Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (483889 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 8:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hello everyone, it has been a busy year for me on the farm trying to keep production targets, satisfying clients and exploring new terrain.

Over the past 3 years, i have been carefully researching on processing pork and acquiring knowledge on this technical but profitable aspect of the pig business chain.

The result has been a happy transition from a farmer to a butcher now to a chef.

Now am happy to share all of these exciting possibilities with everyone via a training program on my farm.

here is the program outline:

butchering and identifying cuts

equipments

flavouring

preservation

Sausage making

pork rinds

bacon

whole roast

The training program is a live practical.

We will butcher and process pigs into a variety of pork products on my farm using affordable and easy to acquire methods and equipment.

It's a one-on-one training program that equips you with a lifelong skill and not cheap.....

even if you see no reason to process as a farmer remember that today:

A Litre of crude pko is now 300 naira.

A Litre of sealed refined vegetable oil is now 800 naira.

Pig farmers are still dashing away their Pig fat for free.

wakeup guys!!!

call or WhatsApp me on 08034209301 for more details
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Lajenni: 1:05am On Jun 25, 2016
I just stumbled on this tread.
Im putting in place facilities on my one acre farmland to start Piggery.

My farm is around Ede area in Osun State

I will welcome any suggestion for a starter like me
Thank you
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Buddhar(m): 7:16am On Jun 25, 2016
Contact us for your pigs of any age, weaners, growers and finishers for slaughter. Improved breed boar and sows also available. Join the train!

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by streamsy(f): 2:39am On Jul 06, 2016
Hello pig farmers.
I must commend your post over the years.
I have been following posts and saving patiently.
Now am ready to start in my own little way. I have about 3 acres of land but little cash for a start up.
Please if your farm is close to Abeokuta Ibadan Express way and you have piglets, boars and soars i can buy to start up my farm please contact me. 07089164143.
I will also like to visit a farm close buy to learn a few things more.
I hope to get a favourable responses.

Thank you
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Yinaksfarm: 5:05am On Jul 07, 2016
Hi house, I am new on this forum. Highly appreciative of all I ve read on this forum. Please any farmer along ilesa - Ife axis here. I need more piglets /growers for fattening. Reasonable prices please.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Olatunde26: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hello friends,
Pls I need a boar and 4 sow from a registered farm. Kindly mail me on oderindeolufisyo@gmail.com or 07037153550. Thank you.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Yinaksfarm: 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
Please I need btw 50-80 piglets /growers for fattening purposes. I can be contacted on 08069315682. My farm is in ilesa in osun state. akinbolorunduro69@gmail.com. I
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by awosmart: 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
dejia:
Hello Pig farmers, We have the following pig equipment and accessories for sale. 1) Pig Nipples 1,000 each ( 80k for a pack of 100) 2) Special Nipples for Sow : 1,200 each ( 100k for a pack of 100) 3) Pig Restrainer : 10k each 4) Applicator: 10k each ( 90k for a pack of 10) 5) Numbered tags 10k each ( 90k for a pack of 10). 6) Electric Tail Docker : 15k each ( 120k for a pack of 10). 7) Tattoo machine with ink for about 500 pigs: 20k 6) Slatted floors ( email). order via e.mail: deji@fulfillsa.co.za We can arrange delivery anywhere in Nigeria at an extra cost. All our product comes with a 12 months warranty.
I need your contact number, please inbox me

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by aiotaq: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
connect and share ideas with other farmers and expects at www.inat.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Buddhar(m): 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
Matured high yield boars and sows available for sale. Note: For breeders only. Contact agric republic farms ltd on 07039388167.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
**********AVAILABLE FOR SALE**********

100 Growers and 10 Pregnant Sows.

Farm Location is at Ota, Ogun state.

Call or WhatsApp me on 08034209301 for more details.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abeyyskyne(m): 7:12am On Jul 14, 2016
@Femu What breeds are the growers and how much?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dandylass: 7:05am On Jul 16, 2016
Are there pig farmers that will be in interested in palm kernel cake to feed his pigs? Pls contact me on 08036292779 i reside in Enugu State.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by swap2020: 11:59am On Jul 20, 2016
Good day guys. Are you a pig farmer, contact me for SPENT GRAIN (brewers grain). It's very suitable for pigs and feed production. 08189898665

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by gentlewind(m): 3:11am On Jul 24, 2016
Kudos to all those who have been contributing to growth of Piggerry Husbandary in Nigeria via this treated. U really inspired and educate some of us that has already picked interest in pig farm.
Please, I want the Oga's in the house to tell me the breed of this sow that i will post below. I saw it at Oke Aro farm. And everyone around were talking glowing about and i have witness it farrow two times.
The first it gave birth to 10 and nurse all of till whlllen the are were wean. The second time this sow delivered12 and all the litters we ok and no mortality recorded.
My question is can i start my breed with this animal. And what is the namr of its breed. Cos each time its farrow ppl always scramble to by of its piglets

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by gentlewind(m): 3:50am On Jul 24, 2016
Pls, Guru'd in the house. Help me identify the breed of the two sows. And i will appreciate if some good information can be supply along.
I meed it for Selection purpose.

Their pictures are below

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by gabolak(m): 8:46am On Jul 24, 2016
I have painstakingly read thru this thread frm pg1 to this point. I need to commend all the contributors and most importantly, d gurus in the house. You av all done very well. More pigs to your herds & more profit to your investments. I want to start my pig farm in Abeokuta asap, I need a willing mentor around. I want to get good breed of weaners & ready to cross sows @ affordable prices.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by gabolak(m): 11:40am On Jul 24, 2016
Pls great farmers in the house, if there's any whasap group or any group at all you can kindly add me to it 08188060140. thanks.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
gabolak:
I have painstakingly read thru this thread frm pg1 to this point. I need to commend all the contributors and most importantly, d gurus in the house. You av all done very well. More pigs to your herds & more profit to your investments. I want to start my pig farm in Abeokuta asap, I need a willing mentor around. I want to get good breed of weaners & ready to cross sows @ affordable prices.
am not a guru am an intending farmer but I can be your mentor cos I have vast knowledge in piggery,if u are interested signify and ask for my whatsap number so we chat better
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
gentlewind:
Pls, Guru'd in the house. Help me identify the breed of the two sows. And i will appreciate if some good information can be supply along.
I meed it for Selection purpose.

Their pictures are below
av seen the picture,being a good mother does not make her offspring a good breeder,if you are using her weaners for breeding purpose won't rili advice u,i don't no what breed they mate b4 getting dis particular breed which is the sow,but I advice u to get more exoctic weaners for your breeders,but u can buy her weaners for fattening,pigs like dis no matter how u feed them the can weigh beyond 100kg which I even doubt but if u don't Av moni to purchase exotic weaners make sure u get exoctic boar to mate them so as to improve there genetics
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by gentlewind(m): 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
@tayo52: Thanks for response and advice. Pls can you suggest the type of Exotic boar that will be om for the sow. Secondly do you have any body that i can buy exotic weaners from and at what rate?

Thank a lot, waiting for your response
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
gentlewind:
@tayo52: Thanks for response and advice. Pls can you suggest the type of Exotic boar that will be om for the sow. Secondly do you have any body that i can buy exotic weaners from and at what rate?

Thank a lot, waiting for your response
the best exotic boar so far is PIC commonly known as camborough,cost of d weaners depend most tyms is 20k,den u can get large white or landrace weaners as well,they attain good weight within 6months u get average of 70kg while camborough boar can weigh up to 200kg in a year but under good feeding n management,we will discuss breeding as time goes on feel free to ask question here cost of LW or LR weaners depend on location like I said am intending farmer with vast knowledge

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
tayo52:
the best exotic boar so far is PIC commonly known as camborough,cost of d weaners depend most tyms is 20k,den u can get large white or landrace weaners as well,they attain good weight within 6months u get average of 70kg while camborough boar can weigh up to 200kg in a year but under good feeding n management,we will discuss breeding as time goes on feel free to ask question here cost of LW or LR weaners depend on location like I said am intending farmer with vast knowledge
mature breeding boar for sale from a fwend farm 2years breed large white,weight above 130kg,reason for sell erosion problem,want to renovate n star from the scratch very active n not fat cos it for breeding
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by SinaAkinsanya: 12:24am On Jul 26, 2016
Most pigs in Nigeria have no pure background and have been maltreated. Pure breeds can be obtained at the Swine Research Centre in Ikenne ogun state. I hear their weaners go for 70,000 each. They have Landrace, large whites and Duroc. I saw their male stock. Very impressive.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by swap2020: 5:29am On Jul 26, 2016
eazeefix:

Bros I don't know why your product is this costly becos animalcare's weaners mash is 1800 but I use top feed super starter when I feel too lazy to compound my feed. Pls see how u can bring down this price.
I have SPENT GRAIN (brewers grain). It's very good for pigs and feed production. Price will not be an issue.08189798665
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 8:53am On Jul 26, 2016
SinaAkinsanya:
Most pigs in Nigeria have no pure background and have been maltreated. Pure breeds can be obtained at the Swine Research Centre in Ikenne ogun state. I hear their weaners go for 70,000 each. They have Landrace, large whites and Duroc. I saw their male stock. Very impressive.
buying 70k weaners is not bad only if want to be selling strictly breeders,which the market for it is not much,venturing into full breed is not a good idea,hybrid or cross breeds do better,if u are buying a LW it does not mean it has to be fullbreed but has atleast 80percent of large white features,but u can buy exotic boar to mate them,just tell me buying a weaner 70k and at d end u fattening her offspring for slaugher or buying weaner of 10k using her offspring for fattening,i tend to be correct cross breeds do better than full breeds,dont get me wrong ooo,not concoction cross breed with large white ooo,PLs let make this group lively I once learn from this group b4 being APPN member and what av gain is enough for me to be a consultant lolz although I be intending farmer lolz pls let ask questions n share ideas together cos am still learning too much of guru
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by SinaAkinsanya: 3:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
I was only trying to let people know that such a place exists. Yes spending such amount of money is only justified as foundation stock for breeding.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 10:34am On Jul 28, 2016
SinaAkinsanya:
I was only trying to let people know that such a place exists. Yes spending such amount of money is only justified as foundation stock for breeding.
that good,we need more contributions in this group n more questions so we can both learn
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Ifedayour007(m): 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
tayo52:
buying 70k weaners is not bad only if want to be selling strictly breeders,which the market for it is not much,venturing into full breed is not a good idea,hybrid or cross breeds do better,if u are buying a LW it does not mean it has to be fullbreed but has atleast 80percent of large white features,but u can buy exotic boar to mate them,just tell me buying a weaner 70k and at d end u fattening her offspring for slaugher or buying weaner of 10k using her offspring for fattening,i tend to be correct cross breeds do better than full breeds,dont get me wrong ooo,not concoction cross breed with large white ooo,PLs let make this group lively I once learn from this group b4 being APPN member and what av gain is enough for me to be a consultant lolz although I be intending farmer lolz pls let ask questions n share ideas together cos am still learning too much of guru

@tayo52 i really like your ideas and explanation, i am interested in starting a pig farm soon and i hope i can contact you then to learn more from you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.