need pay attention to. We practice this guide routinely in our farm with Excellent results.

http://agritech.tnau.ac.in/animal_husbandry/ani_pig_care%20mgt.html

Hope this helps you.

Happy Farrow in Advance!!!

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lady25(f): 10:18am On Jan 11, 2020
Darnat:

This guide can help you with all stages you need pay attention to. We practice this guide routinely in our farm with Excellent results.

http://agritech.tnau.ac.in/animal_husbandry/ani_pig_care%20mgt.html

Hope this helps you.

Happy Farrow in Advance!!!
thank you so much sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.