Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (485087 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vicsnikky: 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
plz how much does it take to start a small scale pig farm? plz i nid reply i my inbox plz
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by muyiroro: 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
abeyyskyne:

I have these breeds in my farm, aren't they beautiful!
[quote author=abeyyskyne post=48384234]
Pls I need a location of a farm that I get camborough wearers
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by fiddzy(m): 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
Pls farmers in the house what is the cause of occasional coughing in pigs my grower male pig has been coughing for 2 weeks nw n i dnt knw the cure any experience farmers in the house pls.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tayo52: 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
abeyyskyne:

I have these breeds in my farm, aren't they beautiful!
it really a nice breed LW I encourage all farmers to upgrade from our concoction breeds to nice breeds like dis
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abeyyskyne(m): 12:01am On Aug 13, 2016
@muyiroro I am going to have some camborough piglets by November ending. Msg me then if you are still interested. Thanks.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abeyyskyne(m): 12:04am On Aug 13, 2016
tayo52:
it really a nice breed LW I encourage all farmers to upgrade from our concoction breeds to nice breeds like dis
Thank you, that's the same message I have been preaching to my fellow farmers. By so doing, we are going to increase our profitability.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by annunaki2(m): 6:24am On Aug 13, 2016
abeyyskyne:
@muyiroro I am going to have some camborough piglets by November ending. Msg me then if you are still interested. Thanks.

Where are you based? I am interested as well. smiley
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abeyyskyne(m): 11:37am On Aug 13, 2016
annunaki2:

Where are you based? I am interested as well. smiley
@annunaki2 Thanks for your interest, I am based in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Jessam: 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
fiddzy:
Pls farmers in the house what is the cause of occasional coughing in pigs my grower male pig has been coughing for 2 weeks nw n i dnt knw the cure any experience farmers in the house pls.

Hmmm swine flu...........
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abeyyskyne(m): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
fiddzy:
It could be pneumonia. Have your vet doctor check it out to be sure before you start administering medications.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by fiddzy(m): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
Tanx
abeyyskyne:

It could be pneumonia. Have your vet doctor check it out to be sure before you start administering medications.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by annunaki2(m): 8:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
abeyyskyne:

@annunaki2 Thanks for your interest, I am based in Lagos.

Wow cheesy would love to visit your farm, I am planning on starting a piggery by the end of the year. cheesy
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ops(m): 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
fiddzy:

Pnuemonia usually comes with wheezing.
Use Tylosin, it should stop in a day or two.

2 Likes

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abeyyskyne(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
fiddzy:
Tanx
Anytime.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by greenlilly(m): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2016
Uhmmmmmmmm Naija factor in businesses. Well I have a pig farm on a 5 acres of land, half fenced with two gates. A staff quarter for 4 farm attendants and a self contained room for a farm manager. My pen can take 500 fatten pigs and 85 sows at once. I currently have 25 sows, 50piglets and 25growers. I wish to grow the farm to a 5000 pigs capacity and also hope to incorporate biogas generation. I believe if the white can do it successfully we also deserve to get it right. I have a vision and if you think u can align with this vision you are the one I am looking for as a manager. I NEED A VIBRANT, SMART FARM MANAGER for my pig farm. My farm is at Goshen Arigbajo, Apomu area Ifo Ogun state. If you are a GENUINE person pls kindly email countryscheme@yahoo.com. Thank you all and God bless.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by DOTMANSAM: 11:26am On Aug 16, 2016
Please I need 30pigs urgently in Ibadan, 50kg and above. Kindly reach me on 08038239604. Pls its urgent.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 11:27am On Aug 16, 2016
femu:
**********AVAILABLE FOR SALE**********

100 Growers and 10 Pregnant Sows.

Farm Location is at Ota, Ogun state.

Call or WhatsApp me on 08034209301 for more details.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tuk2ato(m): 11:39am On Aug 18, 2016
Please have you started, am in osogbo as well and am about to start, though am into poultry.
dmydee:
Greetings to everyone in the house. I must salute the good heart with which many shared insightful knowlegde and experience without anticipating favor or gain in return.
@dejia
I commend your good work after reading through your posts. I will contact you through mail because i want you to be my mentor.
Im based in osogbo.

Once more, thank you everyone.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tuk2ato(m): 8:51am On Aug 19, 2016
Please can you share pictures of how a bamboo /wooden pen will look like. Thanks.
omode2:
The cost of constructing a pen house as a beginner doesnt come cheap. But a wooden or bamboo pen can also be constructed to reduce cost.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Andycame: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
Does anyone in the house have contact of people in charge of Brewers Spent Grain at NB in 9th Mile, Enugu? I have been using the dried one procured at New market but was informed that the wet one is cheaper and better. Anyone with more information on this should kindly assist.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by shawnz(m): 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
Andycame:
Does anyone in the house have contact of people in charge of Brewers Spent Grain at NB in 9th Mile, Enugu? I have been using the dried one procured at New market but was informed that the wet one is cheaper and better. Anyone with more information on this should kindly assist.
i av sum1 who supplies me 4rm NBL... It depends whr ur farm is located
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by shawnz(m): 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
Andycame:
i av sum1 who supplies me 4rm NBL, enugu... It depends whr ur farm is located
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dejia(m): 11:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
Fellow Farmers,

WE have about 130 breeders stock at various stages to sell

Breed: Hybrid a cross of large white and PIC Camborough 337 ( via artificial Insemination) from PIC South Africa

* Weaners: ( 6-10weeks) weight 7-12kg: 12k

* Growers: (12-16weeks) weight 16-30kg: 20k

* Boar: (20-24weeks) weight 35-50kg: 30k

* In sow and in gilts ( Pregnant pigs) : 70k

Minimum weaners and growers sales ; ratio 3 Females to 1 Male

WE do arrange delivery all over the country at an extra cost. Our farm is located in ilorin, Kwara state

Sales and Delivery from the 20th to 31st of August,2016

E-mail your request: deji@fulfillsa.co.za

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by iyoha240: 11:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
which states or locations in Nigeria is Pig and other animal husbandary suitable for and more profitable?
And if you know the amount at which an Acre of Land is being sold for at the location pls indicate
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dejia(m): 11:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
some pictures of AI and growers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Poops: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
@dejia, are you in naija right about now? If so for how long?

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by fiddzy(m): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
Wow jst administered tylocure 3 days ago chairman is doing fine tanx 1ce again
ops:

Pnuemonia usually comes with wheezing.
Use Tylosin, it should stop in a day or two.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by fiddzy(m): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
My pig is okay now tanx
abeyyskyne:

Anytime.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tuk2ato(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
My oga, these prices are for breeders, wont you consider we that are looking into fattening?
dejia:
Fellow Farmers,

WE have about 130 breeders stock at various stages to sell

Breed: Hybrid a cross of large white and PIC Camborough 337 ( via artificial Insemination) from PIC South Africa

* Weaners: ( 6-10weeks) weight 7-12kg: 12k

* Growers: (12-16weeks) weight 16-30kg: 20k

* Boar: (20-24weeks) weight 35-50kg: 30k

* In sow and in gilts ( Pregnant pigs) : 70k

Minimum weaners and growers sales ; ratio 3 Females to 1 Male

WE do arrange delivery all over the country at an extra cost. Our farm is located in ilorin, Kwara state

Sales and Delivery from the 20th to 31st of August,2016

E-mail your request: deji@fulfillsa.co.za

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by tuk2ato(m): 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
My ogas in the house i know that most of you have given a range for FCR of btw 2-4,but my question is from your years of experience, what has been your average FCR? The range of btw 2-4 wont really help planning much. Maybe you can help us address this FCR on a breed basis because i read that some breeds perform better than others in terms of FCR particularly duroc.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dode1: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
I want to start a pig farm n i need all d help i can get. i want to start with 10 sow n 4 Boer. I need to know d size of the pen n how much n where to get a brood stock
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Binutiri(m): 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
Dejia i really need you to get in touch. ....I tried your number you never home pls call me on +46737182649 or whatapp +46765626168...I need full breed Pic cam. And pic 433

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.