Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:20 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (486337 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by AreaFada2: 1:24am On Jan 11, 2015
Pork is profitable almost all over South South
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by REUBEN010(m): 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
Gerrard59:
Please let this thread not die oh.

If I may ask can be piggery business profitable in Uyo?

Besides I just recently acquired this land. How do you see the size, gurus in the house?

pls where in Uyo is it. I'm a student of Agricultural Economics in Uniuyo and will lyk to visit ur farm wen u finally set it up.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Gerrard59(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
I will let you know when I'm ready.

For a starter, is the size reasonable?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
Gerrard59:
I will let you know when I'm ready.

For a starter, is the size reasonable?

what is the size of the land and how many animals do you intend to rear?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Niyoga(m): 2:12am On Jan 12, 2015
dejia:

Hi Niyoga,
When you say " fattenning," what exactly do you mean? Do you mean, you just want to buy weaners and fatten and sell off, without running a farrow to finish program?
in regards to breed, it depends on alot of factors, what breed do you want? like i wrote in my previous post, piggery is like chicken, you have local chicken, cockrel and broilers, each of those categories have various breed, all those categories are profitable. share more details on your plans and i will see how i could be of help.
Merry Christmas to all...
i have gone into processing, for those interested in buying pork and mince meat( pork); drop me an e-mail : deji@fulfillsa.co.za
dejia:

Emman44,
Yes i have a few left. How many do you want? send me an e-mail: deji@fulfillsa.co.za
I do deliveries and also offer support for people would buy our weaners.
i have interest in your weaners if they are still available. I stayed in lagos.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Gerrard59(m): 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
femu:

what is the size of the land and how many animals do you intend to rear?

Quite big. I am a confirm learner. Will use my second semester holiday to undergo a training at a nearby piggery. Currently in my first year in school. Probably by my second year would start the business.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 9:31pm On Jan 12, 2015
Gerrard59:

Quite big. I am a confirm learner. Will use my second semester holiday to undergo a training at a nearby piggery. Currently in my first year in school. Probably by my second year would start the business.

good idea! Its always better to undergo training and learn from experienced farmers
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by obnelly: 9:49am On Jan 16, 2015
We are expert in agricultural waste handling and utilization. We make farming environment conducieve for both human and animals
No doubt pigs, cattle and poultry farm smell a lot with so much offensive odour.
We have proven technology that can reduce the offensive odour to odour free zone.
We also convert all your farm waste into useful product for brooding, cooking and power generation.if you are interested in this simple technology we can assist you to plan, design and construct the technology on your farm.we are at your service across Nigeria and part of West Africa.
For details contact us on this e-mail:
obnelly2009@gmail.com.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Niyoga(m): 8:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
Who is at oke-aro farm, I'm new in the business
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hello Pig farmers, as a practicing pig farmer i continue to innovate all aspects of my pig farm business and discovered that the only way to

derive maximum value for every gram of feed my pigs eat is to monitor the daily or weekly weight gain of the pigs using stress free and accurate tools.

All successful global pig farms try to optimize feed costs using technology.. especially using a digital pig weight scale

Using this device you:

monitor daily growth rate

sell pigs accurately

detect sick animals

eliminate runts

identify best feed formulations

e t.c

We also sell: Farrowing crates, Feeders, Farrow nursery equipments.

We don't just sell these products we teach you how to use them productively.

Call: 08034209301 or email: femu_2001@yahoo.com to order the Pig digital weight scale

3 Likes

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Agathabishen(f): 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2015
Is any one here into hybrid pigs?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Eefosa1: 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
I am still looking for hybrid that can litters as many like 61 above
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Eefosa1: 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
I mean from 16 and above
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
Eefosa1:
I mean from 16 and above

Good management practice gives you that result.
good feed and timely mating allow you to get maximum yield
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by donnie(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hi Guys,

Reading through this thread has realy been helpful.
I'm a pig farmer. I seek to buy pure bred Duroc and Landrace pigs of about 24-28 weeks old.

Any seller with these in stock?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Ty207: 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
hey! guyz i need your help
i want to invest in pig farming at oke-aro farm with 400k...i don't know anything about this business for now but i intend to visit the place for 3days this week. i intend to start with wearer, which bred will you guyz advise me to go for? how do i get cheap materials to feed them, just advise me i dont even know the question to ask grin grin cheesy, am not familiar with piggery terms which one is Duroc , Landrace, grower etc
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Bloomingalley: 7:44am On Jan 19, 2015
Ty207:
i want to invest in pig farming at oke-aro farm with 400k...i don't know anything about this business for now but i intend to visit the place for 3days this week. i intend to start with wearer, which bred will you guyz advise me to go for? how do i get cheap materials to feed them, just advise me i dont even know the question to ask grin grin cheesy, am not familiar with piggery terms which one is Duroc , Landrace, grower etc

I will recommend, you read books on pig farming in Nigeria, also try to read this thread from the beginning till date before you invest, you can also look for a consultant , who will help you.

Piggery is profitable, but requires alot of knowledge just like any other business.

donnie:
Hi Guys,

Reading through this thread has realy been helpful.
I'm a pig farmer. I seek to buy pure bred Duroc and Landrace pigs of about 24-28 weeks old.

Any seller with these in stock?

I have a hybrids with strong Duroc genes in ilorin; how many and where is your location?
Drop me an e-mail: deji@fulfillsa.co.za . i can arrange transportation

Agathabishen:
Is any one here into hybrid pigs?

I have hybrid pigs.
Eefosa1:
I mean from 16 and above

Femu answers are correct..

Good Management, Good feed, Good Breed, Timely mating is all that counts.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by donnie(m): 8:21am On Jan 19, 2015
Bloomingalley:

I have a hybrids with strong Duroc genes in ilorin; how many and where is your location?
Drop me an e-mail: deji@fulfillsa.co.za . i can arrange transportation

My farm is at Ogoja in Cross River state. Quite a distance away. However, i would prefer pure bred pigs. I'l send you a mail. Thanks!
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by donnie(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2015
obnelly:
We are expert in agricultural waste handling and utilization. We make farming environment conducieve for both human and animals
No doubt pigs, cattle and poultry farm smell a lot with so much offensive odour.
We have proven technology that can reduce the offensive odour to odour free zone.
We also convert all your farm waste into useful product for brooding, cooking and power generation.if you are interested in this simple technology we can assist you to plan, design and construct the technology on your farm.we are at your service across Nigeria and part of West Africa.
For details contact us on this e-mail:
obnelly2009@gmail.com.
How much waste does one require for power generation or cooking? I have just about 30 adult pigs at the moment.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by boluwajokosegun: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
@efosa, my friend's farm in Ph is full of pigs that give birth to 20 piglets but not at first litter but they will not do that with poor management oooo. Call 08136650972 for more information
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ceasare: 5:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ty207:

Don't invest ur #400k until u learn about d biz and start small ok.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by automine(m): 11:36am On Jan 21, 2015
Hello house. I have some point of lay pullet birds and pigs for sale. Interested buyers should please call 07030470010
Thanks.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by xtacycares(m): 11:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
WANTED: A PIGGERY FOR LEASE PREFERABLY IN LAGOS/OGUN STATE......U CAN CALL,TEXT NOR WHATSAP ME ON 08160665880...GOD BLESS U.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by cilla123(f): 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
Ty207:

Hello,

I have a friend in Owerri, Rivers Nigeria who can talk to you about the pig business. He will be able to get you started by selling you small pigs to get started in the pig business. He will teach you everything you need to know about the business. Please contact him at +234 816 624 4103 ; Chinonso

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Eefosa1: 7:29am On Jan 23, 2015
GOOD FELLOWS IN THE HOUSE,I WANT AN ADVICE ON LARGE WHITE AND ADVANTAGES OF BREED,CARE AND POSSIBLE LIMITATION
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Eefosa1: 7:40am On Jan 23, 2015
PLS ADVICE FEEDS FORMULA
I USED MAINLY PKC ,FIRST CRUSHED,MAIZE,FOOD FAT SOYA,BICUIT WASTE,INDOMIE BUT I DONT SEE SO MUCH RAPID GROWTH AS EXPECTED,I TRIED YEAST ONCE TO MIXED WITH PKC THEY REFUSED angry TO EAT THE FOOD EVENTUALLY WASTE,I AM TRYING TO SOURCE FOR BREWERY WASTE ,WHO CAN BRING IT TO MY AREA
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dejia(m): 11:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
Eefosa1:
PLS ADVICE FEEDS FORMULA
I USED MAINLY PKC ,FIRST CRUSHED,MAIZE,FOOD FAT SOYA,BICUIT WASTE,INDOMIE BUT I DONT SEE SO MUCH RAPID GROWTH AS EXPECTED,I TRIED YEAST ONCE TO MIXED WITH PKC THEY REFUSED angry TO EAT THE FOOD EVENTUALLY WASTE,I AM TRYING TO SOURCE FOR BREWERY WASTE ,WHO CAN BRING IT TO MY AREA

Eefosa,

Feed might not be the only reason your pigs arent growing; it could be also be breed, it could even be access to clean water, management..
When you think of pigs, compare them with human beings, food isnt all that is require for someone to grow fat or big. drop me an e-mail with pictures and more details of your farm, i will try to help you out. Try to read on previous post on this page, it will also help you.

Also, looking at your feed, i dont think you have a balanced diet.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by martyns200(m): 6:45am On Jan 24, 2015
Am at okearo farm, y do u ask and how may I be of help?

Niyoga:
Who is at oke-aro farm, I'm new in the business
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by martyns200(m): 6:53am On Jan 24, 2015
Brewery waste is no go area, better source for any of these feeds; cadbury waste, guiness waste, sona waste, nestle waste.any of the listed feed I mentioned should be added to pkc and also d use of wet blood and u can put in your listed compounded alongside to get a balanced diet for ur pigs. Moreso dunno if u deworm ur animals and treat them wit multivitamin, iron and others. Hope this helps

Eefosa1:
PLS ADVICE FEEDS FORMULA
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by martyns200(m): 6:58am On Jan 24, 2015
Well, am at okearo also, get back to me as soon as u get this so we can hook up nd would gladly tell u all u need to know. Guess I can be of help

Ty207:
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by martyns200(m): 7:01am On Jan 24, 2015
That's how I started and hope u follow suit by learning before investing

ceasare:

Don't invest ur #400k until u learn about d biz and start small ok.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Belexy(m): 8:01am On Jan 24, 2015
Just a quick question: are fully grown pigs dangerous animals? I want to get abt four piglets and let them roam in my compound wt out cages/pen till adulthood and ready for slaughter. This are just for personal/family consumption and not business. Would my family be safe? My compound is quite large.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.